The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by sallypelt on 23.05.15 9:45

I read this thread, yesterday, intermittently throughout the day, and I thought to myself why keep the thread going by responding to him/her. I would have said my  piece and after that, I would have said "refer to my early post" because from what I was reading, the thread was just going round in circles.


Rant over spin

sallypelt

Posts : 3299
Reputation : 522
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by plebgate on 24.05.15 18:47

@sallypelt wrote:I read this thread, yesterday, intermittently throughout the day, and I thought to myself why keep the thread going by responding to him/her. I would have said my  piece and after that, I would have said "refer to my early post" because from what I was reading, the thread was just going round in circles.


Rant over spin
Yes it was pretty clear what was going on and I think it was a response to onehand's post giving their take on the legal position.

As aquila posted earlier on in the thread, no point trying to argue with a poster like Oxfordbloo - leave it the real lawyers who understand Portugese law.

Anyway as the money is still coming in, it clearly didn't work.

Oxfordbloo blew it.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by PeterMac on 24.05.15 21:16

Why do they do it ?
Who is paying them to do it ?

They only pick the most sensitive issues
Dogs
Curtains, shutters, window of opportunity
Last Photo
First Photo
Judgment

The ones that really hurt.
And attack and try to disrupt those.
Do we see a pattern emerging ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Out of the woods on 26.05.15 8:29

I was surprised when OxfordBloo accused me of talking rubbish after I had agreed with one of the main points that he or she was making. However, while I realise that I am in a minority on this, I thought OB made some fair observations re the fact that the judgment was made on the basis of Portuguese law. A Portuguese judge is more likely to be an expert in that than we are. Therefore, a successful appeal is a long way from being a formality

Out of the woods

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by plebgate on 26.05.15 8:38

One Portugese judge ( more likely to be an expert on Pt. law) has already had her original decision overturned by the appeal court judges (banning the book).   Whose to say that it wont happen again?

Question is, who was feeding Oxfordbloo, the so called expert analysis on Pt. law?   Oxfordbloo would not reveal his sources, therefore I take no notice of posters who are not up front about things.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by aquila on 26.05.15 8:39

@Out of the woods wrote:I was surprised when OxfordBloo accused me of talking rubbish after I had agreed with one of the main points that he or she was making. However, while I realise that I am in a minority on this, I thought OB made some fair observations re the fact that the judgment was made on the basis of Portuguese law. A Portuguese judge is more likely to be an expert in that than we are. Therefore, a successful appeal is a long way from being a formality
I think you're in need of explaining the above but somehow I think OxfordBloo is alive and kicking on the forum with a few little 'helpers' to keep things on simmer.

I apologise in advance for my forthright challenge to your post but no-one other than Portuguese lawyers understand Portuguese law and I do feel that there is an undercurrent of being told supporting Goncalo Amaral is pitching one's ladder against the wrong wall, which I find disturbing.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Out of the woods on 26.05.15 8:56

@aquila wrote:I apologise in advance for my forthright challenge to your post but no-one other than Portuguese lawyers understand Portuguese law
And that is exactly my point

Out of the woods

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by BlueBag on 26.05.15 9:01

@Out of the woods wrote:I was surprised when OxfordBloo accused me of talking rubbish after I had agreed with one of the main points that he or she was making. However, while I realise that I am in a minority on this, I thought OB made some fair observations re the fact that the judgment was made on the basis of Portuguese law. A Portuguese judge is more likely to be an expert in that than we are. Therefore, a successful appeal is a long way from being a formality
A new member!

With a minority point of view.

BlueBag

Posts : 3419
Reputation : 1267
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Out of the woods on 26.05.15 9:13

Yes, casual readers of the forum may decide to join because they read something that makes them feel they can contribute to the discussion by offering an alternative point of view. Just as I did. As Aquila said, the only people who truly understand Portuguese law are Portuguese lawyers, but there appear to be several posters explaining why the judge got it wrong

Out of the woods

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by aquila on 26.05.15 9:19

@Out of the woods wrote:
@aquila wrote:I apologise in advance for my forthright challenge to your post but no-one other than Portuguese lawyers understand Portuguese law
And that is exactly my point
There are obviously grounds for appeal. How can anyone appeal without the financial means to enable it?

Whether you agree with GA or not, he deserves better than to be gagged by highly paid lawyers in UK/Portugal paid for by a Fund made up of public donations thinking it was to assist the search for Madeleine/income from suing the UK Press/perhaps other means. It's an attempt to cut off his tongue. The UK media (the whores) have done nothing but denigrate the man. In the last few weeks he was described as a monster in a UK tabloid headline. £500k was paid from Madeleine's Fund to keep Madeleine on the front pages for a year. Clarence Mitchell has been paid something like half a million to become the McCann spokesman.

It's all about fair play.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by BlueBag on 26.05.15 9:20

@Out of the woods wrote:Yes, casual readers of the forum may decide to join because they read something that makes them feel they can contribute to the discussion by offering an alternative point of view. 
Whatever.

BlueBag

Posts : 3419
Reputation : 1267
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Guest on 26.05.15 9:26

Out of the woodwork.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Out of the woods on 26.05.15 9:53

@aquila wrote:
@Out of the woods wrote:
@aquila wrote:I apologise in advance for my forthright challenge to your post but no-one other than Portuguese lawyers understand Portuguese law
And that is exactly my point
There are obviously grounds for appeal.
First you say the only people who understand Portuguese law are Portuguese lawyers, now you say there are "obviously" grounds for appeal. Are you a Portuguese lawyer, Aquila? If not, I think we had better both withdraw from the discussion, because I'm not either

Out of the woods

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by aquila on 26.05.15 10:00

@Out of the woods wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Out of the woods wrote:
@aquila wrote:I apologise in advance for my forthright challenge to your post but no-one other than Portuguese lawyers understand Portuguese law
And that is exactly my point
There are obviously grounds for appeal.
First you say the only people who truly understand Portuguese law are Portuguese lawyers, now you say there are "obviously" grounds for appeal. Are you a Portuguese lawyer, Aquila? If not, I think we had better both withdraw from the discussion, because I'm not either
I've tried being diplomatic.

I have absolutely no desire to enter into a pointless debate with you. It's obvious why you are here.

PS. There are obviously grounds for an appeal as Goncalo Amaral has stated he will appeal.

Not another word from me to you.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Out of the woods on 26.05.15 10:01

Nor me to you, I've made my point

Out of the woods

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by plebgate on 26.05.15 11:31

@Out of the woods wrote:Yes, casual readers of the forum may decide to join because they read something that makes them feel they can contribute to the discussion by offering an alternative point of view. Just as I did. As Aquila said, the only people who truly understand Portuguese law are Portuguese lawyers, but there appear to be several posters explaining why the judge got it wrong
Red highlighting - the difference being that onehand stated that they did not know Pt. law thoroughly and posted the possibility on what grounds an appeal could be made and I believe this is the view of a couple of other posters too although they did not afaik state it for sure.

Whereas Oxfordbloo seemed to be stating that he was being advised by somebody who knew Pt. law and that what he was posting was fact therefore could be interpreted by posters (and some did) that an appeal was pointless which, as has been said, clearly isn't as Rocky would not have announced that he was going to appeal.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Joss on 26.05.15 11:58

@plebgate wrote:
@Out of the woods wrote:Yes, casual readers of the forum may decide to join because they read something that makes them feel they can contribute to the discussion by offering an alternative point of view. Just as I did. As Aquila said, the only people who truly understand Portuguese law are Portuguese lawyers, but there appear to be several posters explaining why the judge got it wrong
Red highlighting - the difference being that onehand stated that they did not know Pt. law thoroughly and posted the possibility on what grounds an appeal could be made and I believe this is the view of a couple of other posters too although they did not afaik state it for sure.

Whereas Oxfordbloo seemed to be stating that he was being advised by somebody who knew Pt. law and that what he was posting was fact therefore could be interpreted by posters (and some did) that an appeal was pointless which, as has been said, clearly isn't as Rocky would not have announced that he was going to appeal.
If you read back on the thread i don't think OxfordBloo stated that it was pointless for GA to appeal, but that he should only make his appeal about the damages amount that was determined by the judge that should be paid to the McC's. But that anything else to be appealed was probably pointless. Thats what i understood anyway.

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by plebgate on 26.05.15 12:14

@Joss wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@Out of the woods wrote:Yes, casual readers of the forum may decide to join because they read something that makes them feel they can contribute to the discussion by offering an alternative point of view. Just as I did. As Aquila said, the only people who truly understand Portuguese law are Portuguese lawyers, but there appear to be several posters explaining why the judge got it wrong
Red highlighting - the difference being that onehand stated that they did not know Pt. law thoroughly and posted the possibility on what grounds an appeal could be made and I believe this is the view of a couple of other posters too although they did not afaik state it for sure.

Whereas Oxfordbloo seemed to be stating that he was being advised by somebody who knew Pt. law and that what he was posting was fact therefore could be interpreted by posters (and some did) that an appeal was pointless which, as has been said, clearly isn't as Rocky would not have announced that he was going to appeal.
If you read back on the thread i don't think OxfordBloo stated that it was pointless for GA to appeal, but that he should only make his appeal about the damages amount that was determined by the judge that should be paid to the McC's. But that anything else to be appealed was probably pointless. Thats what i understood anyway.
I agree Joss, I don't think he said it outright - that is why I said it could be interpreted by posters as he was apparently  being advised by someone who knew Pt. law but would not say who.

GGEG did post that it was probably Debunker - say no more afaiac.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns v Amaral trial is NOT LIBEL!

Post by Joss on 26.05.15 12:20

@plebgate wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@Out of the woods wrote:Yes, casual readers of the forum may decide to join because they read something that makes them feel they can contribute to the discussion by offering an alternative point of view. Just as I did. As Aquila said, the only people who truly understand Portuguese law are Portuguese lawyers, but there appear to be several posters explaining why the judge got it wrong
Red highlighting - the difference being that onehand stated that they did not know Pt. law thoroughly and posted the possibility on what grounds an appeal could be made and I believe this is the view of a couple of other posters too although they did not afaik state it for sure.

Whereas Oxfordbloo seemed to be stating that he was being advised by somebody who knew Pt. law and that what he was posting was fact therefore could be interpreted by posters (and some did) that an appeal was pointless which, as has been said, clearly isn't as Rocky would not have announced that he was going to appeal.
If you read back on the thread i don't think OxfordBloo stated that it was pointless for GA to appeal, but that he should only make his appeal about the damages amount that was determined by the judge that should be paid to the McC's. But that anything else to be appealed was probably pointless. Thats what i understood anyway.
I agree Joss, I don't think he said it outright - that is why I said it could be interpreted by posters as he was apparently  being advised by someone who knew Pt. law but would not say who.

GGEG did post that it was probably Debunker - say no more afaiac.
Yeah, for someone that had a Pt. legal advisory service at their fingertips, OB sure was trying hard to reinforce their POV, smilie  Have no idea who Debunker is, but i believe people sooner or later show their true colors.

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum