The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Amber Peat (13) is missing.

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amber Peat (13) is missing.

Post by lj on 04.06.15 0:49

Just as a general remark: depression in kids is very real and tragically often not recognized. Suicidal thoughts in children, whether or not part of a depression, is equally real. Both occur even younger than 10 years. The deep tragedy is that often it is not recognized because "children don't get depressed or suicidal".
As with adults there is not often a "reason" to have those feelings.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where did she get the rope from and how did she prepare for hanging?

Post by Cloud78 on 04.06.15 1:33

First i apologize for my English.
I'm a mother of a daughter in the age of lovely amber and i live in nottinghamshire, so i feel as if she was my daughter and i cried a lot for her today.
i can see the whole story through her sad eyes and her shoulders showing a sort of fear or uncomfort situation in the photos as many of notice. 
I was in a holiday with my children at the same time and we came back the same day/Sat.  And as a mother i can tell that there is no kind of a car-trip that is comfortable or joyfull. i mean we can have fun and good time in the hoilday but not in the car where kids are fighting and feeling bored and asking every 5 min when are we gonna be home.. it is natural in every family because everybody is exhausted and bored. When her stepdad said that there trip was great and was full of joy and that they were "laughing all the way home" i felt that there is something wrong! he was exaggerating!!! 
There is no such a trip with kids where you keep laughing all the way unless you  are getting mentaly ill :S or you are trying to cover the opposite!
(Also keep in mind her sad photos in the caravan..just ask yourself can you imagine the same girl laughing "all" the way?)
The other thing is.. they said that she left home without phone or money...then, how could she have a rope to hang herself if nobody helped her... or.. maybe forced her to do that? She wasn't prepeared for hanging.. if she was found drown in a lake or she jumped infront of a tram it could be more rational for me.. but hanging needs preparation and strength and her physical body does not help to climb and do a strong rope knot enough to kill..?
I ve been a teacher for years and i dealt with many problems of teenagers.. i think teenage girls would not attempt to commite suicide without suffering for a long time of hard emotional issues.. (not like a person laughing all the way home just hourse ago!)
even if parents are not guilty.. her life circumastances should be investigated and her friends also.. i read in a youtube comment that she was lonely in her new school.. she was bullied sometimes and she had only one friend who wasnt that close.. 
all these things should be considered in the investigation..
However the most ridiculous thing is to call the death as unsuspeciouse!!
May beloved Amber rest in peace with angles in heaven.

Cloud78

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam S on 04.06.15 6:51

Poor wee soul R.I.P The pictures released of the dead girl don't sit right with me. The press conference was uncomfortable viewing as well. I hope the police don't just rush this through as a "derpressed teenager hangs self"and move on......IMO something else is going on here.

Sam S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 04.06.15 7:43

@jeanmonroe wrote:Mo,

What made the holiday great to make her laugh so much.?
--------------------------------------------

She 'read' that the McCann's 'insisted' Madeleine 'was abducted'?

I'll get me coat

A few posters commented that this "laugh so much" quote was a strange thing to say at a press conference.

The fact she has now allegedly hung herself makes this comment very eerie. Perhaps Amber had been receiving psychiatric help or had been threatening suicide.

It is almost like stepfather was pre-empting this grisly discovery.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.06.15 8:22

@Dee75 wrote:When those pictures were first released the first thing I said to my husband was, they were taken in a caravan.  The upright, buttoned back seating is unmistakably caravan seating.

But there is a sliding patio door behind her, with the distinctive handle in the down position.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 04.06.15 8:26

@PeterMac wrote:
@Dee75 wrote:When those pictures were first released the first thing I said to my husband was, they were taken in a caravan.  The upright, buttoned back seating is unmistakably caravan seating.

But there is a sliding patio door behind her, with the distinctive handle in the down position.
There is also a tiled roof building next door.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowool on 04.06.15 8:46

It all seems fishy to me. As soon as I saw the plea the step dad seemed to be flustered and hiding something. As another poster mentioned, the laughing comment struck a chord with me. Miserable photos coupled with her being found hanged (no confirmation of her having hanged herself as yet) do not fit with the image he is trying to deliver of a girl who never stopped laughing on holiday. Someone sent me this on twitter, it down go to prove anything but another ominous sign all was not right in poor Ambers life. http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Owner-let-rabbit-starve-death-hutch-outside/story-13118547-detail/story.html

Nowool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.06.15 9:11

Step-father also has a six-year old son.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowool on 04.06.15 9:13

That article was from 2011 and the son was 2 so definitely him then.

Nowool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud78 on 04.06.15 9:14

@Nowool wrote:It all seems fishy to me. As soon as I saw the plea the step dad seemed to be flustered and hiding something. As another poster mentioned, the laughing comment struck a chord with me. Miserable photos coupled with her being found hanged (no confirmation of her having hanged herself as yet) do not fit with the image he is trying to deliver of a girl who never stopped laughing on holiday. Someone sent me this on twitter, it down go to prove anything but another ominous sign all was not right in poor Ambers life. http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Owner-let-rabbit-starve-death-hutch-outside/story-13118547-detail/story.html

Wow.. this makes sense..
So this is a case of:
An unemployed stepfather + who lied on authorities for money (so he is a proffesional lier) + who has a history of mistreaing pets + hanged child..
could all that be "unsuspicious"?

Cloud78

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.06.15 9:16

@Nowool wrote:That article was from 2011 and the son was 2 so definitely him then.
Sorry, misunderstanding.  I concluded he had a six year-old from the news report you linked.

Welcome to the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowool on 04.06.15 9:22

Oh I see. Thanks for the welcome ☺ this is another article with the outcome. I noticed he had said he had stayed out of trouble for 5 years. Intriguing to know what the previous trouble was. The person I spoke to was from the local area and said he was well known to police - speculation of course but doesn't seem unbelievable. http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Rabbit-owner-starved-pet-pay-pound-1-000/story-13207151-detail/story.html

Nowool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 04.06.15 9:24

@PeterMac wrote:

Static caravan, PeterMac? The tiled roofed building behind looks like the typical chalet type caravans seen along the N. Wales coast.

Rogue-a-Tory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 04.06.15 9:25

@nomendelta wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:That's quite shocking for a 13 year old to even contemplate that. RIP.

It is shocking however it's not that uncommon - every so often a story pops up in the news be it a 13 year old, a 12 year old...even a 10 year old. I can only surmise that everything is so intense at that age, there's no shades of grey only black and white and things that don't matter really matter.

I regularly contemplated it myself from about 14 onwards for a while, but I had an extremely unhappy home life at the time with a psycho stepfather and an unhinged mother. Not saying that is the case here, just that I can relate to situations arising where someone so young would contemplate it.

Yes I agree about depression being common in children and teens. I was seriously depressed at 14 too and most adults (even your parents) think it's just a teenage thing...or that it's for attention. It is clinical depression if you feel suicidal.  I also think it's feasible that in this case the parents thought she was just a 'moody teenager' and was OK.

I suppose the thing that I found shocking was the method used if you see what I mean, so quick and brutal for a girl.  I don't know the statistics but I would imagine that most female suicide attempts use other methods.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 04.06.15 9:28

@PeterMac wrote:

Definitely taken in a caravan IMO.

The mirror is screwed to the wall and the reflection in the mirror shows another cabinet in keeping with the way a caravan is fitted out.

I think it is a window behind (with the handle) down, and through the window the tiled roof and window of a neighbouring caravan can be seen.

Regardless of the above, in light of some recent posts, the background of the stepfather is very concerning. What has happened to drive this lovely girl to suicide ?

Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.06.15 9:30

Hey, that's funny!

I just read the article on the starving rabbit.

Look what stepfather says there, upon being found out: 'I feel gutted'

The very expression he used in the first radio interview he gave to the BBC: I (not: we, or my wife and I, or our family) feel gutted

The 'I' struck me as a red flag

PS: Women seldom hang themselves. Children seldom hang themselves. Girls hardly ever hang themselves. Girls who leave their home without their phones and without a rope even more seldom hang themselves. 

Hanging a dead person is -for obvious reasons- sometimes used in an attempt to camouflage a person having been throttled

Good hunting, you police persons out there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.06.15 9:31

Her sad death is rooted in the family dynamics, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.06.15 9:31

@Nowool wrote:It all seems fishy to me. As soon as I saw the plea the step dad seemed to be flustered and hiding something. As another poster mentioned, the laughing comment struck a chord with me. Miserable photos coupled with her being found hanged (no confirmation of her having hanged herself as yet) do not fit with the image he is trying to deliver of a girl who never stopped laughing on holiday. Someone sent me this on twitter, it down go to prove anything but another ominous sign all was not right in poor Ambers life. http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Owner-let-rabbit-starve-death-hutch-outside/story-13118547-detail/story.html
@ Nowool & Cloud78

Welcome both of you to our forum. And thank you very much @ Nowool for sharing this further information with us about 'Danny Peat'.

I notice that Amber Peat is not Danny's child but is called after him. It is common for insecure stepfathers to insist that when they take up residence with a single parent, the mother's children are known by their name, not their birth name. Having said that, of course, there are also cases where a loving man 'takes on' a family and a change of name to his nmae is desired by the child her/himself, and sometimes the man formally adopts the child as his through the courts.

I think there is no doubt that the Danny Peat involved in the fraud case is the same man.

In his earlier report, PeterMac noted that Peat was convicted by a Derbyshire court but now lives in Nottinghamshire:

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/hm-revenue-customs-hmrc/pressreleases/derbyshire-man-jailed-for-tax-fraud-1032020

Danny Thomas Peat (previously known as Daniel Dale Twells), DOB 04/01/84, of Peveril Road, Tibshelf, Alfreton, Derbyshire was sentenced at Derby Crown Court. He pleaded guilty to two counts of making false statements with intent to defraud, contrary to Common Law on February 2014 at the same court.

UNQUOTE 

I used to live in the same area. Tibshelf and Alfreton are small towns on the eastern edge of Derbyshire, right next to Mansfield which is on the western edge of Nottinghamshire. Indeed, Alfreton and Mansfield share the same rail station: 'Mansfield and Alfreton Parkway'. So it seems he moved just a few miles away.

ETA:   I suspect both the school and the Social Services Departrment would know something about the family dynamics and history here. Maybe we will hear from them at the inquest

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.06.15 9:47

One or two reports have suggested there are two other children. I don't believe it said where they were living.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 04.06.15 9:49

Tend to agree with Portia as regards hanging and the location also seems odd, not at all secluded and had been searched previously.

‘Nottinghamshire Police have now confirmed that the body found in a hedgerow’

‘Police cordoned off an area of grass between Westfield Lane and Parliament Road at around 7.30pm last night after it was alleged a dog walker had discovered a body in a hedgerow.’

If you google map the road it is a small triangle of grass in a residential area, cut in half with a bit of road, and the ‘hedgerow’ is literally that, a very narrow hedge dividing the grass from someone’s garden, with the house just a few yards away. The tent appeared to be erected quite close to the left hand side of the short hedge, closer to Westfield Lane.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 04.06.15 9:58

I just want to expand on what I said earlier about teenage depression. You can have the loveliest most supportive parents in the world and still feel depressed. A myriad of things could have happened outside the family such as bullying, sexual assault, death of a friend etc. which could cause a person to feel suicidal.

I think people being suspicious of the father are probably barking up the wrong tree here, mothers and fathers equally can be abusive or have mental health problems....although in this case I see no evidence for this to be true at the moment, again she may have been unhappy for other reasons.  
    In a case like Tia Sharp's where the step- grandfather said he was the last to see her go out , she went to town and no-one, and no CCTV could back his version, I was suspicious. In this case where the two parents are saying the same thing, she went out abruptly with no phone or money and was found a short distance, it doesn't lead me personally to see anything suspicious on their part.

Also on the subject of hanging, I thought it would be uncommon for a young girl but about a third of female suicides use that method. 

There has been alot of talk about the hedge where she was found both here and elsewhere as if it was impossible she would not be seen...how does anyone know how dense the bushes were?   People may be taking the 'hanging' thing too literally, a person doesn't neccesarily have to be hanging miles off the ground in a large clear space to have carried it out.  The police are hardly going to realise photos of the scene so people can work out exactky what happened!

All in all I see nothing in this case to indicate the parents have given false accounts or where somehow directly involved in what happened.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 04.06.15 10:55

Ladyinred wrote:Her sad death is rooted in the family dynamics, IMO.

Please quit doing this as I find it offensive as a relative of a suicide victim. As I have said suicide is just that. A tragic choice. I have no doubt there are a myriad of contributory factors, but to attempt to lay the blame on one or more people is wrong.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 04.06.15 11:11

How very sad, but not unusual according to this article:

Teen Depression

Why is it on the Increase?

Childhood and teen depression is a reality. This is one of the most alarming facts to come from all the research; depression is affecting younger and younger people - adolescents and teenagers. (1) Here we look at why, and what we can do about it.
Twenty years ago depression in children was almost unknown. Now the fastest rate of increase in depression is among young people. Again, this backs up the fact that most depression is not caused by chemical imbalances, whether in adolescents, teenagers or adults.
What we are seeing are changes in society where basic needs (see later in the Depression Learning Path) for companionship, healthy goals, responsibility, connection to others and meaning are not automatically met. Children, adolescents and teens are fed a constant diet of images showing how we are meant to look, sound and be, and told that this is important in life. Meaning is attached to what they have, or look like, rather than what they do, or achieve.
Regardless of our own affluence, we see what those at the 'top' have and are told we should have it too, without thought for the tools or strategies to go about achieving it. During childhood, teenage years and particularly adolescence, pressure to conform with peers can be almost intolerably strong. If children feel different, inadequate or deprived in some way, then depression may result, depending on how they deal with it.

Teenage Depression and Suicide

• Suicide amongst teenagers & young adults has increase 3 fold since 1970. (2)
  • 90% of suicide amongst teenagers had a diagnosable mental illness, depression being the most common.
  • In 1996 suicide was the 4th biggest killer of 10 to 14 year olds, and the 3rd biggest killer of 15 to 24 year olds.

It is clear that not only are young people becoming more depressed, they are responding to this depression by killing themselves. The high rate of suicide may be due to the intense pressures felt by teenagers, coupled with a lack of life experiences that tell them that situations, however bad, tend to get better with time. They are also less likely to possess more subtle thinking styles, being prone to the more extreme, 'all or nothing' style of thinking. As we will see, this can be a major factor in depression.

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/depression-information/teen-depression/

We don't know the reasons surrounding Amber's suicide if that is the final outcome of this case, but depression could certainly factor in to the circumstances of her death. I don't think a teen one day suddenly decides to take their own life, there are usually circumstances leading up to that over a period of time, IMO.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.06.15 11:21

@Benion wrote:

Please quit doing this as I find it offensive as a relative of a suicide victim. As I have said suicide is just that. A tragic choice. I have no doubt there are a myriad of contributory factors, but to attempt to lay the blame on one or more people is wrong.
You have been very courageous in sharing some family details with us all - and I hope fellow-members will respect your views as expressed above. 

I think many more details will emerge about Amber's death in the days and weeks to come, by which time we will be better informed.

The Inquest, above all, will be the place to explore the sequence of events that led to her death.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 04.06.15 11:29

@Benion wrote:

My heartfelt condolences on your loss. And i totally agree, that families that have suffered such a tragedy might never really know why it happened that way.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum