The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Which party do you want to win the next election?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who do want to win the next election?

12% 12% 
[ 8 ]
21% 21% 
[ 14 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
46% 46% 
[ 31 ]
3% 3% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 68

Re: Which party do you want to win the next election?

Post by aquila on 07.05.15 12:56

@Joss wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Of course what people would like to happen may be different from what they realise will happen.

Perhaps may people who would, in a perfect world, like to see PR, and UKIP and the Greens having a decent share of MPs will, on the day, on mature refection, understand that their particular candidate is not going to get in, and cast their vote accordingly.

The only thing we can all hope for and probably agree on, is that Mitchell loses his deposit.
I've just voted. I voted for a party that is unlikely to get in but what the hell. I took a taxi (it's a bit of a schlep to the polling station) and the taxi driver asked me who I'd voted for. He gave me a Cadbury's Creme Egg and charged me half fare. laughat

I voted UKIP for Government and the Green Party for Council.
That was sweet of the taxi driver, smilie
I voted with my conscience. I gave up on trying to understand tactical voting from the biased MSM or trying to understand the sick machinations of government. I have a vote. I exercised my right to vote. It's better to do that than sit and complain. I know my vote is probably wasted and has helped other parties but it's better for me to know that not only did I use my right to vote, I voted with my conscience.

Get out of Europe.

Stem immigration.

That's what I voted for.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 07.05.15 13:14

@aquila wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Of course what people would like to happen may be different from what they realise will happen.

Perhaps may people who would, in a perfect world, like to see PR, and UKIP and the Greens having a decent share of MPs will, on the day, on mature refection, understand that their particular candidate is not going to get in, and cast their vote accordingly.

The only thing we can all hope for and probably agree on, is that Mitchell loses his deposit.
I've just voted. I voted for a party that is unlikely to get in but what the hell. I took a taxi (it's a bit of a schlep to the polling station) and the taxi driver asked me who I'd voted for. He gave me a Cadbury's Creme Egg and charged me half fare. laughat

I voted with my conscience. I gave up on trying to understand tactical voting from the biased MSM or trying to understand the sick machinations of government. I have a vote. I exercised my right to vote. It's better to do that than sit and complain. I know my vote is probably wasted and has helped other parties but it's better for me to know that not only did I use my right to vote, I voted with my conscience.

Get out of Europe.

Stem immigration.

That's what I voted for.

Aquila, I am about to go out to vote, myself, and my vote is private, but I will say, I am going through a "Purple Patch"  and will vote accordingly spin

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.15 15:28

One here for Tony's blood pressure. Talk about a banana republic....

"Election row as UKIP candidate missed off ballot papers."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12937373.UPDATED__Ukip_candidate_missed_off_Darlington_ballot_papers_at_one_polling_station___but_voters_urged_to_keep_voting/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 07.05.15 16:57

@aquila wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Get out of Europe.

Stem immigration.

That's what I voted for.
Good for you Aquila. You got to stand up for what you feel is right.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 12.05.15 17:49

@Joss wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Get out of Europe.

Stem immigration.

That's what I voted for.
Good for you Aquila. You got to stand up for what you feel is right.
Absolutely right you do Joss  agree

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.05.15 17:57

Liberal Democrats see surge in membership after disastrous election night with more than 5,000 people joining party

Liberal Democrats may be severely wounded, but they aren't dead yet.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/liberal-democrats-see-surge-membership-9227986

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 12.05.15 19:14

@sallypelt wrote:Liberal Democrats see surge in membership after disastrous election night with more than 5,000 people joining party

Liberal Democrats may be severely wounded, but they aren't dead yet.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/liberal-democrats-see-surge-membership-9227986
LD's need to choose Norman Lamb as leader (no bias even though he's my local MP), approachable and hard-working, would make a better leader than Clegg, always said so  yes

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 12.05.15 19:20

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 13.05.15 11:01

I really hope the LibDems use the next 5 years to regroup and come back with a formidable party ready and able to take government instead of the lily livered excuse for a party it became.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 13.05.15 11:22

@aquila wrote:I really hope the LibDems use the next 5 years to regroup and come back with a formidable party ready and able to take government instead of the lily livered excuse for a party it became.
Aquila, I am in total agreement with you. If they can get their act together, there will be a middle of the road party for those who want something different from a left of centre Labour Party,  and the right-wing Conservatives. I feel that the electorate are beginning to forgive the lie that was told by Clegg, over the student loans.

Moreover, many couldn't stomach the Lib Dems being political whores when they jumped into bed with Conservatives. The electorate saw the Lib Dems as being right of centre of Labour party politics, but nowhere near the  right-wing policies of the Conservatives. However, the Lib Dems did a lot of good when in coalition. They did keep the Conservatives from introducing some of its extreme right wing policies, but they couldn't stop them all. But maybe it will take the Lib Dems to be in the wilderness for a year or two, for the electorate to realise just how much they  kept a cap on some of the Conservatives more drastic right-wing policies. But, sadly, the Conservatives are now unfettered to introduce those policies that they were prevented from passing, when the Lib Dems were in bed with them.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum