The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Father admits killing his 13-year-old son by giving him a MORPHINE tablet when he complained of feeling unwell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Father admits killing his 13-year-old son by giving him a MORPHINE tablet when he complained of feeling unwell

Post by aquila on 15.04.15 16:43

Jeez, how do you administer prescription drugs such as morphine to a child?

You take your child to a doctor when your child is in pain. You know what over the counter pain relief is permissable until you can get medical help.

If your child had an infection you wouldn't give them antibiotics in the house that were prescribed for someone else.

An accident?

I don't think this is tragic. I think it's sheer bloody stupidity.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Father admits killing his 13-year-old son by giving him a MORPHINE tablet when he complained of feeling unwell

Post by stumo on 15.04.15 20:16

Atleast he's admitted it. 

No media, no funds, no meeting the Pope etc etc

stumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.04.15 22:27

Hands up all those who have Morphine tablets available in their homes.
Ah ! Yes, Quite so.
The "full facts" have been hidden, once again, by the MSM.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit on 16.04.15 6:16

I think most people have some form of morphine at home.   codeine is an opiate.  Lots of meds have codeine in them.   I would imagine he has given him Tramadol which is probably one of the more common opiates given as a strong painkiller.   

I think it is tragic but not deliberate.

inspirespirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 16.04.15 8:04

Agree about codeine, but it has specifically said Morphine on each occasion.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.04.15 9:12

I am glad someone asked the question as to why the doctor wasn't called (if that is the case).   Who would give any medication to a child without first consulting a medic?

Oh well he's admitted it and many seem to think he should be spared jail as he will have to live with it the rest of his life.   Don't get that way of thinking at all.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.04.15 17:29

Tramadol is not an opiate but a drug with opioid working. Where I come from opiates is reseved for drugs derived from opium. It is not on the US  list of Schedule II drugs (drugs that have a high possibility of dependence and abuse). It is used for moderate to moderate severe pain, where opiates are used for severe pain.  It is rather safe. It is being used a lot in veterinary medicine because it is so safe. I doubt that one dosage of even 100mg would have killed the boy, unless he was using other medication too. 

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum