The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The price of laughter in Paris

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The price of laughter in Paris

Post by Knitted on 08.01.15 2:50

Seems like the youngest has handed himself in! My concerns this could possibly have been something other than the reported narrative of a religiously motivated crime have receded, (unless, of course, he says he was nothing to do with it!)

Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 4:02

From twitter: Salman Rushdie @SalmanRushdie 12 hours ago Here's my brief statement about the awful events in Paris. Vive Charlie Hebdo! http://p.ost.im/jG6HxY

"Religion, a mediaeval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry becomes a real threat to our freedoms. This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today. I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity. ‘Respect for religion’ has become a code phrase meaning ‘fear of religion’.  Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect."

The last sentence of Salman Rushdie's statement above, which has already been misquoted in the MSM, is worthy of repeat ad inifinitum.  

JE SUIS CHARLIE - VIVE CHARLIE HEBDO

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 4:32

@PeterMac wrote:

Though why any lunatic (sorry, Muslim !) would be forced to believe that that was a depiction of Mohammed, I have no idea.
But I suppose if you want to be outraged, anything will do.

This cartoon reminds me of Frankie Howerd '“Ooh no, please, it's wicked to mock the afflicted - it might be one of your own!"

It could also pass as contemporary comment on the state of some NHS hospitals where ambulances are in a holding pattern waiting for hours to offload their sick and wounded and the fast track to a trolley in a corridor is by wheelchair through the back door of A&E.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 4:48

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Demonstrations in major cities throughout France.
Merde, les Musulmans!
And a decent sized and silent crowd in Trafalgar Square.  Many French.
Bradford ?  Rotherham ?  Luton ?   No news yet in.

No news from Tower Hamlets either, PeterM, but some Muslims have taken to twitter to denouce the barbarous acts of their fellow worshippers: http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/01/not-in-our-name-muslims-respond-in-revulsion-to-charlie-hebdo-shooting/

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 5:23

@Knitted wrote:Seems like the youngest has handed himself in! My concerns this could possibly have been something other than the reported narrative of a religiously motivated crime have receded, (unless, of course, he says he was nothing to do with it!)

If true, its imperative Le Gendarmerie keep him in a safe location.

Honour Killing Risk

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 5:52

@Knitted wrote:

Yep... I saw him pick something up when that clip was first aired. I've not seen any clip aired where you see anyone get out of the car and it being dropped/falling from the vehicle/thrown out of the vehicle (by the 3rd attacker who stayed in the car), etc.  So who knows yet how it got to be on the floor. Filming of he clip we are all familiar with was started after the attackers had left the building, and so only shows the item already lying on the road and being picked up. 

I saw both clips where you can see clearly something was dropped (definitely not a shoe) which the dropper did not realise until he walked back to the car then he spotted it, bent and picked it up, threw it into the car ........

http://www.lemonde.fr/attaque-contre-charlie-hebdo/article/2015/01/08/attaque-a-charlie-hebdo-que-sait-on-des-deux-suspects-recherches_4551181_4550668.html

The 18-years old surrended himself to Police. Could be related to the two other suspects.
Bears the same surname as the wife of the younger of the two sibling-suspects.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Cartoonists fight back, in the way they know

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 7:03

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 08.01.15 7:12

@aiyoyo wrote: *snipped* Using zoom police would be able to scrutiny this item that was dropped.  Could well be ID.

I just don't understand why terrorists would take their ID's out on a killing spree with them. Seems a tad disorganised - cover your face but take your ID. Shocked

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 7:19

@MrsC wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote: *snipped* Using zoom police would be able to scrutiny this item that was dropped.  Could well be ID.
I just don't understand why terrorists would take their ID's out on a killing spree with them. Seems a tad disorganised - cover your face but take your ID. Shocked
Because it is the law ! !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 08.01.15 7:20

@PeterMac wrote:
@MrsC wrote:
Because it is the law ! !

Oh, yes. Silly me!

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

And yet more

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 7:29

" />

" />

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 7:39

@PeterMac wrote:

Brilliant!  But will be lost on the gormless gunmen doubtless!

Yet they expect to be given Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, to enjoy and to employ it their way. Wasted on them really.
Imprisonment is inadequate punishment for them, and not adequate justice to Society either.  
Can't bring the lost of innocence life
Can't return justice to victims' families in equal measures
.... and waste of tax payers money.
Death penalty is not solution either.
Best hand them over to their Imam/s to melt out the punishment.
Let them prove to the world they're deserving of respect.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 7:51

If your faith can be shaken by a mere drawing, then you have none
The same offer as always: 'Say my religion is peaceful or I will kill you.'
Without journalism & freedom of expression there cannot be democracy. therefore, if someone wants to destroy democracy, journalist's are the front line.    [Shades of Leveson and C-R here !!  PM]

Try to kill one newspaper.  Face hundreds

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 7:53

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 8:27

@PeterMac wrote:

That's appropriate to be aimed at Gerry too. 
For pushing for the curtailment of Freedom of Speech of mainstream and social media.
For causing the death of Brenda Leyland.
He's blood on his hands.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.01.15 8:57

Snipped from press report

The gunmen Rey admitted had been dropped off outside, carrying Kalashnikovs, by a third man in a black Citroën – registration number CW 518 XV – with dark-tinted windows. They knew their business, police said: they wore balaclavas and bulletproof vests; they held their weapons professionally; they “moved calmly and appeared determined”.
They chose their moment, too. Wednesday morning is publication day for Charlie Hebdo, the occasion for the staff’s weekly editorial conference. Inside the second-floor conference room, some 15 staff members – cartoonists, editors, writers – had gathered for the mid-morning meeting, including four of the magazine’s most famous names: the cartoonists Cabu, Wolinski and Tignous, and the magazine’s editor since 2012, the cartoonist Stéphane Charbonnier, known as Charb.

Organised execution.
Organisation that funded the weapons and bulletproof vests etc must be haunted down....
Had they unwittingly been given inside information, or very resourceful.

You got to wonder why cartoonist-staff obeyed their command. 
 Did they know she works there - had observed her daily routine and waiting for her, or chance upon her?  
Seeing them in balaclavas and heavily armed, why did she not feign innocence that she was on visit, waiting for someone to open the door for her.  
She could have gone away and phone to alert her colleagues.
She must known about the daily editorial meeting hour.

I can't help thinking the organised killing was very well planned and maybe had help of inside info.  I wonder if there's muslim staff working in CHs office, even cleaner maybe who knew their routine ?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 9:06

" />

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 08.01.15 9:21

That is very poignant indeed.

Until the moderate Muslim community respond to such barbaric massacres with an even louder voice than that with which they condemn a cartoon they will end up sealing their own fate by choice. The Muslim Council of Great Britain on it's Facebook have issued a predictably minimal and luke-warm condemnation, but goes nowhere near enough. A religion of peace? Possibly when they have total control and have silenced thought and opinion of the "infidel". 

I have awoken today beyond disgusted at yesterdays events

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 08.01.15 9:48

Do we know who did it yet?

"Allahu Akbar" shouted by people in masks doesn't convince me yet.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.01.15 10:19

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:That is very poignant indeed.

Until the moderate Muslim community respond to such barbaric massacres with an even louder voice than that with which they condemn a cartoon they will end up sealing their own fate by choice. The Muslim Council of Great Britain on it's Facebook have issued a predictably minimal and luke-warm condemnation, but goes nowhere near enough. A religion of peace? Possibly when they have total control and have silenced thought and opinion of the "infidel". 

I have awoken today beyond disgusted at yesterdays events
I feel the same as you Smokeandmirrors.

If Turkey becomes a member of the EU it's time to throw in the towel.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 11:11

Oh no. Not them !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 11:19

And if Mohammed should return. . .

I AM the prophet, you ar** hole
Shut your gob, infidel

This is on the front cover of several papers in Spain today. But then Spain did have the bright idea between 900 and 1483 of sorting the problem out !
Long may it continue.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 11:33

Viva España  bravo

Will the UK press follow suit or will it continue to appease those who would shut them down and shut them up forever?

JE SUIS CHARLIE - VIVE CHARLIE HEBDO

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MATT - Telegraph

Post by PeterMac on 08.01.15 11:34

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 08.01.15 12:03

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Knitted wrote:

Yep... I saw him pick something up when that clip was first aired. I've not seen any clip aired where you see anyone get out of the car and it being dropped/falling from the vehicle/thrown out of the vehicle (by the 3rd attacker who stayed in the car), etc.  So who knows yet how it got to be on the floor. Filming of he clip we are all familiar with was started after the attackers had left the building, and so only shows the item already lying on the road and being picked up. 

I saw both clips where you can see clearly something was dropped (definitely not a shoe) which the dropper did not realise until he walked back to the car then he spotted it, bent and picked it up, threw it into the car ........

http://www.lemonde.fr/attaque-contre-charlie-hebdo/article/2015/01/08/attaque-a-charlie-hebdo-que-sait-on-des-deux-suspects-recherches_4551181_4550668.html

The 18-years old surrended himself to Police. Could be related to the two other suspects.
Bears the same surname as the wife of the younger of the two sibling-suspects.
Hi Aiyoyo... I've seen the clip you originally linked to replicated across a couple of dozen sites but on none of them do you see the item falling out, (which it almost certainly did). Have you a link to a clip showing them getting out of the car and the item dropping as I can't find one and you say you've seen two clips.  Also it looks exactly like a black training shoe with a white sole to me (but I may be wrong) so I am interested in how you can say it is definitely not a shoe. I posted a link to the least compressed and clearest clip I could find (Vice News), have you looked? If it's not a black trainer with a white sole what do you think it is?

(n.b. It's a moot point as the ID is being reported as being found in the black car... However, my continued pedantry is about focussing on evidence and eliminating noise and misinformation (which this site is all about in relation to MBM) and it's bugging me that I can't find the clips you've seen showing the item (a shoe Wink ) falling from the car... the only ones I've seen are where it is already on the ground).

Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum