The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The price of laughter in Paris

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The price of laughter in Paris

Post by Knitted on 08.01.15 12:21

@BlueBag wrote:Do we know who did it yet?

"Allahu Akbar" shouted by people in masks doesn't convince me yet.
Hear hear... Although I would put my money on it being religiously motivated as per the press narrative, I have to recognise that wearing balaclavas, shouting Muslim slogans and leaving behind an ID, although it certainly does suggest Muslim extremists, would also be what someone might do if they wanted to put the fear of God (or should that be Allah?) into the press and the public and direct the outrage towards the 'obvious' patsy of Muslim intolerance to Western freedoms.  

This site is dedicated to looking beneath the 7yr long mantra of an 'official story'. It's therefore (surely?) appropriate to keep thinking openly and critically until more evidence is available, (or until one of the suspects openly, not under duress, makes an admission)?

Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 13:47

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 14:31

@ultimaThule wrote:
The police officer shot at point blank range as he lay on the ground was a Muslim
VIVE LA FRANCE - VIVE CHARLIE HEBDO[/color]

The people executed, murdered, beheaded, tortured, raped, mutilated, by ISIS are also Muslims.
But they are the "Wrong sort"
Try sorting out this lot
Every one intent on the genocidal extermination of all the others.
Note to politicians everywhere  - - THERE IS NO MUSLIM COMMUNITY

WIKI
1 Sunni Islam
1.1 Schools of Sunni jurisprudence (at least 5)
1.2 Schools of theology (at least 6)
1.3 Movements (4)

2 Shia Islam
2.1 Twelver
2.2 Ismā'īlīsm
2.3 Zaidiyyah

3 Sufi Orders
3.1 Bektashi
3.2 Chishti
3.3 Kubrawiya
3.4 Mawlawiyya
3.5 Muridiyya
3.6 Naqshbandi
3.7 Nimatullahi
3.8 Nurbakshi
3.9 Oveyssi (Uwaiysi)
3.10 Qadiri
3.11 Senussi
3.12 Shadiliyya
3.13 Suhrawardiyya
3.14 Tijaniyya

4 Ahmadiyya Islam
4.1 Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
4.2 Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement

5 Kharijite Islam
5.1 Ibadi

6 Nondenominational Muslim

7 Other Sects
7.1 Quranism
7.2 Moorish Science
7.3 Nation of Islam
7.4 Mahdavism
7.5 Messiah Foundation International
7.6 Zikri
7.7 Five Percenter
7.8 Zahiliyyah

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 08.01.15 14:59

Seeing that list of Islamic sects, (& the minor sub-divisions extend the list much further, just as is the case with Christianity where the USA now officially recognises over 34,000 variations/sects of Christianity), how can the increasing number of Faith Schools in the UK be conducive to bridging the sorts of cultural divisions that lead to frictions, and ultimately distrust, hatred and violence?  

What is the argument against simply teaching our children how to reason for themselves what is good and what is bad?  Ghettoing young minds into a school of one particular faith is indistinguishable from indoctrination. There is no other word for it.  I fear our UK Faith School system will, over the next 20yrs, exacerbate the problems we are experiencing. There's no justifiable excuse for segregating young minds simply on the grounds of parental belief. None whatsoever.

Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 15:33

@Knitted wrote:

(n.b. It's a moot point as the ID is being reported as being found in the black car... However, my continued pedantry is about focussing on evidence and eliminating noise and misinformation (which this site is all about in relation to MBM) and it's bugging me that I can't find the clips you've seen showing the item (a shoe Wink ) falling from the car... the only ones I've seen are where it is already on the ground).

I saw it on the Le Monde website.  If I come across it again I'll post them up.
The gunman alighting from the right side of the stationary black car dropped it. It stayed in situ it on the floor until he turned back literally seconds later, spotted it then, picked it up and threw it back into the car.

I've no clue what it was. But it was predominantly light in colour, and does not look shoe shape to me.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 17:00

@Knitted wrote:Seeing that list of Islamic sects, (& the minor sub-divisions extend the list much further, just as is the case with Christianity where the USA now officially recognises over 34,000 variations/sects of Christianity), how can the increasing number of Faith Schools in the UK be conducive to bridging the sorts of cultural divisions that lead to frictions, and ultimately distrust, hatred and violence?  
Faith schools have nothing to do with bridging anything.
They are about ensuring that their narrow interpretation of their Faith is instilled in young minds as if it were the only possible interpretation.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 17:13

This article is as pertinent today, if not more so, than it was 5 years ago http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2010/02/23/comment-ban-faith-schools

"Britain's laissez faire approach to immigrations and multiculturalism may have seen French intelligence agents brand us 'Londonistan'. It may see areas branded Muslim, or Turkish, or Polish. It may see the emergence of cultural artefacts we find distasteful, like the burkha. But it reflects British freedom, and the ability this country gives you to live your own life, free from the interference or judgement of the state. It is also, despite the rabid anti-immigrant sensibilities of the tabloid press, a far more successful model than that practised in France, and a far more ethical model for governing a multicultural society.

Except for one thing: education. In education, we must respect and adopt the French example.

The British legal system knows how to treat children: as humans incapable of giving consent. So why doesn't the government? Allowing parents to force their children into faith schools is just really child abuse, as Richard Dawkins ably pointed out last year. It forbids them the freedom and space to develop their own thinking and decide if they wish to sign up to the varied mumbo jumbo religions espouse. Schools are where we create humans capable of deciding what they do with their freedom, not a factory for churning out new versions of ourselves, together with our prejudices and intellectual fallacies.

This is not an exemption from the traditional resistance to government interference. This is to personal freedom what Keynesianism is to capitalism. It is interference designed to expand freedom. Without intellectual autonomy how can we create adults who can manipulate, comprehend or value their freedom? Or to be more specific: when Balls takes the need to respect diversity away from the curriculum of faith schools, he takes away the freedom of vulnerable, young children to explore their desires without being crippled by the stigma and idiocy which faith will impose on them.

Unless we take a far tougher approach to faith schools, the next generation could emerge more religious, more divided, more irrational than voters are now. Children below the age of 18 should live like the French. Adults over 18 should live like the British. Before the age of consent, the secular state rules."

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 17:32

There was the classic languages question
"What is the French for "Grammar School" ?
"Answer "Lycée"
WRONG.
The only subject compulsory in a Grammar school is Religious Education
The only subject forbidden by law in a Lycée is . . .    Religious Education

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 20:02

Suspects last seen north east of Paris http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30721677

Heading for a safe haven in the UK or the Netherlands?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onehand on 08.01.15 20:03

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Knitted wrote:

(n.b. It's a moot point as the ID is being reported as being found in the black car... However, my continued pedantry is about focussing on evidence and eliminating noise and misinformation (which this site is all about in relation to MBM) and it's bugging me that I can't find the clips you've seen showing the item (a shoe Wink ) falling from the car... the only ones I've seen are where it is already on the ground).

I saw it on the Le Monde website.  If I come across it again I'll post them up.
The gunman alighting from the right side of the stationary black car dropped it. It stayed in situ it on the floor until he turned back literally seconds later, spotted it then, picked it up and threw it back into the car.

I've no clue what it was. But it was predominantly light in colour, and does not look shoe shape to me.

there is something on both sides of the car, on the passenger side, what is on the mainland to the right side it looks like a shoe, but there is also on the driver side indeed a small card like object on the ground.

the dutch national news has is in a video:
http://nos.nl/video/2012199-schokkende-beelden-van-de-aanslag-op-charlie-hebdo.html

please set your speakers low, because it starts up quite loudy with heavy shooting.

onehand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames on 08.01.15 20:18

Not sure it's at all important but definitely a trainer type shoe.

rustyjames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onehand on 08.01.15 20:32

yes, that is okay, but it is more about the small whitish object that is on the ground on the other side of the car. 

i'don't know how big a french id card is, the dutch id cards are just the size of an creditcard, this object looks a bit bigger. 
wikipedia gives an option for an computerized card of 10.5 x 7.4 cm. so much bigger.

onehand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 20:45

Thanks onehand.

French ID card is also size of credit card with photo id on it.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 20:53

@PeterMac wrote:There was the classic languages question
"What is the French for "Grammar School" ?
"Answer "Lycée"
WRONG.
The only subject compulsory in a Grammar school is Religious Education
The only subject forbidden by law in a Lycée is . . .    Religious Education

That's right, Religious study is not compulsory in Lycee, but philosophy study is compulsory. My daughter used to hate the philosophy course.  I cannot imagine what she would have done if religious study was compulsory as we're all atheists in the family.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 21:47

Good grief. Philosophy compulsory.  THINKING is compulsory !
Hardly surprising that Muslims in France are so against education.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

We must NEVER be silenced

Post by ultimaThule on 09.01.15 2:22

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30724863

Charlie Hebdo Attack: Magazine to publish next week

French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo will go to print next week, in defiance of Wednesday's apparent militant Islamist attack.

Ten journalists and two police were killed when masked attackers opened fire at its Paris headquarters.

Columnist Patrick Pelloux said the decision to continue to publish will show that "stupidity will not win".

It will have a print run of one million copies, compared with its usual 60,000 a week.

It will be half its usual length at eight pages long.

"It's very hard. We are all suffering, with grief, with fear, but we will do it anyway because stupidity will not win," Pelloux told the AFP news agency.

The attack happened during the magazine's daily editorial meeting when masked attackers opened fire with assault rifles before exchanging shots with police in the street outside and escaping by car.

It is believed to be the deadliest attack in France since 1961.

Magazine editor Stephane Charbonnier, 47, was among those killed, along with his police bodyguard.

Charbonnier, known as Chab to his friends, had received death threats in the past and was living under police protection.

The motive for Wednesday's massacre is not yet clear, however the satirical weekly has courted controversy in the past with its irreverent take on news and current affairs.

The latest tweet on Charlie Hebdo's account was a cartoon of the Islamic State militant group leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

The magazine's offices were burned in an apparent arson attack in November 2011, a day after it named the Prophet Mohammed as its guest editor for the week's issue.

VIVE CHARLIE HEBDO

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.01.15 9:16

No one has the right NOT to be offended

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.01.15 9:21

Live update on the search for the gunmen courtesy of the Barclays' organ:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11329976/Paris-Charlie-Hebdo-attack-live.html

It's to be hoped they're taken alive with no further loss of life or injury to police officers or innocent bystanders.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.01.15 9:42

From the above link:

• Suspects 'take hostage in industrial complex NE of Paris'
• Unconfirmed reports of 2 dead, 20 injured in shooting
• Negotiations under way with police; media blocked from area

Two out of four runways shut at Charles de Gaulle airport closed due to hostage taking

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 09.01.15 9:53

@PeterMac wrote:
No one has the right NOT to be offended

100% agree.

The truth often offends.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.01.15 9:59

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11329976/Paris-Charlie-Hebdo-attack-live.html

09.52 Latest from the Telegraph's Rory Mulholland, speaking over the phone from the police barrier around the hostage site:

"Press have been moved far away from the scene, to a hill on a roundabout a few kilometres away from the complex. We can't see anything due to the fog, which means visibility is about 300m. There are about 100 journalists standing here.

There's a frenzy of police activity, with dozens of vans arriving, sirens blazing, weaving among traffic on the busy N2 dual carriageway.

It's a very wet, rainy, windy day.

People inside the other buildings in the industrial complex have been told to stay inside, pull down shutters and stay away from windows.

09.50 We are now hearing the runways at Charles de Gaulle airport are all open, but that flight patterns have been adapted due to the hostage incident involving helicopters close by:"

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.01.15 10:52

10.11 Contact has been made with the gunmen brothers, who say they want to "die as martyrs", says Yves Albarello, MP of Seine-et-Marne

How predictable was that statement? Martyrs? nah They'll die as the ignorant scumbags they are; their names will be immediately forgotten and they'll be forever mocked as those two nutters who thought they could suppress freedom of speech with a gun.

Which one is saying to the other 'Another fine mess you've got me into, bro?' Whoever it is will doubtless have a few more words to say when they discover they had more chance of finding paradise in a French jail than in the afterlife.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.01.15 12:34

They are cowards using "martydom" as excuse for their action.

Will they kill themselves first before Police reach them, or will be come out guns blazing in Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid style and get killed in the cross firing with Police?

I will be surprised if they allow Police to catch them alive.  

The journalists are being incredibly stupid to defy Police instructions.  Events/news coverage round the clock at all costs even at the expense of Police safety.  How stupid is that?
They were instructed by Police to stay behind the cordons and told not to compromise their safety and safety of police. As in also not to report/televise the whereabout of the Police giving away their positions, and despite their words to Police to abide the instructions, they did the exact opposite. Sky news is covering the endgame stake out 'live' !  Police sniper on building top is shown.
 Did they not think the pair of gunmen could or would have cell phones on them and access to internet ?

Hope this pair are the only two casualties in this end game, and not one more than that.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.01.15 12:42

@aiyoyo wrote:
I will be surprised if they allow Police to catch them alive.  
I would be surprised if the Police want to. They have murdered three already.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming on 09.01.15 12:43

Now being reported that the 'person' who killed the police woman is in fact linked to the brothers who are holed up in Damnmartin

Also seems to have been a further shooting incident in a kosher supernarket in Paris, with another hostage being taken...

Jamming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum