The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***NEW - Murdoch engaged to Jerry Hall (12 Jan 2016)*** (was: Murdoch steps down)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***NEW - Murdoch engaged to Jerry Hall (12 Jan 2016)*** (was: Murdoch steps down)

Post by lj on 11.06.15 16:07

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102730161

Rupert Murdoch, the 84-year-old chief executive officer and controlling shareholder of 21st Century Fox, is preparing to step down as CEO of the media giant and hand that title to his son James, according to numerous sources close to the Murdoch family. 
An announcement is expected in the near term, while it's unclear whether the reorganization would take place this year or at the start of 2016. Rupert Murdoch will continue to be the executive chairman of Fox, while his son Lachlan would also become an executive co-chairman of the company.
As part of the management reordering at Fox, COO Chase Carey will step down and take on a yet undefined role as an advisor at the company. Carey was widely expected to exercise his right to an early release from his contract, allowing him to leave the company at the end of this year. Now, sources tell me, he is likely to remain in some capacity through 2016. He did not return a call for comment,
While James Murdoch, 42, would take over the day-to-day management of Fox, he will work in tandem with his 43-year-old brother Lachlan and his father. Sources who have spoken with the Murdochs in recent weeks tell me they have shared their plans openly and describe the Murdoch brothers' new roles as a "partnership."
A Fox spokesperson said that the matter of succession is on the board of director's agenda at its next regularly scheduled meeting and declined further comment.
While no one doubts the elder Murdoch will still have the final say on whatever goes on at Fox, Carey's stepping down as COO will leave the company without a layer of senior management outside the family for the first time. For many years that role was filled ably by Peter Chernin, who departed as News Corp.'s COO in 2009 and was succeeded by Carey, who is widely lauded by shareholders for his management of the company's cable networks.

William West | AFP | Getty Images
Rupert Murdoch
James Murdoch, who gave up his job running BSkyB after the U.K. hacking scandal engulfed the company four years ago, has been winning fans among the Fox investor base for his work as co-COO. They tell me they believe James has matured as a leader, has a detailed knowledge of the company's operations and is the driving force behind its expansion in digital distribution. As one source who knows both James and Lachlan well described it, "James will have the primary role in running Fox while Lachlan will take on a broader strategic role from his co-chairman position."
Rupert Murdoch, who through the Murdoch Family Trust controls 39.4 percent of the voting shares at Fox, is not expected to change much of what he does day to day as chairman of both Fox and News Corp., but the change at Fox is clearly an acknowledgement that the next generation of Murdochs is ready to take its place in leading the media giant.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murdoch's retirement

Post by willowthewisp on 12.06.15 13:19

Hopefully this might end the close connection of his empire with the murky shenanigans and deceitfulness of paid shill's to further his course, back handers to ex police officers,eg killing of Daniel Morgan!?
The alleged Black mailing of former Prime Ministers,GB(personal details of his son)Tony Blair God Father to Rupert's son.
The fragrant persona of AC,RB and their close connection to the present Prime Minister, remember, Rebecca,"i'll put the Home secretary on the front page of the S**M every day untill, the Mc's get their way",persuaded eh Rebecca, Leveson?
Lord burn's mastery of the fine arts, Jury dismissed no case to answer Mr. Coulson?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW - Murdoch engaged to Jerry Hall (12 Jan 2016)*** (was: Murdoch steps down)

Post by sallypelt on 12.06.15 13:55

@willowthewisp wrote:Hopefully this might end the close connection of his empire with the murky shenanigans and deceitfulness of paid shill's to further his course, back handers to ex police officers,eg killing of Daniel Morgan!?
The alleged Black mailing of former Prime Ministers,GB(personal details of his son)Tony Blair God Father to Rupert's son.
The fragrant persona of AC,RB and their close connection to the present Prime Minister, remember, Rebecca,"i'll put the Home secretary on the front page of the S**M every day untill, the Mc's get their way",persuaded eh Rebecca, Leveson?
Lord burn's mastery of the fine arts, Jury dismissed no case to answer Mr. Coulson?
I wouldn't get too excited. A younger version of RM is standing in the wings in the form of his son James. Also, there appears to be another half to James in the shape of his brother who will be carrying on where their father left off.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW - Murdoch engaged to Jerry Hall (12 Jan 2016)*** (was: Murdoch steps down)

Post by lj on 12.06.15 14:52

I agree, Sally. On the other side who knows they have some more ethics than pa.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn gives his opinion on Rupert Murdoch's 'Sun' newspaper

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.15 22:34

Rupert Murdoch has twice tweeted in the past few days that Jeremy Corbyn will win the contest for the Labour leadership. He has even praised him (sort of) as a man of principle, even though he disagrees with much of what Corbyn stands for.

But Corbyn has decided views on Murdoch's 'newspaper', the Sun, the paper that has done most to keep the theory that Madeleine was abducted going.

In 2011, writing in the Communist Morning Star, Corbyn summed up the Sun as follows:

“A low-grade abusive tabloid whose populism and abuse of individuals was unprecedented in its ferocity and bile”.

Maybe.

But it was the Sun that serialised Kate McCann's book, 'madeleine', and published on 11 May 2011 the McCanns' letter demanding a Scotland Yard review of Madeleine's disappearance.

That - plus threats from Murdoch's then Chief Executive Officer, Rebekah Brooks, forced the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to agree to their demand

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Murdoch marriage engagement

Post by Guest on 12.01.16 7:00

News reports today that Murdoch and Jerry Hall have announced their engagement after a four-month romance.

Back to top Go down

Post by kinell on 12.01.16 7:09

Ladyinred wrote:News reports today that Murdoch and Jerry Hall have announced their engagement after a four-month romance.
What on earth does Jerry Hall see in this evil, old, wrinkly billionaire?

kinell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.01.16 7:19

@kinell, the Mrs. Merton question!

Jerry - don't do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.01.16 7:29

Around the continents with Rupert's wives

Asia - tick
North America - tick
Europe - tick
Australasia - tick

only Antarctica (only birds there are of the penguin variety) Africa and South America left.

@Ladyinred - Mrs Merton question - priceless.

Rupert's an all-rounder.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 12.01.16 7:33

@kinell wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:News reports today that Murdoch and Jerry Hall have announced their engagement after a four-month romance.

The answer is in your question "Billionaire". Plus, she'll get favourably news coverage and plenty of it.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.01.16 8:08

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

She seems to like them old and wrinkly.

Looking at Jagger and Murdoch, perhaps she's just a sucker for dimples big grin

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.01.16 8:30

@aquila wrote:Around the continents with Rupert's wives

Asia - tick
North America - tick
Europe - tick
Australasia - tick

only Antarctica (only birds there are of the penguin variety) Africa and South America left.

@Ladyinred - Mrs Merton question - priceless.

Rupert's an all-rounder.
What happened to his kung-fu wife?

She was better than a body-guard.

Oh.. hang on... I remember something about Tony Blair...

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 12.01.16 8:34

She's just topping up her bank balance. Clever girl! yes

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.01.16 8:48

@sharonl wrote:
@kinell wrote:

The answer is in your question "Billionaire". Plus, she'll get favourably news coverage and plenty of it.
Will there be a new book/screenplay/Broadway/West End Production...'The Vajazzle Monologues'?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.01.16 9:08

Ladyinred wrote:@kinell, the Mrs. Merton question!
Yes, and here is that famous Mrs Merton moment, captured at 54 secs on this interview of Debbie McGee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.01.16 10:23

awww so sweet.    Will it last though, that is the question.

Last year she was on telly with a surgeon she was very much in love with and things were very serious we were told.   Where's the surgeon now I wonder?  BTW when the surgeon first met her he had absolutely no idea who she was and had never heard of Mick Jagger, so we were told.

Aint they both a bit old to bother with an engagement.   lol.

He seems to have had a make over since teaming up with the super model.   

She's American Royalty don't ya know.    Discovered when she appeard on the Who Do You Think You are programme.  Directly descended from one of the original Founding Fathers or sumat and she was given the documentation to prove it.

I wont hold my breath waiting for the announcement of the wedding date.  

Team Jerryatric has a nice ring to it.  lol

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 12.01.16 12:46

Jerry Hall has said that discovering the man she fell in love is worth $12bn was a ‘nice surprise’.

After her engagement to octogenarian media mogul Rupert Murdoch was announced in The Times, Hall spoke of her fairy tale romance with the man behind some of the worst newspapers and TV channels in the world.

She told reporters, “I literally couldn’t be happier. I mean what little girl doesn’t dream of growing up to marry a wrinkly old man who uses his influence to ruin people’s lives and reputations on a global scale?

“I’ve got to admit, the money is a nice bonus, but I’d marry him even if he was a penniless newspaper owner, publishing horrible lies about vulnerable people from the back room of his bedsit in Hackney.

“The fact that he’s worth about $12bn is a nice bonus, sure, but it’s his unwavering commitment to making the world a worse place that really made me fall for him.

“Just look at him, what woman wouldn’t want to wake up next to that every morning?”

Hall then excused herself before retching noises were heard from the bathroom.

http://newsthump.com/2016/01/12/man-of-my-dreams-just-happens-to-be-worth-12bn-admits-jerry-hall/

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 14.01.16 23:20

Like Hugh Hefner, at his ripe old age he must have some hidden talents - wonder where he hides them.  Bets she's wondering..

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murdoch's retirement

Post by willowthewisp on 15.01.16 13:43

@Verdi wrote:Like Hugh Hefner, at his ripe old age he must have some hidden talents - wonder where he hides them.  Bets she's wondering..
It will all end in tears for someone, as Rupert will have signed a pre marriage agreement, as his clan will not let Daddies empire be usurped by a new Wife, no matter who they are?
Do not forget to take your medicine on a regular basis Rupert, especially the blue coloured one's?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.16 14:10

@willowthewisp wrote:
@Verdi wrote:Like Hugh Hefner, at his ripe old age he must have some hidden talents - wonder where he hides them.  Bets she's wondering..
It will all end in tears for someone, as Rupert will have signed a pre marriage agreement, as his clan will not let Daddies empire be usurped by a new Wife, no matter who they are?
Do not forget to take your medicine on a regular basis Rupert, especially the blue coloured one's?
If I were Jerry Hall I'd be hiding the blue tablets. laughat

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 15.01.16 14:17

@aquila wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:

He probably can't remember where they are titter

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.16 14:24

@sallypelt wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:

Better to be an old man's sweetheart than a young man's slave.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 15.01.16 15:14

@aquila wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:

Ooohh!!!  I don't know about that aquila!!!  [wink emoji]

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.16 15:31

@sar wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:

Ooohh!!!  I don't know about that aquila!!!  [wink emoji]
I feel a song coming on.....Tie a yellow diamond round this texan tree, I'll hold your hand at night, just don't touch my knee.... titter

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum