The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

How did Matthew know 2 days before they were due to fly home, that this would be their last night?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How did Matthew know 2 days before they were due to fly home, that this would be their last night?

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 26.07.15 9:50

From Matthew Oldfield's Rogatory Interview:
"Dave and Fiona had a monitor stretched the distance across from the, their apartment to ours and it was just that as the holiday went on and you knew from better, it seemed like the sort of nice thing to do, to, offer it on that last, on the last night, but it wasn't usual routine err for us to check on each other's children, it may be different for Dave and Fiona you know Gerry and Kate better and their children better but for us it only, during the holiday it didn't seem appropriate at the beginning, it wouldn't be our natural response to do it".

From this we can establish that:

Prior to the night Madeleine went missing, everyone only checked on their own children.

The night Madeleine went missing, Matthew changed his routine.

Matthew thought "it seemed like the sort of thing to do, to, offer it on that last, on the last night".

But how did Matthew know 2 days before they were due to fly home, that this would be their last night?

Was he psychic?

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: How did Matthew know 2 days before they were due to fly home, that this would be their last night?

Post by tigger on 26.07.15 11:25

RM and MO have strong competition in that respect  from Kate:

From 'A tense situation'  Dr. Roberts 2012 with thanks to McCannfiles.com

Make no mistake, when it comes to anticipation Kate McCann has already demonstrated some 'previous form' in that regard:
"From the moment Madeleine had gone, I'd turned instinctively to God and to Mary, feeling a deep need to pray, and to get as many other people as possible to pray, too. I believed it would make a difference. Although in the early days I struggled to comprehend what had happened to Madeleine, and to us, I've never believed it was God's fault, or that He 'allowed' it to happen. I was just confused that He had apparently not heeded the prayer I'd offered every night for my family: 'Thank you God for bringing Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Amelie into my life. Please keep them all safe, healthy and happy. Amen.' Please keep them all safe. It must be said that when I'd prayed for their safety I'd been thinking: please don't let them fall off something and bang their heads, or please don't let them be involved in a car accident. I'd never considered anything as horrific as my child being stolen. But I had kind of assumed my prayer would cover every eventuality." (p.106).
As an adjunct to the present discussion, it is interesting, albeit for unwelcome reasons, that Kate McCann should consider a child's being involved in a car accident and suffering trauma at least, serious, possibly fatal injury at worst, nothing like as horrific as she herself suffering the consequences of theft.

But back to the matter in hand - Kate's sense of timing.

The entire ritual quoted above is prefaced by the phrase, 'From the moment Madeleine had gone,' giving the impression that the tendency to enhanced spirituality, and the prayers that went with it, was consequent upon the events of 3 May, i.e. the 'abduction.' But Kate had clearly been genuflecting nightly long before. As she says, 'I was just confused that He had apparently not heeded the prayer I'd offered every night for my family.' (God had not been listening even before 3 May, never mind afterwards). Included in Kate's prayer was the exhortation to 'keep them all safe' which, as Kate goes on to explain, embraced various categories of danger, as she'd actually been thinking: 'please don't let them fall off something and bang their heads, or please don't let them be involved in a car accident,' although she'd never considered anything as horrific as her child being stolen.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How did Matthew know 2 days before they were due to fly home, that this would be their last night?

Post by BlueBag on 26.07.15 11:42

"please don't let them fall off something and bang their heads"

Ahem to that.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 26.07.15 12:24

Never noticed that before and can't believe when he replied in that way no one asked How did you know that would be the last night to prompt this action?

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Latetothecase on 26.07.15 12:42

Has it ever been established if Matthew Oldfield is related to chief spook Maurice Oldfield, about whom much has been spoken this week regarding the cover up of abuse?

Latetothecase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 26.07.15 12:59

@BlueBag wrote:
"please don't let them fall off something and bang their heads"

Ahem to that.
 ROB mentions something similar in his rog, so does Rachel Mampilly. Hmm.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 28.07.15 1:22

I expect Matthew was talking in retrospect, it was the last night before everything changed, before Madeleine disappeared, is what he means, not the last night of the original holiday plan.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LombardySkeptik on 28.07.15 3:11

@suzyjohnson wrote:I expect Matthew was talking in retrospect, it was the last night before everything changed, before Madeleine disappeared, is what he means, not the last night of the original holiday plan.
I tend to agree - in this matter he gets a pass from me

Of course in most other matters he is in it - right up to his neck! (IMO etc etc)

LombardySkeptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit on 28.07.15 16:37

I don't know. I really get the distinct impression that Oldfield is saying the checking on each others' children was done only  because it was the last night:

"it seemed like the sort of nice thing to do, to, offer it on that last, on the last night, but it wasn't usual routine err for us to check on each other's children,"

In other words the 'last night' is given as the sole reasoning for the group breaking the 'usual routine'. If the last night isn't the excuse then what other can they/do they offer for breaking the 'usual routine'?

Latetothecase on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:42 pm
"Has it ever been established if Matthew Oldfield is related to chief spook Maurice Oldfield, about whom much has been spoken this week regarding the cover up of abuse?"

I asked this on the new member questions thread a while back but nobody seems to know the answer. Given Oldfield's connections to the Kincora scandal and the overall high level of political involvement, including security services, in this case I think it is a highly pertinent line of questioning.

whodunit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 28.07.15 16:39

^ agree with this he was talking about 'offering' it on the last night and that being the reason for doing so eg it being a nice last night gesture

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 28.07.15 18:16

Hmm, I don't know.

Assuming that Matthew actually did offer to check at 9.30 pm on the Thursday, I always thought perhaps he had taken a bit of a shine to Kate, and felt sorry for her. What with Gerry chatting up the quiz girl on the Tues, and Kate always being left to see to the kids, and Gerry not being there to enjoy himself, and then the couple falling out and sleeping in separate rooms on the Wed. And then Matthew going running with Kate as well ....

If that were the case, maybe it was easier just to say, he thought it was the nice thing to do?

Assuming, on the other hand though, that he didn't actually offer to check on the McCann children at all on the Thursday (which of course would be the underlying assumption if  you think there was any significance to his comment about checking on 'the last night') then what other explanation could he offer?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cbeagle on 02.08.15 16:08

On the thread T9 May 3rd Morning - The story they want us to believe. there is this line:

Jane Tanner was up late and didn't go to breakfast but Russell took E**a and E**e and met Matthew Oldfield as he was leaving. 

I haven't found any reference to Matthew Oldfield leaving, so I don't know where Hideho  got that from.

cbeagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum