The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Textusa Saturday 9/5 11:am

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Textusa Saturday 9/5 11:am

Post by Verdi on 12.05.15 22:35

@plebgate wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@plebgate wrote:IMO things which make sense deserve to be repeated, such as lazz's blogs. Mr Mrs
I'm glad you agree, I was expecting to bombarded with reminders that 'it's all been said before'.

On which subject, a number of times I see across the web lately, hints that a particular subject has been done to death so to speak and is not to be repeated.  Bit of an annoyance if you happen to have missed previous discussion or don't know where to find it.  Doesn't hurt to post a link or at least some indication as to where previous discussion has taken place does it?  I notice TB is always very obliging in his respect.
As I said, if people are talking sensibly why would there be any objection - as to links to past forums there are search engines and there's a search engine on this site too.  Some posters don't always have time to go hunting for links but as several posters have stated that some topics have been done to death it should be quite easy to find the links on the net.
Was that a very subtle rap across the knuckles?  If so I should just like to say that I for one don't have the time, inclination nor patience to spend hours searching for past discussions, even though I might be interested to read.  Besides it's not always as straightforward as you suggest, I have the attention span of a peanut when it comes to a subject that's not within the realms of my life on earth.

It doesn't hurt for anyone to post a link to a subject they claim to have written about extensively but if it's an inconvenience so be it, I (and maybe others) will have to remain in ignorance and ask again to be forgiven if issues are raised that have already been exhausted in the past.  It's also worth considering newcomers to the case, I'm sure they would welcome a friendly obliging forum rather than a closed shop that resents outsiders asking questions or being too familiar, or if not a member, an informative venue that links to past topics.  I know many of you are old hands known to each other over the years but surely there's no need to be hostile towards strangers - isn't there always room for more?

If your comment wasn't a mild reprimand then I apologize for getting snotty.  I meant no offense by my original post, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
Apology accepted as I am not in a position to reprimand anyone on the forum, I merely answered your post giving my opinion - as I felt you were replying to my previous post.
OK fair enough.  The main reason I raised the subject in the first place was because of a post I read on Textusa's latest blog written by someone who I believe is/was a member on this forum.    Apparently the issue of the Ocean Club guest list was thoroughly examined in the past on this forum.  To get an idea of the general gist (as I can't understand Textusa) I tried this forum's search engine to no avail, without wading through scores of threads and posts.  I also tried google.

Still I guess it's not that important, I just like to read things for myself before forming an opinion.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC on 12.05.15 22:59

Elça Craig wrote:
@cloak'ndagger wrote:I found this somewhat easier to get my head around ,Textusa debunked

https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/textusa-irrefutable-proof/

And for the non techie people like myself this is even easier

http://nottextusa.blogspot.ie/2015/04/mad-cow-disease.html

I wondered why my blog was getting dozens of hits from here, since I haven't posted on here for yonks.  I guess this is it.

I happen to like Textusa, as I have said in just about every post I have made about Textusa.  I have explained in "Textusa, definite proof" that although I do not subscribe to Textusa's theory, I have no problem in advertising someone who is digging up interesting things buried deep in the files.

Everyone is entitled to his/her theory.

For me, the point is that if everyone just chipped in with a little bit, we might advance the case.

So here's my contribution.  The adult pool is adult only so one can get away from everyone else's screaming kids, when one does not have screaming kids of one's own.  Personally, I need some down time when everything is just peace and quiet.  And yes, the adult pool is basically open-to-view, so not the best place for swinging.

But you're missing the indoor pool just to the north of the OC 24 hr reception.  Surely that should be swinging heaven?
One thing I found out from that blog is that The Ocean Club had swipe cards.

The guests I would suspect had individual swipe cards.

If true - then everytime they came in ( not sure about out? ) of the Tapas Bar/ Ocean Club this would be timed or registred somewhere?

Re: Swinging: Where did the Tapas 9 find time for all this swinging activity?

The days seem to consist of drop off kids AM - pick up kids 12noon - drop off kids again at around 2.30 pm - pick up kids again at 5.30 high tea ( very posh ) and tuck in to bed - go for meal - and in between play an awful lot of tennis- jog a lot and do the odd quiz and play with the children on the odd occasion when they have not been left in the creche.

Not much time for anything really unless the ' activities ' began after 10pm?

If so- where?

Oh and add windsurfing. No golf was played from the sounds of it and no cricket.

They were an acive bunch of holiday makers alright.

Opinion only.

XTC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 13.05.15 0:41

@Verdi wrote:Am I allowed to fly the flag here for l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com?  This blogger has written extensively on the subject of Madeleine McCann and always manages to hit the nail well and truly on the head.  Well worth the read.

Also has been accused by the usual suspects of being a hooded McFan.  For the life of me I can't see how such a bizarre theory can be deduced but still, I guess it's much the same as the McCanns themselves, in the absence of a plausible explanation - invention is the mother of necessity!

Don't bite my head off, I think the l-azzeri is worthy of a good plug even if mentioned a thousand times before.

I love l-azzeri

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 13.05.15 0:55

@aquila wrote:Sometimes there are posters on this forum who delight in posting outrageous stuff and call it 'purporting a theory'.

Sometimes there are posters on this forum who collect in groups to smooth the way to do the above.

Sometimes these people call the members of this forum 'unwelcoming', 'closed minded' and everything ought to be open to discussion.

Sometimes I, and many other people who have been on the forum far longer than myself can see this.

I have seen posters come and go, and I still class myself as a relative newcomer to the forum.

This forum is always open to new ideas but there aren't any from j.rob...just wild stabs in the dark that discredit the forum at a time when it is obvious the media and other entities are taking an extra special look at things.

I appreciated Blue Bag's post today about sticks.

When a poster such as lj raises an objection please take note that it's the correct objection and done for the right reasons and in the right spirit.

Thanks aquila.
It's funny how it is often deja vue all over again. Nowadays I just retire from those threads. I fear repetitive motion injuries otherwise.  big grin

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 5:20

@Verdi wrote:
@j.rob wrote:While it is possible that there were activities such as swinging going on that week, I do not that that can possibly account for the complexity and extent of the cover-up and establishment support. Has to be far more than that.

-------

On which subject, a number of times I see across the web lately, hints that a particular subject has been done to death so to speak and is not to be repeated.

I find that often when someone says a subject has been 'done to death' it is because they wish discussion to stop on that particular subject. Sometimes it is not true that a subject has been 'done to death'.

In any event, the fact that there is so little consensus about what happened that week and why appears to suggest that every subject is still very much open for discussion.
From experience I quite agree that certain subjects are considered taboo for one reason or another.  There is always room for further discussion on any subject, more so when fresh blood is introduced to throw in a new angle - fortunately we are all different so all see things differently.  Even the police work as a team, providing there isn't a specific hidden agenda and someone isn't pulling the strings.

Indeed there must be a very very serious reason for this level of protection and it's not swing-ging.
I totally agree. I think whatever the cover up is about it's more to do with G.M. rather than K.M.
I'm not too sure any of it involved swinging though. All IMO.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 5:28

@j.rob wrote:While it is possible that there were activities such as swinging going on that week, I do not that that can possibly account for the complexity and extent of the cover-up and establishment support. Has to be far more than that.

-------

Snipped from post above:

"On which subject, a number of times I see across the web lately, hints that a particular subject has been done to death so to speak and is not to be repeated."

------

I find that often when someone says a subject has been 'done to death' it is because they wish discussion to stop on that particular subject. Sometimes it is not true that a subject has been 'done to death'.

In any event, the fact that there is so little consensus about what happened that week and why appears to suggest that every subject is still very much open for discussion.
I agree, a forum is there to discuss all aspects of a case and to debate if one wishes to enter that debate.
What pisses me off is that some people want to attack a poster rather than the posts, and that type of thing doesn't make for a good place to come to, IMO. Why can't people just be civil to others and leave their bitchiness somewhere else, it certainly doesn't belong on a public forum, where people seem to be paranoid about others they don't really know.
And these are after all the forum rules:
1. NO DISRUPTION ALLOWED - i.e. trying to derail threads

2. NEVER ATTACK ANOTHER MEMBER - that includes calling people trolls etc. Any worries contact admin or mods.

3. NO LIBELOUS POSTS

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 5:57

And i would like to make a suggestion that if people are having a problem with j.rob or any other poster why don't they take it to private messaging, please & thankyou.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 13.05.15 6:33

What pisses me off is that some people want to attack a poster rather than the posts, and that type of thing doesn't make for a good place to come to,

What pisses me off is posts designed to make the rest of us look like loonies by association.

Anyone who has been around the block on internet forums knows that game.

The posters who use critical thinking methods quickly get surrounded by nonsense stuff.

Thankfully this forum has been vigilant in that regard and there are a lot of wised-up members here aware of the game.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.05.15 8:13

Exactly Bluebag and that is what truly ticks them off I think.

It also seems to me that there seems to be quite a bit of swearing creeping into posts lately, I am sure most don't mind the odd word occasionally, but I have noticed that those complaining about their right to say what they like no matter how nonsensical it sounds seem to be the ones who are  swearing the most.

I don't include Bluebag in the above comment as it was a response to the post above his.

Please take swearing to PM.  TIA.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 9:48

@BlueBag wrote:
What pisses me off is that some people want to attack a poster rather than the posts, and that type of thing doesn't make for a good place to come to,

What pisses me off is posts designed to make the rest of us look like loonies by association.

Anyone who has been around the block on internet forums knows that game.

The posters who use critical thinking methods quickly get surrounded by nonsense stuff.

Thankfully this forum has been vigilant in that regard and there are a lot of wised-up members here aware of the game.
I have seen some pretty way out there theories on this case, and not just by one person, so not sure exactly what you are talking about.
Aliens, really?????

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 9:51

@plebgate wrote:Exactly Bluebag and that is what truly ticks them off I think.

It also seems to me that there seems to be quite a bit of swearing creeping into posts lately, I am sure most don't mind the odd word occasionally, but I have noticed that those complaining about their right to say what they like no matter how nonsensical it sounds seem to be the ones who are  swearing the most.

I don't include Bluebag in the above comment as it was a response to the post above his.

LOL. Does that include calling someone an e**ing little pr**k? Totally against forum rules, btw.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 13.05.15 10:21

@Joss wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Exactly Bluebag and that is what truly ticks them off I think.

LOL. Does that include calling someone an e**ing little pr**k? Totally against forum rules, btw.
Would you like jeanmonroe to be banned because she reacted to being called a silly cow?

j.rob has called me a silly cow in the past. I didn't react.

Personally I'm not bothered if this thread is derailed as Textusa's blog contributes little to what happened to Madeleine and strangely her blog has had a bit of a revival in the last few days.

Joss, you protest too much and this thread is now officially derailed.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.05.15 10:23

err excuse me.   I hope you are not implying that I posted those words.   I did not and if you have an issue with it I suggest you take it up with whoever posted it, preferably by PM.

As for your suggestion upthread that we take our posts expressing our discontent about certain words and accusations being made, I have to say that is nonsense.   If a poster publicly makes such statements then they should be publicly challenged.  

Sorry I forget who posted up thread-  but they made a very important point IMO, it does seem strange that such posts are being put forward when members are fully aware that this forum is being watched and a documentary is being made.   hhhhmmmmmmm.

Also of note I think is that this is a privately owned forum, all of admin do a great job (also mods and researchers), imo they are very brave and they allow others to post their questions and opinions, but it doesn't mean that anyone has an automatic right to print nonsense, especially as the owner and admin are the ones with their necks on the line - so to speak.

No more from me on the matter, I cannot make my opinion any clearer.

@joss btw as aquila has since posted before me.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 13.05.15 10:38

I would just like to define what I said in my post regarding understanding textusa's theory. 

When I said "well, something will make sense" I was referring to me making sense of this whole saga. I was not in any way criticising textusa's hard work and dedicated investigation. This thing is so "vast and all encompassing" revolving around the disappearance of one little girl. 

I just cant get my head around all the people who must surely be involved in this.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.05.15 11:16

Please take swearing to PM.  TIA.

Would you like jeanmonroe to be banned because she 'reacted' to being called 'a silly cow'?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did NOT 'react' and 'call' anyone an 'e**ing little pr**k'

I 'wrote'..."you feckin', asinine, little pri*k"! laughat

Jezuz!

'LIGHTEN UP', PEOPLE!

It's all the 'mis-quotes' that cause all the 'trouble'! winkwink

All 'work' and er, NO 'play', on this forum, would make jeanmonroe, a very 'dull' gal!

All, IMO, obviously!  winkwink

ps: "gallows" humour IS 'funny' sometimes!

Yeah, yeah, only IMO..............again!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 11:23

@plebgate wrote:err excuse me.   I hope you are not implying that I posted those words.   I did not and if you have an issue with it I suggest you take it up with whoever posted it, preferably by PM.

As for your suggestion upthread that we take our posts expressing our discontent about certain words and accusations being made, I have to say that is nonsense.   If a poster publicly makes such statements then they should be publicly challenged.  

Sorry I forget who posted up thread-  but they made a very important point IMO, it does seem strange that such posts are being put forward when members are fully aware that this forum is being watched and a documentary is being made.   hhhhmmmmmmm.

Also of note I think is that this is a privately owned forum, all of admin do a great job (also mods and researchers), imo they are very brave and they allow others to post their questions and opinions, but it doesn't mean that anyone has an automatic right to print nonsense, especially as the owner and admin are the ones with their necks on the line - so to speak.

I didn't say you did.

There is no documentary being made about this blog to my knowledge. So who is making a documentary about CMOM forum? and the importance of what people say here?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 13.05.15 11:34

@Joss wrote:
@plebgate wrote:err excuse me.   I hope you are not implying that I posted those words.   I did not and if you have an issue with it I suggest you take it up with whoever posted it, preferably by PM.

I didn't say you did.

There is no documentary being made about this blog to my knowledge. So who is making a documentary about CMOM forum? and the importance of what people say here?
Oh Joss, you are a one sometimes.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.05.15 11:46

"..........especially as the owner and admin are the ones with their necks on the block line, so to speak"
-----------------------------------------------------

See what i mean, about 'gallows humour'? laughat

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 12:07

@aquila wrote:
@Joss wrote:

I didn't say you did.

Oh Joss, you are a one sometimes.
Huh?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.05.15 12:08

@Joss wrote:

I didn't say you did.

@ Joss - Jill, the forum owner, posted this last Monday:

..."I am still the forum owner - I have been very busy with work and the facebook group, plus have been very poorly with a serious bone infection which has caused me to be hospitalised a couple of times, followed up by two hospital visits per week. With the possible prospect of having a foot amputated I've also been feeling down in the dumps and not very good company.

And if that wasn't enough I'm worried about Jenny Kleeman's upcoming film and how my contribution may be changed to fit an agenda. I hope I'm wrong."

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 12:14

@jeanmonroe wrote:Please take swearing to PM.  TIA.

Would you like jeanmonroe to be banned because she 'reacted' to being called 'a silly cow'?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did NOT 'react' and 'call' anyone an 'e**ing little pr**k'

I 'wrote'..."you feckin', asinine, little pri*k"! laughat

Jezuz!

'LIGHTEN UP', PEOPLE!

It's all the 'mis-quotes' that cause all the 'trouble'!  winkwink

All 'work' and er, NO 'play', on this forum, would make jeanmonroe, a very 'dull' gal!

All, IMO, obviously!  winkwink

ps: "gallows" humour IS 'funny' sometimes!

Yeah, yeah, only IMO..............again!
Well sorry, i didn't know it was all a big joke.
Here's mine, "I think we would all make good space cadets". cheers

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 12:18

Ladyinred wrote:
@Joss wrote:

I didn't say you did.

@ Joss - Jill, the forum owner, posted this last Monday:

..."I am still the forum owner - I have been very busy with work and the facebook group, plus have been very poorly with a serious bone infection which has caused me to be hospitalised a couple of times, followed up by two hospital visits per week. With the possible prospect of having a foot amputated I've also been feeling down in the dumps and not very good company.

And if that wasn't enough I'm worried about Jenny Kleeman's upcoming film and how my contribution may be changed to fit an agenda. I hope I'm wrong."
 Thanks LIR for clarifying. I did read Jill was having health probs. but must of missed that bit.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.05.15 12:21

@Angelique wrote:I would just like to define what I said in my post regarding understanding textusa's theory. 

When I said "well, something will make sense" I was referring to me making sense of this whole saga. I was not in any way criticising textusa's hard work and dedicated investigation. This thing is so "vast and all encompassing" revolving around the disappearance of one little girl. 

I just cant get my head around all the people who must surely be involved in this.
I agree Angelique, It is all very convoluted. They must be covering up something big, IMO, or that's how it seems anyway.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 13.05.15 15:16

@XTC wrote:
Elça Craig wrote:
@cloak'ndagger wrote:I found this somewhat easier to get my head around ,Textusa debunked

https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/textusa-irrefutable-proof/

And for the non techie people like myself this is even easier

http://nottextusa.blogspot.ie/2015/04/mad-cow-disease.html

I wondered why my blog was getting dozens of hits from here, since I haven't posted on here for yonks.  I guess this is it.

I happen to like Textusa, as I have said in just about every post I have made about Textusa.  I have explained in "Textusa, definite proof" that although I do not subscribe to Textusa's theory, I have no problem in advertising someone who is digging up interesting things buried deep in the files.

Everyone is entitled to his/her theory.

For me, the point is that if everyone just chipped in with a little bit, we might advance the case.

So here's my contribution.  The adult pool is adult only so one can get away from everyone else's screaming kids, when one does not have screaming kids of one's own.  Personally, I need some down time when everything is just peace and quiet.  And yes, the adult pool is basically open-to-view, so not the best place for swinging.

But you're missing the indoor pool just to the north of the OC 24 hr reception.  Surely that should be swinging heaven?
One thing I found out from that blog is that The Ocean Club had swipe cards.

The guests I would suspect had individual swipe cards.

If true - then everytime they came in ( not sure about out? ) of the Tapas Bar/ Ocean Club this would be timed or registred somewhere?

Re: Swinging: Where did the Tapas 9 find time for all this swinging activity?

The days seem to consist of drop off kids AM - pick up kids 12noon - drop off kids again at around 2.30 pm - pick up kids again at 5.30 high tea ( very posh ) and tuck in to bed - go for meal - and in between play an awful lot of tennis- jog a lot and do the odd quiz and play with the children on the odd occasion when they have not been left in the creche.

Not much time for anything really unless the ' activities ' began after 10pm?

If so- where?

Oh and add windsurfing. No golf was played from the sounds of it and no cricket.

They were an acive bunch of holiday makers alright.

Opinion only.
This has been discussed (not in this forum I think) but in other places it is believed that instead of tennis - substitute 'adult activities'.  Do you honestly believe in all that tennis playing? Tennis was, IMO, what they all agreed to say they were doing when they were doing 'other things' - have you seen one picture of the guests playing tennis?  In fact when you reads S Carpenter statement -  you can just substitute tennis with another word and makes sense..
Lets say the swinging theory is true (and I believe it is whilst obviously others dont) then they would have had to replace the swinging activity with something else - and it seems they chose tennis. Do you really think that this group fo people are on holiday and all they do is play tennis ? - we dont even see any photos of them in tennis gear or swinging a racket...   I doubt very much they played tennis - at least not as regularly as they make out in statements

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 13.05.15 17:53

Completely agree.

I would like to add that you have new posters, who clearly give it a good shot to get read up as much as possible, and you have those who don't even try. 
I have no problem helping the first kind. Search is not always easy on sites like this, and often enough I ask for help too. But those who clearly don't try, never read anything unless it's fed to them, sorry they get the: "do your homework" it is discussed to death.

As far as outlandish theories: I don't mind, as long as there are some evidence/arguments to support that. Just claiming a conspiracy that involves all of western Europe, or satanic activity for the heck of it: yes they can expect some sarcastic answers.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum