The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Mm11

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Mm11

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Regist10

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide

Post by Guest 20.03.15 14:42

"and had been researching ways to end her life."

How do they know that?

DId she order Helium online?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide

Post by Christina 20.03.15 14:43

@Plebgate

Couldn't agree more. Sky news report didn't mention the police's evidence but did highlight her son's statement, detailing her state of mind, etc. I was shocked to hear she was researching like that too.

Poor, poor lady. 

RIP Brenda xxxx
Christina

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 20.03.15 14:45

Re helium: apparently you can buy it in the supermarket to blow balloons up, so I don't know. If they got her computer/provider details they would see what she had been Googling, I expect. So sad.
Christina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming 20.03.15 15:05

So that's the end of it then ?

So under certain (Mc)circumstances you can hound an innocent person, intimidate them and make false threats, label them, accuse them, broadcast them being pounced on by a news team on continual loop nationwide despite them having told them you have considered taking your life - then sit back and wait until they take their own life (well that's the official line)

And not even get a slap on the wrist?

Or have to disclose where you got the information from that led you to do all of the above?

Regardless of anything else that really does not sit comfortably with me at all and it kind of stinks

Is there any possibility that the inquest and its findings will trigger any further Police investigation into the circumstances that led to such a sad conclusion ?
Jamming
Jamming

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick 20.03.15 15:15

Jamming wrote:So that's the end of it then ?

So under certain (Mc)circumstances you can hound an innocent person, intimidate them and make false threats, label them, accuse them, broadcast them being pounced on by a news team on continual loop nationwide despite them having told them you have considered taking your life - then sit back and wait until they take their own life (well that's the official line)

Or have to disclose where you got the information from that led you to do all of the above?

Regardless of anything else that really does not sit comfortably with me at all and it kind of stinks

Is there any possibility that the inquest and its findings will trigger any further Police investigation into the circumstances that led to such a sad conclusion ?
The whole case from Day One has been stinking, this is just more stench to add to the list.

happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 20.03.15 16:02

Jamming wrote:So that's the end of it then ?

Are we surprised at the "suicide" verdict? Not really... we kind of expect this outcome.
However in view of what MB admitted, I would be surprised if he is let off scot free without so much as a slap on the wrist.  

What would be of interest is - is the verdict and MB's statements going to affect SP's documentary or rather the focus points of the documentary.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by String 20.03.15 16:04

Paragraph 7 is rather interesting!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/madeleine-mccann-twitter-troll-inquest-hear-sky-news-journalists-1480147

"Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have spoken previously of how online abuse has affected them. Gerry McCann compiled a dossier of abuse he said had caused his family "severe distress"
String
String

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 20.03.15 16:05

BlueBag wrote:I still don't get how you get helium to your hotel bedroom.

Buy a canister from a supermarket or Argos and carry it in a bag/pack it in a suitcase http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2754756.htm

Alternatively, order a tank of 'hippy crack' from the Middletons' online emporium http://www.partypieces.co.uk/helium-canister/helium-balloon-gas-canister.html and have it delivered to your home before transporting it to your destination of choice.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.03.15 16:11

ultimaThule wrote:

Buy a canister from a supermarket or Argos and carry it in a bag/pack it in a suitcase http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2754756.htm

Alternatively, order a tank of 'hippy crack' from the Middletons' online emporium http://www.partypieces.co.uk/helium-canister/helium-balloon-gas-canister.html and have it delivered to your home before transporting it to your destination of choice.
Yeah.. but did she?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 20.03.15 16:43

Given that the Inquest into Ms Leyland's death found that 'she had recently been upset by public exposure in the media and had been researching ways to end her life', imo she most probably did, BlueBag.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.03.15 16:51

ultimaThule wrote:Given that the Inquest into Ms Leyland's death found that 'she had recently been upset by public exposure in the media and had been researching ways to end her life', imo she most probably did, BlueBag.
I suppose we should accept it.. just like Dr David Kelly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 20.03.15 16:55

As I see it the circumstances of Ms Leyland's death are entirely different to that of Dr Kelly who, as far as I'm aware, was not known to have researched ending his life by penknife prior to the discovery of his body.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.03.15 17:06

ultimaThule wrote:As I see it the circumstances of Ms Leyland's death are entirely different to that of Dr Kelly who, as far as I'm aware, was not known to have researched ending his life by penknife prior to the discovery of his body.
Whatever... if some official body tells me someone researched ending their life I have to believe it just because they say so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Empty How death by helium works

Post by Letterwriter 20.03.15 17:21

I've seen some comments that indicate some confusion as to how inhaling helium can cause death.  So I'll weigh in with what I know - knowledge gained from mixed gas scuba diving.

Death from helium inhalation isn't caused by a poisonous effect of the gas.  Death is caused by asphixiation as helium doesn't contain oxygen.  Essentially, a person who keeps breathing from the canister will eventually replace all the air in their lungs will helium.  The lack of oxygen leads to death.

It is meant to be a decent way to go as the body doesn't know it is being starved of oxygen - so you don't get the panic or the painful urge to exhale that you do if you suffocate or try to hold your breath.  This is because the body isn't really wired to cope with gasses other than air.  The trigger that causes the urge to exhale is the build up of carbon dioxide in the lungs - not the lack of oxygen - which is the thing the body actually needs to know about. 

If you are breathing something inert/oxygenless like helium, no carbon dioxide is created so no (increasingly urgent and painful and panicky) urge to exhale occurs as the CO2 level builds.  The body's trigger isn't flicked so you will just pass out without you really being aware of it let alone suffering.

I assume people use gas hoods/tents so that when they pass out, they don't drop the canister/mouthpiece and start breathing the surrounding air - which might cause them to come round.  After passing out, the body will need to be starved of oxygen for a good few minutes before death occurs.

EDIT: To those asking whether a small cylinder would be enough - yes it would.  At the least you only need a few litres in order to fill the lungs up.  At the VERY most, let's say you need to keep breathing fresh helium in and out for 10 mins.  250 litres of gas should easily do that.  You could easily put a 3 litre cylinder in hand luggage.  I know that is only 3 litres v 250 litres - but the cylinder is pressurised.  If to a (typical) pressure of 200 bar that is 600 litres of gas.  Plenty.
Letterwriter
Letterwriter

Activity : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 20.03.15 17:55

String wrote:Paragraph 7 is rather interesting!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/madeleine-mccann-twitter-troll-inquest-hear-sky-news-journalists-1480147

"Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have spoken previously of how online abuse has affected them. Gerry McCann compiled a dossier of abuse he said had caused his family "severe distress"

Another "hint" the family is up until over their ears in it.

No surprise though.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Empty Helium vs nitrous oxide...

Post by missbeetle 20.03.15 20:51

ultimaThule wrote:

Hello ultimaThule - 'hippy crack' is nitrous oxide (laughing gas), not helium...

...it was popular here about a dozen years ago (I loved it) before being banned.

I was quite surprised to see it still available to partygoers in the UK :

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 <a href=Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Nos_zpsupnfnwu8

Back to Mrs Leyland, though - no mention at the inquest of alcohol, was there...?

I would find it very odd if a woman who enjoyed a drink and a fag - 

- had not at least had a couple of wines before saying goodbye to her life.

Has there been any mention of a funeral?

Where's Snifferdog gotten to? I did enjoy reading her (?) posts and hope she is well.

Best wishes to you all.

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by LG 20.03.15 23:40

The coroner reported that Brenda's body was released last year late October.
LG

Activity : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 21.03.15 0:20

Did I blink and miss something?  I didn't see anything about this on the BBC national news.

The verdict is the verdict.

I am sure she did commit suicide. 

But I am equally sure that the way the inquest was conducted is quite shameful to this country.  

Another little bit of the body of British justice has rotted away.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 21.03.15 0:23

I'm sure being invisible, despite caring and answering people in good faith. is a good thing..

There seems to be no point speaking unless you're well known/trusted, so shut it Christine. 

Back to reading.
Christina

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 21.03.15 1:43

Christina wrote:I'm sure being invisible, despite caring and answering people in good faith. is a good thing..

There seems to be no point speaking unless you're well known/trusted, so shut it Christine. 

Back to reading.
Christina, please keep on posting. I think as a rule 90% of posts are not reacted on, that does not mean they are not read. I was going to post about the balloon fill canisters when I saw your post. I read your other post too. I know the feeling that you are screaming at the sea, but believe me, people  are reading.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Empty Weirder and weirder...

Post by missbeetle 21.03.15 6:10

If I wasn't on the other side of the world, I'd have gone to this inquest -

(possibly heavily disguised with a moustache - or - I'm not sure -

- out there giving it what for, for Free Speech) -

- were any of Mrs Leyland's mates in attendance?

Did any forum members go, that are able to tell us about it?

Did not Mrs Leyland make a posting along the lines of...

..."If I'm found dead, please investigate" in late 2013...?

(I could so be wrong, and can't find the 'suspicious circumstances' tweet just now)

For such an apparently articulate woman - no suicide note doesn't sit right, either.

Had she left instructions for the care of her dog/s, for example?

Was the time of death mentioned?

As for the suicide instruction website being open on her iPad -

- had that iPad been fingerprinted? The helium canisters?

I'd've printed the instructions out, myself - 

- or scribbled them down.

I have wondered if Brenda had been a member of any of the online forums -

- as Twitter seems an odd place to start off on.

It was only really through reading, and then posting on this forum -

(and getting absolutely chewed at times)

- that I got a feel for just how complex and far-reaching this case is.

Tony - I don't suppose Brenda could have been the 'Woman from Wigan'

- who rang you up one time? Or am I geographically way out?

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland inquest records suicide - Page 1 Empty BLACKSMITH

Post by PeterMac 21.03.15 7:29

Last sentence
http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.com.es/

Brunt killed Brenda Leyland.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl Dixon 21.03.15 8:03

Martin Brunt did not kill Brenda Leyland. Reprehensible to suggest otherwise!
Daryl Dixon

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.15 8:50

I've just noticed HiDeHo has posted her video on Missing Madeleine in memory of Brenda Leyland.

If my link doesn't work could someone do the honours please?

With thanks to HiDeHo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LMih8I_EZk0

RIP Brenda Leyland.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.15 8:52

aquila wrote:I've just noticed HiDeHo has posted her video on Missing Madeleine in memory of Brenda Leyland.

If my link doesn't work could someone do the honours please?

With thanks to HiDeHo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LMih8I_EZk0

RIP Brenda Leyland.
It works fine and thanks for posting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top