The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Fox Hunting - should we keep the ban?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fox Hunting - should we keep the ban?

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 26.07.15 6:32

Fox hunting provokes strong views on both sides of the argument.

Is it the most humane way of controlling foxes in the countryside which provides employment in the local economy?

Or is it a cruel and unnecessary practice which should be banned?

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox Hunting - should we keep the ban?

Post by tigger on 27.07.15 10:04

yes, keep the ban. Not for emotional reasons but because:

Foxes keep down the rabbit population.

The dogs have a disgustingly rotten life. A lot of sub-standard pups are killed at birth, most dogs don't live beyond 3 or 4 years and are then shot. The pack spent most of their lives in kennels with outings for training.
So on and so forth. In-breeding makes for difficult dogs too. Compare to retrievers and so on, who have a one to one relationship with the owner and are trained  and bred to a standard. Those dogs have a good life imo.

Besides, shooting duck and having them retrieved is a quick and  humane way of killing.

I'm asking why stopping the earths the day before the hunt is considered part of a 'sport'.  It's hardly giving the fox a chance, which is always the argument.  It's nothing to do with class either, because a lot of farm labourers and labour voters take part in the hunt.

It's also a totally fake 'tradition' - fox hunting was started about 300 years ago because deer hunting was outlawed. For that you used deer hounds at the time and possibly guns as well.  Deer are culled these days by shooting. They have to be culled as there are no natural predators (although they are introducing wolves in Scotland I believe)/

Foxes should be culled if they become a nuisance, e.g. raiding the chicken coops. In fact killing foxes has not been outlawed I understand, hunting with dogs has. It is far more humane to shoot the odd pesky fox. I used to live next to a huge wood with deer, foxes, otters  and lots and lots of rabbits. In fact my half-wild cat lived mostly on rabbits he killed.

It's also rubbish to use bad shooting as an argument. These days it's practically impossible to miss with a laser-guided rifle.

The main attraction of fox hunting is to belong to a 'hunt' - when you do, you're in with the in crowd. It's better than getting into the House of Lords in a way. Far more influence, political and economical fellow members can be quite helpful I'd imagine.

I don't see fox hunting as a great British tradition,  I think it's one of the most unsporting contests I can imagine.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fox Hunting should we keep the ban in place

Post by willowthewisp on 30.08.15 18:38

Hi tigger,
Well it is unsporting for the Fox in this case as the Hunts clearly have a private Police force their to protect the Hunt and not the Fox, have you ever seen a Police Officer try to stop a Hunt, that is illegal?
Dodgy Dave is as wirey as a cunning old fox filling the Lords with his unelected cronies in preparation to out vote the Chambers on the Laws he wants to be enforced, at least some of these bills at the forefront will be "FOI and National security, GCHQ"?
No doubt the cunning old fox will wish to have the Hunting bill removed from the Lords, for the Chipping Norton set,Tally Ho Rebekah?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 31.08.15 19:39

@tigger wrote:yes, keep the ban. Not for emotional reasons but because:

Foxes keep down the rabbit population.

The dogs have a disgustingly rotten life. A lot of sub-standard pups are killed at birth, most dogs don't live beyond 3 or 4 years and are then shot. The pack spent most of their lives in kennels with outings for training.
So on and so forth. In-breeding makes for difficult dogs too. Compare to retrievers and so on, who have a one to one relationship with the owner and are trained  and bred to a standard. Those dogs have a good life imo.

Besides, shooting duck and having them retrieved is a quick and  humane way of killing.

I'm asking why stopping the earths the day before the hunt is considered part of a 'sport'.  It's hardly giving the fox a chance, which is always the argument.  It's nothing to do with class either, because a lot of farm labourers and labour voters take part in the hunt.

It's also a totally fake 'tradition' - fox hunting was started about 300 years ago because deer hunting was outlawed. For that you used deer hounds at the time and possibly guns as well.  Deer are culled these days by shooting. They have to be culled as there are no natural predators (although they are introducing wolves in Scotland I believe)/

Foxes should be culled if they become a nuisance, e.g. raiding the chicken coops. In fact killing foxes has not been outlawed I understand, hunting with dogs has. It is far more humane to shoot the odd pesky fox. I used to live next to a huge wood with deer, foxes, otters  and lots and lots of rabbits. In fact my half-wild cat lived mostly on rabbits he killed.

It's also rubbish to use bad shooting as an argument. These days it's practically impossible to miss with a laser-guided rifle.

The main attraction of fox hunting is to belong to a 'hunt' - when you do, you're in with the in crowd. It's better than getting into the House of Lords in a way. Far more influence, political and economical fellow members can be quite helpful I'd imagine.

I don't see fox hunting as a great British tradition,  I think it's one of the most unsporting contests I can imagine.
hear, hear, Tigger!!

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 01.09.15 10:31

I have the reference somewhere, but in the 19th century foxes were nearly exterminated in part of the UK.

Their coverts were then protected and they were bred so that they could be hunted again...  it's a 'sport'  just as hare coursing is a 'sport' .  The ambition of social mountaineers is to be asked to take part in a real British hunt.. if they can't ride they can be invited to a country estate for a pheasant shoot - another of these idiot 'sports'.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum