The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mother of April Jones can't bear to read book they have written

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mother of April Jones can't bear to read book they have written

Post by littlepixie on 13.04.15 21:55

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mother-april-jones-cant-bear-9035084

This little girls murder touched my heart. I cannot imagine how her parents must feel losing her in the way that they did.
BUT it seems that almost every day now there is an April Jones story in the news. This is the latest I have seen and the headlines just get weirder. I can appreciate that Mrs Jones wants to prevent paedophiles attacking children in the way her daughter was and maybe that is the point of this story but I really feel that the media stories are going over the top.

This little girls murder affected an awful lot of people, cutting some of them to the core. Does it really need to be in the news over and over on a regular basis?

Documentaries and books?

I see the McCanns get a mention in this story and a little plug for Missing People.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother of April Jones can't bear to read book they have written

Post by Guest on 13.04.15 22:04

Interesting and affecting article by Simon Hattenstone in Saturday's Guardian Weekend magazine:

"When someone goes missing, it is often their parents who are thrust into the spotlight.  But what of their brothers and sisters?

Interviews with the siblings left behind.

A few plugs for Missing People as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 13.04.15 22:06

On the subject of Missing People, I saw an appeal on their site for a young 19 year old man missing from what used to be my local area. 
I spread the news on the local Facebook group which has thousands of members and also googled his name to find out more info. No-one has heard of him or that he is missing and I can't find any news stories on google about his disappearance. 
There is nothing on GMP website and the only info on the web is on Missing People?

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.15 11:19

This was and is a heartbreaking case.   She looked to be a lovely little girl and it must be sheer hell for her mother and family.

Unfortunately I have to say that  I would not buy the book as I would not want any of my money going to missing people charity so long as they have Mrs. McCann as an ambassador.

I still do not understand why she has been given such a role and I have not seen any explanation given and do we know whether expenses are paid to these ambassadors?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 14.04.15 15:20

A Missing People 'ambassador' who told the whole WORLD 'we were GLAD the investigation' (into our missing daughter, Madeleine) was CLOSED'!

A Missing People 'ambassador' that also said 'whether the case (into her daughter Madeleine 'disappearance') is re-opened, or NOT, it DOSEN'T MATTER'.

Now, WHY, would a parent of any 'missing' person, let alone an 'ambassador' of Missing People charity, say 'THAT'?

Because, she knows, KNOWS, that her daughter IS 'alive and totally unharmed' in a secret luxury 'lair' in UK?

KM, "I just feel closer to Madeleine here in Portugal, I mean I might be wrong, she might be closer to the UK."

Waiting for an 'opportune' reveal?

That's never been 'done' BEFORE, has it!

Oh, hang on....................
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM, "It could have been worse, we could have lost the twins too. There were three children in the room. That's the worst nightmare."

That's the, diliberately and consciously, 'neglect, put at harm and put a risk' issue confirmed, by the three, all under 4 years of age, defenceless, children's own father, then!

The only 'missing' child of the three, was 'that girl had a temper' (SH) the, 'she was ALMOST perfect' (GM) one.

Not a single child had gone 'missing' from PDL, Portugal in the seven years, prior, to Madeleine's 'disappearance' and, AND, not a single child has gone 'missing' from PDL, Portugal, in the almost eight years since Madeleine's 'disappearance'

Mind you, the McCann's and their 'friends' also haven't 'holidayed' in PDL, Portugal, in the almost eight years SINCE Madeleine's 'disapperance'

And didn't in the seven years BEFORE Madeleine's erm, 'disappearance'

thinking

Nope! 2+2 STILL = 4!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.04.15 16:20

Not everyone who has lost a child to abduction/murder can be courted by the UK Press.

Hacked Off must have been really hacked off to find some people, one in particular I'm thinking of who decided his grief was a private matter and wouldn't join the Hacked Off crew.

In the case of April, she went missing, she was searched for, the person who murdered her is behind bars, the UK police, rescue services, the local church and local community, alongside many people in the UK flocked to give assistance.

I don't see the need for a book and as harsh as that sounds I also think it's damaging not only to April's parents but to April's siblings and the community in which they live. It's great manna to the media, charities and publishers though.

Just my opinion.

ETA: There isn't a single thing Child Rescue Alert or Missing People could have done to save April.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.15 18:29

The absolute nightmare that April's mother has been through is etched on her face and I for one would not want to read an account of what went on during that time, so I have to agree that I think the book is not a very good idea.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum