The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - Page 2 Mm11

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - Page 2 Mm11

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - Page 2 Regist10

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - Page 2 Empty Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by lj 29.03.15 23:27

sharonl wrote:
PeterMac wrote:I am interested to discover that they have cash reserves so large that they can contemplate liquidating a small portion of them, - say £ 1 million -
to assist the "fund" in whatever it is doing at the moment, and in whatever it has been doing for the last 7 years.

How much do the McCanns have at their instant disposal ?

The trial against Goncalo Amaral should be due to reach a conclusion.  Am I right in assuming that in the event that he wins, the McCanns will personally be facing huge legal fees, both their own and his?

If I am correct, then Amarals' lawyer will be also be asking that question.  The money is safer in the fund, isn't it?

Their own, Dr Amaral, and the other 2 parties. 
I have no doubt that the last year there has been a lot of "hide the penny" (not always in the fund) going on.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - Page 2 Empty Re: "We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann

Post by Angelique 29.03.15 23:32

sharonl

"If I am correct, then Amarals' lawyer will be also be asking that question.  The money is safer in the fund, isn't it?"

I think you may be right about it being safer in The Fund.

It must be a precautionary measure - perhaps Enid O'Dowd can advise?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 30.03.15 9:31

I wrote on Tuesday in the Yes it's time... thread on page 2 about...

I suppose 11 million quid is small change to cover up certain people especially when it doesn't come out of your pocket.

and now we get this article about McCann's own money.

Since the GA trial, I thought it unfair to have GA put up his monies and not have the McCanns  do similar, at least I surmise that they haven't had to put up monies should they lose their case.

So if the McCanns lose and much of their wealth has been squirreled away , what monies can be accessed by a court and what can't be?

Money and items bought from criminal activities can be seized so if it is shown that the McCann Fund was fraudulent, then let's not forget that 2 mortgage payments were made on their house.

People gave money to the Fund on the understanding that it would be used for searching and we have be told by TM that most of the monies would be used for legal purposes...not what the donors expected.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.03.15 12:42

Does anyone have the complete article to post up?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 30.03.15 12:56

According to the Madeleine 'fund' accounts, (2014)  there is only £753,056 (restricted and unrestricted) 'available'.

So the McCann's are going to have to 'find' at least £246,944 from 'somewhere' to keep their public 'pledge' to 'spend' £1,000,000 (of their 'OWN' money) on 'finding' Madeleine if OG is 'closed' aren't they?.

So Madeleine is 'only' WORTH £1million to the McCann's?

NOT £1.5, £3, or £100 miliion?

memo to McCann's:

MY children, ALL of them, individually, are absolutely 'PRICELESS'!!
--------------------------------------

Perhaps time for ANOTHER 'placed/faux' er, 'accusation' or 'article' in one of Murdoch's 'papers', about poor McCanns, with an 'out of court' settlement, between McCanns and our 'Rupe', for say, £246,944, in 'damages'?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 30.03.15 13:27

I remember a report in the newspapers that the family would be prepared to sell their houses in order to fund any searches.    If there is only £750,000 in the fund and they have pledged to spend a million, that option must still be open to them?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 30.03.15 17:34

What a nonsenses. The money from the book was already pledged to the fund. There might very well have been people who bought the book for that reason, or bought extras for that reason. They cannot pledge that twice. They also cannot count on the money from the trial in Portugal. First of all, it very uncertain that they win. Second, if they win they might not get what they asked for. Third, 75% of that money is not theirs, it's for the children (if Madeleine is still a "legal" party).

If this really coming from the McCanns, it is one of those promises on the line of: we'll cooperate, we'll never leave, we'll take a lie detector test, we'll sell our house etc.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.03.15 18:11

The wording seems fairly clear.
The £ 1m is NOT from the "Fund", it is the McCanns' own money, which would then be placed into the "Fund" to allow it to continue doing whatever it has been doing for the past 8 years
(persecuting Pensioners, harassing Police officers, causing the death by suicide of other pensioners, paying family members to prepare "Dossiers of death" and the rest)

So one asks - from where did the £ 1m emanate.
Proceeds from the book went direct to the "Fund". It said so on the cover.
What other scams investment opportunities have they been exploiting.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 30.03.15 19:43

Is one to assume that McCann's own money is money that is not connected in any way with the demise of Madeleine, i.e.money saved up from Gerry's salary? 

I think for a large amount to be accrued in 8 years would need some other inrush of money.

As lj said, just another hollow promise and out again with the begging bowl.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 30.03.15 22:31

Book money was supposed to be for the fund anyway! I thought it had all gone in already?

Why do we need a story about this? 

Just trying to make themselves look 'legit' as usual!

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 30.03.15 22:40

I'm guessing all this Mccspin is because the court case decision is imminent!

sonic72
sonic72

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 30.03.15 22:45

Angelique wrote:sharonl

"If I am correct, then Amarals' lawyer will be also be asking that question.  The money is safer in the fund, isn't it?"

I think you may be right about it being safer in The Fund.

It must be a precautionary measure - perhaps Enid O'Dowd can advise?

Could be a ploy to put their own funds out of the reach if the court case goes against them, but their house is worth a few bob, so they'll not hide all their assets.

sonic72
sonic72

Back to top Go down

"We'll put a million quid of our own dosh in to help find Madeleine - if Grange is wound up" - Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - Page 2 Empty Enrichment

Post by Tony Bennett 30.03.15 22:57

PeterMac wrote:I am interested to discover that they have cash reserves so large that they can contemplate liquidating a small portion of them - say £1 million -
to assist the "fund" in whatever it is doing at the moment, and in whatever it has been doing for the last 7 years.

How much do the McCanns have at their instant disposal ?
@ PeterMac

Put very simply and starkly...

...the disappearance of their precious, first-born daughter...

...has enriched them

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 30.03.15 23:29

sonic72 wrote:
Could be a ploy to put their own funds out of the reach if the court case goes against them, but their house is worth a few bob, so they'll not hide all their assets.

They could have remortgaged the house and put the extra cash into the fund. That could decrease the value of their assets by as much as 90%.

I'm waiting for the announcement that 'No Stone Unturned' Ltd. has slightly changed it's modus operandi, and will no longer include the phrase "To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family". Instead it will concentrate solely on the search for Madeleine, bringing her abductor to justice and supporting that aim however possible. That will presumably avert the inevitable accusation that if they were happy to pay their own legal fees from the fund to start questionable proceedings, they should be prepared to pay everyone else's from the fund as well. I'm guessing it will give the company directors the right to challenge any payouts, while still leaving the way open to use the fund for legal fees (anyone putting the 'TheyDunnit' theory forward will be 'damaging the search' and thus sue-able by the Fund). And maybe Gerry and Kate will stand down as Directors in order to 'concentrate on the search'.

Or could they close that company down, start up another with a different name, and avoid paying costs that way? Works for dodgy builders, apparently!

I have no idea of company law - I am just musing on the news. It would be interesting if anyone out there has knowledge of how these things work. I have no doubt that the McCanns have been hatching all sorts of plans to avoid paying up, and they will blame their apparent near-bankruptcy on that evil Amaral, dodgy Portuguese judges, and the cost of their own, tireless, unceasing, unselfish and devoted search for their beloved daughter. (Now where's that 'Being Violently Sick' emoticon?!)
SuspiciousMinds

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 30.03.15 23:35

SuspiciousMinds wrote:
sonic72 wrote:

They could have remortgaged the house and put the extra cash into the fund. That could decrease the value of their assets by as much as 90%.

I'm waiting for the announcement that 'No Stone Unturned' Ltd. has slightly changed it's modus operandi, and will no longer include the phrase "To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family". Instead it will concentrate solely on the search for Madeleine, bringing her abductor to justice and supporting that aim however possible. That will presumably avert the inevitable accusation that if they were happy to pay their own legal fees from the fund to start questionable proceedings, they should be prepared to pay everyone else's from the fund as well. I'm guessing it will give the company directors the right to challenge any payouts, while still leaving the way open to use the fund for legal fees (anyone putting the 'TheyDunnit' theory forward will be 'damaging the search' and thus sue-able by the Fund). And maybe Gerry and Kate will stand down as Directors in order to 'concentrate on the search'.

Or could they close that company down, start up another with a different name, and avoid paying costs that way? Works for dodgy builders, apparently!

I have no idea of company law - I am just musing on the news. It would be interesting if anyone out there has knowledge of how these things work. I have no doubt that the McCanns have been hatching all sorts of plans to avoid paying up, and they will blame their apparent near-bankruptcy on that evil Amaral, dodgy Portuguese judges, and the cost of their own, tireless, unceasing, unselfish and devoted search for their beloved daughter. (Now where's that 'Being Violently Sick' emoticon?!)
Have you done this before SuspiciousMinds? [wink emoticon]
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 31.03.15 8:38

Tony Bennett wrote:
Put very simply and starkly...
...the disappearance of their precious, first-born daughter...
...has enriched them

As it has enriched Mitchell, probably the extended family (Philomena for example,
and many others.

AS GERRY SAID, "IT WAS A GOOD MARKETING PLOY."
Indeed it was.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 31.03.15 10:34

sar wrote:Have you done this before SuspiciousMinds? [wink emoticon]

Damn - my secret's out! winkwink
SuspiciousMinds

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 31.03.15 17:34

Suspicious Minds:

I'm waiting for the announcement that 'No Stone Unturned' Ltd. has slightly changed it's modus operandi, and will no longer include the phrase "To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family".

The objects have already been changed to exclude this clause, with the amendment filed at Companies House back on 17th December 2011.

I imagine this was to try and reduce criticism when it appeared in the accounts each year, but that is purely my suggestion as I have no way of knowing the reason behind it.

However, as easily as it can be removed……………………..
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 31.03.15 19:12

Doug D wrote:Suspicious Minds:

I'm waiting for the announcement that 'No Stone Unturned' Ltd. has slightly changed it's modus operandi, and will no longer include the phrase "To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family".

The objects have already been changed to exclude this clause, with the amendment filed at Companies House back on 17th December 2011.

I imagine this was to try and reduce criticism when it appeared in the accounts each year, but that is purely my suggestion as I have no way of knowing the reason behind it.

However, as easily as it can be removed……………………..
There are many ways this family can be supported anyway. Kate's salary (after all  she is now full time working on the "search for Madeleine", use of space in the house, use of utilities, the extension they recently had made, expenses for both of the pathetic parents. They're not unique in this though, and their fund is not even a non profit, so they can do whatever they want. I have seen this in so many blatant ways done in the non-profit circuit in Washington DC. It's a huge industry and perfectly fit for white washing money.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 31.03.15 19:42

Interestingly when you look up the company:
  https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/madeleines-fund-leaving-no-stone-unturned

They have recently (in March) filed a DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / MRS KATE MARIE MCCANN / 01/03/2015 - wonder what thats about..
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 31.03.15 19:44

Also
Document: CH04 - Change of particulars for corporate secretary
CORPORATE SECRETARY'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / BWB SECRETARIAL LIMITED / 02/03/2015

Also

Document: AD01 - Change of registered office address
REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 02/03/2015 FROM
2/6 CANNON STREET
LONDON
EC4M 6YH
Filed on: 02 Mar 2015

a little flurry of activity - hmmmm
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 31.03.15 20:08

Bates, Wells & Braithwaite are registered here.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 31.03.15 20:12

HelenMeg:

‘a little flurry of activity – hmmmm’

Nothing untoward.

BWB look to have moved offices and as Kate’s registered address was the office address for some reason (GM’s is the hospital) it is merely a change of address form.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 31.03.15 22:33

OK DougD -Fair enough
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 31.03.15 22:34

Doug D wrote:HelenMeg:

‘a little flurry of activity – hmmmm’

Nothing untoward.

BWB look to have moved offices and as Kate’s registered address was the office address for some reason (GM’s is the hospital) it is merely a change of address form.
Just popping in then out.

Quick question to anyone.

If Mr Amaral wins the Civil case and is awarded costs can the Judge demand a freeze on any moneys from either the parents
or ' The Fund ' itself as a precedent has been set ( in Portugal at least ) that monies need to be kept available to pay the winner
so to speak?

The Portuguse precedent seems to be the retention of Mr Amarals assets.

Does it work the other way round too?

Thanks in advance.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top