The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

Post by jeanmonroe on 15.05.15 10:45

Doug D wrote:

"..........as I would like to be formally classed as a ‘troll’, which seems to have taken on a completely new meaning over the last week or so!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, a 'troll' (this week anyway) is now regarded as 'well sick, innit!', MEANING, ......'brilliant, excellent, well good', (ask Joey E!) and 'trolling' regarded as the new 'giving' ('donating' to 'a good cause')

I wonder if, the charitable 'donators' to KM's 'local (UK) bike' ride are also, now, regarded as 'trolls'?

By the new 'definition' they MUST be!

'trolls' = 'good guys' 'donaters'

'trolling' = 'donating' to a good 'cause'

'THIS' week, anyway!

(Thx MSM!)

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.05.15 11:01

In contrast, the McCanns latest update on the findmadeleine.com website (£40k of donor's money to set up), says

"Eight years. There's no gentle way of putting it. Whilst most days, weeks and months are fairly similar – Madeleine is missed every day – this time of year cuts deep as it's a harsh reminder of time having passed and precious years with Madeleine lost"

The above is the introductory paragraph to the subsequent announcement of the bike ride and raising funds (Hobs will be pleased to notice that the rest of the McCanns update is 'owned' in terms of 'we'. The rest of the text is full of soundbites.

The introductory paragraph quoted above is the most benign, unemotional, unowned thing I've read in a long time from the McCanns.

This is their daughter.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 15.05.15 12:22

Good on you - Charles and Camilla  -great comment here....

£100
Charles & Camilla
24 mins ago
We normally like a good old fashioned coverup but this one is getting a little out of hand so we've decided to change allegiance and back the good guy for a change. The other couple are becoming an embarrassment anyway and it's time she was literally told "on your bike love". We don't need another Diana debacle to start rocking any more royal boats.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 15.05.15 12:25

The find gets closer to its goal of £25 - the comments and donations are still coming in  - its a great response and over 1040 people have now donated. How many more would if they knew about it?

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 15.05.15 12:56

I 'wonder' if the Missing People 'charity' was one of the charities 'badgering' pensioner Olive Cooke for 'requests' for 'donations' before her death, yesterday?

She had 27 direct debits for 'charities'.

Some for £50 a month.

Was 'Missing People', one of them?

The 27 'charities' are going to be 'named', (DD's) apparently.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PortugalResident today

Post by PeterMac on 15.05.15 13:03

http://portugalresident.com/top-british-cop-vows-“maddie-hunt-must-continue”-while-“troll-noise”-reaches-fever-pitch

Posted by portugalpress on May 15, 2015
Top British cop vows “Maddie hunt must continue” while “troll noise” reaches fever pitch

In the UK today, Metropolitan Police chief Sir Brian Hogan Howe has confirmed the multi-million pound investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from an Algarve holiday resort eight years ago must continue - no matter what his union, or indeed anyone else thinks.
Talking to Tom Pettifor of the Daily Mirror, Sir Brian “reacted angrily to concerns raised by the Police Federation about the millions devoted to the case”.
“It’s not for them to decide which investigation we carry out. It’s my decision,” he told the Mirror. “This investigation is funded by the government and the only thing that will decide whether or not it continues are the chances of success in finding that girl.”
John Tully, chairman of the Met’s police federation, showed in March that rank-and-file police think otherwise. He declared there were “rumblings of discontent” over the manpower and money ploughed into the Madeleine investigation and that it was “time to refocus” and channel resources into “keeping London safe”.
But as Sir Brian insists that the Met must continue with the hunt that has purportedly cost over £10 million so far, Britons denounced as “trolls” are channelling money hand-over-fist to the cause of the former Portuguese policeman sued by missing Madeleine’s parents for the message in his book the Truth of the Lie.

Gonçalo Amaral has announced that he is appealing against the decision that leaves him owing a whopping €600,000 in combined damages and interest payments - but it is no secret that the case has left him financially hamstrung. Thus the rallying of support, both here and in the UK is a life-raft.
Coordinated by a group of friends who have sole use of the money for legal defence costs only, it has quite literally kept him going.
“The best proof … is that he has come this far,” one of the fund ‘managers’ told us today. “He wouldn’t have otherwise.”
With the “gofundme” appeal started by Leanne Bulch, a young single mother from Birmingham, getting donations from an average of 70 people a day - and nudging ever-closer to its £25,000 target - Amaral has spoken to Visão magazine about the case that “destroyed his career, his family and his health”, saying “my life is gone. I am only alive due to my heart”.

He reveals not only that he will be counter-suing the McCann parents, their “group of friends” and “other people and entities” “in good time” but that, as far as he is concerned, the couple “practised a crime” and were “primarily responsible for their daughter’s disappearance” by leaving their children alone “for more than five nights”.
It is an extraordinary interview published in full on the “Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral” website set up by one of the friends who has fought tirelessly since 2009 for Amaral’s right to freedom of expression.
She told us how she is buoyed now by the “incredible response” coming every day from British people who have been described by the UK’s Sun newspaper as “sick trolls”.
The Resident has been following the fund and, as we suggested last week, the comments appearing on it do not seem to fit the profile of trolls in any way at all.
Indeed one was so poignant it has spurred Amaral supporters to send it to over 50 British newspapers and media professionals to highlight how strong feelings in the UK are about this eternal “mystery”.

Penned by a donor who gave her name as Paula Seddon, it ran as follows: “Kate and Gerry, you damaged the lives of my children when they were small as they thought someone was going to get into their bedroom windows as their catholic school told them your jack-a-nory story and asked them to pray. We had sleepless nights for years and a security routine to check doors and windows before sleep. Their anxiety and distress caused by your lies. I donated £5 back then to the school fund for you as at the time I thought you were genuine human beings. I cuddled and calmed them as I believed the fiction too. I would like to withdraw that money and give to a truth teller. The truth will be told. You cannot hide behind pity statements by calling people trolls and haters. People are waking up and realising your story is full of holes and had the real story broke back then, my children would not have been scared or scarred by your lies.”

But the day after the message was sent, the UK press ran only with the story that insists the search for missing Madeleine must continue.
Meantime, Amaral’s interview with Visão is being copied, tweeted and sent around the world.
As he tells journalist Alexandra Ferreira, he wrote the book that the McCann couple took him to court over as a “way to reply to the humiliation and the offences” that he has been “targeted with”.
“Deep down that was it. They say we are incompetent, they say we are a third world police force, drunkards, fat, lazy, etc., and the PJ police does not set out to defend us. Therefore I turned to writing, reporting the investigation that had been carried out, so people could draw their own conclusions.”
Asked what remains “unexplained in this case”, he said: “I don’t answer that question. Faced with what was said by the couple after the verdict was known, that they feel stronger, I just feel like saying that only vampires become stronger with their victims’ blood. Like Zeca Afonso sang: ‘They eat everything…’”

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 15.05.15 13:24

I just want to add my admiration to Hobs for her post on the previous page.

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 15.05.15 15:37

@jeanmonroe wrote:I 'wonder' if the Missing People 'charity' was one of the charities 'badgering' pensioner Olive Cooke for 'requests' for 'donations' before her death, yesterday?

She had 27 direct debits for 'charities'.

Some for £50 a month.

Was 'Missing People', one of them?

The 27 'charities' are going to be 'named', (DD's) apparently.
What a very sad thing to have happened.   I listened to her friend on lunchtime radio today and he said that she was getting overdraft charges on the DDs that she just could not keep up. The banks had been a big help and had halved the amount of overdraft charges, but  apparently she was struggling to feed herself because of the number of charities she was supporting.

One listener rang in and said she had resigned from one of the firms that work on behalf of the charities because the call centre staff are told to keep "pestering" until people agree to these DDs.

The Government need to stop these firms from ringing all of us I believe.

How much donated money actually goes to the actual cause?

By the time the charity agents take their cut, their staff wages, the charities staff wages and expenses to the CEO and other senior officers. 

I will certainly "slam" the phone down if I get any of their calls - disgraceful behaviour.

Sorry went a bit off topic there.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 15.05.15 16:26

WOW!!!! Someone just donated £1,000 to the fund

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 15.05.15 16:27

@sallypelt wrote:WOW!!!! Someone just donated £1,000 to the fund
Yes just saw that, wow.   In memory of their late mother, a magistrate.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 15.05.15 16:43

Nice one whoever you are PM. Fantastic that there's much more interest in this that the bikes of McCann/Payne or Healy/Webster.

Rogue-a-Tory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 15.05.15 18:00

When OG finally starts getting to the truth of the matter - it will be amazing. In the meantime, just reading through the comments on the fund page
is so encouraging...

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 15.05.15 19:26

@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:Nice one whoever you are PM. Fantastic that there's much more interest in this that the bikes of McCann/Payne or Healy/Webster.

PeterMac yes

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.05.15 21:27

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:Nice one whoever you are PM. Fantastic that there's much more interest in this that the bikes of McCann/Payne or Healy/Webster.

PeterMac yes
I wish !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 15.05.15 22:41

Would be nice if the Portuguese could do the same?

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Astonishing

Post by PeterMac on 16.05.15 8:40

" />

Just short of 25,000 EUROS

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 16.05.15 9:06

@Richard IV wrote:Would be nice if the Portuguese could do the same?

What's that supposed to mean? The Portuguese started the Fund in the first place with http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 16.05.15 11:01

I find it strange that bloggers who blog in their own name, bay for freedom of speech, promote their undying support for Goncalo Amaral, accuse others of being lacking because they hide behind online handles etc are absent on the list of donations in their own name.

So come on Ms Poulton and Ms Hutton, where are your donations?

Where is Blacksmith's donation?

ETA: I'm editing to add that currently (well as current as a six month old promise of some big media reveal) by Ms Poulton has obviously compromised donating a cent in her own name.

Cristobell is still banging on in her latest blog about her book being sabotaged by pro McCanns. Remarkably Summers & Swan are doing the same thing.

Anthony Sharples aka Blacksmith is promoting the royalties of a book for one month only.

So there are three outspoken bloggers promoting stuff and yet none of them have openly contributed to Amaral's defence fund in their own name.

Poulton and Hutton want everyone to feel free. Where are their donations?

I don't give a tinker's if it's £1 or £1M. The fact is it's absent.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 16.05.15 11:37

What's that supposed to mean? The Portuguese started the Fund in the first place with http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

That's correct.

The Portuguese started the fund in 2009.  
The "gofundme" one fronted by LB is only an extension of, and in tandem, with the one started by the Portuguese, hence the title "Gofundme.com/legal-defencepjga" (same acronym) in case that bit escapes people.

Anyway the "pjga.blogspot" has been mentioned and linked here from time to time in the past for people to donate, but the outreach was not as far reaching as the current FB one, in part because the verdict has made a hugh difference. People are now more aware that Dr Amaral will need all the support he can get, and partly because the tabloids labelling supporters "trolls" angered people, hence all the interesting commentaries.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 16.05.15 12:03

Alright, alright, no need to bite.  I mean one where people can add their comments.  There just doesn`t seem to be the same support for GA in Portugal as there is in UK.  Is Praiaa still about - she would know.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 16.05.15 19:53

Charles and Camilla have donated another substantial sum ! Good for them nod

£100
Charles & Camilla
4 hours ago
We normally like a good old fashioned coverup but this one is getting a tad out of hand don't you know. So we've decided to change allegiance and back the good guy now. The mccanns are becoming a complete embarrassment and one just doesn’t another Diana style coverup debacle. So it's time we told the old dear "on your bike" and keep going for 500 miles.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.05.15 20:04

I like this message:

Just another small donation, this case in imo is a mass cover up and corrupt to the core, do the right thing Sir Bernard-Hogan Howe, start the investigation from scratch, re question the McCann's and their friends, a big majority of the public have read the PJ files, and there is not one shred of evidence that supports an abduction, the public aren't stupid, so save the taxpayer yet more funds and put this case to rest along with the guilty parties, let justice be done for Snr Amaral who has been vilified for just doing his job, stay strong Snr Amaral, and God Bless you.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland on 17.05.15 11:08

The donations for Dr. Amaral are truly admirable, but he is the only person who will be helped by them: I believe there is a coverup and  no pleas to BHH will get him to admit there was no break-in. Whoever is being protected, it has gone on for seven years now and I can't see it being cancelled after all that time. The only thing that may change that is if Dr Amaral has some critical information to impart - but if he does how many people in the UK will know, given the attitude of the MSM?. If it is a coverup the McCanns know that they are in effect protected, in that if they were exposed they would spill the beans.

I believe that there are far too few of us to force an admission in this case - after all, the Princess Diana case is believed by millions and with good cause to be a coverup and that has lasted much longer.

espeland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.05.15 11:14

BHH HAS 'mentioned' ......'death, murder, murdered' when discussing this 'case'.

Having done 'that' WILL the McCann's be 'suing' him (and ex DCI Redwood 'may not have left apartment alive') for 'damages' for causing them all sorts of 'symptoms' regarding their 'health, status' etc., because by his saying 'death/murder' nobody will be looking for a 'live' Madeleine?

BHH has obviously 'harmed' the 'search', for Madeleine, hasn't he?

Nobody is going to 'look' for a 'live' Madeleine, after BHH said 'dead/murdered' in 'relation' to Madeleine McCann 'case'.

Which, of course, was 'crux' of their 'writ' against, another policeman.

GOTTA 'SUE' BHH, haven't they?

HAVEN'T THEY?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.05.15 13:31

Not a single contribution to GA's Fund from Rosalinde Hutton in her own name.

Come on Ros, put your money where your mouth is. It doesn't matter if it's a penny, a pound or a million.

I'm also extending this to PeterMac, Tony Bennett, Richard D Hall and everyone else who writes in their own name.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum