- Number of child kidnappings in Britain increased by a fifth in the last year
- Both kidnappings and abductions of children rose by 13% in 2013-14
- The vast majority of abductions, 401 from 559, carried out by strangers
- Number of children being abducted by parents was also up by six per cent
- Figures were compiled by charity Parents and Abducted Children Together
- They believe there is a different attitude to reporting such crimes in wake of Rotherham scandal
By Jennifer Newton for MailOnline
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2963725/Huge-rise-numbers-children-snatched-Britain-900-minors-taken-strangers-parents-past-year.html#ixzz3STYfbqmn
ETA: I've only just read this article. The comments are interesting.
- Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03
How many stranger abductions in Portugal since little Maddie went missing?
- Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1164
Join date : 2013-02-01
559 child abductions by strangers in 2013/14? The absence of contemporary news reports alerting the public to every one of these heinous crimes suggests that those who work for the MSM were asleep on the job, but they can catch up now by perusing the pages of another charitable institution well known to this forum which has no doubt recorded all the details.
I personally find the article scare-mongering . If that amount of children are being taken , why are we not being told about it -by charities such as Missing People, and the MSM?
I notice that one of the comments alludes to micro-chipping children. Not only a vile Orwellian prospect, but surely very dangerous one too. Micro-chipping cannot prevent abduction. But it might make abductors ruthless if they are afraid of discovery.
I'm not sure why the two boys have been included in this article? Come on, let's have some age -progression sketches too, if the article is serious about finding them...
Finally, how are PACT's figures arrived at?
- Posts : 1632
Reputation : 251
Join date : 2012-01-17