The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

Post by Dutchgirl on 25.08.15 18:43

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/colin-fry-dead-tv-psychics-6316224


Colin Fry Colin Fry has passed away aged 53, leaving behind him a legacy of work as a TV medium.
The tragic news was confirmed on his official website as the psychic lost his battle with terminal lung cancer.
A statement read: "It is with much sadness and regret to announce that the Reverend Colin Fry, Britain’s most loved and respected Spiritualist Medium, lost his fight against cancer and passed away peacefully in hospital in the early hours at 2:50am this morning.
"Colin brought a lot of comfort to his audiences in a career which spanned for more than 30 years. Our sympathies and condolences go out to Colin’s family and friends."

Video loading




Did you ever meet Colin Fry? Share your memories of him below
A spiritualist medium of 35 years, the Reverend Colin Fry became a professional aged 17, eventually making the jump to TV in 2002 whilst still appearing live.
That year, he began hosting his first TV show 6th Sense, before moving on to appear on Most Haunted the following year.
Fellow medium Derek Acorah - who appeared on the show between 2001 and 2005 - had paid tribute to Fry following his death.


He tweeted: "It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of my dear friend Colin Fry. Condolences to his family and friends."
In 2006 and 2007, he was back on TV with Psychic Privates Eyes, which ran for 15 episodes.


REX
Colin Fry chats about his TV show Psychic Private Eyes in 2006

The year the show ended, Fry became involved in the search for Madeleine McCann, as her father Gerry's sister contacted him for help.
Philomena said at the time: "At the start of the campaign to find Madeleine, Gerry said that no stone would be left unturned when looking for her.
"Seeing a psychic is just part of turning more stones. Gerry is not particularly receptive to psychics - but he's prepared to give it a go."


Getty
Kate McCann and her husband Gerry McCann

Since then, he has expanded his show Colin Fry Live, adding to his intense schedule of 130-160 theatres worldwide.
In 2011, he added more regional dates to make it easier for those outside big cities - and the following year year saw him release his autobiography The Happy Medium.

Dutchgirl

Posts : 117
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

Post by tinkier on 25.08.15 20:06

@Dutchgirl wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/colin-fry-dead-tv-psychics-6316224


Colin Fry Colin Fry has passed away aged 53, leaving behind him a legacy of work as a TV medium.
The tragic news was confirmed on his official website as the psychic lost his battle with terminal lung cancer.
A statement read: "It is with much sadness and regret to announce that the Reverend Colin Fry, Britain’s most loved and respected Spiritualist Medium, lost his fight against cancer and passed away peacefully in hospital in the early hours at 2:50am this morning.
"Colin brought a lot of comfort to his audiences in a career which spanned for more than 30 years. Our sympathies and condolences go out to Colin’s family and friends."

 Video loading    




Did you ever meet Colin Fry? Share your memories of him below
A spiritualist medium of 35 years, the Reverend Colin Fry became a professional aged 17, eventually making the jump to TV in 2002 whilst still appearing live.
That year, he began hosting his first TV show 6th Sense, before moving on to appear on Most Haunted the following year.
Fellow medium Derek Acorah - who appeared on the show between 2001 and 2005 - had paid tribute to Fry following his death.


He tweeted: "It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of my dear friend Colin Fry. Condolences to his family and friends."
In 2006 and 2007, he was back on TV with Psychic Privates Eyes, which ran for 15 episodes.


REX
Colin Fry chats about his TV show Psychic Private Eyes in 2006

The year the show ended, Fry became involved in the search for Madeleine McCann, as her father Gerry's sister contacted him for help.
Philomena said at the time: "At the start of the campaign to find Madeleine, Gerry said that no stone would be left unturned when looking for her.
"Seeing a psychic is just part of turning more stones. Gerry is not particularly receptive to psychics - but he's prepared to give it a go."


Getty
Kate McCann and her husband Gerry McCann

Since then, he has expanded his show Colin Fry Live, adding to his intense schedule of 130-160 theatres worldwide.
In 2011, he added more regional dates to make it easier for those outside big cities - and the following year year saw him release his autobiography The Happy Medium.
I'm very sorry to hear about Colin's passing, i did watch his show 6th sense often, he was very highly thought of. I wasn't aware he was now a reverend though, maybe fairly recent'

That bottom picture of Mrs M would certainly keep the mice away…scary!

tinkier

Posts : 197
Reputation : 131
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

Post by BlueBag on 27.08.15 7:10

I know he's dead... but this man made money from exploiting people's grief.

He was caught faking a seance early on in his career.

P.T. Barnum springs to mind.

Amazingly ectoplasm seems to have gone out of fashion these days.


BlueBag

Posts : 3432
Reputation : 1275
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

Post by tinkier on 27.08.15 23:19

@BlueBag wrote:I know he's dead... but this man made money from exploiting people's grief.

He was caught faking a seance early on in his career.

P.T. Barnum springs to mind.

Amazingly ectoplasm seems to have gone out of fashion these days.





@BlueBag…...I did wonder what on earth he was doing….ectoplasm coming out of his nose and ears haha.I know you shouldn't speak ill of the dead but, that photo makes him look like he should be sectioned under the 1983 Mental Health Act!  eek

tinkier

Posts : 197
Reputation : 131
Join date : 2015-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

Post by BlueBag on 28.08.15 7:37

I know.. absurd isn't.

You never see a medium trying this crap any more.

Colin Fry was a fake who got really good at it.

BlueBag

Posts : 3432
Reputation : 1275
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

Post by aquila on 28.08.15 18:26

@BlueBag wrote:I know.. absurd isn't.

You never see a medium trying this crap any more.

Colin Fry was a fake who got really good at it.
Next Sun headline - 'Dead psychic contacts live psychic with message from Madeleine McCann'

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry dead: TV psychic's career including Most Haunted and search for Madeleine McCann

Post by tigger on 28.08.15 18:35

Errm, was his death unforeseen by any chance?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum