The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 Mm11

Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 Mm11

Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 Regist10

Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral

Post by j.rob 18.05.15 14:48

"They practiced a crime of exposing and abandoning defenceless children and they weren’t even accused of that fact."

So, according to Detective Amaral, it is a FACT that the McCanns abandoned their children which "exposed them to a thousand dangers."

He could not possibly have reached this conclusion without some very strong evidence. 

I know there are those who believe that it is not true that the children were left without a babysitter. Taking the view that perhaps members of TM took it in turns to babysit all the children in one of the apartments each evening. Or the view that maybe a nanny or member of Mark Warner babysat the McCann children (and other Tapas children?) each evening.

If this had been the case surely Amaral would not be stating that the McCann children were abandoned as a FACT?  
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral

Post by Joss 18.05.15 15:20

j.rob wrote:"They practiced a crime of exposing and abandoning defenceless children and they weren’t even accused of that fact."

So, according to Detective Amaral, it is a FACT that the McCanns abandoned their children which "exposed them to a thousand dangers."

He could not possibly have reached this conclusion without some very strong evidence. 

I know there are those who believe that it is not true that the children were left without a babysitter. Taking the view that perhaps members of TM took it in turns to babysit all the children in one of the apartments each evening. Or the view that maybe a nanny or member of Mark Warner babysat the McCann children (and other Tapas children?) each evening.

If this had been the case surely Amaral would not be stating that the McCann children were abandoned as a FACT?  
I think GA states it as a Fact because that is what the McCann's and the tapas lot stated was a fact in the investigation into what happened leading up to Madeleine's disappearance. "Just like dining in your back garden", yeah i call BS.
Whatever really happened if that was in fact not the case, i guess they can't redact that information now.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 18.05.15 16:11

Of relevance, perhaps, is that Kate ADMITS in her book that one night that week - allegedly Wednesday night - she and Gerry and their friends did go to a bar after finishing dinner at the Tapas restaurant. 

And Kate ADMITS that no-one bothered to check that the children were okay before heading into the bar.

According to Kate the bar they chose was "the enclosed bar area" of the Tapas. Which would mean that the children were even less out of eye-shot and hearing than they had been when eating outside. 

Which meant that, according to Kate, "the time between our last check of the children and our return was longer, closer to forty-five minutes."

The fact that Kate will actually admit to this, and will actually admit that they didn't check on the children after they finished dinner and before heading inside to drink at a bar, suggests to me that what they actually did was much worse.

And Kate even admits that, despite having left their children unattended for three quarters of an hour, the safety and well-being of their children is most definitely not at the forefront of their minds when they finally leave the bar at 11.50pm.

"At about 11.50pm, Gerry abruptly announced, 'Right, I'm off to bed, Goodnight."........"I must admit I was slightly hurt that Gerry should just go off without me, as if I was unimportant - irrelevant, even........"

This could of course possibly be a deliberate distraction to lead the reader away from being astonished  about the McCanns' negligence and instead focusing on something quite different.

But the fact that Kate doesn't even pretend that one or both of them were feeling worried about having left the children so long is evidence, as far as I am concerned, that the couple were, indeed, utterly reckless in terms of their childrens' health, safety and welfare that holiday.

Some good photos of the resort showing Tapas and bar area from the booking.com plus Thomascook websites:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/luz-ocean-club.en-gb.html

http://www.thomascook.com/destinations/portugal/algarve/praia-da-luz/ocean-club-and-waterside-village-apartments/
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 18.05.15 16:47

I think GA states it as a Fact because that is what the McCann's and the tapas lot stated was a fact in the investigation into what happened leading up to Madeleine's disappearance. "Just like dining in your back garden", yeah i call BS.
Whatever really happened if that was in fact not the case, i guess they can't redact that information now.
----

I'm not sure that GA has ever taken a single word that has sprung from TM lips as a 'fact'. I doubt that very much.

Perhaps the McCanns and their friends really did leave their children unattended in the evening (perhaps giving them a little 'something' to 'help' them sleep?) and they concocted the 'checking' system as a cover. 
Knowing that MW resorts have a baby-listening system whereby nannies patrol corridors and listen outside they knew that they could get away with (pretending?) they did their own. 

As - if they had been accused of neglect over their alleged 'checking' they could point the finger at the MW 'baby-listening' and say that what they were doing was no different. I think this is their 'get out' clause. Why they feel they cannot be accused of neglect. 

Kate: "Even if there had been a baby-listening service it would not have given our kids as much attention as our own visits did. We were going into the apartments and looking as well as listening."

Hmmmm........how Kate can get away with all this nonsense is just incredible. So she is claiming that their 'checks' were better than the MW baby listening yet, by her own admission, they left their children completely unattended out of sight and out of hearing while they sat inside the Tapas and ate and then went inside to the bar and drank for 45 MINUTES!!!

That's 45 minutes according to Kate with no checking, no listening and no going inside the apartment. While "the babysitters" drink inside a bar 120 meters away completely out of sight and sound! 

"Our own apartment was only thirty to forty-five seconds away......and largely visible from the Tapas restaurant. We were sitting outside and could just as easily have been eating ......in a friend's garden, with the kids asleep upstairs."

NO KATE!

The apartment was 120 meters away from the Tapas bar/restaurant. And at night the Tapas eating area is covered by plastic sheeting which is opaque. 

The route from apartment 5A to the Tapas, should one of the children wake up and try to find his or her parents - is not well lit and quite secluded and involves a steep flight of stone steps from the apartment; a 60 meter walk on a public road, and then a 60 meter walk from the pool entrance gate to the Tapas bar/restaurant. A walk that would take a child along a large un-fenced pool.

And this - according to Kate - is giving their kids "better" attention than the MW baby-listening service?

WOW, just incredible!

So what, according to Kate, constituted the MW baby-listening? Perhaps the nannies just took the whole evening off and went to an all-night rave 10 miles away.

As always with the Kate and Gerry show my mind is boggling. Just incredible.

spin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-474428/In-pictures-120-metre-route-check-Madeleine.html
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 18.05.15 17:02

j.rob wrote:
----

I'm not sure that GA has ever taken a single word that has sprung from TM lips as a 'fact'. I doubt that very much.

Perhaps the McCanns and their friends really did leave their children unattended in the evening (perhaps giving them a little 'something' to 'help' them sleep?) and they concocted the 'checking' system as a cover. 
Knowing that MW resorts have a baby-listening system whereby nannies patrol corridors and listen outside they knew that they could get away with (pretending?) they did their own. 

As - if they had been accused of neglect over their alleged 'checking' they could point the finger at the MW 'baby-listening' and say that what they were doing was no different. I think this is their 'get out' clause. Why they feel they cannot be accused of neglect. 

Kate: "Even if there had been a baby-listening service it would not have given our kids as much attention as our own visits did. We were going into the apartments and looking as well as listening."

Hmmmm........how Kate can get away with all this nonsense is just incredible. So she is claiming that their 'checks' were better than the MW baby listening yet, by her own admission, they left their children completely unattended out of sight and out of hearing while they sat inside the Tapas and ate and then went inside to the bar and drank for 45 MINUTES!!!

That's 45 minutes according to Kate with no checking, no listening and no going inside the apartment. While "the babysitters" drink inside a bar 120 meters away completely out of sight and sound! 

"Our own apartment was only thirty to forty-five seconds away......and largely visible from the Tapas restaurant. We were sitting outside and could just as easily have been eating ......in a friend's garden, with the kids asleep upstairs."

NO KATE!

The apartment was 120 meters away from the Tapas bar/restaurant. And at night the Tapas eating area is covered by plastic sheeting which is opaque. 

The route from apartment 5A to the Tapas, should one of the children wake up and try to find his or her parents - is not well lit and quite secluded and involves a steep flight of stone steps from the apartment; a 60 meter walk on a public road, and then a 60 meter walk from the pool entrance gate to the Tapas bar/restaurant. A walk that would take a child along a large un-fenced pool.

And this - according to Kate - is giving their kids "better" attention than the MW baby-listening service?

WOW, just incredible!

So what, according to Kate, constituted the MW baby-listening? Perhaps the nannies just took the whole evening off and went to an all-night rave 10 miles away.

As always with the Kate and Gerry show my mind is boggling. Just incredible.

spin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-474428/In-pictures-120-metre-route-check-Madeleine.html
Yeah well, the whole case is really quite crazy IMO, and i think they must live in the twilight zone, or some other alternate universe,thing
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 18.05.15 19:18

Yeah well, the whole case is really quite crazy IMO, and i think they must live in the twilight zone, or some other alternate universe,Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 1079585864

Indeed! 

I know that sometimes people say they cannot believe that a group of doctors could behave with such nonchalance in terms of health and safety.

I have to say that I find some doctors, in particular, can be astonishingly cavalier about other people's health and safety. Dismissing people's problems as 'nothing' when it later transpires that the patient was very right to be worried.

It is also a total myth that doctors as a group will necessarily be more careful about their own children in terms of health, safety and well-being. One of my parents was a doctor and I was probably the only child at school who never, ever, was allowed a day off however sick or ill I felt. Unless you had a limb hanging off or a half severed artery you were making a fuss and were fine.

And we were also the kids in the street who would be running around half feral, most definitely raising a few eyebrows among the more conservative parents in the neighbourhood.  

And my parents' doctor friends were often equally laissez-faire. And My God - could they drink!

So I am really not at all surprised that one of the McCanns' children came to grief. Although I do think there is more to this story than just an accident. Gerry McCann is one scary individual, imo.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 18.05.15 20:25

j.rob wrote:It is also a total myth that doctors as a group will necessarily be more careful about their own children in terms of health, safety and well-being.

Based on your own experience you're claiming that the majority of doctors wont "necessarily be more careful about their own children in terms of health, safety and well-being."

How can you claim it a myth based on one experience?

Dont forget, some of the kids were BABIES!
sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Synes 18.05.15 22:28

Unfortunately, intelligence isn't a precursor to common sense.
Many of the highly academically intellectual professionals I've worked with have a deficit in real life skills.
Synes

Activity : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 18.05.15 22:46

Based on your own experience you're claiming that the majority of doctors wont "necessarily be more careful about their own children in terms of health, safety and well-being."

---

I didn't say that. You did. 

Comment deleted by admin

Please remember the forum rules, attacking a poster is not acceptable

Also, please stay on topic.  This thread is about the an interview with Goncalo amaral, please keep it that way.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 19.05.15 4:50

j.rob wrote:Yeah well, the whole case is really quite crazy IMO, and i think they must live in the twilight zone, or some other alternate universe,Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 1079585864

Indeed! 

I know that sometimes people say they cannot believe that a group of doctors could behave with such nonchalance in terms of health and safety.

I have to say that I find some doctors, in particular, can be astonishingly cavalier about other people's health and safety. Dismissing people's problems as 'nothing' when it later transpires that the patient was very right to be worried.

It is also a total myth that doctors as a group will necessarily be more careful about their own children in terms of health, safety and well-being. One of my parents was a doctor and I was probably the only child at school who never, ever, was allowed a day off however sick or ill I felt. Unless you had a limb hanging off or a half severed artery you were making a fuss and were fine.

And we were also the kids in the street who would be running around half feral, most definitely raising a few eyebrows among the more conservative parents in the neighbourhood.  

And my parents' doctor friends were often equally laissez-faire. And My God - could they drink!

So I am really not at all surprised that one of the McCanns' children came to grief. Although I do think there is more to this story than just an accident. Gerry McCann is one scary individual, imo.
J. Rob. You coined it in this post, well done. I wish a few more people in the world saw things for what they are. The only thing I would add to that is that if something ever were to go wrong then Doctors will stick to each other like superglue. Exactly the actions of the Tapas gang. I have seen this with my own eyes so please no pointless deletions admins.
Lands_end

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 19.05.15 7:41

"At about 11.50pm, Gerry abruptly announced, 'Right, I'm off to bed, Goodnight."........"I must admit I was slightly hurt that Gerry should just go off without me, as if I was unimportant - irrelevant, even........"

Mrs McCann must be as thick as two short ones. Didn't see she the utter irony of her words?

Change the sentence to "I must admit that we were slightly hurt that mummy and daddy should just go off without us, as if we were unimportant - irrelevant, even..."

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 19.05.15 10:40

GA was quoted in yesterday's Mirror as expressing an opinion in a free country. Over the years has nobody of real substance come forward and commented upon the quality of parenting whereby children were left alone in an aprtment in a foreign country whilst the parents went out drinking? This after all is supposed to be a free country too.
Lands_end

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 19.05.15 14:08

Lands_end wrote:
j.rob wrote:Yeah well, the whole case is really quite crazy IMO, and i think they must live in the twilight zone, or some other alternate universe,Interview with Dr Goncalo Amaral - Page 2 1079585864

Indeed! 

J. Rob. You coined it in this post, well done. I wish a few more people in the world saw things for what they are. The only thing I would add to that is that if something ever were to go wrong then Doctors will stick to each other like superglue. Exactly the actions of the Tapas gang. I have seen this with my own eyes so please no pointless deletions admins.

I actually think this may be *one* of the keys to unraveling the mystery. TM were reckless in terms of their childcare. They have told us as much.

Detective Amaral states it is a FACT that the McCanns "abandoned" their children that week leaving them in danger. And it is a FACT that they lost Madeleine. Note the phraseology. Not that "Madeleine was taken" which is the mantra that Kate and Gerry repeat. 

Obviously, there are different meanings to the word "lost". It could literally mean she got lost due to being abandoned (and then came to grief - eg: the accident that Amaral speaks of). 

Or it could be a euphemism for 'loosing someone' - ie: experiencing the loss of someone who has died. 

And of course the McCann mantra 'was taken' can also have different meanings. Someone literally took Madeleine away which is what they want people to believe or it could also mean 'was taken' (away from us) by death. 

Yes to the bolded part above. IF Amaral is right and Madeleine had an accident that week and IF all the Tapas parents 'abandoned' their children in the manner that Amaral claims the McCanns did that week then the whole group may very well have adopted a "there but for the grace of God" mentality which caused them to stick together. Perhaps thinking that what happened to Madeleine could have equally well happened to one of the other Tapas children. And it was just really bad luck that it happened to the McCanns.

One might just about be able to buy that if the checking story was true (although I think leaving such young children in an unknown place without a babysitter or at least a child monitor is reckless) but when the detective who investigated the case unambiguously states that the it is a FACT that the McCann's abandoned their children to a thousand dangers then the whole TM 'baby-listening' arrangements story starts to unravel.

And in any event when the McCanns ADMIT that they left their children for 45 minutes out of ear-shot and out of sight to go to a bar after dinner. And don't even pretend that the reason they returned to the apartment was that they were worried about their children, then you know that their children's welfare was not at the forefront of their minds that week.

While I do believe there is more to this story than an abandoned child having an accident, even if this was the whole story I can still understand why there might have been a cover-up. 

Can you imagine the media storm? Doctors' daughter dies in accident in Mark Warner resort in the Algarve. The four year old was left alone each night in their holiday apartment with her two your old siblings while her doctor parents ate dinner in one of the hotel restaurants. They were holidaying with a group of mainly doctors who also left their children unsupervised each night. This was despite the fact that there was a night creche which was included or the option of paying for a babysitter. There was also the option of dining en famille in one of the hotel restaurants. Or getting a takeaway from one of the restaurants and eating in. 

The group claimed they were regularly checking of the children but a neighbour heard a child crying in distress in the family's apartment for an hour and a quarter earlier in the week. And the family admit that one night they left the children for as long as 45 minutes as after dinner they then went to the hotel bar. 

It is a story that would not have put a very good light on the medical profession. And of course if the McCanns could get away with claiming that what they did was not so very different to the baby-listening' as carried out by Mark Warner, then that would raise the ugly possibility that Mark Warner's childcare arrangements were woefully inadequate. And children were being endangered. 

And perhaps also noteworthy that only a year previously - 2006 - there had been that truly dreadful accident at a Thomas Cook resort when two children died in a Thomas Cook holiday apartment due to a faulty boiler. 

Thomas Cook sent out a 'grief counsellor' or similar to the resort but the family claimed and continue to claim that Thomas Cook was always covering its back from the outset. The holiday company even sent the children's two coffins back on the same flight as the parents and other holidaymakers.

So the parents quite literally flew back from that Thomas Cook holiday with their two children in coffins. Somehow Thomas Cook kept that out of the media, didn't they???? Would have made a somewhat spectacularly terrible photo for the front pages. (So just how much money did Thomas Cook throw at this cast to avoid negative publicity??)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32771355
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top