The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by aquila on 14.10.16 19:21

@G-Unit wrote:I wonder if all concerned in this mess will now be allowed to get on with their lives? Two people behaved badly that night and both paid too high a price in my opinion.
Two people? There was me thinking it was more than one woman and one man but two men and one woman who was drunk.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ched Evans

Post by G-Unit on 14.10.16 20:03

@aquila wrote:
@G-Unit wrote:I wonder if all concerned in this mess will now be allowed to get on with their lives? Two people behaved badly that night and both paid too high a price in my opinion.
Two people? There was me thinking it was more than one woman and one man but two men and one woman who was drunk.
Only two paid the price.

G-Unit

Posts : 312
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by aquila on 14.10.16 20:10

@G-Unit wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@G-Unit wrote:I wonder if all concerned in this mess will now be allowed to get on with their lives? Two people behaved badly that night and both paid too high a price in my opinion.
Two people? There was me thinking it was more than one woman and one man but two men and one woman who was drunk.
Only two paid the price.
Really? you think that two people paid the price?

Wow, our views are so very different.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by Nina on 14.10.16 20:30

@aquila wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@biggles wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/14/footballer-ched-evans-cleared-of-in-retrial

Ched Evans: footballer cleared of rape in retrial
Welsh international’s conviction quashed after judges let complainant’s former partners give evidence about her sex life
I guess this most unedifying case, and its (IMO) correct legal outcome, will serve as a permanent reminder to:

women not to get too drunk

and

men not to take advantage of drunk women
I hope his fiance wakes up and smells the coffee or at least her best friend and her family tell her to walk away and not look back.
Agree 100% aquila. What a horror. Inclination and opportunity and just couldn't help himself. However, he is a good earner, and for some woman that is the most important part of any relationship.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by G-Unit on 15.10.16 11:31

@aquila wrote:
@G-Unit wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@G-Unit wrote:I wonder if all concerned in this mess will now be allowed to get on with their lives? Two people behaved badly that night and both paid too high a price in my opinion.
Two people? There was me thinking it was more than one woman and one man but two men and one woman who was drunk.
Only two paid the price.
Really? you think that two people paid the price?

Wow, our views are so very different.
They are indeed. The law on rape used to be weighted in favour of men. It has now gone too far the other way in my opinion. 

Absolving women from any responsibility for their own actions because they're drunk makes no sense to me. All of a sudden they're incapable of making and communicating their own decisions? 

If the same drunken woman said 'Yes' to attending and participating in an orgy would every man there be committing rape?

G-Unit

Posts : 312
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re;Ched Evans

Post by willowthewisp on 15.10.16 14:33

Hi G-unit,Note your avatar,do you listen or follow associate to definitions of words in his fifty cents songs?
So Mr Evans has been found"Not Guilty of Rape"of a Nineteen Year old Woman,for which he had served a term of imprisonment and then released on Licence,back into the Community.
As had been stated in Earlier posts,this was not a straight forward case of Rape,but came down to the"Consensual Act"with (Mr Clayton) not Mr Evan's of sexual activity between Three person's,Two Men and one Woman,who was in a state of intoxication!  
Let it also be Noted that Mr Evan's associates were filming the event through the window on small electronic devices,so who pre-planned the filming of the other parties to be in a specific place at at specific time?
now we have,"Character assassination of the Accuser"being allowed in this case,which was denied under a prior Court of Law act 1999,that was deemed as"unfair"to attack the persons past actions to an event which may or may not(Consent) have happened with the Witnesses's prior to the Rape claim,Still Two Men Against one Woman Scenario?
What cannot be discounted in "Ched Evan's"Rape,Guilty Not Guilty case,is the fact that a rather large amount of money was offered to any person's who had"Evidence"to assist his New Defence Case Appeal!?  At this present moment no funds are believed to have been exchanged between the Defendant and the "New Witness Evidence"that has now concluded in Ched Evans of Not Guilty to have committed Rape.
Now it would be Interesting as to"Follow the Money"if the Witnesses come forward to collect their Reward after the Trails conclusion!
I am interested to know as part of this case,that when the Defendants Counsel brought up the accusers past sex life,why her defence Counsel(Accusers) not Allude to the"Occupants filming" the event that did,did not happen and had Ched also taken part in any Menage a trois relationship with both of the other parties? Sauce for the Goose,Sauce for the Gander?
Not discounting Mr Evan's close family taking"Interest of the case"to innocuous Twitter,Facebook,assassination of the Accuser,who has had to have a New Identity on Three occasions!?
All that's left now for his legal Team PR Team is to have the Legal Licence Revoked and Ched can resort to the"Beautiful Game" once again,safe in the knowledge of regaining his place in an England/Wales Shirt,oh and by the way Chesterfield,hope you get a good percentage of any future Contract Deals?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1360
Reputation : 516
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ched Evans

Post by G-Unit on 15.10.16 19:42

@willowthewisp wrote:Hi G-unit,Note your avatar,do you listen or follow associate to definitions of words in his fifty cents songs?
So Mr Evans has been found"Not Guilty of Rape"of a Nineteen Year old Woman,for which he had served a term of imprisonment and then released on Licence,back into the Community.
As had been stated in Earlier posts,this was not a straight forward case of Rape,but came down to the"Consensual Act"with (Mr Clayton) not Mr Evan's of sexual activity between Three person's,Two Men and one Woman,who was in a state of intoxication!  
Let it also be Noted that Mr Evan's associates were filming the event through the window on small electronic devices,so who pre-planned the filming of the other parties to be in a specific place at at specific time?
now we have,"Character assassination of the Accuser"being allowed in this case,which was denied under a prior Court of Law act 1999,that was deemed as"unfair"to attack the persons past actions to an event which may or may not(Consent) have happened with the Witnesses's prior to the Rape claim,Still Two Men Against one Woman Scenario?
What cannot be discounted in "Ched Evan's"Rape,Guilty Not Guilty case,is the fact that a rather large amount of money was offered to any person's who had"Evidence"to assist his New Defence Case Appeal!?  At this present moment no funds are believed to have been exchanged between the Defendant and the "New Witness Evidence"that has now concluded in Ched Evans of Not Guilty to have committed Rape.
Now it would be Interesting as to"Follow the Money"if the Witnesses come forward to collect their Reward after the Trails conclusion!
I am interested to know as part of this case,that when the Defendants Counsel brought up the accusers past sex life,why her defence Counsel(Accusers) not Allude to the"Occupants filming" the event that did,did not happen and had Ched also taken part in any Menage a trois relationship with both of the other parties? Sauce for the Goose,Sauce for the Gander?
Not discounting Mr Evan's close family taking"Interest of the case"to innocuous Twitter,Facebook,assassination of the Accuser,who has had to have a New Identity on Three occasions!?
All that's left now for his legal Team PR Team is to have the Legal Licence Revoked and Ched can resort to the"Beautiful Game" once again,safe in the knowledge of regaining his place in an England/Wales Shirt,oh and by the way Chesterfield,hope you get a good percentage of any future Contract Deals?
My user name is a play on words because I'm a grandparent. Grandchild joke!

I am not a supporter of Evans, he and his friends behaved very badly. They treated a vulnerable woman without any respect and took advantage of her. I do feel that the law on rape has moved into some very grey areas though. 

I actually find it quite insulting to women to say that a drunken woman is automatically incapable of making and communicating a decision. Drunks often make bad decisions, but I can't think of any other situation where they can use their drunkenness to resolve themselves of being responsible.

G-Unit

Posts : 312
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by aquila on 15.10.16 19:53

@G-Unit wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:Hi G-unit,Note your avatar,do you listen or follow associate to definitions of words in his fifty cents songs?
So Mr Evans has been found"Not Guilty of Rape"of a Nineteen Year old Woman,for which he had served a term of imprisonment and then released on Licence,back into the Community.
As had been stated in Earlier posts,this was not a straight forward case of Rape,but came down to the"Consensual Act"with (Mr Clayton) not Mr Evan's of sexual activity between Three person's,Two Men and one Woman,who was in a state of intoxication!  
Let it also be Noted that Mr Evan's associates were filming the event through the window on small electronic devices,so who pre-planned the filming of the other parties to be in a specific place at at specific time?
now we have,"Character assassination of the Accuser"being allowed in this case,which was denied under a prior Court of Law act 1999,that was deemed as"unfair"to attack the persons past actions to an event which may or may not(Consent) have happened with the Witnesses's prior to the Rape claim,Still Two Men Against one Woman Scenario?
What cannot be discounted in "Ched Evan's"Rape,Guilty Not Guilty case,is the fact that a rather large amount of money was offered to any person's who had"Evidence"to assist his New Defence Case Appeal!?  At this present moment no funds are believed to have been exchanged between the Defendant and the "New Witness Evidence"that has now concluded in Ched Evans of Not Guilty to have committed Rape.
Now it would be Interesting as to"Follow the Money"if the Witnesses come forward to collect their Reward after the Trails conclusion!
I am interested to know as part of this case,that when the Defendants Counsel brought up the accusers past sex life,why her defence Counsel(Accusers) not Allude to the"Occupants filming" the event that did,did not happen and had Ched also taken part in any Menage a trois relationship with both of the other parties? Sauce for the Goose,Sauce for the Gander?
Not discounting Mr Evan's close family taking"Interest of the case"to innocuous Twitter,Facebook,assassination of the Accuser,who has had to have a New Identity on Three occasions!?
All that's left now for his legal Team PR Team is to have the Legal Licence Revoked and Ched can resort to the"Beautiful Game" once again,safe in the knowledge of regaining his place in an England/Wales Shirt,oh and by the way Chesterfield,hope you get a good percentage of any future Contract Deals?
My user name is a play on words because I'm a grandparent. Grandchild joke!

I am not a supporter of Evans, he and his friends behaved very badly. They treated a vulnerable woman without any respect and took advantage of her. I do feel that the law on rape has moved into some very grey areas though. 

I actually find it quite insulting to women to say that a drunken woman is automatically incapable of making and communicating a decision. Drunks often make bad decisions, but I can't think of any other situation where they can use their drunkenness to resolve themselves of being responsible.
Well you might like to tell your grandchildren that picking up a drunken women, having sex with her in a cheap hotel (by footballer's standards), joining in with your mate and having your brother and his friend film it on their mobile phones through a window is tantamount to rape.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ched Evans

Post by G-Unit on 15.10.16 20:48

I will ignore the attempt to make the discussion personal as it has nothing to do with my relatives, their attitudes or behaviour. 

Some people may see Evan's behaviour as 'tantamount to' rape but he has been found not guilty. 

If the case has highlighted anything it's the difficulties associated with defining rape and defining consent.

G-Unit

Posts : 312
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by Tony Bennett on 16.10.16 0:16

@G-Unit wrote:I will ignore the attempt to make the discussion personal as it has nothing to do with my relatives, their attitudes or behaviour. 

Some people may see Evan's behaviour as 'tantamount to' rape but he has been found not guilty. 

If the case has highlighted anything it's the difficulties associated with defining rape and defining consent.

I don't know what the current statutory definition of rape is under our current criminal law, but it has certainly changed over time in recent decades.

I checked just now at random for dictionary definitions of rape and came up with these five. All use the word 'force', but one says that rape can occur 'with or without force':  

unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent


unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.


The crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.


a. The crime of using force or the threat of force to compel a person to submit to sexual intercourse.
b. The crime of using force or threat of force to compel a person to submit to some other sexual penetration.
c. Other unlawful sexual intercourse or penetration, as with an unconscious person or person below the age of or incapable of consent.
 

To use force or threat of force to compel (another person) to submit to sexual intercourse or other sexual penetration.

================

The acquittal of Ched Evans was decided by a jury. It remains good law in England that, as per the William Penn case in the eighteenth century, a jury can find a defendant 'Not Guilty' even if they know that, according to the law of the land, they are guilty. They are allowed to do this if they consider the law to be bad or unsound or unjust in some way



ETA      Welcome back G-Unit, your contributions have been very much missed here - and it's not gone unnoticed how in another place you have valiantly strived for the truth under very difficult circumstances 

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ched Evans

Post by G-Unit on 16.10.16 16:41

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@G-Unit wrote:I will ignore the attempt to make the discussion personal as it has nothing to do with my relatives, their attitudes or behaviour. 

Some people may see Evan's behaviour as 'tantamount to' rape but he has been found not guilty. 

If the case has highlighted anything it's the difficulties associated with defining rape and defining consent.

I don't know what the current statutory definition of rape is under our current criminal law, but it has certainly changed over time in recent decades.

I checked just now at random for dictionary definitions of rape and came up with these five. All use the word 'force', but one says that rape can occur 'with or without force':  

unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent


unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.


The crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.


a. The crime of using force or the threat of force to compel a person to submit to sexual intercourse.
b. The crime of using force or threat of force to compel a person to submit to some other sexual penetration.
c. Other unlawful sexual intercourse or penetration, as with an unconscious person or person below the age of or incapable of consent.
 

To use force or threat of force to compel (another person) to submit to sexual intercourse or other sexual penetration.

================

The acquittal of Ched Evans was decided by a jury. It remains good law in England that, as per the William Penn case in the eighteenth century, a jury can find a defendant 'Not Guilty' even if they know that, according to the law of the land, they are guilty. They are allowed to do this if they consider the law to be bad or unsound or unjust in some way



ETA      Welcome back G-Unit, your contributions have been very much missed here - and it's not gone unnoticed how in another place you have valiantly strived for the truth under very difficult circumstances 
Thanks Tony. I do read regularly, but as you say I have been quite busy elsewhere. 

As I started the Ched Evans thread many moons ago I thought I'd return given the latest developments. As I understood it drunkenness is seen as making people incapable of consenting. I see that as questionable because everyone has a different tolerance of alcohol. Alcoholics can function apparently normally with blood alcohol levels which would render others incapable of walking, for example.

G-Unit

Posts : 312
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New,Ched Evan's case

Post by willowthewisp on 17.10.16 13:57

Hi G-Unit,alcohol has been a major factor in"Ched Evan's,Guilty,Not guilty" Rape case.
We know"Alcohol" lowers or leads to a"Loosened"tolerance of behaviour and has a different impact on individuals,Males,Females?
If a Male adult consumes too much Alcohol it effects the sexual functions,but alas Pharmaceutical practices have evolved to assist a certain disfunction in Male arousal capability.
The only known case of a Rape charge of a Female to a Male,was a female from America with a Surname of Kinsey,as it was thought at the time that,A Male victim could not sustain"Arousal"long enough to have the Act Consumed upon them?
In this case,we do not know if Mr Clayton and Mr Evan's had any products administered to their body to enhance a certain Act,but we know that the Female had consented to go with Mr Clynton to the hotel Room,Mr Evan's had obtained a Key to enter into Mr Clyntons Room,not the accuser?
Ask your self a question of"Premeditation"in that certain individuals known to Mr Clayton and Mr Evan's,only stumbled across a certain act being committed outside a particular room at a certain time,at which point they unknowingly obtained footage of the ensuing act being ensummed as a coincidence?
Have the relevant authorities had the"New Evidence Witnesses"knowledge of them knowing the Defendant in this case,prior to any Charges of Rape or after the date of the Sexual Act,that did or did not happen?
It is well known for"Alliances"to have been produced in past "Criminal Trails"leading to"Perverting The Course of Justice",which is a very Serious charge with a long Prison Sentence if proved Guilty!

willowthewisp

Posts : 1360
Reputation : 516
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by aquila on 17.10.16 14:10

I agree that this case has put the justice system back by 50 years as has been reported in the Press.

Four men, FOUR men were involved and ONE woman who was drunk.

ONE man allegedly sent a text message to say he'd pulled, the other (Ched Evans) turned up and 'hopped on board' for want of a better phrase.

TWO men allegedly filmed through the hotel bedroom window. I wonder how they knew?

ONE woman who apparently didn't accuse Jed Evans of rape has had to change her identity many times. This ONE woman was hounded online and due to the wealth of her 'transgressor' has been subjected to a second trial and having her past sexual life disclosed. It was the CPS who brought this case to trial based on police evidence.

Just take as an extreme example that a prostitute was raped. Does that mean it's not rape because she wasn't a paragon of virtue?

If this is how women are treated in a rape trial by wealthy people who can afford to run campaigns to besmirch them, offer massive rewards and have a criminal trial re-run then it's a complete triumph.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ched Evan's case.

Post by willowthewisp on 17.10.16 16:10

Hi aquila,had a read of the Guardian report on the trail,so even at the"First appeal"hearing it was being"Fed Doubtful" credible Evidence of the"New Witness Evidence"which the Accuser had not stated Rape Allegations to the Police,but on advice from friends chose to disclose what recollections of the previous night may have concluded to Police Officers! 
Surely the Police must have looked at the(Collective Evidence)Premeditation aspect of who was where and the coming and going of the dubious characters wishing to become special film Editors,filming the live events?
The CPS have been informed as what actions need to be now taken as to why a "New Precedent" has been found for Defendants Solicitors to utilise in future"Rape Charges",well done to the New Judge of this trail in regard to the 1999 Court Act?
Take a big long Bow Ched Evan's Legal PR Team you have earned your"Thirty pieces"do not forget make yourselves available to defend numerous future clients regardless of their financial arrangements,don't suppose you do "Legal Aid"cases by the way,or only the affluent clientele?
PS,to Cheds legal PR Team, "Woman are equals too"remember that when you look at your Wives and Daughters,proud of your selves?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1360
Reputation : 516
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by plebgate on 17.10.16 21:43

Good post Willowthewisp.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by worriedmum on 18.10.16 17:37

There are so many issues in this.

I think what Ched Evans took part in was deplorable and shameful.  The difficulty is though, that the female concerned was not able to recall much of what happened and as I understand it did not report rape but a missing handbag? Other people's sexual mores are usually private but if  the sexual proclivities of the defendant OR the accuser are relevant, the surely there is merit legally speaking in their being examined? It should not mean that the accuser loses anonymity. The truth is the truth.

The aspect of this case that has really disturbed me though is the bandwagon of hate aimed at Ched Evans after his release from prison. If a person is found guilty  and is shamed and imprisoned, that is how society exacts justice. I felt he was hounded mercilessly by the media and celebs, trying to prevent him from playing football ever again. I wonder if they will now apologise?

worriedmum

Posts : 1632
Reputation : 251
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by BlueBag on 18.10.16 18:06

@worriedmum wrote:The difficulty is though, that the female concerned was not able to recall much of what happened and as I understand it did not report rape but a missing handbag?
The difficultly here is the feminist maxim that "all men are rapists" and rape victims always tell the truth.

Any other scenarios are too complex to consider.

Apparently.

BlueBag

Posts : 3434
Reputation : 1275
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by BlueBag on 18.10.16 18:10

@BlueBag wrote:

The difficultly here is the feminist maxim that "all men are rapists" and rape victims always tell the truth.
Sorry... more... especially if your name is Trump but definitely not if your name is Clinton.

Our media live in bizarro land.

BlueBag

Posts : 3434
Reputation : 1275
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by G-Unit on 18.10.16 20:51

What this case demonstrates is that seeing things as black or white is a simplistic way to view the real world. Sometimes it's perfectly clear that a woman has been raped but a lot of the time it isn't. Sometimes it's perfectly clear that a woman hasn't consented to sex, but a lot of the time it isn't.

G-Unit

Posts : 312
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by plebgate on 19.10.16 13:24

What, if anything, is going to come of the people who were summoned and the person who summoned them  to film the goings on?

Did they have her permission to film it?

I think it was wrong for the woman's past sexual activity to be brought into the court room as it had no bearing (imo) on whether she consented or not on this occasion.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A leading female journalist, Alison Pearson, criticises the CPS and women's rights groups

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.10.16 13:42

Why the fallout from the Ched Evans verdict puts all our sons at risk

Allison Pearson
18 October 2016 • 6:37pm  

Generally speaking, if there has been a miscarriage of justice, the person who has unfairly been imprisoned will receive a lot of sympathy. This, to put it mildly, is not the case with Ched Evans, who was found not guilty of rape at his retrial on Friday.

So convinced was the jury that Evans had not had sex with a waitress without her consent that they took a little over two hours, barring sandwiches, to return their unanimous verdict. 

An online feminist lynch mob – and even Gloria Hunniford on ITV’s Loose Women – have chosen to ignore that decision, with possible libel actions to follow. They seem to think that “not guilty” doesn’t mean that Evans, who served two and a half years in jail, is off the hook, despite what the Court of Appeal says. Right. I mean, what would they know? 

By the way, only a tiny minority of cases (3 to 4 per cent) meets the standard for referral to that higher court. So, when the judges declared that Evans’s original conviction was unsafe and, most unusually, allowed the sexual history of his alleged victim to be taken into account, let’s just say the evidence was overwhelmingly in the former Wales striker’s favour. 

The lynch mob is having none of it. The legal system may have exonerated Evans, but he is still a disgusting slimeball who had a threesome in a hotel room with an inebriated 19-year-old and didn’t even ask her name. They definitely have a point. 

But if every drunken guy who treated drunken girls with callous disrespect on a Saturday night was guilty of rape, there would be more young men in jail than out of it. 

What we are desperately lacking is a sense of proportion. 

Blinded by righteous fury, the mob believes that women are, by definition, victims – thus, anyone who dares to question a woman’s testimony is “victim-blaming”: if the facts don’t fit the thesis that all accused men must be rapists, they simply ignore them. 

Former solicitor general Vera Baird, for instance, said she was worried that the verdict, and the use of previous sexual history, would deter women from reporting rape. Well, sorry, Vera, but the young woman in the Evans case never actually reported a rape.  

She told police that she had woken up naked and alone in a Premier Inn, and at that point it was suggested to her that she might have been raped.  

As it happens, I agree that the poor, damaged woman is a victim. A victim of a criminal justice system that is hellbent on increasing convictions for rape and doesn’t seem to be too fussy how it gets them. After Friday’s verdict, Ed Beltrami, speaking for the Crown Prosecution Service in Wales, said: “I would like to thank the complainant for her courage throughout this case, and the previous trial.” 

Weasel words which will be of little consolation to the traumatised young woman who is reportedly seeking a new life in Australia. The CPS knew full well that if there was a retrial, the complainant, who had already suffered appalling online abuse and had to change her identity, would have to sit through horrible and humiliating evidence about her conduct. Ched Evans’s team had no wish to put her through that, but they had little choice once the CPS decided to push ahead, allegedly to save face in a high-profile case. 

Let me be quite clear. I consider rape to be a heinous crime and rapists to be among the vilest mortals to walk the Earth. And that is why I find this trend to drag the merely sordid and morally reprehensible into the category of rape so alarming. It does women no service, and it puts all of our sons at risk of accusation, unless, that is, they embark on their sex lives as a teetotaller with a Consent App to get approval for every kiss and fumble. 

In such a pitchfork-waving climate, few organisation or individuals are brave enough to speak up for the falsely accused. 

While the lynch mob was baying for Ched Evans’s blood, eight members of a Pakistani sex-abuse gang were convicted on Monday of horrific, violent acts against teenage girls in Rotherham. Sageer Hussein told his 13-year-old victim: “All white girls are good for is sex and they are just slags.” Well, at least that’s clear. South Yorkshire Police failed over many years to bring the offenders to justice, losing forensic samples and, at one point, giving the shellshocked teenager £140 compensation. That sweet girl who had her childhood ripped from her is now 27 years old. 

Since the convictions, have we heard anything from Women Against Rape and other pressure groups about the “rape culture” endemic among Rotherham’s feudal misogynists? Any online petitions? Any word from prominent virtue-signallers indicting the disgusting mores of the minicab community? Good heavens, no. So much easier and more therapeutic to rant about one white footballer who behaved sleazily in a Premier Inn in Rhyl than to contemplate the vast, unspeakable threat from a priapic, patriarchal culture that treats white girls as easy meat. 

What we are desperately lacking is a sense of proportion. Alas, Jimmy Savile put paid to that. Since Savile’s epic wrongdoing came to light, the embarrassed authorities have treated any man with even the faintest whiff of sexual misdemeanour as a monstrous predator. If he’s a celebrity or a famous footballer, so much the better. That’s why dear old Cliff Richard found himself watching helplessly as the BBC broadcast a police raid on his home purely for the prurient thrill of it. Britain’s own Peter Pan looks like he has died a thousand deaths since then, and I hope he sues the pants off those who shamed, but never arrested, him for unfounded allegations. It was utterly outrageous behaviour that could only happen during a witch-hunt.I’m sorry to say that, in such a pitchfork-waving climate, few organisation or individuals are brave enough to speak up for the falsely accused even, as in Ched Evans's case, when they have been cleared. Is that why the witch-hunt seems to be paying dividends?  

On Thursday, it emerged that the number of rapes recorded by police has doubled in the past four years, but the percentage of allegations resulting in conviction has fallen.  

We should rejoice if more women are feeling confident enough to report rape in the knowledge they will be taken seriously. Equally, we should be deeply worried if women are being encouraged to help police meet rape targets by making dubious charges against men, who will subsequently be exonerated, but whose good name is forever branded with the vile stamp of “rapist”. 

Call me old-fashioned, but I will never believe that a woman who has to be told by police that she may have been raped is the victim of a rapist. That is to shamefully diminish the most hideous of crimes.  

Witch or no witch, the hunt goes on.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW 14.10.16 - CHED EVANS NOT GUILTY*** (was: CHED EVANS WINS APPEAL 21.4.16 RAPE CONVICTION QUASHED*** (was: Ched Evans case))

Post by plebgate on 19.10.16 14:08

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ched-evans-s-family-actively-considering-legal-action-against-itv-s-loose-women-a3372481.html


Reading this report  the threat of legal action seems to be about possible misinformation.

Where did Gloria get the info. from - reporting of the case in the media I suspect as I doubt she attended the court hearings?

Would Gloria be the right person to sue that being the case?

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Ched Evans Not Guilty Trail.

Post by willowthewisp on 19.10.16 14:47

Hi Tony,I have just read the article supplied by Alison Pearson on Rape charges and the seriousness of the Offence?
Ched Evan's name being vilified by MSM in comparison to the actions of other Ethnic races,eg Rotherham,Rochdale Communities, child sex abuse?
In the Above named case,what seems to be being overlooked is "Premeditation"wherebye,on the Evening that the Sexual Confrontation or Sex Act was consumed,the "Perpetrators"(Evan's and Clayton+cohorts) who carried out their wishes,(Peeping Toms,filming) had little regard or No feelings towards their Victim,eg if it wasn't this 19 Year Old, it could have been someone else's,daughter or Sister on that fateful evening,do not forget that fact,they had pre-planned an Event,all that was missing was a Female,was this not Brought to the Courts attention?
In regard to the CPS,1999 Court Act and the Judges allowing the past of the Victim(Accuser)revealed,why didn't the Judge decide a "Prid V Quo" outcome,would this not have shown the "Premeditation aspect"to Balance that decision,that the accuser must not have known what was planned.

willowthewisp

Posts : 1360
Reputation : 516
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ched Evans' Solicitor speaks about the case

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.10.16 16:30

The more I have learnt about this case, the more I realise that both the defendant, Ched Evans, and the victim. have been very cruelly treated by the Crown Prosecution Service. The female victim, after all, only went to police to report a missing handbag. Then she was told: "We might be able to make this into a rape case". 

The consequences of the CPS decision have been very serious:

1. Ched Evans spent 2.5 years in prison for an offence he did not commit

2. The personal and sexual history of the female victim was openly discussed, she was abused on social media, and she had to move house  

3. Ched Evans' career could not re-start ven after he came out of prison - when freed by the Court of Appeal - because of an intense media campaign which involved terrific abuse and threats of demonstrations against any football club that employed him 

4. A huge amount of public funds has been squandered on the case. The costs of the initial hearings in the Magistrates Court. The first Crown Court appeal. The successful appeal to the Criminal Cases Review Committee. The successful appeal to the Court of Appeal. The retrial that finished earlier this month. On top of that, Evans can now claim all or most of his legal costs from public funds.

And has it achieved anything apart from all those negative consequences. Not for women, it hasn't - if that was the intention to begin with.

This disaster - which it was - must have been authorised from the very top. By Alison Saunders, the DPP.

She was the one who famously refused a second inquest on the Hillsborough disaster, forcing all the distraught relatives to wait 23 more years for justice. And in 2013 she went for a few days to Portugal with her No. 2 lawyer - what exactly did that achieve?

Anyway, here is an interview with Ched Evans' Solicitor:

---------------------------------------- 

                      
Ched Evans’ solicitor speaks
19 October 2016  By Monidipa Fouzder
     
SHAUN DRAYCOTT                    
                    
                                                    

Who? Shaun Draycott, solicitor-advocate and director of Draycott Browne Ltd in Manchester.

Why is he in the news? Represented football player Ched Evans who was acquitted of raping a woman in a hotel room near Rhyl in North Wales in May 2011.

Evans had been convicted of rape at Caernarfon Crown Court in April 2012, which he unsuccessfully appealed in October 2012. Draycott was instructed in June 2014 in relation to an ultimately successful application to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC). Following a retrial, he was acquitted at Cardiff Crown Court on Friday.

Draycott said the legal team was able to identify fresh evidence – two witnesses who had had a sexual relationship with the complainant.

He said: ‘The overall circumstances of the sexual activity, as described by the two fresh evidence witnesses, were strikingly similar to those that had been described by Evans when he volunteered an account to the police in May 2011. The evidence provided by these witnesses formed the basis for the CCRC referral and led to the Court of Appeal quashing the conviction and ordering a retrial.’

Thoughts on the case: ‘It was a privilege to be involved in a case as deserving as this. I first met Evans in prison custody in 2014. At that time, the only option available to him was to lodge an application with the CCRC. The odds were weighted against him given that fewer than 5% of all applications result in cases being referred to the Court of Appeal.

‘I was very quickly convinced by Evans’ honesty; very quickly convinced that his case really did involve a wrongful conviction and I was happy to have been instructed. The case involved a series of legal challenges and my team and I were delighted by the not-guilty verdict delivered last Friday.

‘It is difficult to imagine spending any amount of time in custody. It follows that I feel a sense of sympathy for Evans who lost two-and-a-half years of his life for an offence that he did not commit. I think I can boldly say that.

‘There was a great deal of complexity, a massive degree of public interest and a huge level of responsibility.

‘It was by no means certain that the Court of Appeal would accept the evidence of the two fresh witnesses but section 41 of the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act is not an absolute prohibition on the introduction of evidence relevant to a rape complainant’s sexual history; it is not an impenetrable wall. It is, however, there for a good reason. No complainant in a rape case should be gratuitously challenged about her sexual past.

‘In this case, however, the fresh evidence was absolutely relevant to the issue of consent and offered extremely powerful support for the account that Mr Evans had given soon after the incident. We felt that the “high wall” that is section 41 could be scaled, but it was very much a matter for the court.

‘The court could have said, “we do not agree, the fresh evidence is not admissible”. Had that have been the case the appeal would have failed.’

Dealing with the media: ‘Evans benefitted from someone who controlled the media on his behalf, so I was not heavily troubled.

‘What the media have seized upon are those observations, from a number of groups and individuals, which have been well intentioned but not well informed. I have seen references to the criminal justice system having been put back by 30 years that a precedent has been set that will allow rape victims to be cross-examined in a manner consistent with the Evans case and that this will stop victims from stepping forward. There is absolutely no foundation for any of that.

‘The evidence and circumstances of the Evans case, as the Court of Appeal observed, were very unusual. The fresh evidence was so similar, in terms of its detail, to that Evans had given to police in May 2012 that it would have been quite wrong for a court not to have heard and accepted it.’

‘Unforgettable, for me, was the level of public interest associated with Evans’ inability to secure a contract to play football again – it was nothing like I had known before.

‘I spent many hours dealing with phone calls, messages and emails surrounding the link between the case and his inability to secure a football contract. The national interest associated with a convicted person, as he was at the time, not being able to secure a job, did not seem to have any limits at all.’

Why become a lawyer? ‘At 17 years of age, I stumbled into a job as a clerk at a then small but progressive firm called Jones Maidment Wilson. Keen to progress, I went to night school and graduated in law four years later. I was and remain passionate about criminal law and the representation of those who are in need.

Career high: ‘Happily there are many, but appearing before the Court of Appeal as a higher court advocate for the first time and walking away unscathed has a special place.’

Career low: ‘As a young advocate, brimming with pride, after securing bail for a woman accused of murdering her husband, I began my journey back to the office only to run out of petrol on the M62. Walking two miles down the hard shoulder is quite a way to be brought back down to earth.’

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum