The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct  - Page 2 Mm11

McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct  - Page 2 Mm11

McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct  - Page 2 Regist10

McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct  - Page 2 Empty Re: McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct

Post by ROSA 06.10.15 7:16

Just noticed our avatars now have reputation so people have to like your comment ? in that case we are trolls with reputation whose going to be top troll ?

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct  - Page 2 Empty Re: McCann fury as new libel cop case begins - Daily Star, 5th Oct

Post by The Rooster 06.10.15 7:17

Keeping things in context this piece is wholly consistent with the style of this low end publication. I'm not going to let it phase me. Jerry Lawton you are a twit!

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.10.15 7:44

HiDeHo wrote:From a reliable source...

Nothing is happening this week. It appears there may have been a misunderstanding with the dates by some and 10/07/2015 was presumed to be October 7th, when it likely meant it was SENT on July 10th. There will be no court sessions either. We just wait for the decision.

It does mean submitted on July 10, and all they can now do is wait for the decision.

Any indication when Court's decision will be due?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.15 11:13

But it never was a libel case.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.10.15 11:18

The fact that the Mccanns have now courted publicity, currently on Sky news, about blocking the Needham account
is surely proof enough that they are panicking.
We had predicted another sighting
We were wrong.
There are no depths to which they will not sink to keep the Media from reporting the truth about the trial

And as someone has just observed, they always claim they do not "Do" twitter or FB. Another lie ?
Or they personally do not "do' twitter or FB, but they have a fully paid up team who do ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.15 11:32

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:But it never was a libel case.
Of course it is now, and always was, a libel case.

The whole basis of the current claim is that parts of Goncalo Amaral's book were untrue, and that his conclusion (Madeleine died by an accident and the parents hid her body) was also untrue  - and that therefore Amaral damaged the McCanns' reputation, and therefore libelled them, and harmed the search for Madeleine etc. etc. - and that therefore the McCanns are entitled to compensation by way of damages.     

The newspapers and media are quite correct in describing this whole case as 'a libel case'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.10.15 12:49

Tony Bennett wrote:

The whole basis of the current claim is that parts of Goncalo Amaral's book were untrue, and that his conclusion (Madeleine died by an accident and the parents hid her body) was also untrue  - and that therefore Amaral damaged the McCanns' reputation, and therefore libelled them, and harmed the search for Madeleine etc. etc. - and that therefore the McCanns are entitled to compensation by way of damages.     

The newspapers and media are quite correct in describing this whole case as 'a libel case'
I agree the case has always been a libel case, what else could it be? No libel, no damages, IMO.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.10.15 14:16

Fury and exasperation - I imagine that's how a very, very large number of the population felt when they were told that all of those children had been left to look after themselves in strange, dark and foreign surroundings back in 2007.

I do not recall hearing any interview by any of them where they say they have been furious and exasperated with THEMSELVES for allowing it to happen.

If they have at any time done so, would some kind person please post the interview for me to see.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.10.15 16:33

A friend of the couple admitted they were “exasperated” by the appeal and the source of its funding.

The pal said: “Some of the people who have donated money to this have said the most appalling things on the internet even though they know nothing about the case and have no direct involvement in it.
----------------------------------------------------------
"people.....on the internet even though they know NOTHING about the case"?

I'd say, money 'donated' by 'people' who do 'KNOW' that the McCanns, diliberately, consciously, willingly and knowingly left their apartment unlocked, unsecured, leaving their THREE children, all under 4 years of age, inside, whilst they 'dined' with their 'friends' out of sight and earshot, of those THREE children.! And not 'checking' on the children for 34 minutes, in GM's case and 1 HOUR 30 minutes in KM's case. The 'people' KNOW 'that' about the 'case'.!

And the 'people' KNOW that KM lied to JC, in Liverpool, at 3am, 4th May 2007, 5 HOURS after the 'disappearance', by saying to him that 'the shutter of the childrens room, was smashed'  Which was, of course, totally UNTRUE! The very same 'smashed' shutter that GM 'raised and lowered' and was 'surprised' how 'easily' the shutter was to 'raise and lower'! Yet, surprisingly, GM never, ever, mentioned the 'damage' to the 'smashed' shutter, his wife was adamant about!

The 'people' who 'donated' to GA Lawyer's appeal 'fund'.

That'll be a group, of 'nasty, appalling, trolls', of serving Metropolitan Police Service officers, who 'donated' £1,000 to GA's Lawyers 'appeal' fund, then!

(some, of whom, may well have been 'seconded' to 'work at' OG, at some time, over the last 4 years 5 months. (or 'know' what the MO is at OG))

( Serving MET Police Officers'totally embarrassed' by an 'ongoing, £15 miilion, unlimited, for ever, taxpayer funded, 'cover up'? To the very top of the MET, re: Hillsborough/South Y 'police' (25 YEARS!) ( a 'given' i'd say, on 'that') and unquestioning/incurious 'politicians')
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 06.10.15 18:15

It is not a "NEW" libel case, it is an appeal.  Pity the headline does not reflect this fact. It is Snr Amaral's legal right to appeal.  The McCanns need to understand the law works for both parties, before embarking on any further court appearances.

Good luck to Snr  Amaral, those of us who have contributed to the fund have contributed to an open and honest appeal for money, for a well deserved cause.  I don't believe the same can be said of those who contributed to the limited company over the years.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.10.15 19:12

sami wrote:It is not a "NEW" libel case, it is an appeal.  Pity the headline does not reflect this fact. It is Snr Amaral's legal right to appeal.  The McCanns need to understand the law works for both parties, before embarking on any further court appearances.

Good luck to Snr  Amaral, those of us who have contributed to the fund have contributed to an open and honest appeal for money, for a well deserved cause.  I don't believe the same can be said of those who contributed to the limited company over the years.

Exactly. Very pathetic Jerry Lawton can't pay attention to quality of his work.
His article can be written off if he can't even get the basic right.
The appeal is already in the consideration process with no date indication of Judges' decision.

Dr. Amaral didn't set up the Fund. People sympathetic to his plight did it for him.
Unlike the Mcs who themselves set up a "fighting fund" later changed to Find Madeleine Fund while simultaneously begged for donations to be stuffed into envelopes, marked to Rothley, as if they already knew she isn't going to be found in that interim period they set the fund in motion.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest12345 07.10.15 10:35

The media write things in certain ways to promote controversy, get people wound up, get people talking, challenging things and ultimately buying/promoting their media outlet.

It never ceases to amaze me how people (including myself at times) read into such articles in great detail, analyzing written or spoken words individually and the context they have been displayed in, to speculate, theorize etc.

I admit, i have spent time doing the same thing, in particular with this case and it usually just leads to frustration.

Nowadays, i just tell myself "it's media waffle to sell papers" and ignore the minute detail, as ultimately it has been written by some weak journalist who has no experience of the case, not much journalistic skills and is working off scraps of notes they have been handed.

Newspapers = chip paper
guest12345

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 07.10.15 10:55

guest12345 wrote:The media write things in certain ways to promote controversy, get people wound up, get people talking, challenging things and ultimately buying/promoting their media outlet.

It never ceases to amaze me how people (including myself at times) read into such articles in great detail, analyzing written or spoken words individually and the context they have been displayed in, to speculate, theorize etc.

I admit, i have spent time doing the same thing, in particular with this case and it usually just leads to frustration.

Nowadays, i just tell myself "it's media waffle to sell papers" and ignore the minute detail, as ultimately it has been written by some weak journalist who has no experience of the case, not much journalistic skills and is working off scraps of notes they have been handed.

Newspapers = chip paper
Trouble is that "media waffle" enabled the McCanns to net a fortune to protect themselves and to destroy Goncalo Amaral, a policeman just doing his job!  Printing the facts would have ensured many gullible donators kept their money firmly in their pockets (imo), and we would be seeing a more level and just outcome to the catastrophe the McCanns created, and the devastation they left in their wake.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.10.15 17:14

It's funny how tabloids always headlined them 'fury' when things don't go their way.

They must be able to smell kate's boiled blood.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 07.10.15 23:40

jeanmonroe wrote:A friend of the couple admitted they were “exasperated” by the appeal and the source of its funding.

The pal said: “Some of the people who have donated money to this have said the most appalling things on the internet even though they know nothing about the case and have no direct involvement in it.
----------------------------------------------------------
  But I thought Clarence Mitchell was employed to tell us all about the case...what on earth are they saying about the work of their media expert?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by guest12345 08.10.15 10:13

pennylane wrote:
guest12345 wrote:The media write things in certain ways to promote controversy, get people wound up, get people talking, challenging things and ultimately buying/promoting their media outlet.

Newspapers = chip paper
Trouble is that "media waffle" enabled the McCanns to net a fortune to protect themselves and to destroy Goncalo Amaral, a policeman just doing his job!  Printing the facts would have ensured many gullible donators kept their money firmly in their pockets (imo), and we would be seeing a more level and just outcome to the catastrophe the McCanns created, and the devastation they left in their wake.

Yes, they have used negative press to both obtain money through court cases, whilst boosting publicity further. Then used the press to promote stories, books and more controversy which in tern leads to more donations and yet more publicity.

This is why they have Clarence, it's his job, unfortunately.
guest12345

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 08.10.15 11:35

guest12345 wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Newspapers = chip paper

Yes, they have used negative press to both obtain money through court cases, whilst boosting publicity further. Then used the press to promote stories, books and more controversy which in tern leads to more donations and yet more publicity.

This is why they have Clarence, it's his job, unfortunately.
I agree, and Clarence Mitchell did his job to the best of his very sleazy ability!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 09.10.15 10:16

Tony Bennett wrote:

Apologies Tony, I was being a bit flipant & ironic. My opinion being the Mcs sole purpose of their court case was to bankrupt Dr Amaral & suppress the truth.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.10.15 20:36

Doesn't Add Up

Much of what we know of this case, doesn't add up, not least the police witness statements given by Gerry McCann, Kate McCann, David Payne, Fiona Payne, Matthew Oldfield, Rachael Oldfield, Russell O'Brien, Jane Tanner and Dianne Webster. 

Any police authority, hoping to solve this case, reading the statements must have thought all their Christmases had come at once.  A bunch of witness statements that would have any detective worth their salt eager to unravel the many inconsistencies, discover the reasons why the untruths.  The answers handed to them on a plate, just in a mixed up order!  

Over past eight years since we first heard the name Madeleine McCann her parents have without fail, and just prior to any Court action they initiated, or any anniversary of the disappearance of this little girl, any road run, or event planned by them, or indeed any visit to Portugal by the Metropolitan Police, arranged with Clarence Mitchell to flood the headlines with stories of sightings of Madeleine, he also arranged for them, appearances on gossip style shows like that hosted by Lorraine Kelly and other TV presenters.  That is what guy is paid to do.  (Admittedly since Met arrived on scene the sighting have been thin on the ground but they filled the column inches and air time with other nonsense)

The McCanns refer to Madeleine as an alive and findable little girl, and to find her they need YOUR cash, so they tell us. 

It is very important to the Madeleine Fund that Madeleine be thought of as alive and findable! 

Last week it was thought there would be an appeal hearing in the case brought against Dr Amaral by the McCanns.   The McCanns stand to lose a considerable amount of money if this appeal is not decided in their favour.   They already have a huge legal bill to meet in this regard,a bill they must pay, win or lose.

The McCanns/Mitchell flooded the press with stories of how they NEED THAT CASH - for Madeleine of course - for a search for her.   That is, a FUTURE SEARCH.   A search they will begin when the Metropolitan Police, or perhaps both police authorities, UK and Portugal wind up the case, close it, shelve it whatever you wish to call it.

Their message was, to not donate to Dr Amaral's Fund (a fund set up to assist him with legal fees as the McCanns had his assets frozen, leaving him without the financial means to defend himself against their action,  The Fund for Dr Amaral has been hugely successful, much to the annoyance of the McCanns)  If you donate they said, then you are are lessening their chances of winning, lessening their chances of getting their hands on Dr Amaral's money.  Money which they NEED FOR MADELEINE, A SEARCH FOR HER.  Indeed!   It's not to pay any legal fees they, the McCann  have incurred.  No siree, don't even think that way, it is ALL for Madeleine, EVERY PENNY.  In fact on their Website they have posted a statement declaring that their action against Dr Amaral WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY.   THEY WANTED TO EMPHASISE THAT.  

So why now are they the McCanns, Mitchell, and their family sources speaking out in the press saying they need that money for Madeleine and their search, a search which thus far has been more mysterious than the disappearance of the child!

Shortly after the Metropolitan Police got involved in this case, the McCanns stopped their private search (and a very private search it was, no one quite knows how or where they searched - as Mitchell always said when it suited him - 'we won't be discussing our private investigation.  Yip all the public needed to know is that their money was being put to a search, just to trust this snake in the grass ) they posted on the Find Madeleine Site a message informing the public that for them to continue it may cause problems for the Met if information was to cross over, be lost.  Best they just stop searching for Madeleine (sit on whatever cash was in their Fund at that time, keep it warm)   That was over 4 years ago.

One would have to assume that that same money is STILL where it was at the time they announced that they would not be spending in the way which they had been on their previous private search.   And IF the ever generous public had made any further donations in this 4 year period, or any monies added to the pot from any other source during this period of NON SEARCHING, then the Fund for Madeleine must be looking pretty darn healthy.   Well at least as healthy as when they ceased searching!

One of the things that to me doesn't add up, is that the McCanns, throughout the Metropolitan Police involvement in this case, they have continually stated that they have EVERY CONFIDENCE in the Mets investigation.

But the stories in the press tell us, or me at least, differently.

Saying they need Dr Amaral's money to search for Madeleine when the Met Investigation is over, tells me that they do not expect it to be solved, that their alive and findable little girl is NOT going to be found.

It tells me that they DO NOT HAVE EVERY CONFIDENCE in the METROPOLITAN POLICE.  Unless of course they are confident the Met will not solve it, but simply wrap it up, and they can continue on their way asking the public for more cash!

Surely not!

There was a mix up, confusion over the date at which the appeal hearing would be decided, one can see how such a mistake could have been made, the gist of which is that the date it was thought to take place, 7th October was wrong, or that is my understanding.  But what DOESN'T ADD UP then, is the timing of the stories in the press by Mitchell/McCanns their family sources, their 'poor us, we are frustrated, exasperated, furious' at Dr Amaral receiving donations. Don't donate to help him with his appeal.  We need to win, get our hands on his cash for Madeleine' type stories.

How could they the McCanns get the timing/date SO WRONG?

Never known that to happen before!

How could the McCanns/Mitchell, their flurry of stories about needing that cash, their timing be so wrong?

Could they be so out of touch?  Their legal team so out of touch?

I wouldn't think so!

Put simply - Doesn't add up.

The stories about their twitter account closing, well that I can see.  It was the anniversary of Brenda Leyland's death, and for them to produce another tale in the same vein about persons online affecting their search for Madeleine kinda par for the course.  Look here we are still victims.

But those stories about needing Dr Amaral's money, and of how his Fund, providing him, his right to a legal defence were troublesome to them, were getting in the way of them getting their hands on his cash -for those stories to have the affect they the McCanns desired, the impact they desired, to be of benefit to them, those tales really required releasing, as is their usual way - just prior to, in this instance, - the appeal hearing.

How could they be so out in their timing?

Doesn't add up.

Or could it be they thought they'd get in EARLY with their 'poor me' stories, stem the flow of monies to assist Dr Amaral?

Can we expect a re-run, another flurry of same type stories prior to whatever is the date of this appeal, or is something else bubbling...

l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com
13th October 2015

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by woodbine 14.10.15 10:13

I can imagine any stories will be aimed at discrediting GA, in order to overshadow any victory he might have.

"Disgraced former detective bullies small children in local town". "Evidence also of him kicking cute furry animals as he wins his vindictive case against the the parents of missing child, backed by web trolls".
woodbine

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.10.15 11:33

Woodbine wrote:

"Evidence also of him kicking cute furry animals as he wins his vindictive case against the the parents of missing child, backed by web trolls".
--------------------------

I wrote:

"Evidence also of him kicking cute furry animals as he wins his vindictive case against the the parents of missing child, backed by SERVING Metropolitan Police Officers, to the 'tune' of £1,000, disgusted at the 'treatment' against a former PJ SIO, who was just 'doing his JOB'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by woodbine 14.10.15 14:36

jeanmonroe wrote:Woodbine wrote:

"Evidence also of him kicking cute furry animals as he wins his vindictive case against the the parents of missing child, backed by web trolls".
--------------------------

I wrote:

"Evidence also of him kicking cute furry animals as he wins his vindictive case against the the parents of missing child, backed by SERVING Metropolitan Police Officers, to the 'tune' of £1,000, disgusted at the 'treatment' against a former PJ SIO, who was just 'doing his JOB'

I doubt msm would print that
woodbine

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 14.10.15 19:37

Snipped, when does Madeleine become more than a little girl,  as she was in May 2007, she would be approaching her teens were she still alive so  not a 'little girl'

that their alive and findable little girl 

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top