The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 1 Mm11

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 1 Mm11

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 1 Regist10

Help! TV company has contacted me

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 1 Empty Re: Help! TV company has contacted me

Post by Constablekid 26.09.15 9:13

A mutual friend gave them my email.
Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 1 Empty Re: Help! TV company has contacted me

Post by Constablekid 26.09.15 9:24

I'll ask if he minds me putting his email address on here then you can all send your answers to the questions if you want, because I agree, I'm not as qualified as most on here. I just happen to have a connection.

I can't vouch for the production company though so don't blame me if they twist your words!
Constablekid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.09.15 9:29

Constablekid wrote:I'll ask if he minds me putting his email address on here then you can all send your answers to the questions if you want, because I agree, I'm not as qualified as most on here. I just happen to have a connection.

I can't vouch for the production company though so don't blame me if they twist your words!
Will you keep us informed of any progess please?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 26.09.15 9:35

Wow ConstableKid, amazing that the company contacted you for any new angles on the case. 

As Tony has mentioned R. Hall's vid. why not send them a link and let them decide whether they can use any of the info. from that?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Constablekid 26.09.15 9:38

Yes will keep you all informed. I've replied to them asking some questions, including those you guys have asked on here. I'll let you know what they reply.

I'll ask them if they know of Richard Hall as well.
Constablekid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.09.15 9:40

Constablekid wrote:I'll ask if he minds me putting his email address on here
I think he'll say no to that one! Just think of all the people who might e-mail him!

Every documentary-maker has an agenda, a message to get across - and that will be agreed in advanced with whoever has commissioned this.

It is not remotely possible that this documentary will present the viewing public with a shred of credible evidence that the McCanns' abduction story is anything but the Gospel truth.

Did BBC Crimewatch and the Met Police on 14 October 2013 even mention - still less show - arguably the single most important evidence in the whole case? - Martin Grime's statement and film of his dogs alerting in 17 places connected with the McCanns in Praia da Luz?

No

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 26.09.15 9:46

BBC Crime Watch prog was not even shown in Portugal, the place from where Maddie disappeared - I would have thought that it would have been sensible to ask the people of Portugal if they had seen anything suspicious on that night - not the UK and German populations.   What on earth was that all about?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 26.09.15 9:47

I saw this thread late last night, and I was puzzled. Just as it's already been pointed out, why would a TV company contact someone who has only posted a few posts? Moreover, why would a "mutual friend" give a company your email address? I would have thought that your mutual friend would have discussed it with you first. Only then could I understand you asking forum members what their views were on taking part in the programme.

Can you post a copy of the email? Not the private information, such as email address, or any personal information, but the basics?

If someone gave MY details to a company or any other person/organisation without my permission, I wouldn't be too pleased, to say the least.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 26.09.15 10:37

I smell danger or rats. shark
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.09.15 10:47

HelenMeg wrote:I smell danger or rats. shark
But it is also an opportunity - however modest. At the very least, the editors of the film company will (hopefully) learn of some facts they were not previously aware of - and watch Richard Hall's documentary before making their own

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy 26.09.15 11:18

hi Constablekid....i would tread very carefully  in what you say or reply to this person

imo.... he will find everything he could possibly want on below link

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Many people have been following this case in the British media but don't know the other side of the story from the Portuguese point of view. I have tried to collect as much information as possible for those who are only just starting to realise there is more to this case than is being told in the British media.
garfy

Activity : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.09.15 11:49

Constablekid wrote:Hey all,

I've been contacted by a TV company. They have emailed me a bunch of questions about the madeleine mccann case and about what it's like to be a web sleuth, how I communicate with others online who follow the case etc. They also want me to recommend other people to speak to.

What should I do?

Sorry, I put this in the members lounge also but now realise that may have been the wrong place for this message, so admins, feel free to delete that one.

Thanks.
Can't believe I'm reading this - are you for real?  I'm amazed that you need to ask advice from forum members.  If this be true I suggest someone is pulling your plonker or you're being set up - loading the gun for you to fire...

This is akin to commissioning a free lance fringe journalist to produce a documentary on the case of a missing child, during an active investigation.

Beware, here there be dragons.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbitte 26.09.15 11:50

I've been contacted by a TV company. They have emailed me a bunch of questions about the madeleine mccann case and about what it's like to be a web sleuth, how I communicate with others online who follow the case etc. They also want me to recommend other people to speak to.

What should I do?

Sorry, I put this in the members lounge also but now realise that may have been the wrong place for this message, so admins, feel free to delete that one.

Thanks.

Hello Constablekid,

The bit in your above post which worries me is the bit seemingly tagged on to their interest in the McCann case, namely 'what it's like to be a web sleuth, how I communicate with others online who follow the case etc. They also want me to recommend other people to speak to.'

I hesitate to tar all with the same brush but it reminds me of a certain somebody's appeal not so long ago, saying it would be an opportunity for a McCann sceptic to put across facts of the case in The Sun newspaper but it turned out to be a stitch up.

As previous posters have pointed out, the info is out there to find and any TV researcher worth their salt could have their eyes opened to the facts of the case very quickly by looking in the right places. I very much doubt this is a programme about the details to any particular cases, let alone the McCann case in particular. Context is everything, and things portrayed out of context (ie. the valuable work of web researchers who are called anything from antis to trolls and a lot worse besides) can be very damaging. The tragic story of Brenda Leyland stands testament to that.
People can't tread carefully enough when dealing with the media.
Rabbitte

Activity : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 26.09.15 12:28

Hmmmm.

thinking

8 With less money in the police budget, do you find detectives are turning to web sleuths in order to gain new info they may have missed?
-----------------------------

One 'investigation' that will NEVER 'subject' to LESS 'money' as we have been told recently, is Operation Grange!
----------------------------
'do you find detectives are turning to web sleuths in order to gain new info they may have missed?'
-------------------------------------------------
How could 38 FULL TIME 'detectives' (and police 'staff') have 'missed' ANYTHING 'related' to the McCann child 'disappearance'?

They've been 'investigating', FULL TIME, the 'case' for OVER FOUR YEARS and FOUR MONTHS!

(and will be 'at it' AGAIN on Monday!)

They have the PJ 'files'

They have the 'inconsistant' and 'discrepancy' RIDDLED T7 and JW 'statements'

They have all the 'video's, interviews, 'books' etc.,' 'related' to Madeleine's 'disappearance'.

Now, if you had been 'asked' (Q8) about 'files, 'information' e-mails etc'., that OG 'detectives' have 'received' from web 'sleuths', not 'missed', but totally 'IGNORED' ('nutter's' box!) then, and only then, might it be 'worth' a 'contact' with the 'tv' people.

I 'smell' a rat!

'this 'person' is OBSESSED, with 'damaging' two 'decent' people and their 'kids'

(who 'knows' where, and in whose 'hands', 'other' peoples e-mail 'addys' might end up? Pro Mccann 'supporters'? 'Trolls' (pro McCann) threatening people, ala BL?)

Having said that you 'could' point out to the 'tv' people these two little 'gems' from D Payne in his 'signed sworn', Leicestershire Police 'statement', Friday 11th April, 2008.

Interviewing Officer(s) DC 1485 MESSIAH , 1485 "Is there anything that you consider pertinent or relevant to establish the material truth'' (about a three years old child's 'disappearance')

D Payne reply "Err the, there ARE A FEW THINGS but I don't think this is the right forum for bringing those up.'

AND

D Payne: 'and if I was to say that she was carrying the child you know like this, rather than like, like that then, you know because again this is something that we've talked about, you know, if she was abducted, you know,.......'

'IF' she (Madeleine) was 'abducted'?

'IF i was to say that SHE was carrying the 'child' you know like this............'

WHO is the 'SHE' D Payne 'refers' to?

Perhaps you'd 'like' to tell the 'tv' people about the 'above'

THEY'VE 'seemed' to have 'missed' this 'info' strangely, which is ALL 'on record'

My 'advice' to you is to 'record, record, record' EVERYTHING in your possible 'dealings' with 'tv' people!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 26.09.15 12:36

October Films make documentaries of people that are being stalked, so I too would be very very wary of their motives.  It may not have been commissioned by anyone, just themselves making one more documentary about obsessive stalkers.
Richard IV
Richard IV

Activity : 825

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.09.15 21:28

What should I do?

Thanks.
=====

How about: NO COMMENT ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat 27.09.15 0:07

I smell a very large rat!!!

beware

Anyway - no documentaries are allowed to be shown unless they support the Tapas 9 - Clarence Mitchell and Carter Ruck will see to that!
deafoldbat
deafoldbat

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy 27.09.15 10:52

deafoldbat wrote:I smell a very large rat!!!

beware

Anyway - no documentaries are allowed to be shown unless they support the Tapas 9 - Clarence Mitchell and Carter Ruck will see to that!

oh yesssss not forgetting the mccs ....u are spot on

they will also have a shed load of emails addresses and comments probably  defamatory to the mccs
garfy

Activity : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.09.15 12:48

Constablekid wrote:Thanks very much Tony, that's very helpful. I'll probably reply to them tomorrow.

It's October Films. Here is what they emailed me:

There are some questions below. Feel free to write as much as you want. Also, if you happen to know of anyone else who knows a lot about this case (or any other unsolved mystery) who might be worth getting in touch with, please let me know. The more people I talk to, the better.

Questions:

1 You’ve done a lot of research on the Madeleine McCann case - why this case? What is it about the case that’s got you so interested?

2 How long have you been researching the case and how much time would you say you’ve spent on it?

3 Where do you go to research the case? What are you resources?

4 What are some interesting things you’ve noticed about the case that most people might not be aware of or that you think should be a bigger focus in the investigation?

5 What conclusions have you drawn about the case as to Madeleine’s fate?

6 Can you tell us about the community of people online who do what you do? Are you all in contact with each doing and do you swap notes?

7 Have there been any major breakthroughs/developments in the case recently? What was the last big development that brought a new angle to the case?

8 With less money in the police budget, do you find detectives are turning to web sleuths in order to gain new info they may have missed?
May I suggest you publish said email in full please with the name of contact from October Films.

Thanks in advance.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam S 28.09.15 7:53

It's as plain as a pikestaff that this is a set-up, designed to make the "haters" look like nutjobs and weirdos. Enter this at your own risk. Seems people have not learned their lesson. All press, or police questions for that matter, should be answered with "no comment". You will not get a fair shake. End of.
Sam S
Sam S

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by guest12345 28.09.15 9:26

Sam S wrote:It's as plain as a pikestaff that this is a set-up, designed to make the "haters" look like nutjobs and weirdos. Enter this at your own risk. Seems people have not learned their lesson. All press, or police questions for that matter, should be answered with "no comment". You will not get a fair shake. End of.
^^ This.

The parents are lawyered up to the hilt so no-one, not event the large media outlets, will publish anything against them until there is clear evidence and/or official statements of such from OG.

With that in mind, the only documentaries that anyone can safely produce (in a lame attempt to boost their production companies/careers by piggybacking off the popularity of the case) is to offer a bit of "there are lots that think that something is not as it seems..." then make anyone internet based look like a troll, offer a hint of sympathy for the parents then end the show with "to this day, we still don't know the truth...." to line themselves up for their next one.

Avoid. 

The only people benefiting out of this production is the production company and possible the McCanns.
guest12345

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.15 10:35

Sam S wrote:It's as plain as a pikestaff that this is a set-up, designed to make the "haters" look like nutjobs and weirdos. Enter this at your own risk. Seems people have not learned their lesson. All press, or police questions for that matter, should be answered with "no comment". You will not get a fair shake. End of.
========

agree

A fishing expedition if ever there was one
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 28.09.15 11:12

As fragrant as rotting sea bass........
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.15 11:34

Surprised Constablekid didn't look right through them & declined gracing them with any comment

Doesn't everyone see immediately, that answering any of this 'Octobers' questions could easily lay them open to charges of libelling?

And why for heavens sake would anyone even consider advertising other members names to any outsider?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.09.15 13:13

Portia wrote:Surprised Constablekid didn't look right through them & declined gracing them with any comment

Doesn't everyone see immediately, that answering any of this 'Octobers' questions could easily lay them open to charges of libelling?

And why for heavens sake would anyone even consider advertising other members names to any outsider?

"Forthright" and 'sensible', as ever, Portia.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now,

'The' Questions:

1 You’ve done a lot of research on the Madeleine McCann case - why this case? What is it about the case that’s got you so interested?

Because this 'case' is not NORMAL, and never has been normal, since the day Madeleine 'disappeared'. 'So interested' in this 'case'? Erm, JUSTICE for a diliberately and consciously LEFT ALONE defenceless three years old child!

2 How long have you been researching the case and how much time would you say you’ve spent on it?

Since the morning of the 4th May 2007. When i 'found' out that the parents of the 'missing' child had 'lied' about 'smashed, jemmied, shutters' which was totally UNTRUE! 'Quite a 'while'!

3 Where do you go to research the case? What are you resources?

ANYWHERE!. Videos, interviews, books, etc., given, or written by the 'parents' of Madeleine.

4 What are some interesting things you’ve noticed about the case that most people might not be aware of or that you think should be a bigger focus in the investigation?

The complete 'disregard' of any adversarial 'evidence' unfavourable to the McCann's, by any LE 'agency' in the UK. (BIGGER FOCUS) The Tapas 7 and JW's 'signed , sworn, statements' given to Leicestershire Police.

5 What conclusions have you drawn about the case as to Madeleine’s fate?

AH! the 'big one'! Didn't Mr G Amaral draw his 'conclusion' about Madeleine's 'fate'? And didn't the McCann's try to 'destroy' him for stating his 'conclusions'? I'm pretty sure you'd 'like' me to state my 'conclusions' (about Madeleine's 'fate') and see the Mccann's try to 'destroy' me! (libel)

6 Can you tell us about the community of people online who do what you do? Are you all in contact with each doing and do you swap notes?

You can join CMOMM for 'free'. We are NOT 'trolls' that 'swap' notes!

7 Have there been any major breakthroughs/developments in the case recently? What was the last big development that brought a new angle to the case?

DCI Wall. No 'developement, really, just same old, same old, RIGID 'adherence' to OG 'remit' ('the abduction') of which there is not a scintilla of 'evidence' that an 'abduction' ever took place. ONLY, ONLY, the 'missing' child's 'parents', the very last, admitted, to have 'seen' the 'missing' child, 'say so'

OG is 'funded' by HO. After Home Secretary, Theresa 'Will', was erm, 'persuaded' by RB to fund, with unlimited taxpayer 'funds', 'FOREVER', an 'investigation' into a 'single' 'missing' child case'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top