The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

Post by Ashwarya on 06.05.15 20:26

I agree, it is completely safe to contribute to GoFundMe.  I always prefer to use a credit card rather than a debit card when making payments over the internet, and I keep one particular credit card for that purpose so that I can see immediately if anything has gone wrong, but I have never had any problems at all.  Please go ahead and make your donation, Comperedna, and write a lovely supportive comment to Dr Amaral to go with it - it is an exhilarating experience!

Ashwarya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.05.15 22:19

In the last hour the fund has shot up. It is almost at the £10,000 mark. What an achievement. Good on you, for setting up the fund, Leanne. You are a credit

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.05.15 22:22

Having read a few of Daryl Dixon's past posts, I was beginning to think I was on Twitter, reading pro McCann tweets.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.05.15 22:23

WOW, WOW, WOW!  The fund has shot through the £10,000 barrier

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katie_mc on 06.05.15 22:25

@sallypelt wrote:In the last hour the fund has shot up. It is almost at the £10,000 mark. What an achievement. Good on you, for setting up the fund, Leanne. You are a credit

It's past it now!!!! 

Passed? 

Oh well you know what I mean.

katie_mc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 06.05.15 22:25

@Daryl Dixon wrote:I would save your money, Comperenda, Mr Amaral certainly doesn't need it. He has his pension and what remains of his assets after paying the McCanns. He's certainly not destitute as some would have you believe. However i you're still determined to give your money away to some unworthy cause then I'm sure some Nigerian Prince would be happy to hear from you. I can't believe people are so gullible.
Like the thousands who, in good faith, generously gave their hard earned cash to the Find Madeleine fund because the story touched their hearts?  The same Fund that has since been used to make mortgage repayments, hire a string of dubious private detectives and finance litigation, anything but 'the search' for Madeleine?

I can't imagine how you know details of Dr Amaral's financial status but whatever, why should an innocent person be forced to use his own money to pay legal bills occasioned by the greed and vindictiveness of two strangers who are totally responsible for the loss of their own child?  The child that he has bent over backwards to help?  If people want to help by donating then let them be, at least Dr Amaral isn't out with the begging bowl like some who shall remain nameless.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.05.15 22:27

@Verdi wrote:
@Daryl Dixon wrote:I would save your money, Comperenda, Mr Amaral certainly doesn't need it. He has his pension and what remains of his assets after paying the McCanns. He's certainly not destitute as some would have you believe. However i you're still determined to give your money away to some unworthy cause then I'm sure some Nigerian Prince would be happy to hear from you. I can't believe people are so gullible.
Like the thousands who, in good faith, generously gave their hard earned cash to the Find Madeleine fund because the story touched their hearts?  The same Fund that has since been used to make mortgage repayments, hire a string of dubious private detectives and finance litigation, anything but 'the search' for Madeleine?

I can't imagine how you know details of Dr Amaral's financial status but whatever, why should an innocent person be forced to use his own money to pay legal bills occasioned by the greed and vindictiveness of two strangers who are totally responsible for the loss of their own child?  The child that he has bent over backwards to help?  If people want to help by donating then let them be, at least Dr Amaral isn't out with the begging bowl like some who shall remain nameless.

Daryl Dixon, can I ask what you think about the McCann fund? It would be interested to hear

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH on 06.05.15 22:37

I've blocked Dixon but I see someone has quoted his bile. 

So Dixon thinks GA has lots of money and isn't as broke as he makes out? The Mc's are pretty well off with all that money in the fund and yet they still get their begging bowls out for more donations but that's ok for them to do it ?

WHY is Daryl Dixon here? Obviously he's in the Mc camp and just here to stir

TMH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 06.05.15 22:49

@TMH wrote:I've blocked Dixon but I see someone has quoted his bile. 

So Dixon thinks GA has lots of money and isn't as broke as he makes out? The Mc's are pretty well off with all that money in the fund and yet they still get their begging bowls out for more donations but that's ok for them to do it ?

WHY is Daryl Dixon here? Obviously he's in the Mc camp and just here to stir
Oh and don't forget, they have a floating £million just waiting for Operation Grange to wind down, so they can continue the search.  Whether that same £million has been in and out of the Fund is all a matter of conjecture!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 06.05.15 23:01

Isn't it time to wave bye bye to Daryl Dixon since he uses the forum to spread lies?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.05.15 23:05

[quote="sallypelt"]Having read a few of Daryl Dixon's past posts, I was beginning to think I was on Twitter, reading pro McCann tweets.[/quote]

Such a long time since we heard from our Kevin, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl Dixon on 07.05.15 7:56

@sallypelt wrote:
Daryl Dixon, can I ask what you think about the McCann fund? It would be interested to hear
I think it's a fund set up purely to cover legal expenses, as was stated by one of the fund directors, Brian Kennedy, during a television interview. Very little has been spent on the search for Madeleine.

Although I am a McCann sceptic, I am not an Amaral supporter.

Does this answer your question, Sallypelt?

Daryl Dixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 07.05.15 8:42

@comperedna wrote:I've decided to pay in to the fund on May 12th. I am a bit chary of putting my card number in. Can someone reassure me it is safe? Can I access the comments before doing so? I am not a member of Facebook or Twitter and I have come off Paypal.  I have written quite a long comment, but I'd rather not dupilcate what others have written too much. HELP!
For anyone who is wary of giving out details on line, maybe they can ask a friend/family member who is used to using the internet for payment transactions to do it for them and then give them the cash upfront or when the payment is due.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just Giving - cycle ride for Missing People, - v GoFUndMe for Dr GA

Post by PeterMac on 07.05.15 9:04

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/
£ 1525 from 91 donations

http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA
£ 10,30 from 618 donations
(plus as we know two other funds doing the same thing, one in Euros and one in USD.)

Hilariously some of the comments on the KM site include

I would donate more, but Snr Amaral is in need, I prefer my spare cash to go towards ensuring justice prevails. We are all ruined if it doesn't.

Very sad what has been done to Mr. Amaral

incidentally, the organisers of the KM Missing people fund take 5% as a fee.  £ 1 in every £ 20
So to raise enough cash to fund the two new posts at Missing people is going to take a rather longer ride than the one planned.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.05.15 9:59

Kate didn't even search 500 yards outside of the holiday apartment that night.

Now suddenly Kate is more driven to find her.  
More driven than what previously though? Than when she was prostrating to God (willing God to help her) on the night Madeleine went missing?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 07.05.15 10:13

@PeterMac wrote:https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/
£ 1525 from 91 donations

http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA
£ 10,30 from 618 donations
(plus as we know two other funds doing the same thing, one in Euros and one in USD.)

Hilariously some of the comments on the KM site include

I would donate more, but Snr Amaral is in need, I prefer my spare cash to go towards ensuring justice prevails. We are all ruined if it doesn't.

Very sad what has been done to Mr. Amaral

incidentally, the organisers of the KM Missing people fund take 5% as a fee.  £ 1 in every £ 20
So to raise enough cash to fund the two new posts at Missing people is going to take a rather longer ride than the one planned.
I've a feeling Kate may well welcome a longer ride big grin

Rogue-a-Tory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 07.05.15 11:16

http://portugalresident.com/brits-raise-thousands-for-maddie-cop’s-libel-appeal-0

Brits raise thousands for Maddie cop’s libel appeal

7th May 2015

After what many consider the bombshell of a judicial decision – setting record damages for a private Portuguese citizen – British supporters of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral are rallying en-masse to a “gofundme” online appeal – started intriguingly by a young British woman who was only 14 when Madeleine McCann went missing. In less than a week, 22-year-old Leanne Baulch’s appeal has raised over £9,200. British media has slated it – suggesting it is powered by “sick online trolls”. The Resident follows this fast-developing story which shows no sign of losing pace.

If anything, the impetus now is to find a “high-profile donor” – someone “prepared to underwrite the legal costs” that Amaral faces as he appeals against the judge’s decision that awarded record damages against him in the long-running civil action for defamation taken out by the McCanns over his book The Truth of the Lie.

Slapping Amaral with a bill that tops €600,000 all told, Express on Sunday suggested at the weekend that Judge Emília Melo e Castro has effectively “ruined and shamed” the man who led the original police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

The Sun was equally scathing, describing 56-year-old Amaral as a “lie cop” in its exposé of what it described as a “sick online campaign”.
But the publicity seems to have “backfired”, Leanne Baulch tells us.

One couldn’t say people are digging “deep” into their pockets, as many donations are for small amounts – but it is certainly a “mass fork out”, with multiple commentaries refuting mainstream media’s slur that these people are “trolls”.

A donor by the name of Emma Mitchell, giving £100, wrote: “Shame on you The Sun… Keep fighting GA, Madeleine deserves justice and so do you.”

Another added her contribution, saying: “From yet another ‘nasty internet troll’ keep on fighting GA, we are behind you all the way.”

Comments on stories posted on our portugalresident.com website also show readers reacting to the insinuation that “anyone who questions the abduction theory” is a troll.

Calling it a “total disgrace”, Jayne Staveley suggests that The Sun’s reporters “are still in primary school”.

But the tragedy behind these comments is that while Madeleine’s parents have always maintained their civil action against Amaral was “never about the money”, it is now becoming more and more clear how important a role money has taken on in this case.

Miss Baulch’s appeal – an extension of the long-running Portuguese “Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral” fund to which she stresses she has “no access whatsoever” – has set out to raise £25,000. As we wrote, donations were steadily flowing in, with over 500 people having raised £9,205 in six days.

Questioned about whether she imagined she would get such a response, the single-mother from Birmingham told us: “I had no idea. I was just desperate to help. I didn’t expect the media to get involved. The Sun and Express reporting shocked me, but it backfired!”
McCann “hate dossier” will “not result in any prosecutions”

As Amaral is thus buoyed by this latest bid to raise money to help him, British media has been carrying 8th anniversary “Madeleine disappearance” stories, including new “revelations” about a string of burglaries on the Praia da Luz resort from which Madeleine went missing.

These burglaries are presented as adding weight to the British police theory that Madeleine may have been abducted as a result of a botched burglary.

But noteworthy when considering mainstream media’s preoccupation with “vile trolls” is the report by Sky news, coming in last week, that the so-called “hate dossier” that hit the headlines eight months ago is not going to result in any prosecutions.

The dossier – which led to the suicide of grandmother Brenda Leyland after she was ‘outed’ as a so-called troll on live television – had been delivered to Leicester Police by what Sky described as an “anonymous source”.

Keenly involved in the story, Sky’s crime expert Martin Brunt claimed that the anonymous source (or sources) have reacted with “absolute dismay” at the decision not to prosecute.

“They say it is tantamount to giving trolls carte blanche to carry on abusing the McCanns,” he wrote.

“Although we haven’t heard directly from the McCanns, I’m sure they too will be astonished because… Gerry McCann said such trolls should be prosecuted.”

As we wrote this story, a new comment appeared on the gofundme site, signed from “MA”: “Dr Amaral, my pledge is to pay an apology fine for every article I see that is biased and un-factual on your behalf. Today’s fine is on behalf of the Express for their use of “troll” “shamed” and “sickening”.

By NATASHA DONN natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.05.15 11:24

Nice one 'Tasha.
And nice one Leanne

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 07.05.15 11:29

From Textusa today:

Maybe 'Je Suis Troll' should become a motto (a bit like the 'I Like SWIPE' campaign of the 70's) when nobody knew what SWIPE was to start with and had to go and find out that it was just a cleaning product.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 07.05.15 12:27

Donations up to £10, 540 now. clapping

There's no way the McCann people could seize this money is there?

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.05.15 12:33

There is a special dignity to the GA defence fund that  doesn't need a tee shirt, a poster, a wristband or any other tacky gimmick.

There is a special quality about people who are contributing with heartfelt and earnest comments.

Why say 'je suis'

People are voting with their wallets and their sincere and honest comments. It doesn't get better than that.

I see no reason to cheapen the appeal with 'Kate McCann's donations have done this blah blah'.

What I see is people who are willing to donate in a non 'troll' way.

Keep it clean folks.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 07.05.15 12:38

@MrsC wrote:Donations up to £10, 540 now. clapping

No. The McCann's may not even get any money from GA if he wins his appeal and has exhausted all legal channels in that regard, IMO. The McC's may be waiting a long long time.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.05.15 13:01

@Joss wrote:

No. The McCann's may not even get any money from GA if he wins his appeal and has exhausted all legal channels in that regard, IMO. The McC's may be waiting a long long time.

Meanwhile they have a bill for court costs of 58.7%, PLUS 50% of the previous costs - which is split between and among them AND the twins . . !
Costs do not go away.
If GA wins, as surely he must on appeal, it maybe that the entire costs fall on the McCanns.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 07.05.15 13:12

@Daryl Dixon wrote:
@Joss wrote:

Depends on whether the donations could be considered income, in which case, there is every possibility that the McCanns could also lay claim to this money. Unless of course, a single mother from Birmingham decides to go on an extended vacation to the Caribbean with it...

GA will never win the appeal. Sorry, blunt but true.

Yes I agree, the McCanns will have to wait a long time for their compensation. I'm sure GA will find numerous ways to draw out the inevitable.
Wow, "unless a single mother from Birmingham decides to go on an extended vacation......."   Hasn't the money from the donations been transferred to the appropriate fund?

Admin, as you may be aware, I never get involved in these types of posts, but don't you think it is time that this poster is kicked into the long grass?

Now, this DD IS a TROLL, as all its past posts show!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 07.05.15 13:24

I am sure that DD is a troll. 

He may be right that Amaral will not win the appeal, with a judge that appears to have been knobbled in the previous court case. What will  there be to stop the powers that be knobbling another? 

Except that eventually the truth does out. Look at the time it took Hillsborough, but it came out in the end.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum