The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***Janner WILL be prosecuted - News, 29 Jun 2015*** (was: After Lord Janner I now believe the Establishment DOES shamelessly twist justice to protect its own - STEPHEN GLOVER, The Daily Mail)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After Lord Janner-Daily mail

Post by willowthewisp on 27.06.15 9:35

Petermac
It is a quite disturbing revelation that the head of the DPP receives funding of 192% pension contributions than her salary,Why?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***Janner WILL be prosecuted - News, 29 Jun 2015*** (was: After Lord Janner I now believe the Establishment DOES shamelessly twist justice to protect its own - STEPHEN GLOVER, The Daily Mail)

Post by sallypelt on 27.06.15 9:36

@willowthewisp wrote:Petermac
It is a quite disturbing revelation that the head of the DPP receives funding of 192% pension contributions than her salary,Why?
Those who govern, rule in their own interests

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***Janner WILL be prosecuted - News, 29 Jun 2015*** (was: After Lord Janner I now believe the Establishment DOES shamelessly twist justice to protect its own - STEPHEN GLOVER, The Daily Mail)

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.06.15 10:48

“All suggestions are that Saunders reached the wrong conclusion in April and this is not the first time she has made a major mistake, She has struggled in some of her decisions to pursue journalists through the courts, too. Her job is all about judgment,” he said.
-----------------------------------------------------

"She has struggled in some of her decisions........"

I wonder just how 'hard' she 'struggled' when she went to Portugal, to 'discuss' Madeleine McCann's 'disappearance' with the Portuguese 'authorities'?

'Struggled' quite 'hard', IN the McCann's 'defence', i 'might' suggest.

Well, 'somebody' has to 'defend' a £13+ MILLION, 4 YEAR 'ongoing' erm, FULL TIME police 'investigation' which has 'produced' exactly ............NIL, ZERO, NADA, NOTHING, in way of a 'result'.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.06.15 10:52

@jeanmonroe wrote:“All suggestions are that Saunders reached the wrong conclusion in April and this is not the first time she has made a major mistake, She has struggled in some of her decisions to pursue journalists through the courts, too. Her job is all about judgment,” he said.
-----------------------------------------------------

"She has struggled in some of her decisions........"

I wonder just how 'hard' she 'struggled' when she went to Portugal, to 'discuss' Madeleine McCann's 'disappearance' with the Portuguese 'authorities'?

'Struggled' quite 'hard', IN the McCann's 'defence', i 'might' suggest.

Someone who is on £600,000 a year should NEVER be "struggling". They should be the best that money can buy.  What HAS the country become? Filthy to the core, and I mean core. We now hear that kids were abused in WESTMINSTER!!!!!!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.06.15 11:08

AS 'knows', as you and i 'know', that GJ hadn't suddenly 'caught' dementia, he just got.......... 'CAUGHT'!

And THEN, he 'got' dementia!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 28.06.15 0:56

Lengthy but worthwhile  read from Exaro tonight:

Police raided this former officer in ‘cover-up’ for Lord Janner

Police face accusations that they staged a raid to seize evidence of paedophilia by then Labour MP Greville Janner as part of a massive cover-up.

Exaro has obtained a sensational statement by a former police officer who gives a detailed account of how he was arrested and his home raided in 1991 in an attempt to collect personal letters between Janner and a boy whom the influential politician is alleged to have sexually abused.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is overseeing an investigation into the claims of cover-up by Leicestershire Constabulary.

The former police officer, Ian Henning, had become a legal clerk for a law firm in Leicester. He was part of the legal team for Frank Beck, a warden for children’s homes in Leicestershire, who was given five jail sentences of life for child sex abuse. 

In his statement, Henning includes a series of staggering quotes from Leicestershire detectives who talked to him about Janner and child sex abuse in the run-up to the Beck trial. Janner was a backbench MP in Leicester from 1970 to 1997.

“We (police) have known about Janner and young boys for ages,” reports Henning in the statement. He said that officers told him that he “must be the only person in Leicester” who did not know, and that Scotland Yard had “a file on him for abusing kids in Notting Hill”.

They also said, according to Henning’s statement, that Janner and the then chief constable, the late Michael Hirst, were “close personal friends”. In other documents, Henning said that Janner and Hirst were fellow freemasons. 

“Strings are being pulled up above,” Henning quoted officers as saying. Police officers “repeatedly” told him: “Greville Janner will be covered up.”

Detectives had a detailed statement from one boy on how Janner sexually abused him, along with a host of supporting evidence.

They also believed that Janner “had buggered at least two other children” who were in care, wrote Henning.

The boy’s evidence and a few sentences from Henning’s statement have previously been reported. 

But Exaro has obtained Henning’s entire statement, and today publishes more than 4,000 words of explosive extracts.

Henning, who worked for the Metropolitan Police Service for 18 years, was raided the week after Beck was convicted of 17 counts of sexual abuse of children in his care.

The ex-officer’s statement of 1993 was for a judicial review to overturn what he said was a ban by Leicestershire Constabulary on his visiting police stations to accompany clients to interviews.

The police raid on his partner’s house, where he lived, was carried out the day after he was given permission to seek judicial review.

The judicial review itself was rejected, but he was granted leave to appeal.

Before the appeal was heard, however, Henning died in a road accident in 1995.

His arrest, meanwhile, resulted in no further action.

The Daily Mail reported today that a review commissioned by the DPP will recommend a reversal of her decision, meaning at least a “trial of the facts”.

On Tuesday, Simon Danczuk, Labour MP, told Parliament about the recent police investigation into Janner. “Children being violated, raped and tortured, some in the very building in which we now sit,” he said.

The DPP also said in April that Janner should have been prosecuted on three previous occasions, including 1991 when claims surfaced in the Beck investigation.

Janner always denied claims that he was a paedophile, standing up in Parliament to defend his reputation after allegations were made in court during the Beck case that he sexually abused a boy. Several other MPs leapt to his defence at the time.

Additional research by Matthew Gilley and Samuel Osborne.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5596/police-raided-this-former-officer-in-cover-up-for-lord-janner

Police seized abuse evidence to protect Lord Janner – ex-officer

Henning carried out some investigative work at the law firm from 1989 for a possible appeal by a convicted rapist. He worked closely with John Harrison, then a partner at Greene D’Sa. 

The firm consulted counsel, who advised that someone from the law firm should visit the rape victim.

Henning went to her house in March 1990, and introduced himself. She allowed him into her home, and they discussed the case.

Counsel later advised that there were no grounds for appeal.

According to Henning’s statement, he heard nothing more about the matter until Tuesday, December 3, 1991. By that point, Henning was seeking a judicial review over what he said was a ban by Leicestershire Constabulary on his visiting police stations to accompany clients to interviews. He drew up this statement for that judicial review.

Although the judicial review was rejected, he was granted leave to appeal. He died in a road accident before the appeal was heard.

But Tuesday, December 3, 1991 was the day after the High Court gave him permission to seek the judicial review.

And it was four days after Beck’s trial ended with guilty verdicts.

First, Henning was arrested, although that would ultimately result in no further action.

That same day, police visited his partner at the house that they shared on the pretext of investigating Henning’s visit in March 1990 to the home of the rape victim.

But they seemed much more interested in seizing personal letters between Greville, now Lord, Janner and a boy whom the influential politician is alleged to have sexually abused. Janner was then an MP in Leicester.

Henning said in his statement: “My arrest was a response by the Leicestershire Constabulary to bully, threaten and intimidate me into silence.”

“The police were attempting to fabricate a case against me.”

The partner, who asked to be kept anonymous, told Exaro: “I do not know what I can add to Ian’s statement. They were reluctant to tell me why he had been arrested – on what case. And they had a search warrant, so I had no choice but to let them in.”

“The detective sergeant was just very scary. I had to take my daughter, who was only young then, to school. So I was leaving them in the house.

“I was not keen on doing that. But I did not have an option because I did not want her there either, under those circumstances. So yes, it was pretty horrendous really.”

The following extracts from Henning’s statement are exactly as they were written, with some redactions or additions by Exaro in square brackets:

I returned to my partners house at [number redacted], Grange Avenue, Leicester Forest East, on her return she was frightened and upset. She described how the police had knocked at the front door and asked for me. She told them that I had gone and the police said “Didn’t I live there any more. She told them that I had gone to work. The police replied “We’ll catch him at the office then”. She told me that she thought this strange, because if that was their attitude why had they called at her house at such an early hour. She told them that I had gone to Hull. The officers asked what time I had left, and my partner told them, they appeared bemused, then left. My partner felt that the officers did not believe her because my car was parked on her front driveway. At no time did they identify themselves as police officers, although my partner said that they looked like policemen.

Shortly afterwards my partner again answered a knock at the door. One of them men who had previously questioned her at the front door was again standing there, this time accompanied by a woman . The man asked if they could come inside. My partner said “No”. The man then identified himself as Detective Sergeant [DS1] and introduced the woman as Detective Constable [DC1]. He again asked if he could come inside the house, “As it was a delicate matter”. 

Both officers stepped into the hallway and [DS1] asked if there was anyone else in the house my partner told them that her 7 year old daughter was upstairs. [DS1] then told my partner that they had arrested me for attempting to pervert the course of justice in the [rape] case. My partner asked if she could see me, but [DS1] said “No”. [DS1] then asked where I worked in the house and my partner showed them to the dining room.

My partner is familiar with all my cases as she receives many calls daily asking to speak with me or requesting she pass a message to me. On the telephone she has become known to most of my clients.

My partner told me that she became suspicious of the police, when she saw them put letters received from [convicted rapist in rape case] (Police claimed, the reason for my arrest), on a corner of a table and concentrate their search solely on material relating to the Frank Beck trial which had ended the previous week. 

The two officers then started emptying the boxes marked ‘Frank Beck’ which contained the defence work product relating to the trial and had been boxed in readiness to be returned to the offices of Greene D’SA.

My partner then went upstairs to get her daughter ready for school, but because she thought that the officers were acting suspiciously, she told her daughter that they were friends from my work, looking for some papers to bring to me.

My partner returned downstairs to attend to the coal fire in the lounge when she was approached by [DS1], who she describes as appearing very annoyed. He stood very close to her, close enough for my partner to smell his bad breath and said “Does he keep any of his stuff anywhere else?”. My partner replied “Not as far as I am aware”. [DS1] then tightened his mouth in a very threatening manner and said “Are you sure?, because I will tear this house to pieces”. My partner said “Not that I am aware”. [DS1] then returned to the table where he continued searching through a box of the Beck trial material. The female officer was searching through a legal document case which contained my private banking records and private papers. 

My partners daughter came into the room and stood watching the officers, but my partner felt intimidated and frightened by the suspicious behaviour of the officers, who had told her one thing, yet were doing something completely different, so she took her daughter and ran to a neighbours house, leaving the officers alone in her house. 

My partner told her neighbour that she was taking her daughter to school, but asked that he kept an eye on her house as she had left the police alone to continue with their search. After taking her daughter to school, my partner called at a close friends house and he agreed to return with her, so that he could keep the police under observation. Being a close friend of Frank Beck, he had been arrested and was aware of the shortcuts police were taking in their efforts to obtain all the ‘Janner Letters’. 

My partner returned to her house at 9.20am to find the two officers still there. [DS1] told her that he was taking three books, two diaries and a record of all my police station visits, with him. My partner asked for a receipt and was given one by [DS1]. He also explained to her that he did not need a search warrant, because they had arrested me.

My partner then said “Am I right then, I can’t see him?” and [DS1] said “That’s right”. The police then left the house, leaving the [convicted rapist in rape case] letters on the corner of the table, without even reading them. My partner told me that she was in no doubt that they were looking for the ‘Greville Janner’ letters. My partner then locked up her house and left at the same time as the police and she did not return until shortly after I had arrived at her house at about 3.30pm.

I then photographed the area in which I worked. I noticed that files, computers, tapes, confidential defence work product, photographs, personal papers and my private banking records were in total disarray. I saw that my Psion Organiser and the power unit had been removed from my legal document case and were laying on the floor. An obvious attempt had been made to access the machine, but as the password had not been entered, access had been denied. 

I then attempted to use my Sharp IQ.128 KB Pocket Computer but it failed to operate. I noticed that it had been interfered with and saw that a 64 KB Ram card, value £59.99. was missing. This card contained detailed information regarding the Frank Beck case, but cannot be used unless the operator knows the password to gain access. I telephoned the arresting officers immediately and reporting that the disc was missing. I then informed Mr Harrison of Greene D’SA, as he has overall responsibility for preparing the Beck case bill for costing.

I later received a call from Detective Sergeant [DS1] who admitted that it was he who had touched the Sharp Computer. He denied that the disc had been stolen. I told him that I had made no such allegation, I told him that the disc was in the computer when I left home, but was not there on my return and I repeated what I had reported earlier ‘That the disc was missing’. [DS1] suggested that it may have fallen into one of the boxes which contained the Frank Beck material. An admission of the real purpose for the police search. 

At the dinner table that evening, my Partners 7 year old daughter [name redacted] said to me “Did your friends bring your papers to you?”, I replied “Yes they did”. She said “I saw the man put something in his pocket”. I said “Did you?” and she said “Yes, it was your wallet”. I replied “No it wasn’t my wallet, I had that with me”. She said “I saw him put something black into his pocket”, and she demonstrated someone putting something into a right hand jacket pocket. My partner and I started at each other but said nothing so as to not alarm the girl. 

On the evening of Wednesday 8th January 1992, a form F.104 – Cancellation of Bail Form, was hand delivered to my partners house, informing me that police enquiries were continuing in this matter. 

In February/March 1992 as my partners 7 year old daughter was playing with her friends outside her house, a car containing 2 men stopped beside her, asked her where she lived, her mothers name, then asked if Ian Henning lived with her mother. Other children stated that the car was ‘The same as a police car’ and there was a hat on the back seat and one of the men was dressed like a policeman.

On Friday 13th November 1992 I received a letter dated 22nd October 1992 from A.J.P. [Anthony] Butler, Deputy Chief Constable of the Leicestershire Constabulary informing me that the Crown Prosecution Service HQ had advised that there was insufficient evidence for the case to be pursued through a criminal court.

In early December 1992 I received a telephone call from Detective Inspector [DI1] at my office, in which he claimed that a higher ranked CID officer named [redacted] had asked him to call me to ask if I had moved from [number redacted], Grange Avenue, as the letter I mentioned in the previous paragraph, had been returned to the police marked ‘Not known at this address’ and could he have my new address.

I told [DI1] that I had received the letter at my office and if he had any correspondence for me, to send it to the officers of Greene D’SA.

I feel that my arrest was brought about by senior police officers determined to destroy my professional career, not by a person contacting the police and making an allegation about me which the police felt was of a criminal nature and their duty to investigate. 

The police were aware, in their own words, of my visit to [complainant in rape case] on the 28th March 1990 on the day that I visited her, yet did not consider it a criminal offence at that time. 

Again in their own words, the police decided to investigate me some 20 months after what they alleged was an attempt by myself to pervert the course of justice.

The word ‘Investigate’ is defined as ‘Seeking the truth’ and in investigating and acting on the instructions of my client Frank Beck, which I might add is also my duty to my employer a solicitor of the Supreme Court and if I uncover information which causes embarrassment to senior officers of the Leicestershire Constabulary or their friends, that should not be my problem.

I feel that senior police officers fearing embarrassment which may be caused by revelations likely to be made public either by the media or in open court, decided that it was not their duty to carry out the law, but they were the law. The attached Chronology clearly demonstrates that senior police officers attempted to pervert the course of justice by falsely arresting me.

I contend that there are far too many coincidences throughout the Beck investigation and my application for a Judicial Review to be ignored. 

During late 1989 and throughout 1990 and 1991, records show that Officers of the Leicestershire Constabulary were investigating a major sex abuse case involving childrens homes controlled by the Leicestershire Social Services. 

The main defendant Frank Beck, was arrested on 14th April 1990 and remanded into custody at Leicester Prison. He transferred his instructions to my employers Greene D’SA Solicitors, in September 1990.

On the same day 14th April 1990, [witness 1], who was treated as a son by Beck and who occupied the upstairs of the same house with his wife, was also arrested. [Witness 1] told me that at the time of his arrest, he was asked by Detective Sergeant [DS2] if he was in possession of any incriminating letters sent by Greville Janner to a boy ‘In Care’ of the Leicestershire Social Services. 

[Witness 1] told me that he was aware of the letters, but did not have them and told [DS2] the same. Police Officers seized a large number of video tapes belonging to [witness 1], believing that they belonged to Frank Beck.

[Witness 1] told me that on arrival at Wigston Police Station, he insisted on knowing the reason for his arrest and was told ‘On suspicion of commiting [sic] acts of gross indecency’. Later on arrival of his solicitor, when demands were made to be confronted with the allegations or evidence, police were forced to admit that no such evidence existed and that no complaint had been made.

[Witness 1] told me that he felt police attempted to extradicte [sic] themselves from a blatent [sic] false arrest by forwarding the seized video tapes to an outside authority, in an attempt to disclose some type of copyright offence. 

Records show that on 11th May 1990 police officers took a written statement from a complainant named [witness 2], in which she made allegations of rape against Beck. In her statement she made reference to Greville Janner MP [she said that witness 1 had told her about what Janner was doing to him]. 

On 17th May 1990 police officers returned to [witness 2] with a typed copy of her original statement in which all reference to Greville Janner had been edited out. The omitted material was never disclosed to the Defence or lodged at the court of trial, Leicester Crown Court. This came to light during the defence cross examination of [witness 2] by John Black [Beck’s counsel]. 

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5598/police-seized-abuse-evidence-to-protect-lord-janner-ex-officer

Detectives told me all about Lord Janner and boys – ex-officer

But in the extracts below, Henning details extraordinary comments made to him by detectives who believed that they had the evidence to pursue Janner over child sex abuse. Greville, now Lord, Janner, was a serving MP in Leicester at the time.

Henning believed that Beck was a scapegoat for Janner, although there was overwhelming evidence that the manager of children’s homes in Leicestershire was guilty on multiple counts of child sex abuse.

Detectives had a detailed statement from one boy on how Janner sexually abused him, and they were convinced of his credibility. Among the supporting evidence for a case against Janner were letters that the then MP had written to the boy.

Detective Inspector Kelvyn Ashby led the investigation into Beck, while Detective Sergeant Mick Creedon assisted.

And, according to Henning’s statement, the two detectives also investigated Janner diligently.

Both detectives have gone on the record in the past few months to say that there was enough evidence to arrest Janner on suspicion of child sex abuse to progress the investigation, but that they were blocked from doing so.

Ashby, who left the police in 2002, said: “Someone higher up told us that we could not just arrest an MP and it went no further.”

They were told by “someone senior”, he said. “But the order had to have come from the very top. I am sure my bosses’ hands were tied.”

Creedon, who went on to become chief constable of Derbyshire Constabulary, also said last September that they were blocked from arresting Janner over child sex abuse despite having “credible evidence”.

He said: “The decision was a clear one. He will be interviewed by appointment, and there will not be a search of his home address, or his constituency office, or his office in the House of Commons.”

Henning gives an account of how the two officers told him at the time that Janner and the then chief constable, the late Michael Hirst, were “close personal friends”. In other documents, Henning said that Janner and Hirst were fellow freemasons. 

The extracts from Henning’s statement below are exactly as they were written, with some redactions or additions by Exaro in square brackets:

During my enquiries I was approached by a number of witnesses prepared to give evidence on behalf of Franck Beck.

On the 9th January 1991 I had a conference with one of these witnesses, [witness 3] at his home address. He told me that he was sexually abused by a member of staff, who had since died, when he was a 15 year old boy ‘In Care’ with the Leicestershire Social Services, at the Ratcliffe Road Childrens Home.

He told me that he was abused when he was 14 years old and living at another Leicestershire Social Services Childrens Home, known as Station Road, Wigston, by the officer in charge, who has since died and by Greville Janner MP.QC. the MP for Leicester West, although the childrens home where they would regularly contact each other, was not in his constituency.

The witness told me, it was Frank Beck who stopped the sexual abuse by the Officer in Charge and Greville Janner, rescued him from their clutches and straightened out his life.

The witness produced a photograph of himself with Janner and numerous letters written to him by Greville Janner some on House of Commons headed paper and envelopes. A number of the letters confirmed some of the details given to me by the witness.

I took the view that this witness would be valuable to the Defence to demonstrate that Frank Beck was not the type of person being portrayed to the media by the police, but a person who would stop abuse of children.

I also encouraged the witness to report the matter to the police as the allegations were of a most serious nature and I made arrangements for the interviews that followed at Wigston Police Station, Leicester, on 29th January 1991 and West End Police Station, Edinburgh, on 2nd July 1991.

On 16th January 1991, [name redacted], a close friend of Becks, who attended every remand hearing showing support for Beck, was arrested. He told me that the arresting officers told him, that provided he gave them the ‘Greville Janner’ letters, they would “Not tear his house to bits”. [Beck’s friend] told them that he did not have the letters. [Beck’s friend] had previously supplied photocopies of some of Janners letters to officers investigating Beck.

On 29th January 1991 I attended Wigston Police Station at the request of [witness 3] where he made a statement alleging that he was sexually abused by Greville Janner.

It was during this interview that I saw that police were in possession of [witness 3’s] Social Service File. [Witness 3] told me that when he examined his own file, he noticed that there was no mention of Janner in the file and the ‘Befriender Record’ was missing.

I pointed out to Detective Sergeant Creedon that I had been told that Social Service File did not exist and yet I could see one. Creedon told me that the files at County Hall were in a mess.

In early February 1991, I received information that files relating to the children who had attended the Beeches Childrens Home during the ‘Beck era’, had been taken by the gardener to County Hall, where a Council employee named [redacted] had shredded them.

On 6th February 1991 I attended Wigston Police Station with Frank Beck, where he made a witness statement detailing his counselling of [witness 3] and his contact with Greville Janner.

On 7th February 1991, at the request of [witness 3] who told me that he had fully discussed the matter with his wife, I took Detective Inspector Ashby and Detective Sergeant Creedon to the home address of [witness 3], where he made a further statement alleging buggery against Janner.

On 23rd February 1991 I received a letter from CPS in response to my letters to [redacted] dated 14.11.1990, 15.11.1990, 19.12.1990 and 20.12.1990, stating that the Social Services Files on each complainant were no longer in existance [sic].

On 27th February 1991 during a remand hearing, Beck publically [sic] named Janner as an abuser of children ‘In Care’ of the Social Services and accused [Leicestershire Police] of attempting to ‘Cover Up’ the evidence.

As I stood outside the courtroom talking to [Beck’s friend], I was approached by Ashby and Creedon who told us that it was their intention to arrest Greville Janner the following day, but because of Becks outburst, they would not be able to, as Janner would destroy any evidence.

On 28th February 1991 after the ‘Sport’ newspaper repeated Becks allegations and the media began showing interest in the case. the witness, [witness 3] was approached on two occasions by people who… warned of the consequencies [sic] for the witness, his wife and three young children if he attended any court hearing.

assisted the witness to report these threats to the South Yorkshire and Leicestershire Constabularies, as it was a deliberate attempt to pervert the course of justice and frightened [witness 3] and his family.

During a telephone conversation with Detective Sergeant Creedon, he told me that he had written to the Local Housing Authority requesting that they move [witness 3] to a new address because of the threats made against him and his family and not to release details of the move to anyone, even to a Member of Parliament.

Initially, when representing Frank Beck, I found that as I went about my normal daily work, I was continually being approached by various interested parties questioning what lines of enquiry I was making.

No group displayed more interest than police officers, who I met on a daily basis at different police stations in Leicestershire, they appeared dismayed when they realised that I had never heard of Greville Janner, and on more than one occasion police officers have said “You must be the only bloke in Leicester who doesn’t know what he gets up to”.

I would explain to officers that not coming from Leicester and working abroad for the past few years, Janner’s name meant nothing to me.

Officers were eager to aquaint [sic] me with their knowledge of Greville Janner and his association with the Chief Constable adding “Why do you think he keeps standing up in Parliament asking for more money for Leicestershire Constabulary, no other Leicester MP does”.

Police Officers would be challenging and vociferous in making remarks such as “Oh, it’s well known” – “I’ve known about him for years” – “We’ve (Police) known about Janner and young boys for ages” – “You must be the only person in Leicester who doesn’t know” – “Janner has been at it for years” – “Janner and the Chief Constable are close personal friends” – “Scotland Yard have got a file on him for abusing kids in Notting Hill” – “Strings are being pulled up above” – “Find out about Janner’s activities with young rent boys at Agar Nook in Coalville [in Leicestershire]” and I believe that officers mentioned Rochdale Crescent or Avenue.

One remark repeatedly made to me by numerous police officers whilst referring to Janner was “Your [sic] in Leicester now and anything to do with Greville Janner will be covered up”

Whilst preparing the defence case, I spoke on numerous occasions to the two lead detectives, Detective Sergeant Creedon and later Detective Inspector Ashby. Both men told me that they believed [witness 3], to quote both officers “The details are too specific to be untrue”. They had investigated the allegations and found witnesses to corroborate the story.

Both officers told me that they had more than enough evidence to arrest Greville Janner, but were being prevented from doing so by higher ranking officers of the Leicestershire Constabulary.

During numerous telephone conversations, Detective Sergeant Creedon told me that their investigations had revealed the following;

(A) Barbara Fitt, the Officer in Charge of the Station Road Childrens Home [who died in 1991], remembered the witness receiving letters on House of Commons notepaper from Janner and to allowing the witness to use her office for privacy, whenever Janner telephone the home, requesting to speak to the boy, usually twice a week.

(B) She remembered the boy receiving railway tickets from Janner and travelling to London to spend weekends at his house.

(C) She remembered the time Janner telephoned her, furious because the boy had stolen money from him whilst they were on holiday together in Scotland, she supervised the boy repaying the money.

(E) The police had traced a witness who worked at the Leicester Holiday Inn, who remembered the management closing the swimming pool to hotel guests, allowing Janner to swim in the pool with a young boy.

(F) Although Janner had sold his house at Linnell Gardens or Road, Golders Green, London. When police visited the house, the present owners allowed them to look around and the layout of the rooms were [sic] exactly as the witness had described.

(G) When interviewed by police, the witness described visiting a friend of Janners who lived about 10 minutes away from Janners house. The friends daughter was about to be married, so whilst the friend left the house for a short while, Janner forced the boy into mutual masturbation whilst laying by the swimming pool. Creedon told me that police had found the house and the details checked out. A photograph of the wedding of the friend’s daughter showed the boy with Janner.

(H) Detective Sergeant Creedon told me that he believed that Janner had buggered at least two other children ‘In Care’ of the Social Services stating “If you find out who they are will you let me know?, I am unable to come up with any names”.

(I) All mention of Greville Janner had been removed from the boys Social Services file. The ‘Befriender’ record, which regulations require be affixed to the inside of the front cover of all Social Service Files, detailing any period a child spends away from the Childrens Home with a ‘Befriender’, was missing.

On 14th March 1991, as a result of intense media attention by the press, by arrangement with senior police officers, Greville Janner attended Enderby, Force headquarters of the Leicestershire Constabulary with his solicitor Sir David Napley.

Detective Sergeant Creedon telephoned me to tell me that he was not allowed to arrest Janner on orders from a higher ranked officer, but to hand to his solicitor a list of questions police would like Janner to answer. The list would be taken back to London, the questions answered and the document returned to police within 3 weeks. The document took nearly 5 weeks to be returned.

This action is an obvious breach of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act as all other suspects real or imagined in this investigation, were taken to an authorised police station, in this case Wigston, where the ‘Beck’ squad were centred. Enderby is not an authorized police station, but the force’s administrative headquarters only.

During June 1991 Oliver D’SA told me that he had received telephone calls from Detective Superintendent [name redacted] of the Leicestershire Constabulary, asking if I had any letters that implicated Greville Janner in any way with [witness 3]. I told Mr D’SA that the investigating officers already had photocopies of the letters.

During July 1991 Peter Joyce QC informed the Defence that officers of the Leicestershire Constabulary had sought his advice in relation to them obtaining a search warrant to search my property for ‘Stolen Documents’. My Joyce had advised against the plan.

It was at this stage that the earlier warning from police officers that a cover up would occur, made me realise that senior officers were in the process of attempting to pervert the course of justice, by manufacturing a case against myself. I knew I had never been in possession of any stolen documents and that information needed for the police to obtain a search warrant, must be false.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5600/detectives-told-me-all-about-lord-janner-and-boys-ex-officer

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lord Janner child abuse coverup

Post by willowthewisp on 28.06.15 10:48

DougD regards Exaro article
Why haven't the Police arrested these Police officers and charges brought of perverting the course of Justice in the case of the Police obtaining information with regard to a suspect of child abuse, there by destroying evidence against the perpetrator that would be used in a court of Law?
I would like the relations of Frank Beck to pursue a case of miscarriage of Justice against the Judiciary for his prison sentence he was appealing against,were mysterious forces at work against him on behalf of someone!? Mr Beck's sudden death in custody and the death of his solicitor in a road traffic accident, remember Princess Diana's demise?
I do not know of the right words to describe the actions taken by these obnoxious,evil Bast***'s! all done to no doubt protect the Establishment and it's figure heads?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.06.15 10:21

Lord Janner is to be prosecuted over claims of historical sex abuse after a review overturned a CPS decision.
The Crown Prosecution Service announced in April that the 86-year-old would not be charged because of his severe form of dementia.
An independent QC has now recommended the decision be overruled.
Lord Janner, MP for Leicester West for 27 years, denies any wrongdoing and his family says the peer "is entirely innocent".
The decision follows a review of the case under the CPS Victim's Right to Review Scheme, which allows people to have their case looked at again no matter who in the CPS took the decision not to prosecute.
The review by David Perry QC concluded that it was in the public interest to bring proceedings before a criminal court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33310095

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 29.06.15 10:22

CPS statement released this morning:

Greville Janner to be prosecuted for child sexual offences

29/06/2015

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Alison Saunders will now bring criminal proceedings against Greville Janner for child sex offences.

This follows a review of the case under the recently introduced CPS Victims' Right to Review scheme, which allows victims to have their cases looked at again, no matter who in the CPS made the original decision not to prosecute.

In the past year the scheme has meant that more than 200 prosecutions have been brought that would not have been brought otherwise.
In April this year the DPP decided that there was sufficient evidence to prosecute, meaning that, in her view, if there could be a full criminal trial a jury would be likely to convict Lord Janner. However, the DPP considered that it was not in the public interest to prosecute. This was because there was undisputed medical evidence that Greville Janner was not fit to stand trial which meant there could not be a full criminal trial and he could not therefore be found guilty of any offence and because he was not a danger to the public. It was also in light of the fact that the DPP sought assurances that the complainants would have the opportunity to give their account to the public inquiry led by Justice Goddard which has been set up to look at cases which may have been mis-handled in the past.

Without the compelling medical evidence the DPP has made clear that she would have brought a prosecution.

In May, six of the complainants in this case requested a formal Right to Review, and at the DPP's request, David Perry QC was instructed to provide advice to inform the CPS review of the decision.

The review concluded that it was in the public interest to bring proceedings before the court.

In reaching that conclusion, the review agreed that although there is sufficient evidence to prosecute, it is right to assume that Greville Janner will inevitably be found unfit to plead and therefore not fit to instruct his legal team and not fit to challenge or give evidence in a trial. Therefore the most likely outcome of a "trial of the facts" would be an absolute discharge, which is neither punishment nor conviction.
Alison Saunders said: "The Victims' Right to Review scheme has brought a much needed voice for victims of crime and this review shows that any decision can be reversed, no matter who has made it. It is a scheme I helped to bring in and it is a process I fully support and am not above. I requested a non-CPS lawyer to advise on this case so that the review would be seen as fully independent. That was the right thing to do, and was a decision I made in the interests of fairness and maintaining public confidence in the criminal justice system.

"I have always said that in my view this was an extremely difficult and borderline case because of the strong arguments on both sides. I have also always emphasised my concern for the complainants in this case. I understood their need to be heard, which is why I contacted Justice Goddard to ensure that they could give evidence as part of the public inquiry. However, the review has concluded that this forum, albeit a public one, cannot substitute for the adjudication of the courts. I accept the outcome of the review and will now be bringing this prosecution to allow for that adjudication to happen.

"The case is first listed at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 7 August 2015."

As there are now active criminal proceedings nothing should be said, commented on, or shared online which may prejudice those. It will be a matter for the court to consider if Greville Janner should appear or be excused on medical grounds from attending court.

The CPS has also received a draft of Sir Richard Henriques' report which the DPP commissioned on the handling and decision making in relation to previous allegations made against Greville Janner in 1991, 2002 and 2007. It is now being finalised, but it is clear that it will confirm the DPP's view that the CPS decisions in 1991 and 2007 were wrong as well as concluding that the handling of the case previously by both police and prosecutors was unsatisfactory.

The DPP, Alison Saunders, said: "It is a matter of real regret that prosecutions weren't brought by the police and CPS in the past.
"We have brought forward this decision as public speculation on this review has brought damaging and unacceptable uncertainty for the complainants in this case. We have now done what we can to inform the complainants of the outcome of the review and I have offered to meet each of them should they wish."

The DPP has demonstrated her personal commitment to tackling the sexual abuse of children - in 2014-15 the CPS brought more charges and delivered more convictions than ever before.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/greville_janner_to_be_prosecuted_for_child_sexual_offences/

eta

No apology for her own previous 'lack of judgement' of course.

It also confirms that the 'unnamed QC', who was 'outed' was indeed Sir Richard Henriques, although this looks like the review into previous failures to prosecute and David Perry QC was the one who reviewed the most recent decision. Seems a bit odd to me.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Granville Janner to face trail

Post by willowthewisp on 29.06.15 12:16

Hi DougD and fellow posters.
I find it hard to comprehend the so called trail and it's point? That regardless to the result, Mr Granville Janner will not serve a sentence is this due to his age, dementia?
How old is Mr. R Harris and convicted associates?
If you think it unfair that a prison sentence should be served of the guilty party due to their Health, a quick reminder to everyone.  Look at the way a Mr. R Biggs was treated by the "System" when he returned to the UK(obviously penniless) and the way that the Home Secretary Jack Straw handled his health affairs whilst imprisoned? 
Ah but Mr Biggs stole money from the "State" and brutalised the Train driver who died due to the injuries he had sustained from Mr. Biggs.  
If you think the system is "fair regards to class"Mr Lester Piggot diddled his tax returns, just like Mr Ken Dodd allegedly, but Lester had his Knighthood removed, remember a senior well known writer of a Conservative standing and his fragrant wife Mary, who told lies in a Crown Court to convict a woman he had paid for a certain type of intimate arrangement. The woman ( miss Monica Coglin) who offered her services to Mary's husband served a prison sentence for "Perverting the Court of Justice" but never lost his Knighthood and still to my knowledge attends the House of Lords? The Woman Monica would have sued the Lord for damages but allas guess what happened in her fate, she met with an unfortunate car Accident just like the Solicitor in Mr Frank Becks case!?
Seems to be a favoured way of killing someone, just like the "Suicided" that has happened to outspoken (Good people) who had morals?Rest in Peace Mrs Brenda Leyland, vilified to the public to be shamed by Sky and Martin **nt!

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.06.15 13:01

So, 'ABOUT TURN!' by Saunders!

'NOTHING TO DO WITH ME!'

'It was all those 'nasty' police and CPS, before i was DPP, that 'failed' to prosecute'!

'The FACT, i was 'deputy' at CPS, for many years, 'don't mean a thang'

'Oh, and the McCann's are totally 100% 'innocent angels', i KNEW that within 5 seconds of 'seeing' them, on 'telly', in 2007'!

'Me and Dr Sharon Leal and Brian Kennedy all 'knew' within 'seconds'

'Parents DON'T 'abduct, or kill their own kids',..... EVER!'

'and i told THAT to the PJ sardine munchers authorities when i went there, for a jolly 'meeting'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.06.15 13:19

@sar wrote:Haven't got words for Saunders..
What gets to me about the CPS is that even if it's poked into a corner to prosecute it's open to a 'half-hearted' attempt possibly in the full knowledge it will fall at the first hurdle.

Yep, you've got to be dead, (Jimmy Savile, never charged, declared a rampant paedophile, Leon Brittan never charged declared erm erm nothing etc) nearly dead, or suffering from somewhat convenient dimentia/alzheimers. Saunders brought in two independent doctors to give opinions. Janner's team brought in two independent doctors to give theirs. Result? A very convenient 'no prosecution'.

What it now boils down to is noblesse oblige whereby there will be some offering to give victims a right to have their case at least heard but with no-one in the dock, no jury and no sentencing. What type of justice is this? It's the justice afforded to the establishment. That's what it is and it will take years to get anywhere.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 29.06.15 13:43

@aquila wrote:
What gets to me about the CPS is that even if it's poked into a corner to prosecute it's open to a 'half-hearted' attempt possibly in the full knowledge it will fall at the first hurdle.

Yep, you've got to be dead, (Jimmy Savile, never charged, declared a rampant paedophile, Leon Brittan never charged declared erm erm nothing etc) nearly dead, or suffering from somewhat convenient dimentia/alzheimers. Saunders brought in two independent doctors to give opinions. Janner's team brought in two independent doctors to give theirs. Result? A very convenient 'no prosecution'.

What it now boils down to is noblesse oblige whereby there will be some offering to give victims a right to have their case at least heard but with no-one in the dock, no jury and no sentencing. What type of justice is this? It's the justice afforded to the establishment. That's what it is and it will take years to get anywhere.
thanks aquila, not able to articulate thoughts at the moment, really feel ill.  The idea that this was gonna be swept under the carpet until he died? is abhorrent.

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LG on 29.06.15 14:23

Too ill to stand trail....  but not too ill to continue driving. Dementia, is a notifiable condition - if it precludes him from standing trail how can he continue to drive?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3132930/Lord-Janner-secret-visits-Lords-declared-unfit-police-questions-child-abuse-allegations.html

LG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 29.06.15 14:39

Do we have extradition from Israel as someone may go for some sun to aid their health and vitality. sarcastic

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 29.06.15 14:48

Anyone know if Lord Burn's is available? sarcastic
Part of defence representation for Abdelbaset al Megrahi, Lockerbie Trail, Mr Megrahi had a plea for a Posthumous pardon for his role in the Bombing, was this another unsafe convictioni?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.06.15 14:58

@sar wrote:
@aquila wrote:

thanks aquila, not able to articulate thoughts at the moment, really feel ill.  The idea that this was gonna be swept under the carpet until he died? is abhorrent.
I hope you feel better very soon sar. roses

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.06.15 23:13

I've got two words!

ABSOLUTELY SHAMELESS!

She's actually NOW, trying to 'claim the CREDIT' for this 'reversal' of her outrageous decision, in the first place!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 30.06.15 0:32

@aquila wrote:
@sar wrote:
@aquila wrote:

I hope you feel better very soon sar. roses
thanks for the kind thoughts aquila, something along the lines of "not enough lamp posts..." going through my head.  Just seen Sanders on telly now.  Disgrace is an understatement!  Fuming...

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 30.06.15 0:37

@jeanmonroe wrote:

I've got two words!

ABSOLUTELY SHAMELESS!

She's actually NOW, trying to 'claim the CREDIT' for this 'reversal' of her outrageous decision, in the first place!
yes, JM still no apology that I can gather of???  Plus her trying to spin it into some sort of victory?  WTF??  "It was always a borderine case?" ?????  There is NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING "Borderline" about 20+?  allegations that have been seemingly swept under the carpet for years.  Sorry for shouting but really angry.  Very tempted to write bad words, but will see you (her) next tuesday!!!!!!!!

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 30.06.15 9:39

No apology and Exaro pulled her on this:

‘She said in a statement today: “I have always said that in my view this was an extremely difficult and borderline case because of the strong arguments on both sides.”

Asked when Saunders had previously described the Janner decision as “borderline”, a CPS spokeswoman was unable to point to any occasion by the time of publication.’

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5603/lord-janner-charged-with-child-sex-abuse-in-reversal-for-dpp

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 30.06.15 9:55

Sitting in judgement over us plebs whilst peter files hide under her skirts.  Abominable.

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum