The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by Lands_end on 25.03.15 9:51

@HelenMeg wrote:
@roy rovers wrote:I'm more interested in the process of unravelling. How long can the T7 stick together? How long before others in the know speak out? How long can the laws of libel prevent the publication of some tasty books on the subject? I don't really care what Operation Grange finally comes out with. If it's a whitewash that's another part of the process but the truth or something pretty close to it will come out in the end.
Actually- thats a good perspective. Any potential whitewash is a part of the process - not the end of the process. 
Should there be a whitewash, then that doesn't mean the matter is over with. Far from it - there will be lots to follow - and yes, I also believe that the truth will come out one way or another.  So SY /  Op Grange / UK government should think carefully before they choose a whitewash.  In these times, the truth will come out sooner rather than later - not in 20 years time.

Thats why this case is a phenomenon of its time - its a live investigation
+ police files in public domain - blog sites and forums openly discussing it / Twitter and social media

Its not like the Jimmy Saville case, or the Dolphin Square case  - which happened in previous times when social media not available.
Which can also jeapordise the chance of a fair trial if it ever comes to that. It could be argued that a witness concocted evidence with what they read onlie or twitter.

Lands_end

Posts : 88
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2015-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by HelenMeg on 25.03.15 10:30

yes ....

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by joyce1938 on 25.03.15 10:33

I don't think they will ever see the inside of a court on   a real case for m. We have been over it for many years now ,and no one has ever got proof that would stand up in court. joyce1938

joyce1938

Posts : 805
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 77
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by Doubter on 25.03.15 11:09

@joyce1938 wrote:I don't think they will ever see the inside of a court on   a real case for m. We have been over it for many years now ,and no one has ever got proof that would stand up in court. joyce1938


Yet...

Doubter

Posts : 24
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by HelenMeg on 25.03.15 11:16

Hopefully the blue bag will come in handy!

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.03.15 11:36

Lands_end wrote:

Which can also jeapordise the chance of a fair trial if it ever comes to that. It could be argued that a witness concocted evidence with what they read onlie or twitter.
-------------------------------

A 'witness'? (concocted 'evidence'?)

A 'witness' for whom? Prosecution or defence?

Pray 'tell'
-----------------------------
@ joyce1938

"I don't think they will ever see the inside of a court on, a real case for m. We have been over it for many years now ,and no one has ever got proof that would stand up in court."
----------------------------------

Presumeably by 'they' you mean the McCanns?

They weren't so shy 'inside a court room', when there was £1millon, 'up for grabs' in a 'libel' case, were they? A 'real' case 'for Madeleine'? ( AND for 'them' to 'line their pockets')

Incidentally, just how well did THAT 'court case' go for 'them'?

You're probably right, sadly, that 'they', or their devout T7 'friends', will ever see the inside of a court, with regard to Madeleine's er, 'disappearance' but, BUT, when there's a 'sniff' of 'money to be made' (out of her 'disappearance') 'they' are knocking down court room doors 'anywhere, everywhere'!

(imo)

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by joyce1938 on 25.03.15 15:01

Yes jeanmonroe ,it just is so rotten that they are able to make money from this tragedy,how come they don't pay some of it towards the searches ,give back some to government to be used .  Watching the supposed searching of waste ground right in the town ,just looked so stupid,dogs and pj had done all of that before. How dare it be said about pj didn't do a right job ,just maybe when ours stop and say closed,pj could pick it  up at the point it got shelved ,not closed .I just wonder if some of the time the met . have been on it ,any other points have come to light? I wish . joyce1938

joyce1938

Posts : 805
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 77
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by Lands_end on 25.03.15 18:44

@jeanmonroe wrote:Lands_end wrote:

Which can also jeapordise the chance of a fair trial if it ever comes to that. It could be argued that a witness concocted evidence with what they read onlie or twitter.
-------------------------------

A 'witness'? (concocted 'evidence'?)

A 'witness' for whom? Prosecution or defence?

Pray 'tell'
-----------------------------
@ joyce1938

"I don't think they will ever see the inside of a court on, a real case for m. We have been over it for many years now ,and no one has ever got proof that would stand up in court."
----------------------------------

Presumeably by 'they' you mean the McCanns?

They weren't so shy 'inside a court room', when there was £1millon, 'up for grabs' in a 'libel' case, were they? A 'real' case 'for Madeleine'? ( AND for 'them' to 'line their pockets')

Incidentally, just how well did THAT 'court case' go for 'them'?

You're probably right, sadly, that 'they', or their devout T7 'friends', will ever see the inside of a court, with regard to Madeleine's er, 'disappearance' but, BUT, when there's a 'sniff' of 'money to be made' (out of her 'disappearance') 'they' are knocking down court room doors 'anywhere, everywhere'!

(imo)
Jeanm. Suppose someone, say a waiter or barman comes forward with a story that they also saw the "Gasper incident". He was concerned at the time but was so afraid when he heard 2 days later that a little girl had gone missing that he said nothing to the police? It would be laughed out of court because there is a wealth of info online by us as "Trolls".
The only thing that is going to bring full closure on this matter is discovery of a body or a full confession by Kate or Gerry. Sad but there we are.

Lands_end

Posts : 88
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2015-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by secrets and lies on 25.03.15 20:36

I must agree with Pat. I now feel fairly certain OG has been a whitewash. But what upsets me the most is that rather than stating "we suspect strongly that Madeleine McCann is dead and, at this point, we have no leads to further investigate, so we are closing the case...", I fully expect we will be left hanging. 

Which means that the fund is allowed to continue and certain people can continue to trade upon, and make money from, the "mystery".

The sightings can continue. More headlines. More private detectives. More books. More tv appearances.  

If, at this point, Kate and Gerry McCann announced their intention to move to outer Siberia, remove themselves permanently from public life, close their company and stop all further appeals for money to search for their daughter, then I could perhaps happily never talk about this case again.

However, if, or rather when this case IS closed we can expect huge amounts of TM publicity about how "THEY will never give up, and believe their daughter is still alive, and how they need our help more than ever to find their little girl now that Scotland Yard has closed the case". One again the McCanns will be portrayed as victims.

At the moment all I can see is a WIN/WIN situation for these people.

secrets and lies

Posts : 145
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by NickE on 25.03.15 20:58

I have a thought about a supposed shut down of this case.
McCann's want to be in the light and do not want to be forgotten.
Let's say,the police closing down the investigation and the case cools down in media and the McCann´s will be forgotten.
Do anyone here think someone dare to come forward if the case cools down?
MW staff,someone in the Tapas gang...unt zu weiter.

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by aquila on 25.03.15 21:21

OG is being urged to close down by a Police Federation spokesperson, schmoozy media articles courting public opinion on a cost basis peddling 'poor McCanns'.

That's it.

If OG does close down then it's most definitely a whitewash. No question about it.

Now, think back a few months ago when someone important in the establishment/police said that the MET could not afford to investigate every case of a missing child and other agencies ought to be looked at to deal with these matters. Of course, the 'other agencies' would be the uber agency of Missing People.

I sometimes wonder if there's a life in UK outside London/Westminster/Belgravia.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by Knitted on 25.03.15 23:16

@aquila wrote:Snipped:

I sometimes wonder if there's a life in UK outside London/Westminster/Belgravia.
... Maybe Monday to Thursday's that's where it all happens... but Friday to Sunday Chipping Norton is the place where it all goes on!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipping_Norton_set

____________________
Justice...  Fought for by the masses. Purchased by the wealthy. Traded by the powerful.

Knitted

Posts : 240
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The End is Near in the Madeleine McCann Case"

Post by aquila on 26.03.15 13:55

@Knitted wrote:
@aquila wrote:Snipped:

I sometimes wonder if there's a life in UK outside London/Westminster/Belgravia.
... Maybe Monday to Thursday's that's where it all happens... but Friday to Sunday Chipping Norton is the place where it all goes on!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipping_Norton_set
Awww, and their close neighbours G4S, the old Group 4 Security headquarters. Comfy.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum