The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

On a government 'locking away' information on an embarrassing topic for decades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On a government 'locking away' information on an embarrassing topic for decades

Post by comperedna on 19.07.15 15:51

I always thought one government could not 'bind' the actions and activities of successor ones.  However, someone at some point thought fit to allow the royals to bury inconvenient facts about the activities of embarrassing relatives like the future king
Edward VIIIth with his Nazi sympathies.

Yes, we know he was bundled off to be governor of the Bahamas, and his ultimate ousting was all put down to his wishing to marry a divorced woman... thought scandalous at the time... BUT... Why is it only NOW that the royal archives have been requested to be opened up? Governments of different complexions have all pussy-footed about over this.

Royals live off the public purse, and are supposed to be 'above' politics. They are supposed to be figureheads: openers of supermarkets, and attenders at tragedies bearing wreaths. Nosey old interfering Prince Charles sails far too close to the wind.

We are supposed to be a democracy! (or a least a constitutional monarchy... with the emphasis on 'constitutional'). Surely any decent government should not cowtow to these posh oddballs, and could push for the archives to be opened up!

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On a government 'locking away' information on an embarrassing topic for decades

Post by BlueBag on 19.07.15 16:22

Prince Philip's sisters were all married to high-ranking Military Germans during WWII.

They were not at his wedding - too embarrassing.

Prince Philip's involvement in the Profumo scandal was hushed up - relatives of mine worked for the papers at the time and knew what was happening.

It's all gone quiet on the Andrew under-age thing hasn't it.

I'm sure there are many many royal family secrets.

Who the hell are these people?

I never voted for them or gave them my consent to be a "subject".

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On a government 'locking away' information on an embarrassing topic for decades

Post by plebgate on 19.07.15 16:39

It will never change.  I get fed up with the media reporting on The Greek spouse and his "funny " royal gaffes.

No they are not funny, they are downright rude -  IMO of course.

I heard that he asked a tv doctor at some point when he was going to get a proper job - the tv doctor replied along the lines of -  when you do.   That made me laugh.

It was also reported that he asked a group of East End ladies when they were going to stop sponging (something like that).    If only they had the nerve to give a similar  reply as the tv doctor.

I do not find any of his "gaffes" funny at all.

PAH

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.07.15 16:53

@ BlueBag

Prince Philip's involvement in the Profumo scandal was hushed up

This is news to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 19.07.15 17:20

I think there were rumours about him attending parties at Viscount Astor's country house Cliveden at the same time as Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice-Davies.

Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.07.15 20:44

Ladyinred wrote:@ BlueBag

Prince Philip's involvement in the Profumo scandal was hushed up

This is news to me!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545656/Prince-Philip-delicate-question-Why-HAS-sensational-Profumo-file-buried-30-years.html

Totally hushed up.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 20.07.15 10:26

I find most of the British royals rather boring, some, such as Andrew, rather sleazy (remember his wife with that fake Arab deal?) . BUT!

If you did away with the royals it would be a very bad move. They certainly bring in more money than they cost - :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw

The hangers on I would not miss, e.g. the ghastly Edward and co, but imo most countries who have royals are more stable than those who do not. Denmark, Sweden, I believe Norway still has one too.
I had no time for the sainted Diana either. But imagine President Blair and his First Lady - in fact they tried to do this at the start. Ms Booth  launched some or other ship in the early days and the Blairs have used their time in office to ruin the British Judiciary system and also managed to become extremely rich.  The frequent references to Blair's wife as 'First Lady' were  eventually dropped. 
People should not make such a song and dance about the royals. They're handy, help tourism and bring in more money than they cost. Employ a good number of people and so on. It all has to come from somewhere, it's not as if the Queen gets 40 odd million a year pocket money.  They live relatively modestly by the standards of the 'real' rich.
Countries where the monarchy doesn't work very well are those who are composed of essentially different regions such as Germany, Italy and France. History lives -  NL had somewhat to its surprise a monarchy about 200 years ago. It was created -  I forget why..-  in such a hurry that we never got round to getting a crown for the ceremony. For the first coronation they made one up from bits of gilt and fake stones - it got lost somehow and since then they've done without.

Blair put a D-notice on the Operation Ore almost as soon as it came in - that's one for a 100 years or more - the Chilcott report isn't out yet, was held up. The case of Dr. Kelly has never had a public inquest and so on, so I'm not too fussed if Prince Phillip attended the odd orgy or whatever. I'd rather have that report on Iraq and an inquest on Kelly.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 20.07.15 11:27

@tigger wrote:I find most of the British royals rather boring, some, such as Andrew, rather sleazy (remember his wife with that fake Arab deal?) . BUT!

If you did away with the royals it would be a very bad move. They certainly bring in more money than they cost - :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw

The hangers on I would not miss, e.g. the ghastly Edward and co, but imo most countries who have royals are more stable than those who do not. Denmark, Sweden, I believe Norway still has one too.
I had no time for the sainted Diana either. But imagine President Blair and his First Lady - in fact they tried to do this at the start. Ms Booth  launched some or other ship in the early days and the Blairs have used their time in office to ruin the British Judiciary system and also managed to become extremely rich.  The frequent references to Blair's wife as 'First Lady' were  eventually dropped. 
People should not make such a song and dance about the royals. They're handy, help tourism and bring in more money than they cost. Employ a good number of people and so on. It all has to come from somewhere, it's not as if the Queen gets 40 odd million a year pocket money.  They live relatively modestly by the standards of the 'real' rich.
Countries where the monarchy doesn't work very well are those who are composed of essentially different regions such as Germany, Italy and France. History lives -  NL had somewhat to its surprise a monarchy about 200 years ago. It was created -  I forget why..-  in such a hurry that we never got round to getting a crown for the ceremony. For the first coronation they made one up from bits of gilt and fake stones - it got lost somehow and since then they've done without.

Blair put a D-notice on the Operation Ore almost as soon as it came in - that's one for a 100 years or more - the Chilcott report isn't out yet, was held up. The case of Dr. Kelly has never had a public inquest and so on, so I'm not too fussed if Prince Phillip attended the odd orgy or whatever. I'd rather have that report on Iraq and an inquest on Kelly.

Very well said, tigger.  The Royal Family are nothing more than puppets for the "men in grey suits". We don't see those who pull the strings. And I agree, that royal privileges are so out-dated, but the Queen brings in far more revenue that it costs to keep her. Moreover, I am not entirely against phasing out the Royal Family over time, but what is frightening is, who or what are they going to put in their place? For the near future, at least, leave them there, as Britain is safer with them than without them. So the "first lady" of the UK will have to bide her time.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 20.07.15 14:45

I'm just waiting for the most thoughtful of my pre-school grandchildren to say. 'Who chose the queen to be queen?', or even, since she is aware of recent elections, 'Who elected the queen?' The royals, are a gross SYMBOL of undeserved priviledge which we try to eliminate from or society, with varying degrees of success. I don't care if they bring in money from tourists. Do away with them. It is shaming that we keep them on.

I agree there are bigwigs pulling their puppet strings. Whilst I am about it, as part of the complex unpicking, I should like to get rid of the House of Lords. (I know all the arguments about having a second chamber or not.) Chuck out the bishops and all the useless dross that is in there. The worthwhile, talented and useful ones can stand for election to a Senate or what-have-you.

To those who say we have no-one suitable to be elected as head of state I say RUBBISH!  Ireland does perfectly well. They voted in the admirable Mary Robinson for one.

Given that we seem to be stuck with these royal twerps and bears of little brain in ceremonial office, I think the queen herself does as well as anyone caould do in the job, because she keeps her nose out of politics, and just opens things and lays wreaths, and plants trees and so on. Her daft and dotty son will be a much worse bet. Aleady he sends 'black spider memos' to government departments, and instead of laughing and moving on, the fools take them seriously! I am sick of his dumbo views on pastiche, ticky-tacky Georgian architecture, homeopathy and whatnot being taken seriously . He should BUTT OUT, or better still be ousted by the voters. Fat chance, I know as people like them in the way they like favourite dolls, or pet dogs, or Disney videos.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 20.07.15 14:54

@comperedna wrote:I think the queen herself does as well as anyone caould do in the job, because she keeps her nose out of politics, and just opens things and lays wreaths, and plants trees and so on.
This is a myth.

She has weekly meetings with the PM.

She and Charles have also vetoed Parliament legislation 39 times in recent years - yes she can do that!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/jan/14/secret-papers-royals-veto-bills

The certainly Queen interferes when it affects her interests.

Of course they try and keep that secret from us.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Blair and locking away information on Dunblane (national security...hah!)

Post by comperedna on 20.07.15 15:48

I really started this thread because Peter Preston in the Guardian wrote that the Royal Archives should be open for researchers to... research into... and nothing about them should be conveniety locked away, and I agreed with him.

ALSO ... even more important I started this off because I wanted to move on elsewhere, to other, different 'locking away'. Blair locked away details of DUNBLANE for I bellieve 100 years (nat security... no doubt) and tigger referred to Operation Ore and to the Dr Kelly case. Both more important in many ways. Maybe there is a whole thread on Dunblane. If so I will contribute there.

I still do not understand why a new government, cannot review the locking away of inconvenient truths settled upon by the previous one. Blair was a devious and worse b*stard. He did as he liked because he PRAYED to gain the OK to do as he chose. In my book that is one part of your personal psychology conveniently giving another part of it permission to do as you like. He preferred talking and discussing with God or Gaaaaard as Americans call him/her/it to chewing things over with his colleagues... and no wonder. He was scarily underhand, and so was his successor Gordon Brown.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 20.07.15 15:52

It's a disgrace that "National Security" has been used as an excuse when there is no such issue.

We need open and honest Government.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

on a Government covering up

Post by willowthewisp on 20.07.15 16:02

Hi Comperedna,
If you really are interested in finding out about Dunblane and D-Notice, there appears to be numerous Cabinet Members,Royalty, MP's involved involved in the abuse of children from Scotland to England,notice an MO connection,Kincora to UK, Bryn Alyn/Estyn to Elm Guest House, London. Dolphin Square?
I would suggest you Google, George Robertson and Gun Guarantee, Scotish Herald article and be prepared for a long read?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 20.07.15 16:13

Been there done that got the T-shirt... will-O the wisp.  You are right on the button. I remember when the Kincora story broke in real time... I am old but old... :-D I t was the first grotesque situation of that type that I learned about.

I STILL want to be told why an incoming government cannot unpick some of the gross injustices in the way of 'locking away' of the previous one. In our system, one government is not supposed to be able to 'bind' the hands of the incoming one. I do not believe that 'they are all at it and all involved' is an answer.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 20.07.15 16:55

Hi comperedna, 
I Suppose it must be a kind of pact of silence of Parliament on Official Secrets Act, that what ever is investigated and what comes to light/ found out is assigned a file number and packed away in a secret Chamber in the House of Commons?
The incoming Government obviously has to have a knowledge of what the previous Government has filed away and I would think at least, they must have to sign the Official Secrets act or similar when you serve in Parliament or the House of Lords?
You can peek at but cannot reveal the conclusions of the file?
Just take a look at the shenanigans of what is going on right now Child Abuse Goddard Inquiry, expected time 3-5 years, Police Corruption 3+ years, Stephen Lawrence killing 23+ years Hillsborough Campaign now 26 years, Daniel Morgan killing 28 years Profumo Scandal, now withheld for a further 30 years =86 years, Dunblane 100 years?
It is obvious that child abuse is a world wide phenomena being covered up for years, British subjects repatriated after the War Canada, Australia, then in Europe, Belgium (Marc Dutrioux & Royal family)EU Ministers tried their utmost to halt the trail and Investigation of Rape and Murder of children, Adult witness's Suicided?
Truly repugnant behaviour by our elite echelons who are now quite prepared to reveal the lower pecking order as Sprats to the non feeding MSM?
"Look over Here, Not over there?"

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 20.07.15 17:28

Maybe so, will-o-the-wisp. But I seem to remember one D notice being challenged in H Wilson's day. D-Notices, or since the 1970s, DA notices are voluntary agreements between a government and the press not to publish certain things for national security reasons.

They MUST surely be able to be challenged by an incoming government. How EASY to put a national security blanket around information showing that a couple of your senior MPs are active paedophiles! I don't believe Theresa May would stand for that.

Since Snowden we KNOW how DA notices are abused to prevent the government in power's being embarassed.

Amaral has said the McCann case will be cleared up when M15 (or should that be M16/SIS, as the disappearance happened overseas?) decides to let it be cleared up. 

Possible reasons for a 'national security' lock by Blair/Brown strike me with reference to The McCann case

- Bigwig government paedophiles of the day involved
- Embarassing information about a senior royal person
- Phone or other records having been collected in a manner not known about by the public, or fully agreed by parliament
- Spy satellietes being invoved (unlikely)
- Underhand political agreement between UK and Portugal... some kind of shady trade off

What do others think?

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 20.07.15 17:32

By the way, Blue Bag, I concede that you are right about the weekly audiences, and the queen's probable influence that way. She has seen them all off and been around for decades! I expect Blair grovelled and practically kissed Her Madge's feet.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 20.07.15 19:50

Comperedna,
Tony Blair had to resign (sacked) by HRH and hand over the reigns in dubious circumstances to Gordon Brown, after Elizabeth had found out about how Gordon had failed to acquire a proper price for the Gold reserves he sold, Eddie George served a thirteen week prison sentence for his part in the transaction with George Bush,Richard Cheney USA Federal Reserve, any one remember Black Friday/Monday when the Banking institutions went down?
In regard to a previous Home Secretary being named this week,remember the time when he was in Government and he signed warrants,D notices of arrest against the Four directors of Matrix Churchill, procurement of illegal arms trading, that he and Michael Hesaltine, Alan Clark signed, after they had previously agreed to the Exports of the parts sanctioned by a company in the USA, Middle East?
The Four Directors were eventually cleared of any wrong doing after being extradited to USA to face the charges against them?
The Establishment will not allow KC to be discredited in the trail this week!

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 26.07.15 14:50

Hi I have posted a topic today and the moderators have moved the article to Operation Fernbridge article, I would advise any posters to take a close look at an article from the "Daily Alternative dated 26 July 2015". In this article you will find the current Prime Minister associated to a current prosecution"Perverting the Court of Justice",it would seem the wrong person is on trail, read it for your selves and make your own minds up,MSM will not go any where near reporting this article?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 26.07.15 19:24

Ameydean, Astor family connections?
Now if any one can extend the time frame to Not release the profumo papers, one David Cameron whose wife, Samantha, daughter of Lord and Lady Astor, embroiled somewhat in the scandal?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum