The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Post by NickE on 28.04.15 19:51

Debbie Law‏

[ltr]@dminnimouse[/ltr]

Snr Amaral is to launch an appeal and rightly so
Confirmed by Astro
awaiting further details

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.04.15 19:56

Waited this long so think I'll reserve judgement until the truth be known - if ever.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 28.04.15 20:02

I have nothing much to contribute to the announcement of the verdict. I posted last week (or maybe the week before) that I expected Sr Amaral to pay some token gesture and there to be a caveat not to produce the book in English. I didn't get the detail right but the outcome is similar.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.04.15 20:08

Weirdest outcome I've come across considering that during the "Reading of the Facts" all their claims were "not proved"; except for one "proven, but with a qualifying statement - pain pre exists before book.

Then also considering book was banned (first instance court, using underhand tactics), then unbanned (by a penal of three judges), then Mcs' appeal overruled by Highest Court in the Land of Portugal.  

You'd think it is IMPOSSIBLE for this Judge to rescind the decision of 2nd instance Court and the decision of the Highest Court in the Land, but apparently she did.

All previous indications point to a win for Amaral. Even he seemed confident of it, so what last minute sudden change has brought this turn around ?  I just don't get it.

The outcome was due in March, but delayed (likely due to last minute submission by Mcs side), and now THIS!  Gutted for Amaral.

It's as if the Judge was leaned on.......not saying, just saying......

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by speefts on 28.04.15 20:13

angrypcuser 
Just got home and can't believe what I'm reading here. What on Earth...? Again it seems that the press are being led by the nose like a bull by the doorstepper and the pink one. I have no faith in the press or the justice system anymore. I want to know exactly what was said in court. This is utter garbage Sad

speefts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.04.15 20:16

Cannot believe this verdict, so sad for Rocky, but he is a fighter and I am pleased to see that he is going to appeal the decision.

He has won his other appeals,  I hope that he will win the next.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 28.04.15 20:22

@aiyoyo wrote:Weirdest outcome I've come across considering that during the "Reading of the Facts" all their claims were "not proved"; except for one "proven, but with a qualifying statement - pain pre exists before book.

Then also considering book was banned (first instance court, using underhand tactics), then unbanned (by a penal of three judges), then Mcs' appeal overruled by Highest Court in the Land of Portugal.  

You'd think it is IMPOSSIBLE for this Judge to rescind the decision of 2nd instance Court and the decision of the Highest Court in the Land, but apparently she did.

All previous indications point to a win for Amaral. Even he seemed confident of it, so what last minute sudden change has brought this turn around ?  I just don't get it.

The outcome was due in March, but delayed (likely due to last minute submission by Mcs side), and now THIS!  Gutted for Amaral.

It's as if the Judge was leaned on.......not saying, just saying......
I completely agree with you, aiyoyo. I never thought it would happen again after the initial political interference.

Amazing.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.04.15 20:26

Still none the wiser re. The WOC issue.   Will there be a copy of the judgement available on the internet any time soon I wonder?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 28.04.15 20:26

@Lance De Boils wrote:I'd like to wait to see the court report before passing too much comment on this.
Indeed.

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 28.04.15 20:47

@plebgate wrote:Cannot believe this verdict, so sad for Rocky, but he is a fighter and I am pleased to see that he is going to appeal the decision.

He has won his other appeals,  I hope that he will win the next.

I am pleased too.

I just remember that since this case was first lodged, (about 5 years ago?) Redwood of the yard publicly stated that it is likely that Madeleine did not leave 5A alive - thus backing the dog's alerts - and backing up Amaral's theory.

I really do think he will be successful in any appeal.

Was the judge 'got at?'

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.04.15 20:59

Makes one wonder if Rocky would have been better off just getting the translated files published in book form? 

Didn't the judge say something along the lines that in his book Rocky stated something that was not in the files?  Can't remember the exact wording but could this be the reason he lost?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 28.04.15 21:18

@Gaggzy wrote:Was the judge 'got at?'

If he appeals wont there be a panel of judges to decide the outcome? If so, then a panel would be less 'moveable'.

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 28.04.15 21:20

@plebgate wrote:would have been better off just getting the translated files published in book form? 

Still could be done by someone if it's legal to publish in book form.

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.04.15 21:22

oh and if it was legal Sonic72 and somebody did publish them, I wonder if the money would/could be given to Rocky's appeal fund?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 28.04.15 21:25

Here comes Sky News headline today (my bolding/underlining etc)

McCanns 'Delighted' With £433k Libel Victory
Kate and Gerry McCann say their legal action "was never about money" after winning a two-year libel trial in Portugal.

http://news.sky.com/story/1473806/mccanns-delighted-with-433k-libel-victory

In the body copy...

"We want to emphasise that the action was never about money. It has always been focused on the effects of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine," they said in a statement.
"A lot has changed in the last six years since we started the action and we are pleased that there is an active investigation in both Portugal and the UK.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tungsten tel on 28.04.15 21:29

Im now completely done with the so called establishment. Ive had a couple of bad weeks being shafted by an agency whilst working abroad and I can't do a thing. Just like the McCanns , nobody can do a thing. Fucking bullet proof......

tungsten tel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.04.15 21:30

@aquila wrote:Here comes Sky News headline today (my bolding/underlining etc)

Kate and Gerry McCann say their legal action "was never about money" after winning a two-year libel trial in Portugal.

In the body copy...

"We want to emphasise that the action was never about money. It has always been focused on the effects of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine," they said in a statement.
"A lot has changed in the last six years since we started the action and we are pleased that there is an active investigation in both Portugal and the UK.
A tweeter just asked on twitter - since the libel case was NOT about the money, should the money be given towards the £10 million Met investigation?

Now I believe that is a very good question indeed.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 28.04.15 21:42

Scouring for comment on this :

1. Courtesy of the 'blacksmith bureau'
Editor John Blacksmith regrets…
28 April 2015 19:02

That he’s away from his desk. Changing his underwear.

2. Courtesy of Textusa blogspot

Textusa28 Apr 2015, 20:15:00
About what we have been told about the trial decision let's wait and see, let's wait for the snow to settle in the globe shall we?

IF all we've heard is true, then only surprised by the amount, not by decision.

However, many things smell foul. Are illogical and go against Portuguese Constitution.

So we prefer to read original document before saying anything.

When book was banned, it was bad news, wasn't it?

Chin up, please!

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 28.04.15 21:46

@tungsten tel wrote:Im now completely done with the so called establishment. Ive had a couple of bad weeks being shafted by an agency whilst working abroad and I can't do a thing. Just like the McCanns , nobody can do a thing. Fucking bullet proof......
Money buys law. The law isn't about justice. The law is about buying the best lawyers to fight your case. Whatever people think, justice and the law are not easy bedfellows. Even in a simple divorce for an average person everyone becomes an expert on justice and tell you the law. It ain't about justice it's about points of law and who can afford the better lawyer.

The fact the McCanns can afford the best lawyers is down to who supports them financially. They can't afford it personally on their now single salary as Kate gave up work and her effort into writing her book proclaimed that all would be ploughed into the Fund. There are a lot of sharks out there and I don't think for one minute the McCanns are sponsored by pensioners, children and fundraising activities. Their accounts don't show public donations that demonstrate this.

As for yourself tungsten tel....here's a hug empathy

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 28.04.15 21:49

There should be an emoticon for a forum group hug..it makes sense

From day 1 this has been a rollercoaster ride of extreme ups and downs -this is just another section

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.04.15 21:51

@aquila wrote:I have nothing much to contribute to the announcement of the verdict. I posted last week (or maybe the week before) that I expected Sr Amaral to pay some token gesture and there to be a caveat not to produce the book in English. I didn't get the detail right but the outcome is similar.
I too have said before now that the McCanns would be awarded some recompense (if that's the right word) + the outcome of this trial has no bearing whatsoever on any investigation into Madelene McCann's disappearance.  It neither confirms their innocence or confirms their guilt.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.04.15 21:52

Does anyone know why the other defendants have not been mentioned in this news today?   Did Clarrie only comment on the decision against Rocky?

Please can someone in Portugal advise re. the written verdict - when will it be made public and let us know the outcome re. the other defendants.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 28.04.15 21:52

@aquila wrote:Here comes Sky News headline today (my bolding/underlining etc)

In the body copy...

And what exactly would the effect on the other children be ? To show their parents up as the liars they are. Oh, and just what has changed in six years ? proof of abduction ? confirmed sighting ? I cannot begin to describe the contempt I hold for the despicable pair.

snook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH on 28.04.15 21:53

I'm shocked beyond words.................  sad1

TMH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 28.04.15 22:03

615 users online  - treble the usual - not surprising