The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Mm11

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Mm11

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Regist10

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Empty Re: Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Post by sonic72 28.04.15 19:02

sharonl wrote:How could a court place a second ban on a book when the original ban was overturned by a higher court?
Exactly, how can a judge in a damages case overturn a high court ruling? Doesn't sound right to me.

As for empty pockets, no money goes to them until the appeal is over, if he decides to go that route. 

He earned more from the book than they won didn't he?

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Empty Re: Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Post by puzzled 28.04.15 19:03

This is unbelievable!

I'm gobsmacked - just gobsmacked!

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 28.04.15 19:03

sonic72 wrote:
lj wrote:I have his book, can anyone tell me where to get the DVD? Than I will personally take care that from now on the content of the book and DVD are available on the internet.
You could always download the video from youtube.
Thanks I will before it disappears, that is the TV documentary?

Do you have a link by any chance? I know I'm shameless, but I am shaking behind my computer, that's how mad I am!

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.04.15 19:09

sharonl wrote:How could a court place a second ban on a book when the original ban was overturned by a higher court?

No idea.  Will have to wait till Judgement Summary is published.

It would appear verdict documents must have been leaked to Press, and lawyers learned of this through the news reports.   It's ludicrous and outrageous!

Team Amaral's legal team should file a complaint to the Court about the leak to the Press ahead of lawyers, which is in principle is totally wrong.

Look what happened at the last appeal.  With luck history might repeat itself.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 28.04.15 19:12

Hopefully , the fact that the Bali drug smugglers have now been shot [ sorry I have no sympathy ] the Earthquake , and Kate about to drop may keep this story from Dominating tomorrows papers .

Oh and Keith Harris who lives half a mile from me RIP .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosey 28.04.15 19:13

I have just read this very disappointing news, words cannot describe how I feel about that loathsome couple but as the old saying goes - it's a long road with no turning.  They have trod on everyone that has dared to speak up for the truth but one day their world will crash around them and it may be sooner than we think.
Boosey

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.04.15 19:15

sonic72 wrote:
Exactly, how can a judge in a damages case overturn a high court ruling? Doesn't sound right to me.

As for empty pockets, no money goes to them until the appeal is over, if he decides to go that route. 

He earned more from the book than they won didn't he?

I don't think they have overturned the court ruling, the book itself isn't banned, but they have banned the publishing of any more copies? In other words the court doesn't want to make the situation any worse than it already is?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.04.15 19:17

stillsloppingout wrote:Hopefully , the fact that the Bali drug smugglers have now been shot [ sorry I have no sympathy ] the Earthquake , and Kate about to drop may keep this story from Dominating tomorrows papers .

Kate Middleton's second baby due very imminently will put this news in the shadow.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 28.04.15 19:21

aiyoyo wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:Hopefully , the fact that the Bali drug smugglers have now been shot [ sorry I have no sympathy ] the Earthquake , and Kate about to drop may keep this story from Dominating tomorrows papers .

Kate Middleton's second baby due very imminently will put this news in the shadow.

From one Kate to another.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.04.15 19:35

This. by the way, is from the Guardian ...... MM's parent win libel damages in trial of police chief 

' ....... In a statement issued by their family spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, they said: “We are delighted with the judge’s verdict today. We want to emphasise the action was never about money. It was entirely focused on the effect of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine.
“A lot has changed in the six years since we launched the action and we are pleased that there is still an active investigation in both Portugal and the UK. We would like to remind people that there is still an innocent little girl who is missing and that those responsible for her abduction remain at large.”

Once again, as in GM's statement from 2007,
 ....... 'we continue to hope for the best possible outcome from this for us ..... and for Madeleine' 
Madeleine comes second. Why just the effect of the libels on their other children, how about the effect of the libels on Madeleine, who is after all only missing?

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.04.15 19:35

I think the Mcs may have won something, but the news outlets are plucking the figure out of thin air, with each paper printing a different figure.

Portugal's Court has never in its history paid out such a hugh sum ever in civil cases.
  If the high figure reported is to be believed, then this unprecedented figure (awarded to foreigners) is record breaking indeed !
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 28.04.15 19:40

Does this mean goncalo will have to pay his and their Court Costs?   That would surely cripple him financially.  Sad
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Activity : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 28.04.15 19:43

Speechless and disgusted.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.04.15 19:46

aiyoyo wrote:I think the Mcs may have won something, but the news outlets are plucking the figure out of thin air, with each paper printing a different figure.

Portugal's Court has never in its history paid out such a hugh sum ever in civil cases.
  If the high figure reported is to be believed, then this unprecedented figure (awarded to foreigners) is record breaking indeed !

It might just be a percentage of the book and dvd profits?

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by brixham 28.04.15 19:50

According to Sky the McCanns have been awarded 106,000 Euros, I'm not sure I would call that a victory.
brixham
brixham

Activity : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 28.04.15 19:51

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 RRV__rLr_biggerDebbie Law‏

[ltr]@dminnimouse[/ltr]

Snr Amaral is to launch an appeal and rightly so
Confirmed by Astro
awaiting further details

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.04.15 19:56

Waited this long so think I'll reserve judgement until the truth be known - if ever.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.04.15 20:02

I have nothing much to contribute to the announcement of the verdict. I posted last week (or maybe the week before) that I expected Sr Amaral to pay some token gesture and there to be a caveat not to produce the book in English. I didn't get the detail right but the outcome is similar.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.04.15 20:08

Weirdest outcome I've come across considering that during the "Reading of the Facts" all their claims were "not proved"; except for one "proven, but with a qualifying statement - pain pre exists before book.

Then also considering book was banned (first instance court, using underhand tactics), then unbanned (by a penal of three judges), then Mcs' appeal overruled by Highest Court in the Land of Portugal.  

You'd think it is IMPOSSIBLE for this Judge to rescind the decision of 2nd instance Court and the decision of the Highest Court in the Land, but apparently she did.

All previous indications point to a win for Amaral. Even he seemed confident of it, so what last minute sudden change has brought this turn around ?  I just don't get it.

The outcome was due in March, but delayed (likely due to last minute submission by Mcs side), and now THIS!  Gutted for Amaral.

It's as if the Judge was leaned on.......not saying, just saying......
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by speefts 28.04.15 20:13

angrypcuser 
Just got home and can't believe what I'm reading here. What on Earth...? Again it seems that the press are being led by the nose like a bull by the doorstepper and the pink one. I have no faith in the press or the justice system anymore. I want to know exactly what was said in court. This is utter garbage Sad
speefts
speefts

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.04.15 20:16

Cannot believe this verdict, so sad for Rocky, but he is a fighter and I am pleased to see that he is going to appeal the decision.

He has won his other appeals,  I hope that he will win the next.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 28.04.15 20:22

aiyoyo wrote:Weirdest outcome I've come across considering that during the "Reading of the Facts" all their claims were "not proved"; except for one "proven, but with a qualifying statement - pain pre exists before book.

Then also considering book was banned (first instance court, using underhand tactics), then unbanned (by a penal of three judges), then Mcs' appeal overruled by Highest Court in the Land of Portugal.  

You'd think it is IMPOSSIBLE for this Judge to rescind the decision of 2nd instance Court and the decision of the Highest Court in the Land, but apparently she did.

All previous indications point to a win for Amaral. Even he seemed confident of it, so what last minute sudden change has brought this turn around ?  I just don't get it.

The outcome was due in March, but delayed (likely due to last minute submission by Mcs side), and now THIS!  Gutted for Amaral.

It's as if the Judge was leaned on.......not saying, just saying......
I completely agree with you, aiyoyo. I never thought it would happen again after the initial political interference.

Amazing.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.04.15 20:26

Still none the wiser re. The WOC issue.   Will there be a copy of the judgement available on the internet any time soon I wonder?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 28.04.15 20:26

Lance De Boils wrote:I'd like to wait to see the court report before passing too much comment on this.
Indeed.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 28.04.15 20:47

plebgate wrote:Cannot believe this verdict, so sad for Rocky, but he is a fighter and I am pleased to see that he is going to appeal the decision.

He has won his other appeals,  I hope that he will win the next.

I am pleased too.

I just remember that since this case was first lodged, (about 5 years ago?) Redwood of the yard publicly stated that it is likely that Madeleine did not leave 5A alive - thus backing the dog's alerts - and backing up Amaral's theory.

I really do think he will be successful in any appeal.

Was the judge 'got at?'
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top