The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Merkel orders Cameron to support plans for EU ARMY in exchange for EU negotiation talks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merkel orders Cameron to support plans for EU ARMY in exchange for EU negotiation talks

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 14.09.15 15:44

The Prime Minister is to be told that Germany would support his bid to renegotiate the terms of Britain’s EU membership if he accepts moves to create a European military force.

Critics fear the development could marginalise Britain within Nato and further undermine the “special relationship” with America.

Robert Oxley, of the Eurosceptic pressure group Business for Britain, said: “This is further proof that inevitable EU integration means that the UK will lose control of its destiny and, possibly, its military strength inside an unreformed EU.

“What was once a zone designed for free trade has become a political, economic and potentially a military body.”

Tory MP Tom Pursglove said: “The British people have no desire for an EU army. We are immensely proud of our Armed Forces and owe all those who serve an enormous debt of gratitude.

“The impact of this would also be disastrous. Once again, the EU elite is out of step and at odds with the British people.”

Mrs Merkel has been one of Mr Cameron’s closest allies in his attempt to overhaul the way the EU functions.

She is understood to be enthusiastic about plans championed by European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker for closer military cooperation on the continent.

It is understood that Britain would not be expected to join the EU force.
Mr Cameron has resisted plans for a Brussels-led military force because of the possible impact on Nato.
But a Berlin government source suggested the Prime Minister would have to reassess his position to retain Mrs Merkel’s backing for his EU reform plan.

“If Cameron wants a ‘flexible Europe’, he must let other members integrate further. Yes – opt out and then shut up,” the source said.

It emerged yesterday that policy officials in Mrs Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union party had drawn up a 10-point plan for EU military cooperation.

The document calls for a permanent headquarters, joint procurement of equipment and a shared doctrine.

The document said: “In the long run, this process should, according to the present German coalition agreement, lead also to a European army subject to parliament control.”

The paper also suggested that in the framework of Nato, a uniform European pillar would be more valuable and efficient for America than the present disorganisation, characterised by a lack of planning and procurement.

Tory MEP Geoffrey Van Orden, a retired British Army brigadier, said: “I don’t accept that we should have to pay this price. We should not trade away something so strategically important for some minor concessions in terms of reform.”

European federalists have dreamed of a united European army for more than 60 years.

But successive British governments have resisted the notion. At the General Election earlier this year, the Tory manifesto pledged to oppose notions such as an EU army.

A Government spokesman said: “The British public are clear that they are not happy with the status quo, and the PM is determined to address those concerns.”

A senior source added: “This is just yet more of the noise and speculation that we said there would be during the negotiations.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/604964/David-Cameron-under-fire-EU-army-stance

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Merkel orders Cameron to support plans for EU ARMY in exchange for EU negotiation talks

Post by BlueBag on 14.09.15 16:09

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:What was once a zone designed for free trade has become a political, economic and potentially a military body.”
It was never that.

It was a stalking horse for a United States of Europe and we were lied to all the way along.

I will vote for exit.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merkel orders Cameron to support plans for EU ARMY in exchange for EU negotiation talks

Post by Richard IV on 14.09.15 16:38

@BlueBag wrote:
@Get'emGonçalo wrote:What was once a zone designed for free trade has become a political, economic and potentially a military body.”
It was never that.

It was a stalking horse for a United States of Europe and we were lied to all the way along.

I will vote for exit.
So do I and so does Jezza.

In fact I wish the whole kaboodle would go back to separate countries. Small is more easily governable and alliances can be made out of choice rather than Brussels demanding it.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.09.15 17:16

Brussels-led Military Force, in other words EU Army, for what purpose and for whose benefit?

Which country do they have to pledge allegiance to? And in time of war between EU countries, which country are they supposed to be loyal to? Their own mother country or a United States of Europe?  Just what does it entail to be an EU Army.  So many questions.

Cameron's cabinet will not agree to it I foresee.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 16.09.15 23:38

I thought that was a foregone conclusion and halfway to fruition anyway. The UK hardly has a defence force any longer. What Island nation runs its navy into the ground?

Isn't it obvious that the EU vampire wants to abolish independent sovereignty and no doubt borders?  I believe the longterm goal is a superstate run by Brussels. Didn't the Lisbon treaty all but put an end to national independence for its members? 

I wouldn't be surprised if this latest refugee 'crisis' is part of the plan. I do not wish to sound unfeeling.  I have every sympathy for genuine refugees escaping war and oppression and seeing as Britain, as part of an allied force are responsible then we need to take responsibility for the fallout.

But I have to ask why the sudden influx now? And an infux of seemingly fit healthy young men looking very clean and tidy considering the supposed arduous journey they have undertaken. Syria has been in a state of civil war for 4 years. Libya I believe was decimated even earlier. So why are they on the move to Europe now?

I'm convinced it is engineered . Not how Hungary and Orban are being vilified.  Is it just coincidence that he is the only European leader to stand up to the tyrannical EU machine? The media by now must be well aware of the truth behind the tragic drowning of the little Syrian boy yet they persist with the 'escaping the horrors of war' theme.

snook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum