The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***Janner WILL be prosecuted - News, 29 Jun 2015*** (was: After Lord Janner I now believe the Establishment DOES shamelessly twist justice to protect its own - STEPHEN GLOVER, The Daily Mail)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***Janner WILL be prosecuted - News, 29 Jun 2015*** (was: After Lord Janner I now believe the Establishment DOES shamelessly twist justice to protect its own - STEPHEN GLOVER, The Daily Mail)

Post by plebgate on 12.08.15 10:15

Anybody know if the miracle cure was ever reported in any Worldwide medical journals.   I am surprised some drug company/medical person hasn't made an absolute fortune out of this miracle cure.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***Janner WILL be prosecuted - News, 29 Jun 2015*** (was: After Lord Janner I now believe the Establishment DOES shamelessly twist justice to protect its own - STEPHEN GLOVER, The Daily Mail)

Post by Doug D on 13.08.15 20:06

.    ExaroNews ‏@ExaroNews 5h5 hours ago

Lord Janner: fury at High Court because BBC announced decision before ruling was given. Others followed, but Exaro waited until ruling made.
.    ExaroNews ‏@ExaroNews 4h4 hours ago

Lord Janner: in case this is overlooked, it is noteworthy that prosecution made no response to defence applications at High Court hearing.

Lord Janner: defence lawyers seek to appeal rejection in High Court of application to overturn order to appear at magistrates court tmrw.

Lord Janner: we expect further appeal to be heard in High Court this afternoon. Lawyers want to appeal ruling in High Court from earlier.
.    ExaroNews ‏@ExaroNews 3h3 hours ago

Lord Janner: defence lawyers decide against making further appeal. Lord Janner must appear at Westminster magistrates court tomorrow.

ExaroNews ‏@ExaroNews 2h2 hours ago
Lord Janner is, after all, due to appear at Westminster mags tmrw charged on 22 counts of #childsexabuse. We shall tweet.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 13.08.15 20:27

There is no way they will get him inside a court room.

He'll be dead before that.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 22.08.15 10:07

Lord Janner sued by six alleged victims who claim he abused them as children

22:00, 20 AUGUST 2015 BY TOM PETTIFOR

The legal move comes despite the chance the 87-year-old peer could face criminal trial if he is found fit to plead

Six of Lord Janner’s alleged child sex victims have launched civil compensation claims against the peer despite the fact he could still be involved in a criminal trial.
Some of these middle-aged men also feature in the criminal case and are all anonymous in court documents.
Janner, who lives in a £2million home, could be sued for £2.5million.
The 87-year-old peer is charged with sexually abusing nine boys and the next stage of the case is due to be heard next month.
Abuse lawyer, Liz Dux, of Slater and Gordon, who represents the six alleged victims said yesterday: “Protective Court proceedings have had to be commenced in High Court due to the time limits that apply.”
The six first wanted to sue in April, it is believed, when Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders ruled Janner was too sick to be charged.
Solicitors are legally obliged to lodge proceedings as soon as possible unless a defendant agrees to freeze the case.

Janner’s lawyers were yesterday accused of forcing the men to issue the proceedings prematurely by refusing the request.
It means alleged victims could possibly be accused of making up allegations for cash when the case is heard at Southwark crown court.
Ms Dux added: “We had requested those representing Janner grant an extension of time until after the outcome of criminal proceedings were known but that request was denied.
“We have, therefore, been forced to take this action to protect our clients’ interests. We are applying that the High Court stay civil proceedings until the conclusion of criminal proceedings.”
A review overturned the DPP ruling and a judge must now decide if the former Labour MP is fit to plead. If so, a full trial may take place but if not, there will most likely be a trial of facts and a jury will decide only if he committed the abuse, with no finding of guilt and no conviction.
Janner faces 22 charges from the 60s to 80s. His youngest alleged victim was eight. He is accused of 15 counts of indecent assault and seven of buggery.
The peer’s family strongly denies claims.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lord-janner-sued-six-alleged-6288407#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 22.08.15 10:51

@Doug D wrote:
Janner faces 22 charges from the 60s to 80s. His youngest alleged victim was eight. He is accused of 15 counts of indecent assault and seven of buggery.

How can the "family" strongly deny anything. Were they there ?
By 'strongly' denying, they are as we know implicitly accepting that it is probably true.

We have seen this elsewhere with ludicrous sisters from thousands of miles away denying that a brother could have done, or not done, anything suggested or not suggested, by the police, or anyone else.

Why don't they just shut up ? They make things WORSE - assuming they can be, of course.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.08.15 10:53

Janner's appearance at the court was a stage set - 'how wonderful' and 'let's go and have an ice cream' sort of response whilst looking like George Bush in a cardigan and a baseball cap was to be expected. I have a feeling the main focus will now be on how quickly Janner's alzheimers progressed. This could string things out for a long time. Legal arguments will abound and by the time anything is even partly resolved he'll probably have departed this earth at which point there will be a sigh of relief from other ageing members of the establishment.

It's a paper tiger.

Just my opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Janner will face prosecution

Post by willowthewisp on 22.08.15 10:57

Hi Doug D,
It really is amazing the chicanery and deceptions being used against the alleged abused children by Lord Janner's legal representatives, one wonders if he has applied for legal aid seeing he is so poor and destitute to have made sure his assets were taken care of before he developed late stage dementia!
Let us hope that if it  proceeds to a trial that the defence solicitors point out to the Court of the alleged abused children had to take this course of action in their clients' interest and not Lord Janner's legal team who will make light of them proceeding for a financial gain if the case is proven against dear Granville, anyone remember the speech on pursuance of holocaust abusers should always stand trial for what they had done, "Chickens coming home to roost, now Greville"? yes

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 22.08.15 11:15

I agree, PeterMac. 

This is taking family loyalty to extremes.

Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 22.08.15 11:34

@PeterMac wrote:
@Doug D wrote:

How can the "family" strongly deny anything.   Were they there ?
By 'strongly' denying, they are as we know implicitly accepting that it is probably true.

We have seen this elsewhere with ludicrous sisters from thousands of miles away denying that a brother could have done, or not done, anything suggested or not suggested, by the police, or anyone else.

Why don't they just shut up ? They make things WORSE - assuming they can be, of course.
"How can the "family" strongly deny anything. Were they there ?"

Exactly.  This is where I shake my head and go weak at the knees. Unless you are there, YOU CAN'T KNOW. This is where I have difficulty with some of Rachael Mampilly's statement. She's talking about her husband doing  certain things, on 3 May 2007 WHEN SHE WASN'T THERE!.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 01.09.15 17:21

.     ExaroNews ‏‪@ExaroNews 7h7 hours ago

Lord Janner: hearing re multiple charges of #childsexabuse due at Old Bailey this afternoon. The ex-MP not expected to attend.

.     ExaroNews ‏‪@ExaroNews 1h1 hour ago

Lord Janner does not attend hearing at Old Bailey. Hearing re fitness to plead pencilled in for Dec 7.

.     ExaroNews ‏‪@ExaroNews 60m60 minutes ago

Lord Janner: pos trial of facts pencilled in for Feb 22, or April 5 if more time is needed for case.

ExaroNews ‏‪@ExaroNews 51m51 minutes ago

Lord Janner: hearing finished. Next hearing scheduled for December 7.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CPS - case against Janner 'overwhelming' and level of abuse 'horrific'

Post by Doug D on 15.01.16 12:39

Blimey, the BBC going against the establishment ‘it never happened’ line!

We’ll have the Times and Daily Mail  taking up the story next.

No trial of facts happening then as decreed in Court this morning, but an instant verdict put out by the Beeb.

Wonders will never cease.

Lord Janner 'abused 12 at children's homes'

By Tom Symonds & Daniel De Simone & Noel Titheradge
BBC News 2 hours ago

Twelve former residents of children's homes say they were abused by Lord Janner, a BBC investigation has found, as criminal proceedings end.

The peer, who died before a court could examine claims of child abuse against him, regularly visited homes in Leicester in the 1970s and 1980s.

An ex-police officer says he reported suspicions about Lord Janner, a decade before police began a full inquiry.

Lord Janner, who had dementia and died aged 87 in December, had denied abuse.

A "trial of the facts", due to take place in April, has now been shelved by prosecutors.

A jury would have been asked to decide - without reaching a decision about whether he was guilty - if 22 alleged incidents of abuse from the 1960s to the 1980s had taken place.

Lord Janner's family have said he is "entirely innocent" and a man of "great integrity and high repute".

However, the BBC has traced and interviewed dozens of men and women who lived at children's homes in Leicestershire in the 70s and 80s.

It has also spoken to council officials, social workers, police officers and journalists involved in investigating the case of Frank Beck, a notorious care home manager who was eventually convicted of child abuse.

One man, Mark, who has never spoken about his experiences publicly before, said Lord Janner, a member of the Magic Circle, would undress him, wash him and touch him intimately, during visits to the Moel Llys children's home to perform magic shows.

Mark said he was 11 or 12 at the time. "It's mentally scarred me for life," he told the BBC. "I can never get rid of it. You feel ashamed and you feel dirty. Useless and worthless."

The BBC has learned that lawyers are now representing at least 20 men and one woman, including the 12 residents of children's homes, who say the former MP abused them.

Police have said they have information from 25 alleged victims.

Five alleged they were abused at the same Leicester primary school when Greville Janner visited. The allegations range from groping to the most serious forms of child sexual abuse.

They also include:
            a former resident of The Beeches children's home who claims he was forced to have sex with Lord Janner during an overnight stay at a different home
            a man, also once a Beeches resident, who claims Lord Janner and Frank Beck both seriously abused him
            an allegation the late peer severely abused a boy in his primary school classroom and playroom
            two men claiming Lord Janner abused them in the House of Commons during a visit
                        allegations the MP took boys to the swimming pool of the Leicester Holiday Inn where he groped them

Frank Beck was a Liberal Democrat county councillor and an influential social worker.

He abused children under the cover of a childcare technique he advocated called regression therapy, which involved treating teenagers as if they were babies, but also beating and suffocating them.

Beck also picked out children for sexual abuse. He was sent to prison in 1991, where he died in 1994.

During Beck's trial, he and an alleged victim both sensationally claimed that Lord Janner was a child abuser, and the alleged victim was then interviewed by police.
Lord Janner told the House of Commons in 1991 that this man's allegations against him were "disgraceful, contemptible and totally untrue".

But senior figures at the Crown Prosecution Service are now understood to regard the case against Lord Janner as "overwhelming" - and the level of abuse alleged as "horrific".

A former detective, Graeme Peene, told the BBC that in the late 1970s he reported Beck, after seeing him rubbing a boy's groin at The Beeches children's home.

He was later asked to go back to The Beeches to return another boy who had run away, and was directed to Beck's office.

He said that Lord Janner - who he referred to by his first name, Greville - was sitting in an armchair "and next to Greville Janner was this young boy".

Mr Peene added: "I thought - that's a bit strange. What's an MP doing there, and what's a young boy doing sitting on the arm of his chair?"

"[Lord Janner] left the office with his arm draped over the boy's shoulder."
"I'd got my suspicions about Frank Beck, but [there is] also the fact that an MP is there and he is being too tactile with a young boy who is obviously in the care of the local authority."

Mr Peene says he considered it "an unusual occurrence" which was "something I felt ought to be reported".

He claimed his report was sent to divisional headquarters where, he said, nothing was done because of a culture in which child abuse was not taken seriously.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35304528

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 15.01.16 14:33

If Janner is guilty of crimes then I trust that anyone who has colluded will be pursued through our justice system. I do . I trust.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.16 14:41

I find it disturbing that Jimmy Savile, once dead is declared an out and out paedophile without any trial/public inquiry/trial of evidence and yet Janner, who was capable years before his death of facing charges and a trial is now dead and everything has been dropped.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 15.01.16 20:12

@sallypelt wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Doug D wrote:

How can the "family" strongly deny anything.   Were they there ?

"How can the "family" strongly deny anything. Were they there ?"

Exactly.  This is where I shake my head and go weak at the knees. Unless you are there, YOU CAN'T KNOW. This is where I have difficulty with some of Rachael Mampilly's statement. She's talking about her husband doing  certain things, on 3 May 2007 WHEN SHE WASN'T THERE!.
Spot the qualifier.

A qualifier word is a word which, when removed , doesn't change the meaning and intent of the sentence.

Rather than strengthening a statement , a qualifier weakens it.

A strong statement would be The peer’s family denies claims.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 19.01.16 13:54

46 page CPS report into 3 missed opportunities to prosecute Janner:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/reports/henriques_report_190116.pdf

BBC’s report:

Lord Janner: Chances missed to prosecute, says inquiry

Three chances were missed to prosecute late peer Lord Janner over sex abuse claims, an inquiry has found.
The independent inquiry, commissioned by the director of public prosecutions, found police and prosecutors missed opportunities to charge Lord Janner in 1991, 2002 and 2007.
Before he died in December, the ex-Labour MP - who then had dementia - was accused of 22 counts of sex offences against boys between the 1960s and 80s.
His family denies the allegations.
The inquiry found the 1991 decision not to charge Lord Janner was "wrong" as there was enough evidence against him to provide "a realistic prospect of conviction" for indecent assault and one other serious sexual offence.
'Sincere regret'
Furthermore in 2002, allegations against Lord Janner were not supplied by the police to the Crown Prosecution Service, and as a result no prosecution was possible, the inquiry said.
And in 2007 Lord Janner should have been arrested and his home searched, because there was "sufficient evidence to prosecute" for indecent assault and one other serious sexual offence, the inquiry also concluded.
Since Lord Janner's death a "trial of the facts", which was due to take place in April, has now been shelved by prosecutors.

Because Lord Janner was ruled unfit to to plead, due to this dementia, it was decided there would be a "trial of the facts" in which a jury would be asked to decide - without reaching a decision about guilt - if 22 alleged incidents of abuse had taken place.
Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders said: "The inquiry's findings that mistakes were made confirms my view that failings in the past by prosecutors and police meant that proceedings were not brought.
"It is a matter of sincere regret that on three occasions, opportunities to put the allegations against Lord Janner before a jury were not taken.
"It is important that we understand the steps which led to these decisions not to prosecute, and ensure that no such mistakes can be made again.
'Disappointed'
The inquiry was carried out by retired High Court judge Sir Richard Henriques, who also made some recommendations for better handling child abuse cases.
As part of those recommendations Sir Richard said the CPS should consider whether time limits in charging decisions are appropriate.
His inquiry also found that a Leicestershire Police investigation in 1991 failed to cover basic steps such as checking details of whether a 14-year-old boy - known as complainant one - had shared hotel rooms with Lord Janner.
He also said that only "extremely limited" inquiries were made at the children's homes where the boy lived.
But a Leicestershire Police spokesman said: "During the course of his review Sir Richard spoke to a number of CPS staff in order to understand their role in those previous investigations into Lord Janner.
"We would have welcomed the opportunity to assist Sir Richard in a similar way and are disappointed not to have been asked to do so."
'No surprise'
Solicitor Liz Dux, from Slater and Gordon, which represents eight of Janner's alleged victims, said Ms Saunders' show of "sincere regret" was "of little consolation".
"Confirmation by the CPS that mistakes were made in handling of past allegations against Lord Janner comes as no surprise to his alleged victims," she said.
A spokesman for the children's charity the NSPCC said these mistakes should "never be allowed to happen again".
"It is vital that victims of abuse, however long after the crimes against them, have the confidence to speak out knowing their allegations will be fully investigated," he said.
All findings have now been passed to the Goddard inquiry - which is the independent inquiry examining historical child sex abuse in England and Wales, chaired by New Zealand judge Justice Lowell Goddard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35352809

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 19.01.16 16:02

Heavy going, largely bashing through the available evidence.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/reports/henriques_report_190116.pdf

The ‘Overview’ below is a pretty good summary, but just a couple of points that came out elsewhere:

The 1991 investigation didn’t dig deep enough, yet over 20 years later Operation Enamel were still able to find evidence that corroborated Complainant 1’s testimony and which must have been available at the time.

The CPS file for Operation Dauntless has been destroyed.

Someone is lying about the ‘referral to York’ in 2007, which is why he suggests it merits an internal enquiry of its own.
…………………………………………..

Overview

5.1 I am satisfied that, in 1991, there was a sufficiency of evidence for a prosecution to be commenced against Janner for offences of indecent assault and buggery with Complainant 1.

5.2 The police investigation was incomplete and inadequate in 1991 and police officers failed to carry out enquiries advised by the CPS.

5.3 Police officers formed an adverse view of the credibility of Complainant 1, which was not justified on the evidence.

5.4 In Beck’s trial Complainant 1 was called as a defence witness and cross-examined on the basis that he had manufactured and embellished his evidence making it practicably impossible to rely on the same evidence in any prosecution of Janner based on Complainant 1’s evidence alone.

5.5 Leading Counsel so cross-examined Complainant 1 having been informed by police officers that Complainant 1’s evidence was not credible.

5.6 No decision as to charge in 1991 should have been taken until the police had completed enquiries into hotel accommodation in Leicester, Aylesbury and Scotland and until staff and residents in Children’s Homes (who were contemporaries of Complainant 1) had been interviewed. Operation Enamel in 2013/14 demonstrates fully the inadequacy of the police investigation in 1991.

5.7 Having referred the file to the CPS Headquarters in London and having been informed that the outcome of the Beck trial was awaited, no terminating decision should have been taken at area level in Leicester without referring the case back to Headquarters.

5.8 In 2002 the statement of Complainant 2 was not supplied by police to the CPS. Accordingly no prosecution was possible, nor indeed was any advice sought.

5.9 Having regard to events in 1991, the failure to forward Complainant 2’s statement to the CPS for charging advice is remarkable and merits investigation by the IPCC.

5.10 Had the statement of Complainant 2 been forwarded to the CPS, there was, in my judgement, a sufficiency of evidence to commence a prosecution against Janner, in 2002, for indecent assault and buggery both with Complainant 1 and Complainant 2.

5.11 I have found it impossible to determine whether the Operation Dauntless file was forwarded or not to the CPS in York in 2007, and, if so, why it was declined. I have been unable to determine the cause of this apparent malfunction, which appears to merit an internal inquiry.

5.12 I do not agree with the decision of the reviewing lawyer at area level in Leicester that there was insufficient evidence of a realistic prospect of conviction. This was a matter of judgement, which would, in different circumstances, have been made by the Special Crime Division.

5.13 In my opinion there was sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction in 2007, and Janner should have been arrested and interviewed and his home searched.
He should have been charged with offences of indecent assault and buggery with Complainant 1, Complainant 2 and Complainant 3.

5.14 The delay in tendering advice in 2007, between April and late December, is unacceptable even if contributed to by outside factors. The Director of Public Prosecutions may wish to consider if time limits are appropriate, they are extendable only by application to a Chief Crown Prosecutor. A three month period may expedite matters and concentrate minds. She may also wish to consider whether a lawyer who has failed to deliver a charging advice within a specified period should be obliged to make a report to his/her Chief Crown Prosecutor.

5.15 Between 2007 and the present day, refinements to CPS procedures and guidance have ensured that decisions made in 1991 and 2007 should not be repeated. In particular the guidelines on prosecutors’ approach to child sexual abuse issued on the 11th June 2013 are highly relevant.

5.16 Refinement to referral guidance is necessary to avoid the 1991 situation. A protocol should be established to ensure that once a case is referred to Headquarters by an area, no terminating decision should be taken at area level without a referral back to Headquarters.

5.17 At the same time there needs to be established a central log of cases referred and declined irrespective of whether a prosecution is to be commenced or not. Borderline cases should also be entered on the sensitive cases list. Discussions with members of staff from the Operations Directorate at CPS Headquarters in London indicate that there are management advantages to such a register that could be accommodated by entering such cases on “Share Point”. Similar discussions also indicate that cases should be entered on the sensitive cases list both at area level and Headquarters. The test being “Does the Director need to know?” In all cases entry on the sensitive cases list should be made at the earliest opportunity.

…………………………………………

Pretty damning stuff, but move forward 25 years and treat ‘Darren’, ‘Nick’ etc with the same sort of disdain that Complainants 1, 2 & 3 were treated with back then?

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

operation fernbridge

Post by willowthewisp on 19.01.16 18:24

Hi DougD, thanks for your tremendous work covering the wrongs of a certain dead lord.
Has any one asked about the CPS losing the case file on "Operation Dauntless" or were this names given to the Operations chosen specifically as to the remits for"Dauntless & Enamel", don't look at this case (Dauntless) and (Enamel) make sure there is no chance of prosecuting the offender or a chance of any quantifiable evidence for the CPS to rule on?
Any serving police commanders want to comment on the destruction of evidence on the Dauntless files, a bit like the Peter Waneless non- finding of a Conservative MP who had sent 114 files to Home Secretary, Leon Brittain? 
After all Lord Janner's son had access to the CPS evidence from the non-investigations as to what evidence the Ppolice had acquired to a person's possible guilt, whilst he worked for solicitors, who had access to certain files, before his father's dementia had taken hcld, he was still aware of what was to dispose his assets accordingly and have them put in his last will and testament, was this to avoid civil Claims?
When I have further time I will try to access the link for the Richard Henriqhes findings!
It's all complete tosh of the former media moguls having evidence confiscated by MI5/6 and former police officers dating back to the abused children in "Care Homes", where the House of Commons has still not answered the possibility of Compensation to the victims?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum