The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Fund now more than £17,500

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fund now more than £17,500

Post by Joss on 25.05.15 17:37

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:Some people may not be aware of who Leanne Baulch is, especially if they don't use Facebook or Twitter - many of us do know who she is because we use facebook and can see which groups she is a member of, mine being one of them, so isn't it only right that questions are asked about someone who suddenly sets up a fund asking for £25k when there is already the PJGA fund in existence for the very same purpose?

In Verdi's defence he doesn't know Leanne and clearly wasn't aware of LG's explanation about the Fund so I don't think it's unreasonable to have doubts and ask questions http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11245p230-brits-already-forking-out-en-masse-for-maddie-cop-libel-appeal#310496

I didn't have any doubts at all about donating via that site as I know Leanne, and I recognised many familiar names who were also donating, and am very pleased she set it up as it's easier (for me, anyway) to donate there than the PJGA site and it's fantastic to see the total going up (so fast!!) - nearly £21,000 in just 26 days!

Some of the money donated to Leanne's gofundme site has already been transferred to the PJGA Fund account and kazlux from MaddieCaseFiles forum has written a thank you note: http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/thank-you_6.html?m=1

Hopefully this issue has now been resolved.
Thankyou for the clarification Get'emGoncalo. Certainly don't do FB or Twitter, but sometimes read the twitter feed. Good to know all is legit for those not sure.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 25.05.15 17:46

A saint of a "troll" has knocked the fund to over £21,000

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.05.15 17:47

The Fund has just leapt over the £21k barrier.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FUND GOES OVER £21,000

Post by sallypelt on 25.05.15 17:48

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 25.05.15 17:50

@aquila wrote:The Fund has just leapt over the £21k barrier.
The kindness of strangers is unbelievable.

There was a saying, when I was a child, when  times were tough, and that was, and still is no doubt, "if he doesn't come Himself, he'll send"

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.05.15 17:52

Thanks GGEG.

I don't do twitter but I read early on from the twitter feed after someone on there had queried whether Leanne was kosher or not.  
Someone quickly posted a link to say she was and what would happen with the money donated.

Daryl Dixon also on this site raised the issue on the other thread and there was a link provided and since then there have been another couple of queries.

Maybe the two threads could be merged so that there is no further misunderstanding.

Also it would be good if people could make it clear from the outset if they have previously been on the forum and posted under a different name.  

I do find it strange that someone would leave this site because they were disgusted with other members who have since left.

Why not stay and support the site, makes more sense to me, but I can understand why posters (like me) get suspicious when others appear not to be being up front about things.

EDITED TO ADD:  We are still none the wiser as to verdi's previous name, could be someone we had previously disagreed with.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 25.05.15 18:38

So what happens once the fund for Goncalo Amaral's defence reaches its targeted amount? Will people be asked to cease donating?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.05.15 18:46

@Joss wrote:So what happens once the fund for Goncalo Amaral's defence reaches its targeted amount? Will people be asked to cease donating?
Joss, dear Joss, you are on this forum morning noon and night. You know this question has been asked before and has been answered.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 25.05.15 18:48

The fund certainly has been a great effort in support of GA. It should leave TM in no doubt hopefully whom the public is now supporting. I definitely think the tide has turned now people are aware of how the McC's have treated GA and they are disgusted with the way he has been gagged and had his life financially destroyed by TM, with the seizure of his assets for 5+ years now, and how also GA's family have suffered through the actions of those people too. If its not about the money for them, then why didn't they demand a public apology for hurting their feelings instead?
People are waking up as to what this has really all been about. Not really much about a missing child, IMO.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 25.05.15 18:54

Leanne said she will join the forum later on tonight when she gets home and will answer your questions.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 25.05.15 18:59

@aquila wrote:
@Joss wrote:So what happens once the fund for Goncalo Amaral's defence reaches its targeted amount? Will people be asked to cease donating?
Joss, dear Joss, you are on this forum morning noon and night. You know this question has been asked before and has been answered.
Aquila, LOL, actually No i haven't recalled seeing anything about the answer to my question, perhaps you could direct me to where i could find that? The times i am on this forum is  because i live on the other side of the world to you, if you are in the U.K., have you not heard of the different time zones overseas? And i also don't specifically follow every post about the fund for GA.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 25.05.15 19:00

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:Leanne said she will join the forum later on tonight when she gets home and will answer your questions.
That is kind of her.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.05.15 19:03

Today is Missing Children's Day

Here is a snip from Missing People's page on today's 'The Big Tweet'

Get involved with The Big Tweet 2015
A staggering 140,000 children go missing in the UK every year.
Every year on International Missing Children’s Day (25 May), we harness the power of Twitter to help find missing children via The Big Tweet for Missing Children.
The public retweet our appeals for missing children, which are issued every 30 minutes for 24 hours.

A staggering 140,000 children go missing in the UK every year it is claimed by Missing People and yet only 140 are shown on Missing Kids. Some of those are years and years old. So where is the evidence of 140,000 children going missing and harnessing the power of twitter to find the children not mentioned on Missing Kids?

Keep donating is the message.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 25.05.15 19:20

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:Some people may not be aware of who Leanne Baulch is, especially if they don't use Facebook or Twitter - many of us do know who she is because we use facebook and can see which groups she is a member of, mine being one of them, so isn't it only right that questions are asked about someone who suddenly sets up a fund asking for £25k when there is already the PJGA fund in existence for the very same purpose?

In Verdi's defence he doesn't know Leanne and clearly wasn't aware of LG's explanation about the Fund so I don't think it's unreasonable to have doubts and ask questions http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11245p230-brits-already-forking-out-en-masse-for-maddie-cop-libel-appeal#310496

I didn't have any doubts at all about donating via that site as I know Leanne, and I recognised many familiar names who were also donating, and am very pleased she set it up as it's easier (for me, anyway) to donate there than the PJGA site and it's fantastic to see the total going up (so fast!!) - nearly £21,000 in just 26 days!

Some of the money donated to Leanne's gofundme site has already been transferred to the PJGA Fund account and kazlux from MaddieCaseFiles forum has written a thank you note: http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/thank-you_6.html?m=1

Hopefully this issue has now been resolved.
My sincere thanks for such a fair judgement.  You are absolutely correct, I had never heard of Leanne Baulch until this fund popped-up out of nowhere, nor do I have any involvement with twitter or facebook so I haven't a clue what goes on, unless somebody posts up a tweet it's all a complete mystery to me - not my scene I'm afraid.

Thank you also for taking time out to clarify the validity of the fund, that is all I needed to know.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 25.05.15 19:21

@aquila wrote:Today is Missing Children's Day

Every year on International Missing Children’s Day (25 May), we harness the power of Twitter to help find missing children via The Big Tweet for Missing Children.
The public retweet our appeals for missing children, which are issued every 30 minutes for 24 hours.

A staggering 140,000 children go missing in the UK every year it is claimed by Missing People and yet only 140 are shown on Missing Kids. Some of those are years and years old. So where is the evidence of 140,000 children going missing and harnessing the power of twitter to find the children not mentioned on Missing Kids?

And why isn't Madeleine's photograph on the site?

https://www.facebook.com/ISPCCChildline/photos/a.129567053738292.19469.109912082370456/1066157646745890/?type=1&hc_location=ufi

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.05.15 19:24

@Nina wrote:
@aquila wrote:Today is Missing Children's Day

And why isn't Madeleine's photograph on the site?

https://www.facebook.com/ISPCCChildline/photos/a.129567053738292.19469.109912082370456/1066157646745890/?type=1&hc_location=ufi
Madeleine's photograph is on the Missing Kids website - almost at the end.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 25.05.15 19:40

@Joss wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Ashwarya wrote:Shades of McCann tactics here, I think.  I am sure there is at least one person on their payroll dedicated to discrediting anything that might alleviate the desperate plight of Goncalo Amaral.  Surely anyone genuinely in doubt about Leanne's fund would find their way to the PJGA website to check out what they had to say, and then there would be no need to raise any doubts in public.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/
Ashwarya, I resent that comment if directed at me, which it appears very much to be as I'm the one that asked a question.

For your information I have no allegiance with the McCann faction in any way shape or form.  If as a member you care to check my profile statistics,  past comments should clarify exactly where I stand on the subject!  I have read the link you posted and I'm totally aware of Dr. Amaral's plight resulting from the McCanns avaricious, evil and vindictive motives.  That has nothing to do with my orignal question.

I said I wasn't going to speak on the subject again but I won't be subjcted to false unfounded insinuations without defending myself.  I find it deeply offensive to be accused of being associated with the McCann support network.   Nina has now made the position clear, I have no desire to continue the subject.  Be assured I meant no malice.

As an aside, I taken great pains in the past to defend this forum against unreasonable accusations of having an agenda or being a closed shop or people not being welcome unless they toe the line or being closet McCann'ites - please don't give me cause to regret supporting you guys.
Verdi, IMO you don't need to justify yourself. Its a public forum, not a courtroom, lol, don't worry about it, i for one enjoy posting with you and look forward to reading your well thought out posts, :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm beginning to lose the will to live.  I'm going down the boozer at least they know I'm the genuine article!

Bottoms up!
Hey Verdi, don't you be thinking like that now. I am a survivor and if i can find the will to live so can you. I have been through it and sometimes don't know why i am still here, but i am, and there is a reason. Have a drink for me too while you are there, take care. empathy
This is your lucky day!  I've had more than one for you, in fact I've had several so don't go getting all loose tongued.

Believe me I've been hanged, drawn and quartered over this case on some trifling little venue that feigns to liberally discuss the Madeleine McCann case (ha blooming ha).  I've even been accused of being firmly ensconced right up TB's rear quarters - don't know who would suffer more from such a seemingly impossible physical contortion, all sounds a bit yucky to me.

OMG me me me , I'm beginning to sound like shush...  you know who!  Back to business before I'm accused of being an alter ego.  Byeee!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 25.05.15 19:49

@plebgate wrote:Thanks GGEG.

I don't do twitter but I read early on from the twitter feed after someone on there had queried whether Leanne was kosher or not.  
Someone quickly posted a link to say she was and what would happen with the money donated.

Daryl Dixon also on this site raised the issue on the other thread and there was a link provided and since then there have been another couple of queries.

Maybe the two threads could be merged so that there is no further misunderstanding.

Also it would be good if people could make it clear from the outset if they have previously been on the forum and posted under a different name.  

I do find it strange that someone would leave this site because they were disgusted with other members who have since left.

Why not stay and support the site, makes more sense to me, but I can understand why posters (like me) get suspicious when others appear not to be being up front about things.

EDITED TO ADD:  We are still none the wiser as to verdi's previous name, could be someone we had previously disagreed with.
For goodness sake, if you're going to stay on my back just throw on a saddle and ride me into dodge city for a shoot out.  I've tried to be honest, what do you want blood?

You'll need to indulge your own imagination if you want further information cos you ain't getting it from me!  This is getting very tiresome, drop it eh?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeanneBaulch on 25.05.15 20:13

Hi there,

I'm very new to JillHaverns, and not good at working out how to use this sort of forum, but I think I'm in the right place?

Firstly, just to confirm, I'm not new to the case, I've followed it for a few years. I am known on Facebook and Twitter, but evidently not on here.

Secondly, any money donated via the GoFundMe goes directly to the PJGA account, which has been in place since 2009. I do not see any of the money, and that can be confirmed if you contact Astro via the PJGA website. Although they have confirmed they are receiving the money already.

I apologise if it hasn't already been made clear, I should have joined here sooner to explain it to those that don't use twitter or Facebook.

If you have any further questions then I'm happy to answer them. I'm just the GoFundMe organiser, I don't see any money, and I'm not part of PJGA. Just someone that was desperate to help a man in his fight for justice, I contacted Astro with the idea before I set up the site.

Thanks for getting in touch with me Jill, I hope that has cleared up a few queries xx

LeanneBaulch

View user profile http://gofund.me/Legal-DefencePJGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 25.05.15 20:21

Hi Leanne, thanks for coming over to explain the Fund for those who don't use Facebook or Twitter roses

One of the questions asked was 'what happens to the Fund when it's reached the target of £25k?' - does it close or does it just carry on?

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LeanneBaulch on 25.05.15 20:23

It'll carry on, there's no limit on how much we can raise. I will keep it going until Gonçalo's legal bills are covered.

LeanneBaulch

View user profile http://gofund.me/Legal-DefencePJGA

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.05.15 20:59

A big welcome to the forum Leanne and a big hug of honour for standing up for what you believe in.

I doubt you'll have too many questions to answer - the dissenters have dropped in their usual grenades and left the building.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 25.05.15 21:03

Hi Leanne,you know me as Heather Hopper and I have been trying to stand your corner.  roses

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.05.15 21:09

@Nina wrote:Hi Leanne,you know me as Heather Hopper and I have been trying to stand your corner.  roses
Nina, you stated up-thread that Leanne was a personal friend of yours.  So why do you need to introduce yourself?

Leanne, welcome.  Appreciate you coming here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 25.05.15 21:13

Ladyinred wrote:
@Nina wrote:Hi Leanne,you know me as Heather Hopper and I have been trying to stand your corner.  roses
Nina, you stated up-thread that Leanne was a personal friend of yours.  So why do you need to introduce yourself?

Leanne, welcome.  Appreciate you coming here.
And still it goes on. 
Leanne knows me as Heather, my real name.Nina, she doesn't know.
It is the name of my favourite Spanish female vocalist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3l5rflSuP0

OK?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum