The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by Doug D on 01.04.15 10:07

Istbc, but:
 
Any costs award would be against the parties to the action, which would be the Mc’s plus them acting on behalf of the 3 (?) kids (if the WoC business is validated & MM is entitled to be named in the action) and would be recoverable from their personal assets, bank accounts, house, cars etc.
 
Any monies and assets held by the Limited Company are protected and technically not claimable, which is where it may well get messy, as if there have been transfers of assets into the fund, these could be disputed on the basis of fraudulent transfers if the intention was to protect personal assets, so it could well end up in Court.
 
However, proceeds from ‘madeleine’, probably the largest slice of income after public donations, were ring-fenced to the Fund from the outset, libel awards were said to have been donated to the fund, (the most recent award was donated to ‘Missing People’ and another charity iirc), so there is just the serialization rights (£500k?) which I don’t think we don’t know about.
 
It is possible that this was the reason for removing the ‘To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family’ from the objects clauses for the fund, but I suspect it was more for reasons that it ‘just looked bad’, showing up in the accounts each year.
 
I believe the costs of the initial ‘book’ case were awarded against the Mc’s, but that they were deferred pending the outcome of the ‘libel’ case, so if they have to stump up for these, as well as costs in the present case, either way there is not going to be a lot left (in fact probably not even enough) to cover these costs in full.
 
Whether BK (windows) is still underwriting their court costs remains to be seen.

Doug D

Posts : 2153
Reputation : 642
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by plebgate on 01.04.15 10:46

If costs are not paid in full then (any) party could be declared bankrupt.   If that happened to Mr. & Mrs. then they possibly would not be able to be directors of any company?

I thought we were led to believe that there was only £750,000 in the Fund.   If that is correct then the courts would want to know how any large amounts of money previously not in the Fund had found their way there IMO.   Not that I am well up on the law at all, but aren't there laws saying that monies have to have been in an account for so many years before they cannot be taken following a court order?

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by HelenMeg on 01.04.15 10:48

However, proceeds from ‘madeleine’, probably the largest slice of income after public donations, were ring-fenced to the Fund from the outset, libel awards were said to have been donated to the fund, (the most recent award was donated to ‘Missing People’ and another charity iirc), so there is just the serialization rights (£500k?) which I don’t think we don’t know about. taken from Doug D post

As Dr Martin Roberts points out in his recent post - the book was sold with
[color:09c5=000000] 'flash' sticker (actually part of the cover graphic) which promised: 'All royalties donated to Madeleine's Fund'.

[color:09c5=000000]So how come the monies did not go straight into the fund (they appear to be still with Mc Canns now until transferred over as per recent claims). Or are royalties different from general proceeds from the book.. just wondering

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by endgame on 01.04.15 11:15

@HelenMeg wrote:However, proceeds from ‘madeleine’, probably the largest slice of income after public donations, were ring-fenced to the Fund from the outset, libel awards were said to have been donated to the fund, (the most recent award was donated to ‘Missing People’ and another charity iirc), so there is just the serialization rights (£500k?) which I don’t think we don’t know about. taken from Doug D post

As Dr Martin Roberts points out in his recent post - the book was sold with
[color:12f6=000000] 'flash' sticker (actually part of the cover graphic) which promised: 'All royalties donated to Madeleine's Fund'.

[color:12f6=000000]So how come the monies did not go straight into the fund (they appear to be still with Mc Canns now until transferred over as per recent claims). Or are royalties different from general proceeds from the book.. just wondering
They may well be playing with words and technicalities here as I believe Blair did when making a donation of book proceeds to the British Legion. The bulk of any payment may have been in an advance payable to them and royalties would subsequently be offset against that. Only after the advance had been repaid would they receive any royalties as such so possibly Advance - £500k; Total Royalties - £650k; Royalties offset - £500k; Royalties donated - £150k. If so, they could argue that technically they weren't lying although they would have been misleading and seriously economical with the truth.

endgame

Posts : 171
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by aquila on 01.04.15 12:38

Lazz's latest...

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Money_Money_Money..html


FWIW, here is my opinion. Whatever anyone may think, the Fund is watertight and within every single boundary of legality. It doesn't make it palatable but it's completely legal. Why wouldn't it be? There are enough high level professionals who have been paid from it, who swooped in immediately to ensure that very thing.

Whether anyone likes it or not, the Fund is operating legally until anyone can prove otherwise.

As for my opinion on the morality and ethics of the Fund from declarations by the parents, declarations by everyone connected to it, well my disgust is boundless and my heart is running on empty.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.04.15 12:47

Exclusive by Mike 'monitor' Wrong.

The parents or Madeleine McCann plan to plough their own money into the search for their missing daughter if police halt their investigation.
----------------------------------------------------

HA! HA! APRIL FOOLS'!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.04.15 13:16

aquila wrote:

Whether anyone likes it or not, the Fund is operating legally until anyone can prove otherwise.
-----------------------------------

Well, you say that, BUT, what if the 'fund' was 'set up' AFTER the McCanns, and possibly 'others' knew, KNEW, (including Esther McVey, thankfully now NOT an MP) exactly what had 'happened' to Madeleine, on 3rd May 2007, almost 2 weeks BEFORE the 'fund' was launched? (16th May 2007)

Be it 'simulated/faked abduction', 'planned disappearance', 'death' or a 'scam'

"Evidence" possibly shows that Madeleine McCann possibly died in or near apartment 5A at the Ocean Club Resort in Praia da Luz in Portugal. (OG's DCI Redwood 'she may not have left apartment 'alive' and Met Commissioner BHH ('murder').Madeleine possibly met her 'demise' sometime between May 1 and May 3. The Fund they set up to look for Madeleine IS 'FRAUDULENT' if, IF, any person involved in the case 'knew' Madeleine 'was dead' (or massive 'scam') at the time it was set up. Including ex MP, Esther McVey, who attended the 'fund' launch and was an appointed director on the board of the 'fund', who authorised 2 mortgage 'repayments' totalling £4,000, from the 'fund', just 2 months, after the 'fund' was 'set up', for the McCanns.

istbc, of course, as always!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by sonic72 on 01.04.15 15:53

@jeanmonroe wrote:aquila wrote:

Whether anyone likes it or not, the Fund is operating legally until anyone can prove otherwise.
I think you mean, the fund 'appears' to operating legally but you cannot say it 'is' operating legally because you do not have access to the full accounts due to the Mccann's lack of transparency.

____________________


sonic72

Posts : 337
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by snook on 03.04.15 0:24

If I am correct, moving funds so close to a court decision would not help them avoid paying costs. It would be viewed as a deliberate attempt to not pay by reason of lack of funds. Someone with an imminent bankruptcy hearing who had sold his Rolex to a family member would be in even more financial hot water and steps to recover the funds would be taken. This is supposing all the Mcmoney is legitimately lodged with a financial institution? They either think we the public have short memories or are still working on the assumption that we are stupid and take their every word as the Mctruth!

snook

Posts : 295
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2013-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by String on 03.04.15 0:37

clapping
@snook wrote:If I am correct, moving funds so close to a court decision would not help them avoid paying costs. It would be viewed as a deliberate attempt to not pay by reason of lack of funds. Someone with an imminent bankruptcy hearing who had sold his Rolex to a family member would be in even more financial hot water and steps to recover the funds would be taken. This is supposing all the Mcmoney is legitimately lodged with a financial institution? They either think we the public have short memories or are still working on the assumption that we are stupid and take their every word as the Mctruth!

String

Posts : 54
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by Bishop Brennan on 03.04.15 7:27

@snook wrote:If I am correct, moving funds so close to a court decision would not help them avoid paying costs. It would be viewed as a deliberate attempt to not pay by reason of lack of funds. Someone with an imminent bankruptcy hearing who had sold his Rolex to a family member would be in even more financial hot water and steps to recover the funds would be taken. This is supposing all the Mcmoney is legitimately lodged with a financial institution? They either think we the public have short memories or are still working on the assumption that we are stupid and take their every word as the Mctruth!

Sadly you are not correct.  Donating the bewk money to the fund and the search is what they claimed they would do from the start. Even without that it's a legitimate transaction.  As you rightly imply, government organisations such as HMRC can discount transactions they see as pure tax evasion, but there is no way a Portuguese court could rule (never mind reverse) a private donation from a UK national to a UK limited company as somehow an evasion. 

So even if it were their goal to protect the £1m in case of a heavy loss in Portugal, then that money is now safe. HMRC is likely to watch carefully how it is spent, but they do that anyway.  

However if the court does rule against them and they are faced with big costs, they will have to pay. In which case giving the money away might end up being a rather stupid move.  Unless if course imminent bankruptcy is enough to persuade the public / press to mount a campaign to raise cash to pay their bills.  What a thought that is...

Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by snook on 03.04.15 7:50

I was thinking more along the lines of if Amoral was awarded or sued them for costs and they pleaded personal poverty? I understand your point ( although what HMRC have to do with it I fail to understand) however which ever way it plays the Mccanns,are being duplicitous. As you rightly point out all proceeds from book sales were pledged for the sole purpose of a search ( whatever their interpretation of that may be) and if they have been holding said monies in a personal account and presumably reaping the interest then at the very least they have behaved, again inappropriately and without the promised transparency. Having worked in insolvency, moving or disposing of assets prior to having to make financial reparations is foolhardy and illegal.

snook

Posts : 295
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2013-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by Guest on 03.04.15 9:56

[quote="snook"]I was thinking more along the lines of if Amoral was awarded or sued them for costs and they pleaded personal poverty?  I understand your point ( although what HMRC have to do with it I fail to understand) however which ever way it plays the Mccanns,are being duplicitous. As you rightly point out all proceeds from book sales were pledged for the sole purpose of a search ( whatever their interpretation of that may be) and if they have been holding said monies in a personal account and presumably reaping the interest then at the very least they have behaved, again inappropriately and without the promised transparency. Having worked in insolvency, moving or disposing of assets prior to having to make financial reparations is foolhardy and illegal.[/quote]

Dr. AMARAL

Thank you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.04.15 12:29

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine, because.............



"there's a 'massive, financial' black HOLE in our bucket, our bucket, our bucket"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by snook on 27.04.15 21:04

@Portia wrote:
@snook wrote:.

Dr. AMARAL

Thank you
Apologies Portia. I can only blame auto correct on my phone as the previous time I spelt a name similar to Dr Amaral's was on Twitter to a particularly  nasty account who misspells  the good Dr's name. BTW, I can't find the edit function or I would have amended.
Thank you for pointing this error out.

snook

Posts : 295
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2013-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by Guest on 27.04.15 22:24

@snook wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@snook wrote:.

Dr. AMARAL

Thank you
Apologies Portia. I can only blame auto correct on my phone as the previous time I spelt a name similar to Dr Amaral's was on Twitter to a particularly  nasty account who misspells  the good Dr's name. BTW, I can't find the edit function or I would have amended.
Thank you for pointing this error out.
friends

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum