The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***NEW*** Decomposed child's body found in suitcase in South Australia was NOT Madeleine McCann - OFFICIAL (was: Bones found in South Australia)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***NEW*** Decomposed child's body found in suitcase in South Australia was NOT Madeleine McCann - OFFICIAL (was: Bones found in South Australia)

Post by Joss on 27.07.15 10:39

@aquila wrote:With regards to the clothes, there are trackable labels/logos etc which will probably produce leads. The logo could be a Chinese label sold at markets etc.

As for the machined quilt, quilting is quite a hobby in Australia (it's one of the many things I love about Australians that they keep old crafts alive). There are many quilting networks and I should imagine the police are contacting every single one of them. Each quilt will be unique so someone made it. Someone will recognise this quilt. The quilt is the jewel here.

What is difficult to understand is the need to put the clothing in the suitcase - why not burn it or dispose of it separately in a different location? To me it perhaps suggests some emotional attachment to the child.
I wouldn't think that whoever had the deceased child kept her in the suitcase the whole time, but perhaps they did and had her buried in the suitcase around where they lived? The suitcase was apparently very faded from its original color. Maybe the clothing items were some of her favorite things, and were therefore buried with her, and maybe to serve as padding in the otherwise empty suitcase. For some reason? the person/s then had to get rid of the suitcase, perhaps leaving their place of residence and removed the evidence in case whoever moved in after them would find it, and it would tie the previous person/s to the premises and the deceased child?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW*** Decomposed child's body found in suitcase in South Australia was NOT Madeleine McCann - OFFICIAL (was: Bones found in South Australia)

Post by aquila on 27.07.15 10:50

@Joss wrote:
@aquila wrote:With regards to the clothes, there are trackable labels/logos etc which will probably produce leads. The logo could be a Chinese label sold at markets etc.

As for the machined quilt, quilting is quite a hobby in Australia (it's one of the many things I love about Australians that they keep old crafts alive). There are many quilting networks and I should imagine the police are contacting every single one of them. Each quilt will be unique so someone made it. Someone will recognise this quilt. The quilt is the jewel here.

What is difficult to understand is the need to put the clothing in the suitcase - why not burn it or dispose of it separately in a different location? To me it perhaps suggests some emotional attachment to the child.
I wouldn't think that whoever had the deceased child kept her in the suitcase the whole time, but perhaps they did and had her buried in the suitcase around where they lived? The suitcase was apparently very faded from its original color. Maybe the clothing items were some of her favorite things, and were therefore buried with her, and maybe to serve as padding in the otherwise empty suitcase. For some reason? the person/s then had to get rid of the suitcase, perhaps leaving their place of residence and removed the evidence in case whoever moved in after them would find it, and it would tie the previous person/s to the premises and the deceased child?
I'm on your wavelength.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 27.07.15 12:35

Daily Mail article saying police have had to say its unlikely to be her after specualtion

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 27.07.15 13:17

Wynarka child murder: Top cop dismisses Madeleine McCann speculation as distinctive fabric found with remains identified

July 27, 2015 4:07am
POLICE Commissioner Grant Stevens has dismissed speculation that a murdered child found by the side of an SA highway could be the world’s most high-profile missing girl, Madeleine McCann.
Mr Stevens today told a parliamentary estimates committee hearing that “clearly we’re looking at tragic circumstances here”.
“There is absolutely no evidence at this point in time that the child is Madeleine McCann … to suggest something like that at this point in time would purely be speculating to get attention,” he said.
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/wynarka-child-suitcase-murder-distinctive-fabric-used-for-quilt-found-with-remains-made-in-new-york/story-fni6uo1m-1227457660344

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.07.15 15:18

@Joss wrote:Wynarka child murder: Top cop dismisses Madeleine McCann speculation as distinctive fabric found with remains identified

POLICE Commissioner Grant Stevens has dismissed speculation that a murdered child found by the side of an SA highway could be the world’s most high-profile missing girl, Madeleine McCann.
Mr Stevens today told a parliamentary estimates committee hearing that “clearly we’re looking at tragic circumstances here”.
“There is absolutely no evidence at this point in time that the child is Madeleine McCann … to suggest something like that at this point in time would purely be speculating to get attention,” he said.
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/wynarka-child-suitcase-murder-distinctive-fabric-used-for-quilt-found-with-remains-made-in-new-york/story-fni6uo1m-1227457660344
Joss, frankly I can't imagine why this ridiculous assertion was ever made in the first place - or can I? 

Looking at it logically, how on earth could the body of MBM have been placed in a suitcase and transported across the globe only to end up roadside over eight years later.  In the words of Clarence Mitchell - LUDICROUS!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave on 27.07.15 16:03

Remember the Victoria Beckham lookielikey? The Edgar & clarrie press conference? The Aussie millionairess yachtswoman? 
I do.
They made such a big deal about it at the time. Around the fifth anniversary. 
Quite clearly Clarence didn't think it ludicrous at the time. I'm amazed by his utter silence, actually.
She's been 'spotted' as faraway as New Zealand hasn't she? Allegedly.

I await further news with interest and much sadness.
Poor little child, whoever she /he is.

Edited once for spelling/punctuation

The Slave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 27.07.15 17:38

@Verdi wrote:
@Joss wrote:Wynarka child murder: Top cop dismisses Madeleine McCann speculation as distinctive fabric found with remains identified

Joss, frankly I can't imagine why this ridiculous assertion was ever made in the first place - or can I? 

Looking at it logically, how on earth could the body of MBM have been placed in a suitcase and transported across the globe only to end up roadside over eight years later.  In the words of Clarence Mitchell - LUDICROUS!
Hi Verdi, yeah i agree, it sounds pretty far fetched and a real reach for sure. But there are those that would link MBM to this because it fits a theory for them, IMO.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 27.07.15 17:43

Makes me wonder if the person wants to be caught.
The bones and clothes have been somewhere safe from detection for years,to then place it all somewhere to be found so easily is unusual.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 27.07.15 17:47

“We are extremely grateful for the level of community support we have received, and as a result of that support the investigation continues to progress each day,” he said.
People who saw the suitcase have come forward to police, some who even inspected the contents of the faded case without realising the horrible secret it entombed.
At this time 32 children have been excluded as potential victims including the world’s most high-profile missing girl, Madeleine McCann, who was snatched from a Portuguese holiday resort in 2007.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/national/wynarka-child-murder-police-release-digital-image-of-quilt-patches/story-fnii5yv8-1227459136687

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 27.07.15 17:50

@notlongnow wrote:Makes me wonder if the person wants to be caught.
The bones and clothes have been somewhere safe from detection for years,to then place it all somewhere to be found so easily is unusual.
Or someone had to get rid of evidence in a hurry and dumped it in the bush? The suitcase had been moved and tampered with by other people that were curious about it and what it contained apparently.
The Police have also said it could of been dumped there around 4 months ago, possibly from people that had noticed it there i would think.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 27.07.15 19:20

@Joss wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:Have to say i find this a bit weird,that many clothes in one place and left by the road.
Maybe whoever disposed of the child also disposed of all other traces of the child having been theirs, ie. clothing etc. as well? I would of thought a DNA profile would have been done on her by now? But maybe that will take a bit longer?

Where would a DNA profile get them?  It can't identify people unless there's a profile on record to match it to. If someone came forward and thought a relative was missing they could rule them out or in but as far as I'm aware police don't have a way of checking a database of every single child. If they did there might also be children that weren't on it for one reason or another.

Releasing the picture of the clothes and blanket seems to be their only hope of identifying the child, they need someone to come forward with information.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.07.15 19:31

@joyce1938 wrote:hum I don't know if I dare say this ,bu its gone through my mind as soon as these clothes were found ,probably just me BUT IS TIS THE GET OUT NEEDED,FOR A LOT OF FOLK ?// joyce1938

That crossed my mind also joyce1938

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.07.15 19:35

@ChippyM wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:Have to say i find this a bit weird,that many clothes in one place and left by the road.
Maybe whoever disposed of the child also disposed of all other traces of the child having been theirs, ie. clothing etc. as well? I would of thought a DNA profile would have been done on her by now? But maybe that will take a bit longer?

Where would a DNA profile get them?  It can't identify people unless there's a profile on record to match it to. If someone came forward and thought a relative was missing they could rule them out or in but as far as I'm aware police don't have a way of checking a database of every single child. If they did there might also be children that weren't on it for one reason or another.

Releasing the picture of the clothes and blanket seems to be their only hope of identifying the child, they need someone to come forward with information.
If they can obtain a DNA profile then they can match it to anyone on record who may be related to the child. Since she does not appear to have been reported missing then it's likely that she has been killed by a relative. And it also seems likely that anyone responsible for this type of violence would have come to the attention of the police before now.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.07.15 19:43

@Joss wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:Makes me wonder if the person wants to be caught.
Or someone had to get rid of evidence in a hurry and dumped it in the bush? The suitcase had been moved and tampered with by other people that were curious about it and what it contained apparently.
The Police have also said it could of been dumped there around 4 months ago, possibly from people that had noticed it there i would think.

Why would someone decide after all this time to move the suitcase? Because they had to move house? It seems such a strange thing to do to include the clothes, so many clues for the police.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.07.15 19:51

@Verdi wrote:

I expect it would be very difficult to transport a body into Australia. 

But how difficult do you suppose it would be just to move bones to Australia in a suitcase? After all, the police have said that even the people who emptied the suitcase might not have realised what was in it. And, out of interest, how difficult would it be for someone in the medical profession to move bones in a suitcase?

Because, if that were possible, then it wouldn't be difficult to acquire a few items of second-hand girls clothing and an old suitcase would it?.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 27.07.15 19:59

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:
@Joss wrote:

If they can obtain a DNA profile then they can match it to anyone on record who may be related to the child. Since she does not appear to have been reported missing then it's likely that she has been killed by a relative. And it also seems likely that anyone responsible for this type of violence would have come to the attention of the police before now.

Yes that's possible but I don't agree with the likelyhood of a relative being known to police. For someone to snap and accidentally kill a child doesn't automatically mean they have a police record.  Checking databases could reveal people that might be vaguely related, it could be a few or even hundreds and then police would still have a lot of detective work to do.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.07.15 20:18

@ChippyM wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:
@Joss wrote:

Yes that's possible but I don't agree with the likelyhood of a relative being known to police. For someone to snap and accidentally kill a child doesn't automatically mean they have a police record.  Checking databases could reveal people that might be vaguely related, it could be a few or even hundreds and then police would still have a lot of detective work to do.
Ok, a possibility then.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.07.15 20:24

@The Slave wrote:Remember the Victoria Beckham lookielikey? The Edgar & clarrie press conference? The Aussie millionairess yachtswoman? 
I do.
They made such a big deal about it at the time. Around the fifth anniversary. 
Quite clearly Clarence didn't think it ludicrous at the time. I'm amazed by his utter silence, actually.
She's been 'spotted' as faraway as New Zealand hasn't she? Allegedly.

I await further news with interest and much sadness.
Poor little child, whoever she /he is.

Edited once for spelling/punctuation
Indeed I do remember the Australian/New Zealand media hype.  Rupert Murdoch and his organ grinder the News of the World have a lot to answer for -don't they?  No wonder the rag was abandoned.

Apart from that, MBM has allegedly been spotted at various locations across the globe - none of which had any credence, just media hype courtesy of Clarence 'Ludicrous' Mitchell and his contacts.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 27.07.15 20:46

What a horrendous case.
I really hope they manage to identify this poor little girl, whoever she was. And then get the person/s responsible.

If she was killed years ago, where's the poor little thing been between then and the last few months?

And why move her now?

Someone who knew all along (not necessarily the killer) and wanted the truth to out?

It's very grim.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.07.15 22:30

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

I expect it would be very difficult to transport a body into Australia. 

But how difficult do you suppose it would be just to move bones to Australia in a suitcase? After all, the police have said that even the people who emptied the suitcase might not have realised what was in it. And, out of interest, how difficult would it be for someone in the medical profession to move bones in a suitcase?

Because, if that were possible, then it wouldn't be difficult to acquire a few items of second-hand girls clothing and an old suitcase would it?.
If I'm reading your response correctly I think you are missing the point, perhaps I didn't make myself clear - nothing new there Sad

Of course it must be possible to transport the remains of a small body in a suitcase with a few oddments of clothing but the first question to be asked is why!  I can see absolutely no purpose in moving a dead body from somewhere in Europe across the other side of the world to the Antipodes.  Regular border controls have officials and scanners to detect anything being transported illegally.  If it's being suggested that someone such as the wealthy socialite sailed the high seas from Europe to Australia in her super luxury yacht carrying such illegal cargo, I would think it more advantageous to dump a suitcase (or other suitable container) overboard somewhere in the middle of the Pacific never to be seen again - or in Gerry's words 'find the evidence..'  Your comment "how difficult would it be for someone in the medical profession to move bones in a suitcase?" - I'm afraid you've totally lost me on that one but taking your words at face value I don't think it would be any easier or more difficult for a doctor than anyone else.

The very notion that the body of MBM was moved from Portugal to Australia in an old suitcase and dumped eight years later at a roadside is really beyond the pale.  This case is horrendous in it's own right but I really don't think it could possibly have any connection with the disappearance of MBM.  I'm not digging you out here, only concerned with why such a seemingly ridiculous idea hit the press in the first place and who was responsible.  On that note I'll butt out.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.07.15 22:42

I can't post the link, but the Star is carrying Maddie: Mystery of Body in Case, on front page, tomorrow

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.07.15 22:49

@sallypelt wrote:I can't post the link, but the Star is carrying Maddie: Mystery of Body in Case, on front page, tomorrow
Here is the article

Maddie McCann mystery as cops yet to rule out dead child found in suitcase is missing Brit
DETECTIVES are refusing to rule out a toddler found dead in a suitcase in Australia being missing Madeleine McCann.
By Tom Rawle / Published 27th July 2015

PH/PA
MYSTERY: Cops say the unidentifed child could be "any potential missing child"
The body of the child – who reportedly died in 2007 – was discovered on the roadside on the outskirts of Adelaide.

Police have described the girl as having blonde hair and around two to four years old at the time of her death.

Maddie vanished from a Portuguese resort in the Algarve in 2007, aged three.

The discovery has sparked a lot of social media speculation suggesting a link between the cases.

Authorities are still yet to identify the youngster but police have said that the chances of it being the missing Brit is still highly unlikely.

South Australia Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said: "Until we ascertain the identity of the child we need to be open to all possibilities.

"We are focusing our inquiries on South Australia but we would be considering any potential missing child."

PH
DEAD: The body of the girl was found in a suitcase near Adelaide
Grant Stevens, South Australia Police Commissioner wrote: “We are focusing our inquiries on South Australia but we would be considering any potential missing child.”

Commissioner Stevens add that there is "absolutely no evidence at this point" linking the child to the Madeleine McCann case.

He said: "To suggest something like that at this point in time would purely be speculating to get attention."

Police believe the suitcase was chucked on the side of the motorway months ago but the girl's body was only discovered on July 15.

Detective Superintendent Des Bray said in a press conference that it is believed the little girl was "killed elsewhere" before the luggage case was dumped there.

He said police have ruled out the body being Australian child William Tyrrell, who went missing from New South Wales on his fourth birthday in 2014, and the case remains open.

He said: "The girl would be two to four years old at the time of death. If she died in 2007 she would be 10 to 12.

"It's believed the little girl was killed elsewhere and the remains put in suitcase and moved in relatively recent times.

"Certainly we've no other missing person cases full stop in our state who we think this little girl is."

GOOGLE
UNLIKELY?: There is more than 10,000 miles separating the Algarve in Portugal with Adelaide
The search for Madeleine McCann was reopened earlier this year.

It is believed as much as £10million has been spent on the case to find the toddler.

In April, her parent's Gerry and Kate McCann won £350,000 in a libel case after a former Portuguese police chief falsely accused them of covering up the death of their own daughter.

Goncalo Amaral is now expected to fight the ruling saying in May it is “an attack against freedom of expression”.

He added: “I am a free man and like any other citizen in this country I have the right to express my opinions.”

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.07.15 22:51

@sallypelt wrote:I can't post the link, but the Star is carrying Maddie: Mystery of Body in Case, on front page, tomorrow
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/456185/Madeleine-McCann-case-Dead-body-found-Australia-police-fears

There you go  smilie !

ETA:  No comment!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.07.15 22:55

Thanks Aquila, Verdi, but this is the link I am referring to:

http://news.sky.com/gallery/1526167/tuesdays-newspaper-front-pages

You will have to skip through the front pages until you get to the Star

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum