The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Myles Bradbury: Paedophile doctor who abused children with cancer becomes police adviser

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Myles Bradbury: Paedophile doctor who abused children with cancer becomes police adviser

Post by sallypelt on 14.02.15 18:44

I don't know if this has been posted:

The development comes as the mother of one of a “substantial number” of new victims reveals fears a NHS inquiry into the paediatrician could be a whitewash

children's doctor believed to be one of Britain’s most prolific paedophiles is now advising police on how to stop child abusers in the NHS.
As new alleged victims of paedophile Dr Myles Bradbury come forward, we can reveal how police have visited him in prison in a bid to prevent cases like his.
And despite stonewalling in three interviews last year, police say Bradbury, who is serving 22 years for abusing 18 sick and dying children, has given them information.
The development comes as the mother of one of a “substantial number” of new victims reveals her son’s anguish and how she fears a NHS inquiry into the paedophile paediatrician could be a whitewash.
The probe - commissioned by the trust which runs Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridgeshire, where Bradbury, 41, abused patients - is expected to be completed by the end of May.
Documents showing the terms of reference for the probe, which will examine how Bradbury was able to abuse children over a period of almost five years, reveal there is no guarantee the report will be made public.
The mum said: “We’ve not yet been asked at all what we feel the review should consider, yet they are talking about it all being completed by May 2015.
"How on earth can the terms of the investigation be decided, and approved, without speaking to all the families of the abused children?
“It immediately suggests this investigation will simply be a whitewash rather than the full, wide-ranging investigation it should be.
"Our children have already been let down in the worst imaginable way, so this investigation mustn’t do that to us again.”

Her son, who has suffered from an extremely serious and rare blood disorder, was seen by Bradbury for six years.
When an in-patient, the boy would make “dens” in his room and Bradbury would often encourage his parents to “go for a coffee” and he would get in the den with him.
The boy only accepted he had been abused by married Bradbury when the paedophile pleaded guilty to attacking other children last year.
His mum said: “I’m still struggling to deal with my feelings towards him (Bradbury).
“It is a mix of guilt for allowing him to do what he did to my son, but also anger and mainly numbness over what happened.
“As a family we still find it difficult to understand how someone could be so calculating and cruel towards anyone, let alone children who were fighting for their lives.
“To see your child fighting for his life on numerous occasions and to then find out that the one person that you trusted to do everything they can to save him, was actually abusing him and adding to his emotional stresses, is beyond words.
“We’ve also struggled to believe that the person who did these despicable crimes against these vulnerable children was the same doctor that we held in such high regard and trusted completed with our son’s life.
“This has absolutely shattered any trust I have for anyone, or indeed my son has.”
Police say that during three interviews prior to Bradbury pleading guilty, the paedophile answered all questions with “no comment”.
The prison visit to Bradbury, whose victims all had cancer or blood disorders, came as part of a review “which aims to ensure offending of this type cannot happen again”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police - the force which put him behind bars - said it was “an attempt to gain any further information from Bradbury that might help us prevent this happening again”.
He added: “Some information was given.”
Bradbury, who pleaded guilty to 25 offences in a hearing in September before being sentenced in December, has not been questioned about further victims, he said.
Legal firms are representing a “substantial number” of new victims.
The police spokesman said a “small number of cases” have gone to the Crown Prosecution Service for advice.
Renu Daly, of Neil Hudgell Solicitors, a law firm representing victims, described the doctor as a “prolific paedophile” and said victims and families want a public inquiry into his abuse.

Link to full article:  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/myles-bradbury-paedophile-doctor-who-5154834#ICID=sharebar_twitter

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Myles Bradbury: Paedophile doctor who abused children with cancer becomes police adviser

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 14.02.15 20:10

Thank you for bringing this to the forum. It will give us much to think about

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Myles Bradbury: Paedophile doctor who abused children with cancer becomes police adviser

Post by Gaggzy on 14.02.15 20:23

@sallypelt wrote:I don't know if this has been posted:

The development comes as the mother of one of a “substantial number” of new victims reveals fears a NHS inquiry into the paediatrician could be a whitewash

children's doctor believed to be one of Britain’s most prolific paedophiles is now advising police on how to stop child abusers in the NHS.
As new alleged victims of paedophile Dr Myles Bradbury come forward, we can reveal how police have visited him in prison in a bid to prevent cases like his.
And despite stonewalling in three interviews last year, police say Bradbury, who is serving 22 years for abusing 18 sick and dying children, has given them information.
The development comes as the mother of one of a “substantial number” of new victims reveals her son’s anguish and how she fears a NHS inquiry into the paedophile paediatrician could be a whitewash.
The probe - commissioned by the trust which runs Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridgeshire, where Bradbury, 41, abused patients - is expected to be completed by the end of May.
Documents showing the terms of reference for the probe, which will examine how Bradbury was able to abuse children over a period of almost five years, reveal there is no guarantee the report will be made public.
The mum said: “We’ve not yet been asked at all what we feel the review should consider, yet they are talking about it all being completed by May 2015.
"How on earth can the terms of the investigation be decided, and approved, without speaking to all the families of the abused children?
“It immediately suggests this investigation will simply be a whitewash rather than the full, wide-ranging investigation it should be.
"Our children have already been let down in the worst imaginable way, so this investigation mustn’t do that to us again.”

Her son, who has suffered from an extremely serious and rare blood disorder, was seen by Bradbury for six years.
When an in-patient, the boy would make “dens” in his room and Bradbury would often encourage his parents to “go for a coffee” and he would get in the den with him.
The boy only accepted he had been abused by married Bradbury when the paedophile pleaded guilty to attacking other children last year.
His mum said: “I’m still struggling to deal with my feelings towards him (Bradbury).
“It is a mix of guilt for allowing him to do what he did to my son, but also anger and mainly numbness over what happened.
“As a family we still find it difficult to understand how someone could be so calculating and cruel towards anyone, let alone children who were fighting for their lives.
“To see your child fighting for his life on numerous occasions and to then find out that the one person that you trusted to do everything they can to save him, was actually abusing him and adding to his emotional stresses, is beyond words.
“We’ve also struggled to believe that the person who did these despicable crimes against these vulnerable children was the same doctor that we held in such high regard and trusted completed with our son’s life.
“This has absolutely shattered any trust I have for anyone, or indeed my son has.”
Police say that during three interviews prior to Bradbury pleading guilty, the paedophile answered all questions with “no comment”.
The prison visit to Bradbury, whose victims all had cancer or blood disorders, came as part of a review “which aims to ensure offending of this type cannot happen again”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police - the force which put him behind bars - said it was “an attempt to gain any further information from Bradbury that might help us prevent this happening again”.
He added: “Some information was given.”
Bradbury, who pleaded guilty to 25 offences in a hearing in September before being sentenced in December, has not been questioned about further victims, he said.
Legal firms are representing a “substantial number” of new victims.
The police spokesman said a “small number of cases” have gone to the Crown Prosecution Service for advice.
Renu Daly, of Neil Hudgell Solicitors, a law firm representing victims, described the doctor as a “prolific paedophile” and said victims and families want a public inquiry into his abuse.

Link to full article:  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/myles-bradbury-paedophile-doctor-who-5154834#ICID=sharebar_twitter

A doctor saying 'no comment' to loads of police questions.

Where have we heard that before?!!!!

This pervert should serve every last day of those 22 years ... then be released into a shark-infested ocean.

I'm 'old skool' when it comes to judgement.

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.02.15 20:47

I think he should have been told he will never come out of jail.    What's this all about?  What would the cops  do if he hadn't been caught and put into jail?  Who would they have turned to for help then?

You could not make this up, he should have been helping police with their enquiries a long time ago, before he damaged and harmed so many ill children.

An absolutely disgusting, filthy individual who is now helping the police to try and stop others like it.  Sounds like a cushy little number in a soft prison.

You can't tell me that other members of staff didn't have suspcions about this man.   Make examples of those that turn a blind eye and give the sickos life meaning life or better still make them suffer with a few lashes of the cat o 9 tails.   That would help I believe.

Yes I am old school too.    Make em suffer for their sick crimes that's my opinion and I don't care how many do-gooders don't like it.  PAH and DOUBLE PAH.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mad world on 14.02.15 20:51

So many foxes in the chicken coop..but that story just goes beyond disgusting. Too put your childs life in someone elses hand like that and they merely see that as an opportunity to satisfy their sickness..personally for him i'd leave him with the parents and a load of surgical tools. Let justice take its course.

mad world

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 15.02.15 12:44

And don't forget, CEOP knew, KNEW, about this pervert for TWO YEARS before the police got around to arresting him!

TWO YEARS!

They had the 'info' from the Canadians (OP Spade) and did NOTHING!

How many ' sick and dying' from cancer kiddies, were 'abused, defiled, assaulted' by this PRICK in the two years the child exploitation force knew, KNEW, about his perversions?

If the parents can 'sue the arse off of CEOP' they SHOULD!

I'm sick of CEOP's 'covering up' of serious CRIMES!

THEY need 'investigating'!

"There's something rotten, in the State of CEOP."

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.02.15 14:49

@jeanmonroe wrote:And don't forget, CEOP knew, KNEW, about this pervert for TWO YEARS before the police got around to arresting him!

TWO YEARS!

They had the 'info' from the Canadians (OP Spade) and did NOTHING!

How many ' sick and dying' from cancer kiddies, were 'abused, defiled, assaulted' by this PRICK in the two years the child exploitation force knew, KNEW, about his perversions?

If the parents can 'sue the arse off of CEOP' they SHOULD!

I'm sick of CEOP's 'covering up' of serious CRIMES!

THEY need 'investigating'!

"There's something rotten, in the State of CEOP."
Gamble will slither his way out of any situation...a resignation from CEOP...an interesting visit to Cambodia...promotion of Summer & Swan's book, promotion of just about anything to his less than transparent company.

You're right jeanmonroe. There's something rotten in the State of CEOP and Gamble bailed out. It's funny how people plump for resignation/retirement just prior to an inquiry.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum