The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Mm11

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Mm11

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Regist10

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Empty Re: BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence

Post by Liz Eagles 30.01.15 13:07

Quiet, refined, steadfast, diligent, persistent, humane, help to a fellow in trouble, consistently being there for someone in trouble, persistence in never letting it go.

Mr. Bennett, I salute you.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Empty Congratulations Tony

Post by Copodenieve 30.01.15 13:48

Fantastic news Tony! Congratulations.
Copodenieve
Copodenieve

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Empty Re: BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence

Post by sallypelt 30.01.15 19:18

I've just logged in for the first time, today, and saw this FANTASTIC news. Tony, you are a credit to truth and justice, and despite all the knocks you have had to endure over the last decade, you never gave up.

I, too, would like to extend my best wishes to Mr and Mrs Balkwell, and I hope they find the answer to how their precious son lost his life.

As for you, Tony, roses roses roses roses roses roses roses roses roses roses roses roses  here are a dozen virtual roses, but if you decide to have another pint of mother's ruin tonight, have one on me, too bravo
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by biggles 30.01.15 19:48

Wow. I wasn't aware of this case at all.. simply amazing, and amazing also for your efforts Mr Bennett
biggles

Activity : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 30.01.15 21:06

What a long and heartbreaking journey this must have been for the Balkwells. Tony you have been amazingly courageous and tenacious. I applaud you.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 30.01.15 21:25

Tony Bennett wrote:
plebgate wrote:Logged in quickly to say BRILLIANT Tony.  BRILLIANT.  .
Yes, thanks, I admit I took to drink yesterday (pint of cider, nothing stronger) to steady my nerves.

Actually, I had the letters from the CICA on my office floor unopened for two days before even opening them.

Les and I have had so many knock-backs over the last 12 years. I was so fearful that the letters would say: 'Your appeal has been unsuccessful'.

I really could not believe that we had jumped over this hurdle.

Especially after I put this sentence in the letter:

"It became clear to Mr Balkwell during 2003 that the reason for this was collusion between the Bromleys and the police and that serious senior level police corruption was involved".  

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Dscn0310

Now on to the next hurdle!
thumbsup Best wishes Tony, you more than deserved that pint.  

An incredible achievement indeed.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.02.15 9:37

Mr Balkwell has asked me to place this personal statement on the forum:

"The £12,000 compensation is a statutory award limited only to the standard payment made to parents whose child has been killed as a result of a violent crime. It goes nowhere near re-imbursing me for the tens of thousands of pounds I have spent on legal and court fees and other expenses involved in the search for the truth about my son Lee's death.

"This has never been about money. The only purpose of ever making this claim was to try to obtain a verdict by one honest offical in this country that my son died as a result of a violent crime. After 4,579 days of trying, I have succeeded at last. 

Likewise the civil claim against Essex Police under the Human Rights Act , limited to £50,000, for the inadequate and corrupt investigation into my son's death, will also not cover all my costs to date in fighting for justice for Lee.

But if that claim is successful, it will be used by me and my family to carry on my struggle to find out the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about how my son died, to ensure that the perpetrators of this crime are punished for their actions, and to put in the dock every corrupt police officer and CPS lawyer who has participated in this 12-year long cover-up".

- Leslie W Balkwell, 3 February 2015     

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11764738.__12k_compensation_for_mixer_death_case/

£12k compensation for mixer death case

BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 Balkwe11
    Les Balkwell

First published Monday 2 February 2015 in News by Jon Austin

THE parents of a man found dead under a cement mixer drum more than 12 years ago have been awarded £12,000.

Lee Balkwell, 33, was found dead under the chassis and drum of the mixer at Baldwins Farm, in Dennises Lane, South Ockendon, on July 18 2002 at 1am.

His employer, Simon Bromley, 45, of Baldwins Farm, was convicted of failing to ensure Mr Balkwell’s health and safety at Chelmsford Crown Court last year and is awaiting sentence.

The prosecution said Mr Balkwell had become trapped by the drum when it turned on unexpectedly after Bromley turned on the engine, but the jury cleared Bromley of manslaughter by gross negligence.

Dad Les Balkwell was yesterday awarded the £12,000 by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority – a Government scheme that compensates people who have been injured because they were the blameless victim of a violent crime.

The Balkwells’ first claim to the authority was rejected on the grounds it fell outside the remit of the scheme.

However, Les Balkwell, 68, appealed and received the compensation news yesterday.

A letter to him from the authority said the inquest in 2008 had returned a verdict of unlawful killing by gross negligence manslaughter.

Writing in the letter, Carol Irvine said: “The offender was charged with this offence and, although he was not convicted, I believe an award should be made. Having considered all the evidence, I am prepared to accept this application, on the balance of probabilities, falls within the scope of the scheme and I am prepared to make a full award.”

The authority can reach a verdict on the balance of probabilities, which is a lower threshold of proof than the “beyond reasonable doubt”.

++++++++++++++++++++

ETA:

New press report out today:

Investigation into death of Lee Balkwell to go no further - says Essex's Police and Crime Commissioner
BREAKTHROUGH for LES BALKWELL as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority recognises that Lee Balkwell probably died from a crime of violence - Page 1 2237346
Lee Balkwell

POLICE and Crime Commissioner Nick Alston does not believe the “accidental” death of a man wedged under a cement mixer 12 years ago needs reinvestigating.

Mr Alston spoke after the parents of Lee Balkwell, 33, were paid £12,000 by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority after appealing an earlier refusal that the death did not meet the criteria.

Payouts by the authority are usually only to victims of violent crimes.

Mr Alston said: “I have enormous sympathy for Les Balkwell and for members of Lee’s family and his friends.

“The unimaginable feelings of loss they must have endured were without doubt made worse by Essex Police failings in the original investigation of the terrible circumstances of the incident.

“I am pleased, recently, a case did come to court and I do not believe a further investigation is likely to reach a different outcome.”

Mr Balkwell died at Baldwins Farm, Dennises Lane, South Ockendon, at 1am on July 18, 2002.

His boss, Simon Bromley, 45, was cleared of manslaughter by gross negligence, but convicted of failing to ensure his employee’s health and safety in a trial at Chelmsford Crown Court last October.

COMMENT: No way on this earth is Les Balkwell going to acept this abject statement from the Essex Police and Crime Commissioner who clearly is in bed with and snuggling up to the corrupt senior officers in this case - he knows NOTHING about the case and has refused to meet Les Balkwell!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.02.15 10:30

Good news at long last! 
Congrats to the Balkwell family.
And to you too, Tony!

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top