The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by stillsloppingout on 02.05.15 12:21

Middle pages of todays sun if somebody could post the link . im sorry I cannot post .

stillsloppingout

Posts : 489
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : N WEST ENGLAND

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by sar on 02.05.15 13:19

this is like a pent up tidal wave of press, gloves are off on the anti's

sar

Posts : 460
Reputation : 139
Join date : 2013-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Lands_end on 02.05.15 13:29

Does it sell newspapers? if yes then who gives a flying fcku about the truth.

Lands_end

Posts : 88
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2015-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MONSTER who MADE a MINT out of MADDIE

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.05.15 13:43

@stillsloppingout wrote:Middle pages of todays Sun if somebody could post the link . im sorry I cannot post .



The Sun is Britain's best-read newspaper with daily sales of 3.5 million and an estimated readership double that, i.e. 7 million.

About the same number as the numbers who were brainwashed by saw the BBC Crimewatch McCann Special in October 2013 (estimate: 6.7 million).


P.S.

* The Sun published the 'I am an anti-McCann bitch' article about Rosalinda Hutton earlier this year

* That article was arranged by Sonia Poulton, who is regularly employed by SKY on its chat shows

* The Summers & Swan book was serialised in the Sun last year

* Jenny Kleeman also works regularly for SKY News

* Kate McCann's book was seriaiised in the Sun 

* Operation Grange was set up at the behest of Rebekah Brooke, CEO of News International

* The Sun, SKY News and News International are all owned by Rupert Murdoch

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13964
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Bishop Brennan on 02.05.15 14:00

An article that was probably written months ago and just awaiting the result.  All part of the end-game plan. Won't be long now until SY close this thing down and the McCanns take over the search once again.  

This has all the hallmarks of a climatic final media blitz to firmly implant the notion that Amaral is completely discredited, as are all the trolls (s&s on the hook for that one).  SY will confirm it was an abduction as they close OG down due to lack of evidence / money / cooperation.  History rewritten. Whitewash complete. 

Amazing to watch. Sad to see.  And all done in plain sight and despite constant sniper fire on the Internet.

Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.05.15 14:12

@Bishop Brennan wrote:An article that was probably written months ago and just awaiting the result.  All part of the end-game plan. Won't be long now until SY close this thing down and the McCanns take over the search once again. This has all the hallmarks of a climatic final media blitz to firmly implant the notion that Amaral is completely discredited...
Indeed!

In fact, one is distinctly reminded of the final bars of Tchaikowski's [not to be confused with Krokowski btw] 1812 Overture - the 'V' for Vendetta bit at the end.

The press articles about Amaral's defeat, the ones this weekend, Jenny Kleeman's film and the final announcement by SY from a tearful, attractive, DCI Nicola Wall saying: 'It was an abductor who did it, we did our best, but we can't find him', should surely be accompanied by it...  

... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4h7NGMz2RI

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13964
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by puzzled on 02.05.15 14:21

Calling him a 'monster' - how disgusting!

And yet people are called 'vile internet trolls' for saying less about the McCanns.

____________________
...how did you feel the last time you squashed a bug? -psychopathic criminal, quoted in Robert Hare, Without Conscience

puzzled

Posts : 177
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by aiyoyo on 02.05.15 14:30

@Bishop Brennan wrote:An article that was probably written months ago and just awaiting the result.  All part of the end-game plan. Won't be long now until SY close this thing down and the McCanns take over the search once again.  

More likely S&S have been waiting for this result to replug their book.

Should people report the "Sun" to the Police for trolling retired police officer?

Only a low pond life of a journalist would label an retired police officer as "Monster".

Let's see if they can get away with labeling Kate & Gerry "EVIL PAIR" when it comes to that?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Silverspeed on 02.05.15 16:18

@Bishop Brennan wrote:An article that was probably written months ago and just awaiting the result.  All part of the end-game plan. Won't be long now until SY close this thing down and the McCanns take over the search once again.  

This has all the hallmarks of a climatic final media blitz to firmly implant the notion that Amaral is completely discredited, as are all the trolls (s&s on the hook for that one).  SY will confirm it was an abduction as they close OG down due to lack of evidence / money / cooperation.  History rewritten. Whitewash complete. 

Amazing to watch. Sad to see.  And all done in plain sight and despite constant sniper fire on the Internet.
I agree. This article is absolutely appalling but hardly surprising. The media certainly want to completely discredit him. If they haven't already.

After their efforts this week many people who have seen a few newspaper headlines and a couple of reports on the news will be under the impression that he definitely lied about them being involved and covering up her death. Hence the payout.
As you say Bishop Brennan, all part of the plan i suppose.

Silverspeed

Posts : 138
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by j.rob on 02.05.15 16:26

MONSTERS WHO MADE A MINT OUT OF MADDIE




Remember, Team McCann always accuse their critics of what they themselves are doing.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 225
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by aquila on 02.05.15 16:30

@puzzled wrote:Calling him a 'monster' - how disgusting!

And yet people are called 'vile internet trolls' for saying less about the McCanns.
If I could be bothered to look things up I'd wager that the only time the word 'monster' is used in the press is to describe murderers such as Ian Huntley, The Yorkshire Ripper, Ian Brady etc, you know the real monsters. Savile has probably been called a monster although he was allowed to roam free as a bird to commit heinous acts against children without any of the real monsters who stood by allowed it to happen and covered it up actually being named 'monsters' in the Sun.

Paedophiles are regularly called monsters.

Murderers are regularly called monsters.

Goncalo Amaral is neither of the above and yet he is now called a monster by the Sun.

Bloody disgusting but to be expected in the final throes of a cover up.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by aquila on 02.05.15 16:32

@j.rob wrote:MONSTERS WHO MADE A MINT OUT OF MADDIE




Remember, Team McCann always accuse their critics of what they themselves are doing.
This photograph is a photo-shopped mock-up and doesn't belong on this forum imo.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Angelique on 02.05.15 16:48

This trashing of GA in the papers is just an example of what those in charge can and will do to make us understand that they are in control. 

They can sway the public whichever way they want.

Unfortunately this is the way they want it.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by HelenMeg on 02.05.15 16:58

@Angelique wrote:This trashing of GA in the papers is just an example of what those in charge can and will do to make us understand that they are in control. 

They can sway the public whichever way they want.

Unfortunately this is the way they want it.
Yes, what can we do ? Its a very bleak outlook. This is the UK and it currently seems that lies, cover-ups and smut run rife through its heart.  It probably has always been that way except that only now, with the
internet, are we able to see it.  People like the Mc Canns  and those behind them that seek to cover up the truth cannot surely walk with their heads held high - have they really convinced themselves that what they stand for is truth?  How appalling for them...

As far as I can see , all I can do is support Goncalo - I cant think  of any other way to provide any contribution. I wish we could do more.

Can we rely on SY OG to get to the truth? Stranger things have happened

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by aquila on 02.05.15 17:20

I fear this is just the beginning of the pre-planned assault.

The death of Brenda Leyland was a mere hiccough in the proceedings. Still, Sky got it all sorted and Brunt is back on track. Jim Gamble is at the helm of internet saviour and Summers & Swann have an 'update' to their disastrous novel (yes, it's a novel).  The death of a pensioner who tweeted stuff was never going to stop the juggernaut for long. It was an inconvenient pit stop. Everything is back on track. The dossier has been passed around like kids chucking a hot boiled egg still in its shell and there will be no prosecution. Great cop out.

The next thing in this dreadful, most dreadful fiasco is a media onslaught of exposing 'trolls'. No-one can define a troll. No-one can prove that the media or indeed PR companies employ people to troll, although what better way to get your story eh? as an example, if there were any justice, that loon Stephen Birch would have been sued ages ago so I can only surmise either he's completely nuts or he's in the employ of something far more sinister. I know which I'm inclined to think.

For the sake of this forum which is not a troll-fest it's best to maintain decorum imo.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by stillsloppingout on 02.05.15 17:44

Yes Brunt back as if nothing had happened , the Tabloids , writing filth about a man calling him a monster emotive words , greedy Liar , Monster . Those words stick .

The Police stating Nobody will be prosecuted , was designed to draw a line so there would not be any counter claims . You bet there will be from now on though .

The only comforting fact is and this is the line I say when trying to get on radio phone ins [ remember always keep your cool ] is 

 " After eight years and millions of pounds there is STILL no evidence that the McCann's were NOT involved in the dissappearance of there daughter ".in other words the powers that be still have to prove there innocence .ONLY A RECONSTRUCTION COULD DO THIS , and because that will never happen, of course [ we know why ] , shelving , story's in the Sun . books by fantasists writing about the couple in flowery prose , is not enough .

They will still be in the eyes of the thousands if not Millions of people still regarded with suspicion .

stillsloppingout

Posts : 489
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : N WEST ENGLAND

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Richard IV on 02.05.15 18:01

Here is the MONSTER that wrote that piece of foul sewerage


Antonella Lavatory


and here is the MONSTER editor that allowed it to be published


David `Dungmore`

Richard IV

Posts : 514
Reputation : 244
Join date : 2015-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.05.15 18:05

Nigel Moore has transcribed the article and put it on mccannfiles thanks :


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Monster who made a mint out of Maddie
The Sun (paper edition, pages 36 & 37)

EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI  -  Saturday, May 2, 2015


 
ADORING women flock around him, chanting his name, throwing red roses and blowing him kisses.

Smiling and waving, their idol laps up the attention, posing for photos, signing autographs and even giving a lucky few a peck on the cheek.

For all the world you may have thought the man at the centre of the fuss and flashing a diamond earring stud was an ageing pop star greeting his fans at the stage door.

In fact the setting was the entrance to Lisbon's Palace of Justice and the man was former Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral.

This is the man Madeleine McCann's parents hold responsible for virtually destroying every hope there was of finding their daughter in the first crucial hours and days after she went missing on May 3, 2007.

And he is a man who has continued to add to their torment in the years since by claiming over and over that their beloved daughter is dead.

He has raked in nearly £400,000 from spouting these claims in a book and TV documentary.

He even hired an agent and was at one time charging £75,000 for an interview.


[He said this as a joke, and it wasn't £75,000 either - T.B.]

Before long he was driving a flashy Jag and living in a plush villa.

Tomorrow marks the eighth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine, who was three years old.

The scenes of Amaral preening in front of besotted fans outside court were witnessed by parents Kate and Gerry more than two years after that terrible night.


Back in October 2007 it was his comments made during a similar lunch that saw him taken off Madeleine's case.

Journalists overheard him loudly complaining that the McCanns were getting special treatment because they were from the UK, and criticising British police. He was removed after his comments were reported.

But it was surprising that Amaral was ever in charge in the first place.

Because at the time he was himself an "arguido" – an official suspect – in a case involving another mother of a missing child.

'Kate driven to tears by missed opportunities'

It was December 11, 2009, and incredibly, it was the first time Kate had ever set eyes on him.

As the mum was to write later in her book Madeleine: "It was also the first time he had laid eyes on me.

"It is extraordinary that he could have said and written so many awful things about a person he had never met."

This week the couple finally won their libel battle against Amaral that had begun back on that December day more than five years ago. He was ordered to pay them £433,000 and his book, The Truth of the Lie, was banned.

Kate, 46, has mostly kept a dignified silence on the subject of Amaral, but in one interview she revealed how son Sean, now nine, had told her: "Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine."

When Madeleine disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, Amaral, now 56, was quickly drafted in as the super-sleuth who would crack the case.

At the time he was the co-ordinator of the Policia Judiciaria's Criminal Investigation Department in Portimao.

But during the investigation he only met Gerry once and seemingly had not thought it relevant to even meet, let alone talk to, the mother of the child he was tasked with finding.

This isn't surprising given Amaral's arrogance and self-importance. Having met him several times he is unlike any police chief I have ever known.

At court, in his heavy gold chain and with his bulging belly, he conducted himself like a celebrity.

He gave TV interviews at every opportunity and wined and dined his fans – who all seemed to be women of a certain age with a fondness for bright red lipstick and fur coats – over long lunches.

[Lazzeri is referring to Joana Cipriano, murdered by her mother and uncle - and convicted and sent to jail for 16 years as a result of the detective work of Amarak - T.B.]    

He was being investigated for falsifying documents in a case involving three of his officers accused of torturing the missing girl's mum and uncle to get their confessions.

Little Joana Cipriano, eight, had disappeared in September 2004 from her village seven miles from Praia da Luz. She has never been found.


[Because the parents cut up her body into pieces, put the pieces in an old car, and sent it to a Spanish car-crushing company - T.B.]

The officers were cleared, but in May 2009 Amaral was convicted of perjury and received an 18-month suspended sentence.

Years later, as Kate combed through police files, she was to be driven to tears of frustration and rage by all the missed opportunities. So many leads and sightings had simply not been followed up.

The reason? From an early stage in the investigation, as Amaral later admitted in his book, he decided Madeleine had died in an accident.

Then, he reckoned, her parents panicked, hid her body and made up the story about her abduction.

So while Kate and Gerry were clinging to the hope that a huge manhunt would soon bring their daughter back to them, Amaral's team were in fact searching for clues and evidence to implicate them.

Even the cop assigned to be the McCanns' family liaison officer was in fact looking for hints of guilt, it emerged during the libel case.

Conclusions based on bizarre 'evidence'

One night, he told the court, Kate had phoned him to beg for a hilltop in Praia da Luz to be searched, because she had had a dream that Madeleine was buried there.

From this, he reported back to Amaral, he believed that Kate was admitting Madeleine was dead – further proof of the couples "guilt".

It seems absurd that a top police chief would base his conclusions on bizarre "evidence" such as this. And yet, much to Kate and Gerry's complete despair, he did.

No wonder Kate wrote in her book: "What probably galls me the most about Amaral's interviews is the way he presents himself as a person who, perhaps above all others, really wants to find Madeleine and get to the bottom of her fate.

"I cannot begin to express how much this outrages me."


Amaral began his attacks on the McCanns soon after being taken off the case and in July 2008 published his book, a bestseller in Portugal.

Amaral is well thought of in Portugal
and his utterings were clearly turning locals against the McCanns.

As Kate told me despairingly: "If people believe Madeleine is dead they will stop searching for her." Yet she never wanted to enter into a long libel battle against him.

It was Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte who told Kate and Gerry, 46, that they had no choice but to do it, declaring: "That man has accused you of burying your daughter!"

Meanwhile, Amaral's second wife Sofia Leal, 45 – with whom he has a daughter the same age as Madeleine – has said he has been "completely destroyed" by the case.

And recently Amaral himself, who is now retired, said: "It's hard to accept that I have to live this way just because I did my job."

For Kate and Gerry those words must cut deep.

Because they believe if Amaral HAD done his job their beloved Madeleine may now be with them. 



http://www,mccannfiles.com/id232.html

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13964
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by plebgate on 02.05.15 18:06

I have seen the headline posted and other than to say I think they had better hope that Rocky doesn't win his appeal because he will surely get mega bucks if he sues them, I am not going to comment on any newspaper articles such as this.

I have utter contempt for people who can print such a headline and I will not be wasting my time reading it.

PAH and double pah.

plebgate

Posts : 5443
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by sonic72 on 02.05.15 18:08

Just seen this and all I can say is WOW!

'monster' on what grounds?

Made a 'mint' ? What proof is there to say he made a 'mint'?

He made £280k according to their own previous reports, the Mccann's have taken him for approx £400k, he's lost money on the book, not made a mint.

The Mccanns are the ones who have made a mint, and they're using that money to now libel him back via the newspapers. That's about 3 papers in a few days that have libelled him. I hope he takes them to court because they have lied about him and tried to deliberately defame him. 

The Mccanns must be paying these papers a lot of money for them to risk putting out stories containing libel.

This show how nasty the Mccanns are, and these headlines are the words the 'pro' contingent use to defame Amaral.

I'm starting to wonder about Sonia Poulton, if she was really behind Amaral she would immediately disassociate herself from media sources that libel and tell lies on behalf of the Mccanns for money.

sonic72

Posts : 337
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by aquila on 02.05.15 18:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:Nigel Moore has transcribed the article and put it on mccannfiles thanks :


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Monster who made a mint out of Maddie
The Sun (paper edition, pages 36 & 37)

EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI  -  Saturday, May 2, 2015



 
ADORING women flock around him, chanting his name, throwing red roses and blowing him kisses.

Smiling and waving, their idol laps up the attention, posing for photos, signing autographs and even giving a lucky few a peck on the cheek.

For all the world you may have thought the man at the centre of the fuss and flashing a diamond earring stud was an ageing pop star greeting his fans at the stage door.

In fact the setting was the entrance to Lisbon's Palace of Justice and the man was former Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral.

This is the man Madeleine McCann's parents hold responsible for virtually destroying every hope there was of finding their daughter in the first crucial hours and days after she went missing on May 3, 2007.

And he is a man who has continued to add to their torment in the years since by claiming over and over that their beloved daughter is dead.

He has raked in nearly £400,000 from spouting these claims in a book and TV documentary.

He even hired an agent and was at one time charging £75,000 for an interview.




[He said this as a joke, and it wasn't £75,000 either - T.B.]


Before long he was driving a flashy Jag and living in a plush villa.

Tomorrow marks the eighth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine, who was three years old.

The scenes of Amaral preening in front of besotted fans outside court were witnessed by parents Kate and Gerry more than two years after that terrible night.


[Lazzeri means Joana Cipriano, the 8-year-old murdered by her mother and uncle, convicted and sent to jail for 16 years as the result of Amaral's investigation - T.B.]

  
He was being investigated for falsifying documents in a case involving three of his officers accused of torturing the missing girl's mum and uncle to get their confessions.

Little Joana Cipriano, eight, had disappeared in September 2004 from her village seven miles from Praia da Luz. She has never been found.




[Because the murderers cut up her body and sent it, in pieces, in an old car...to be crushed by a car-crushing company, as they voluntarily confessed - T.B.]


The officers were cleared, but in May 2009 Amaral was convicted of perjury and received an 18-month suspended sentence.

Years later, as Kate combed through police files, she was to be driven to tears of frustration and rage by all the missed opportunities. So many leads and sightings had simply not been followed up.

The reason? From an early stage in the investigation, as Amaral later admitted in his book, he decided Madeleine had died in an accident.

Then, he reckoned, her parents panicked, hid her body and made up the story about her abduction.

So while Kate and Gerry were clinging to the hope that a huge manhunt would soon bring their daughter back to them, Amaral's team were in fact searching for clues and evidence to implicate them.

Even the cop assigned to be the McCanns' family liaison officer was in fact looking for hints of guilt, it emerged during the libel case.

Conclusions based on bizarre 'evidence'

One night, he told the court, Kate had phoned him to beg for a hilltop in Praia da Luz to be searched, because she had had a dream that Madeleine was buried there.

From this, he reported back to Amaral, he believed that Kate was admitting Madeleine was dead – further proof of the couples "guilt".

It seems absurd that a top police chief would base his conclusions on bizarre "evidence" such as this. And yet, much to Kate and Gerry's complete despair, he did.

No wonder Kate wrote in her book: "What probably galls me the most about Amaral's interviews is the way he presents himself as a person who, perhaps above all others, really wants to find Madeleine and get to the bottom of her fate.

"I cannot begin to express how much this outrages me."

Amaral began his attacks on the McCanns soon after being taken off the case and in July 2008 published his book, a bestseller in Portugal.

Amaral is well thought of in Portugal and his utterings were clearly turning locals against the McCanns.

As Kate told me despairingly: "If people believe Madeleine is dead they will stop searching for her." Yet she never wanted to enter into a long libel battle against him.

It was Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte who told Kate and Gerry, 46, that they had no choice but to do it, declaring: "That man has accused you of burying your daughter!"

Meanwhile, Amaral's second wife Sofia Leal, 45 – with whom he has a daughter the same age as Madeleine – has said he has been "completely destroyed" by the case.

And recently Amaral himself, who is now retired, said: "It's hard to accept that I have to live this way just because I did my job."

For Kate and Gerry those words must cut deep.

Because they believe if Amaral HAD done his job their beloved Madeleine may now be with them.


 http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html


'Kate driven to tears by missed opportunities'


It was December 11, 2009, and incredibly, it was the first time Kate had ever set eyes on him.

As the mum was to write later in her book Madeleine: "It was also the first time he had laid eyes on me.

"It is extraordinary that he could have said and written so many awful things about a person he had never met."

This week the couple finally won their libel battle against Amaral that had begun back on that December day more than five years ago. He was ordered to pay them £433,000 and his book, The Truth of the Lie, was banned.

Kate, 46, has mostly kept a dignified silence on the subject of Amaral, but in one interview she revealed how son Sean, now nine, had told her: "Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine."

When Madeleine disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, Amaral, now 56, was quickly drafted in as the super-sleuth who would crack the case.

At the time he was the co-ordinator of the Policia Judiciaria's Criminal Investigation Department in Portimao.

But during the investigation he only met Gerry once and seemingly had not thought it relevant to even meet, let alone talk to, the mother of the child he was tasked with finding.

This isn't surprising given Amaral's arrogance and self-importance. Having met him several times he is unlike any police chief I have ever known.

At court, in his heavy gold chain and with his bulging belly, he conducted himself like a celebrity.

He gave TV interviews at every opportunity and wined and dined his fans – who all seemed to be women of a certain age with a fondness for bright red lipstick and fur coats – over long lunches.

Back in October 2007 it was his comments made during a similar lunch that saw him taken off Madeleine's case.

Journalists overheard him loudly complaining that the McCanns were getting special treatment because they were from the UK, and criticising British police. He was removed after his comments were reported.

But it was surprising that Amaral was ever in charge in the first place.

Because at the time he was himself an "arguido" – an official suspect – in a case involving another mother of a missing child.
 
This part jumps out to me

It was Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte who told Kate and Gerry, 46, that they had no choice but to do it, declaring: "That man has accused you of burying your daughter!"

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Richard IV on 02.05.15 18:17

Crikey - she really has scraped the bottom of the sewer for that piece - not one word of it is true.

Why the need to make up so many lies ?  Is there any need to be that extreme with her vitriol ?

I believe she`s friendly with Gerry McCann - so undoubtedly came from his direction - she`s saying all the things he dare not say.  She (and her editor) must be sure Goncalo will not sue her - because he`d have a clear cut case against both of them. I don`t think this woman could have sunk any lower.

I just cannot see her motive for writing such a piece unless she`s being paid handsomely.

Richard IV

Posts : 514
Reputation : 244
Join date : 2015-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by aquila on 02.05.15 18:33

You really have to ask yourself why this filth has not only been written but given prominence in the Sun. I can only surmise that it's the pre-emptive strike to close down anything that isn't all lovey dovey about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. It's the equivalent of a 'like' button option only.

It's gone from Sky News outing Brenda Leyland on rolling news every 15 minutes for an entire day with misleading offerings to now calling Goncalo Amaral a monster in a Murdoch publication.

My heart aches. It aches because there's a little three year old that is now an icon, a cash cow, a little person with no voice who is now the victim of more than significant treachery. Shame on them all. Shame on them.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Five Star on 02.05.15 18:34

The monster who would have accepted the lie detector results........ huh

Five Star

Posts : 110
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : erf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Newspaper today have done a Hatchet job on Goncalo

Post by Joss on 02.05.15 18:46

LOL, They sure must be hard up for some sensationalist news headlines these days over in the U.K. Its funny though because about 80-90% of the population don't believe the McScam's story, and believe the parents know what happened to Madeleine. They ain't fooling anyone, only themselves, and i guess if they repeat the lies often enough then maybe that will eventually feel like the truth to them, but most people aren't buying what they are trying to sell. They are all so obviously transparent and nobody really cares anymore. In fact we're about over it.

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum