The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Oldfield and Kate relationship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oldfield and Kate relationship

Post by HelenMeg on 11.02.15 10:39

I'm quite interested in the relationship between Matt Oldfield and Kate. 
Have just been through Matt's rog interview.

He starts out by saying that he and Rachel were not close to Mc Canns - only met them previously at Dave and Fiona's wedding in 2003 - but had not grown close to them or seen them much if at all since.

He says that he only remembers the activities on Wednesday of the week in PdL as it was raining. Rachel was ill and stuck pottering about in the apartment on Wed. He remembers he went running with Kate at lunch time - a run of between 6 - 8 miles. He says, when asked if he likes running 'No, I dont like it " then about turns to say he does like it when on holiday in the heat. 

So he goes running with Kate at lunch time on the rainy Wednesday.
His partner Racheal is ill and apparently pottering in the apartment.
He doesnt know Kate very well.
He doesnt have any recollection   of how it was arranged that they went running:

"I can't remember how that came about".

4078 "That is what I was going to ask".

Reply "Yeah, erm, it may have been that, because I think Kate might have run most days, because she was quite a keen runner, and it may just be that either I thought I'd go for a run and she was already changed, or I was changed and, or Gerry might have said that, erm, I'm speculating, it may just have been coincidence that we both got into running gear and then decided to run together".

Do I believe he went running with her on that day? No. Did anyone witness them running together? I dont know. But why would he make this up. Where was Gerry at lunchtime Wed? Was he taking care of kids? Isnt this when he went missing.

I have still to investigate further but this run intrigues me. As does the photo of when Matt has his arms around Kate from behind.  Much too familiar for someone who doesnt know them very well. I know we have discussed a lot of this before, but the alleged 'run' interests me - it has to eb covering for something else. 

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oldfield and Kate relationship

Post by HelenMeg on 11.02.15 10:51

Fiona speaks about Wed in her rog interview .
She says it was the ladies tennis day and all the ladies participated in the tennis.
She says it was Wed evening when Racheal was sick NOT wednesday day time!

Russ specifically mentions that On WeD, Racheal was sick and stayed in the flat.
Says he watched the Ladies tennis and believes he saw Madeleine at Lunchtime on Wednesday.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 11.02.15 11:07

Jane Tanner - Wednesday
Jane remembers she had tennis lesson in the morning and then it was supposed to be the second windsurfing lesson but it was too  windy. So she went sailing instead, with David and Fi and another chap.

[color:6111=000000][color:6111=000000]She says that the children had a tennis lesson on the Wed morning, which her and Kate and probably Rachael watched  before going sailing.
[color:6111=000000][color:6111=000000][color:6111=000000]The[color:6111=000000]n on the Wed[color:6111=000000]nesday lunchtime - she recalls  [color:6111=000000]they had lunch with David and Fiona.[color:6111=000000] She cant remember what happened in the[color:6111=000000] afternoon.

[color:6111=000000]So I wonder if Matt and Kate actually went running. [color:6111=000000]Or it was just made up and if so, why?

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 11.02.15 11:43

@HelenMeg wrote:I'm quite interested in the relationship between Matt Oldfield and Kate. 

He starts out by saying that he and Rachel were not close to Mc Canns - only met them previously at Dave and Fiona's wedding in 2003 - but had not grown close to them or seen them much if at all since.

He says that he only remembers the activities on Wednesday of the week in PdL as it was raining. Rachel was ill and stuck pottering about in the apartment on Wed. He remembers he went running with Kate at lunch time - a run of between 6 - 8 miles. He says, when asked if he likes running 'No, I dont like it " then about turns to say he does like it when on holiday in the heat. 

He doesnt have any recollection   of how it was arranged that they went running:

Reply "Yeah, erm, it may have been that, because I think Kate might have run most days, because she was quite a keen runner, and it may just be that either I thought I'd go for a run and she was already changed, or I was changed and, or Gerry might have said that, erm, I'm speculating, it may just have been coincidence that we both got into running gear and then decided to run together".

Do I believe he went running with her on that day? No. Did anyone witness them running together? I dont know. But why would he make this up. Where was Gerry at lunchtime Wed? Was he taking care of kids? Isnt this when he went missing.

I have still to investigate further but this run intrigues me. As does the photo of when Matt has his arms around Kate from behind.  Much too familiar for someone who doesnt know them very well. I know we have discussed a lot of this before, but the alleged 'run' interests me - it has to eb covering for something else. 

If you don't like running, there is no way on earth you would ever go for a 6 to 8 mile run!

I used to do half-marathons and shorter road races back in the day. I used to absolutely love running. A 6 to 8 mile training run was always hard but enjoyable - once I finished.

These people are so full of bullshit. Just about everything they've said in interviews and rogatory interviews is so full of lies and deceit.

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 11.02.15 11:48

@HelenMeg wrote:I'm quite interested in the relationship between Matt Oldfield and Kate. 

I've never seen the picture of matt with his arms around Kate, can someone post it up please. Thanks

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 11.02.15 11:50

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 11.02.15 11:53

laughat Thanks for such a quick response

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.02.15 12:25

"pssst, make SURE the cameras are on us, Matt"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames on 11.02.15 13:39

Welcome back HelenMeg.

From the Leicester interviews and the ones you've posted, it seems to me that Matthew distances himself from time they spent together:

4078    “What I’m going to do is go through your responses and if there’s anything that I say that you don’t agree with then speak up. We’ve covered how long you knew Kate and Gerry, you said you’d never visited their home address, you’ve not been on holiday with them before and on the holiday that you did go on with them you met them sort of during the evenings, err sort of late afternoon and in the evenings.”
Reply    “Yeah, there’d been a couple of lunch times. I suppose the only caviat after that is the wedding, that wasn’t really, oh there was a holiday, it wasn’t really a, there was kind of a, the only time…”
4078    “I suppose yeah because it was in Italy wasn’t it.”
Reply    “So it was technically more than just a, you know.”
4078    “Mm, and you went for your run with Kate on the Wednesday or so.”
Reply    “Yeah.”

However Rachael has them seeing each other every morning, sitting by the pool, playing tennis together etc.

1578    “How often did you used to meet Gerry and Kate during the holidays from the twenty eighth of April to the third of May”?
Reply    “We saw them every day, erm, I mean Sean and Amelie were in the same crèche as Grace, so we saw them in the mornings, you know either being dropped off or collected at midday, erm and then you know we’d either sit by the pool together, or we’d play tennis together, Matt and I and Gerry and Kate, one of the days, I don’t, maybe the Tuesday, erm”.
1578    “That was Monday and Tuesday”?
Reply    “Well may, maybe the Tuesday, I’m not sure which, it was Monday or Tuesday I think, I think it was fairly early the beginning of the week, erm Matt and Kate went running one afternoon, erm I mean we saw them every day and obviously at dinner every night as well, erm well tea, when the children had tea everyday at quarter to five at the bit by the Tapas Bar, erm you know they were there with their children, erm so we saw them everyday you know, a few times a day really”.
1578    “How often did you used to see their children, Madeleine, Sean and Amelie”?
Reply    “Erm well we saw all the children everyday as well, Sean and Amelie we saw more than Madeleine because they were in crèche with Grace, erm and Madeleine was in crèche and it was kind of off, off site, it was at the main reception of the Ocean Club, erm and, and then we’d, we’d always see them at tea time, we’d all have tea together and then after tea we always just went to the sort of recreation area by the tennis courts and the kids would play on the swings and the slides and you know, you’d just sort of chase them around and play games and stuff, so I mean everyday”.

rustyjames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 11.02.15 16:00

I seem to recall that Kate and Matt gave two rather different accounts of their run. In Matt's rogatory he jokes about his baywatch moment running across the sand and in Kate's book she talks about her pink trainers and being attacked by dogs. No mention of dogs in Matt's account of the run though - you would think such an incident would have stuck in his mind.

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 11.02.15 16:06

@Rufus T wrote:I seem to recall that Kate and Matt gave two rather different accounts of their run. In Matt's rogatory he jokes about his baywatch moment running across the sand and in Kate's book she talks about her pink trainers and being attacked by dogs. No mention of dogs in Matt's account of the run though - you would think such an incident would have stuck in his mind.
Hi Rusty, Rufus

I dont think they went on this run - it must have been to cover for something.
Or if they did go the run - it was for a special purpose

I must try and find the interview where Matt mentions the neame of a road - Cemetery Road or something...just checked that and he was referring to when he was searching on the night of 3rd May...so not relevant here. 

If you dont like running, and its a windy & rainy day - then you would not go on a 6 - 8 mile run at lunchtime when your partner is ill. Also
did Kate not have any child care duties at lunchtime on the Wednesday?
This has  to have been made up for a good reason...alibi perhaps

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 11.02.15 16:13

@HelenMeg wrote:
@Rufus T wrote:I seem to recall that Kate and Matt gave two rather different accounts of their run. In Matt's rogatory he jokes about his baywatch moment running across the sand and in Kate's book she talks about her pink trainers and being attacked by dogs. No mention of dogs in Matt's account of the run though - you would think such an incident would have stuck in his mind.
Hi Rusty, Rufus

I dont think they went on this run - it must have been to cover for something.
Or if they did go the run - it was for a special purpose

I must try and find the interview where Matt mentions the neame of a road - Cemetery Road or something...

If you dont like running, and its a windy & rainy day - then you would not go on a 6 - 8 mile run at lunchtime when your partner is ill. Also
did Kate not have any child care duties at lunchtime on the Wednesday?
This has  to have been made up for a good reason...alibi perhaps

If any of the Tapas mob walked into my house piss-wet through and told me it was raining outside, I'd go and check for myself.

Matt talking about his 'Baywatch moment.' Maybe he was fantasising about Kate looking like Pamela Anderson?

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 11.02.15 16:18

The Matt and Kate photo certainly, IMO, implies a certain level of intimacy has been reached between them.  I think a male adult would not ordinarily put both arms out onto a womans shoulders from behind
without feeling quite comfortable with her. He is trying to comfort and support her but this photo shows that he cares for her - more than just casual friends anyway. They look like they could be a couple here, although of course they are not.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames on 11.02.15 21:01

I'm curious about the distance ....

Reply "Erm, I remember I went running with Kate at lunchtime, she's quite a good runner, and we went out on the road all the way up to the main junc... erm, the sort of main road where you access Praia da Luz from and then back".

4078 "What sort of distance would that be?"

Reply "Erm, yeah, I think it'd be about three or four miles, maybe each way".

Looking on Google maps the only road I would describe as a "main road where you access Praia da Luz from" would be the N125.

Taking the smaller distance - 3 miles - from The Ocean Club would take you "out on the road" to the outskirts of Lagos to join the N125.

Taking the shorter and direct route to the N125 is under 0.9 miles.

Both of course are the opposite way to the beach but I don't think that was a description of the actual run, more attempting to explain why he likes running when on holiday and at no other time.

rustyjames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 11.02.15 21:34

Yes - I agree that the beach reference was just describing his Baywatch fantasy of running on the beach.  But from what you say, his distances are totally out - he just took a wild guess with no real idea.

When he suddenly stops mid word -all the way up to the main junc... erm,

It seems he suddenly shuts himself up and does not wish to say junction in case it gives something away..if they did actually go running then it was to find something out... I still cant understand how Kate had free reign to go running on Wed lunchtime -she should have been on kid duty

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum