The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Is UK Border Control fit for purpose?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is UK Border Control fit for purpose?

Post by ultimaThule on 22.02.15 19:37

Regardless of whether or not Turkish Airlines failed in whatever duty it may have had to alert whichever relevant UK authority to the fact that 3 minors travelling without an adult had booked a flight to Istanbul, I find it deeply worrying that these schoolgirls were able to proceed through Gatwick without being stopped and questioned as to whether their parents were aware of/had given permission for their trip.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2963092/You-belong-home-Family-missing-schoolgirl-appeal-return-urge-not-cross-border-Syria.html

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is UK Border Control fit for purpose?

Post by aquila on 23.02.15 12:32

@ultimaThule wrote:Regardless of whether or not Turkish Airlines failed in whatever duty it may have had to alert whichever relevant UK authority to the fact that 3 minors travelling without an adult had booked a flight to Istanbul, I find it deeply worrying that these schoolgirls were able to proceed through Gatwick without being stopped and questioned as to whether their parents were aware of/had given permission for their trip.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2963092/You-belong-home-Family-missing-schoolgirl-appeal-return-urge-not-cross-border-Syria.html

Perhaps they were accompanied.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 23.02.15 14:13

Also, going by holiday flights, passport control don`t insist that 15 year olds are associated with their parents. They were smart girls so probably split up and mixed with the adults.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.02.15 15:04

It's very interesting to see how much anti-semitic stuff is reported in the newspapers. I'm in my mid-50's and I've yet to see anyone in UK or any of the two other countries I've lived in do anything anti-semitic.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum