The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Amber Peat (13) is missing.

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amber Peat (13) is missing.

Post by Joss on 06.06.15 15:48

@joyce1938 wrote:Yes I feel we need to use a bit of caution of whom we accuse here. So easy to have got to be cynical over this problem of trying to work out truth of what may have occurred there. Don't let us get to that point ,kids do often take against step parents ,just because ,they don't even know why themselves sometimes. joyce1938
Hi joyce, I agree, kids can have big problems with step parents, especially if they are older children and are more aware of what's going on. They can become very resentful and very unhappy in such a situation, and never accepting of someone who is not their biological parent. In this case we do know Amber had a step father. What we don't know is what her relationship with him was like, as we are not privy to that info. He may have been a great step dad, or he may not have been, depending on how Amber took to the relationship with him. The teen years are difficult enough for adolescents, and sadly many do commit suicide these days, even if they don't have any step parents.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 06.06.15 15:51

Being suicidal, a suicide is a very complex process thing. Often it is not understandable even for people close. Look at Robin Williams for example.

Having a stepdad does not have to be difficult. My nieces have a stepdad. The funny thing is their mom has been asked, by people who don't know that and think he is the biological father, how she trained him so well: he is so involved in their lives and both sides clearly love each other so much that other families are jealous.

A suicide at 13 is deeply tragic, that's all we know and we should leave it at that.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 06.06.15 15:55

@lj wrote:Being suicidal, a suicide is a very complex process thing. Often it is not understandable even for people close. Look at Robin Williams for example.

Having a stepdad does not have to be difficult. My nieces have a stepdad. The funny thing is their mom has been asked, by people who don't know that and think he is the biological father, how she trained him so well: he is so involved in their lives and both sides clearly love each other so much that other families are jealous.

A suicide at 13 is deeply tragic, that's all we know and we should leave it at that.
I'll second that and just remind people there is no post mortem report yet and no inquest.

This young girl, found dead deserves better than speculation on a public forum imo.

People's posts here are very interesting - just don't attach them to this little girl.

Start a new and generic topic if need be.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 06.06.15 15:57

@lj wrote:Being suicidal, a suicide is a very complex process thing. Often it is not understandable even for people close. Look at Robin Williams for example.

I agree lj, there is nothing more to be said than that.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 07.06.15 11:51

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3114110/Father-tragic-Amber-Peat-learned-13-year-old-daughter-run-away-home-read-Facebook.html

Amber's biological father was not informed of her disappearance and found out on social media the day before her body was discovered.

I am shocked the police liaison officers did not inform him as soon as Amber went missing. As the biological father, he had every right to know.

I would also imagine that when Amber was missing the possibility she was staying with her biological dad, or had been abducted by him, should have been a top priority.

Shameful and also very odd.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 07.06.15 12:47

I should add a friend of mine had something similar recently with her girl, who turned up safe and well. She had gone off to stay at her new boyfriend's house.
They involved the police when she was missing and the first thing the police did was contact the biological dad and check his house out as it was a possibility she had gone off to live with him. 
So very strange the police did not do that here.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.06.15 13:53

Assuming they knew were he lived.
No contact since they moved to Mansfield . . .
And again no mention of the siblings in this piece. where are they ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 07.06.15 14:00

In my friend's case no-one knew were dad lived. Him and the in-laws all have Facebook accounts, but when the police contacted him he refused to confirm or deny his daughter was there and refused to give his address to the police. So the police hunted him down as a top priority. Turned out he was nothing to do with the disappearance and was just being difficult.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 07.06.15 14:08

My friend's case may however have been treated differently as there were genuine concerns regarding the biological father being a risk which I cannot go into.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 07.06.15 15:10

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-32973641

This report says that the police were liaising with colleagues in Scotland which presumably involved contacting the father.

Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 07.06.15 15:13

I think it is very sad all of this. A child should have 2 parents and even if the parents separate, dad should always have regular contact, unless there is a serious safeguarding reason.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 11.06.15 8:28

11:21
Wednesday 10 June 2015

An inquest in to the death of Mansfield girl Amber Peat has been adjourned, pending a ‘full investigation by police and other agencies’.

The 13-year-old went missing from her Bosworth Street home on Saturday 30th May, and her body was found three days later in bushes off Westfield Lane, less than a mile away.

Dr Mairin Casey, senior coroner for Nottinghamshire, spoke at the brief hearing held at Nottingham’ Council House and said that the youngster’s body was formally identified by Amber’s mother, Kelly Peat (34).

A pathologist’s report declared there was no evidence of ‘natural diseases that contributed to her death’ and that an external examination found ligature marks around the neck, which the pathologist had said the cause of death was ‘most likely hanging’.

However, Dr Casey said histology and toxicology test results were still yet to be returned to find if there were any other ‘potential contributory factors’, following the investigation by the police.

The inquest was adjourned, although no date was fixed for the next hearing.

No members of Amber’s family were present during the initial hearing.

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/inquest-opened-in-to-tragic-mansfield-teen-amber-peat-1-7302162

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 11.06.15 8:34

@Doug D wrote:A pathologist’s report declared there was no evidence of ‘natural diseases that contributed to her death’ and that an external examination found ligature marks around the neck, which the pathologist had said the cause of death was ‘most likely hanging’.
The ligature itself would be a big clue surely?

She was found with it?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 15.08.15 8:24

From the ‘Controversy' FB site:

AMBER PEAT: Child board admit they are investigating a ‘serious case review’

Update 10:31
Friday 14 August 2015
Published 15:12
Thursday 13 August 2015

The Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board has admitted that the case involving Amber Peat is under a ‘serious case review’.

According to Nottinghamshire County Council, a serious case review takes place ‘when a child dies or is seriously injured, and abuse or neglect are known or suspected to be factors in the death’.

The Chad exclusively revealed that the tragic teenager’s family was at the heart of a probe, and that her stepfather, Danny Peat, had left the family home on Bosworth Street.

Details about the case had been leaked to the Chad. For the full story here:

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/amber-peat-family-investigated-after-tragic-teen-s-death-1-7404551

Nottinghamshire County Council had said they would not comment on individual cases, but this afternoon, Thursday, August 13, the chairman of the independent Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board, Chris Few, admitted: “Following the sad death of Amber Peat in June of this year, the Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board is conducting a serious case review.

“The review will look at whether anything can be learned from this tragic event which could lead to improvements in the way that agencies work together to protect children in Nottinghamshire.”

Amber was found hanged in a hedgerow three days after she stormed out of her home on Saturday, May 30.

Police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the cause of her death.

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/amber-peat-child-board-admit-they-are-investigating-a-serious-case-review-1-7408675

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 21.08.15 10:06

'Extended family' have given a story to the media in which it says more or less she was bullied by the stepfather and made to do insessant chores and punishments.  It also says the step dad had a conviction for animal cruelty.

I did think she looked sad in those photos, personally I think so many children are unhappy when a parent just moves a new mum or dad into there lives, they have no choice but to go along with it and the original parent only seems to think of themselves. Very sad.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.08.15 10:16

"No suspicious circumstances"
(Not a suspect)
Now "Removed from the house / family"

watch closely

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 21.08.15 10:24

@PeterMac wrote:"No suspicious circumstances"
(Not a suspect)

watch closely

I'm watching but surely the 'no suspicious circumstances' thing is because no violence was inflicted on the body and there was no forensic evidence of anyone else being there?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.08.15 12:24

I'm watching too.  Many of us felt that the family dynamic was at the core of her sad death.

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 21.08.15 12:31

@PeterMac wrote:"No suspicious circumstances"
(Not a suspect)

watch closely
How can they remove him rom the house ? If he don't want to move, how can they make him without arresting him ?

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 21.08.15 14:05

Jozi:

‘How can they remove him from the house ? If he don't want to move, how can they make him without arresting him ?’

From The Mail article:

‘Amber’s stepfather, the man who spoke so lovingly about her in front of the cameras, has, for the time being, been removed from the family home by social services and is not allowed unsupervised contact with Amber’s younger sister, 12-year-old Riley.’

Must be Court Orders involved.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 24.08.15 11:22

Seemingly ‘confirmation’ that a Child Protection Order has been made.

(Posted by Guinea Pig over the way):

This is what Amber's natural father has to say on Facebook.

Amber Peat - Little Angel
4 August at 14:22 · Edited ·
These words are from Amber's dear father. I hope you get justice Adrian. Thank you for sharing.
"I've got my answers and still I've had to fight to even speak to my other daughter.
Crazy that after 3 years of looking that I find amber has hung herself over a cool box!
No as her mother is making things hard for me its now my turn as I think it's disgusting that she still keeps my other daughter away from me.
Facts not fiction & certainly not an opinion.
1. Social services investigated the household last year bit they moved!
2. Amber had previously asked for me but no contact nothing.
3. Danny removed for neglect & sevear punishment week after amber found.
4. Child protection order in place.
5. Ambers surname is pick ford as I'm her farther & I'm on birth certificate yet have no parental rights.
6. Social services are ducking idiots.
7. There you go amber your voice is public
Love you lots
Dad
Xxxxxxx"

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 28.08.15 10:19

@Doug D wrote:Seemingly ‘confirmation’ that a Child Protection Order has been made.

(Posted by Guinea Pig over the way):

This is what Amber's natural father has to say on Facebook.

Amber Peat - Little Angel
4 August at 14:22 · Edited ·
These words are from Amber's dear father. I hope you get justice Adrian. Thank you for sharing.
"I've got my answers and still I've had to fight to even speak to my other daughter.
Crazy that after 3 years of looking that I find amber has hung herself over a cool box!
No as her mother is making things hard for me its now my turn as I think it's disgusting that she still keeps my other daughter away from me.
Facts not fiction & certainly not an opinion.
1. Social services investigated the household last year bit they moved!
2. Amber had previously asked for me but no contact nothing.
3. Danny removed for neglect & sevear punishment week after amber found.
4. Child protection order in place.
5. Ambers surname is pick ford as I'm her farther & I'm on birth certificate yet have no parental rights.
6. Social services are ducking idiots.
7. There you go amber your voice is public
Love you lots
Dad
Xxxxxxx"
So so sad Doug D,

No one should stop the other parent from being part of their childs life, ever !!! As for the Social Services that's another story !

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum