The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The price of laughter in Paris

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The price of laughter in Paris

Post by Angelique on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:25 am

aquila

Well yes, it's no more than I expected actually.

Your experience in the taxi was not nice but its only the tip of the preverbal.

A long time ago, can't remember when on a programme most probably Despatches, a Muslim man was interviewed on a park bench somewhere in London.

I only remember the gist of the programme which was about Muslims and how they interact with the British. But I do remember his parting shot:

"You will either be Muslims or you will be dead".

Yes I know some may think he was "radicalised" or an extremist but I just think he was a Muslim living in Britain.

All Muslims are Muslims. As far as they are concerned there is only one faith. Being atheists doesn't count either.

I too feel sad that we have welcomed people into this country who only wish us harm. Not to live as we do - but as they would in what they consider their country, where-ever that was.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:01 am

I don't care what any religious belief groups do as long as they don't force it down my throat, and then i have the option to politely ask them not to do that because i am not interested.  And if they murder someone in the name of their bs religion they can spend a nice long term in prison. Any harm done to another because of religion should reap a punishment just like any other crime in our society, and if some people don't like it bad luck.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:25 am

Of all the religions in UK today I can think of only one religion that holds a theocratic tenet.

This is to my mind a threat to the fabric of UK society which is a very tolerant society.

I've heard it said that we must not 'offend religious belief' (that means openly express an opinion) but become aware of 'cultural consciousness'. As a UK citizen I find that a pretty lame soundbite coming from a fairly specific quarter.

I'm getting this comment in now before the 'thought police' come and take my right to an opinion away or I'm accused of something or other.

There must be many muslims trapped by their religion, with no freedom to question, criticize or either move away from it, ditch it, adopt a new religion or become an atheist. In UK this is a fundamental right afforded to everyone living here.

I'd like to say that no-one is oppressed here. Muslims seem to think they are oppressed. I seem to think that UK society is becoming oppressed to accommodate a theocratic tendency, advancing in population here.

I don't expect people to agree with my opinion. I expect to have the right to an opinion and to express it rationally and without fear of backlash from the PC brigade who either wish to deny a problem exists or want to ignore it and brush everything under the carpet.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:06 pm

These misguided fools people cannot see the irony of their being allowed to demonstrate against freedom of speech and expression:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2944946/Thousands-British-Muslims-protest-against-Charlie-Hebdo-magazine-publishing-cartoons-Prophet-Mohammed.html

Imo every one of those who attended this demonstration, together with those who allowed it to take place, stand accused of inciting racial hatred and religious intolerance and it's to be hoped that all who signed the petition will come under the scrutiny of the relevant authorities.

There can be no place for zealots in British society. We've had 'not in my name'... perhaps it's now time for 'not on our streets'? .

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 pm

It's come to something when another Charlie is moved to speak out in support of British values and hopefully he will now renounce his earlier intention to be crowned as 'defender of faiths' when Her Maj joins the choir invisible:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2944283/Charles-tells-UK-Muslims-abide-values-Prince-says-come-live-Britain-respect-us.html

In the meantime, what is the RSPCA doing about the inhumane practice that constitutes the ritual slaughter of animals?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:29 am

@ultimaThule wrote:
In the meantime, what is the RSPCA doing about the inhumane practice that constitutes the ritual slaughter of animals?
Nothing. Because Jews do it too, though without the deliberate abuse and cruelty.
It is interesting in that both set of rules talk about the animal being "alive", not about its being "fully conscious"
A stunned animal will eventually regain consciousness, and is thus "alive"
In that sense all slaughter is of "live" animals. By definition.

It is said that in some Halal slaughterhouses they do in fact stun the animals before slaughter
and if it is acceptable for some then all should conform to the same standards.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re; The Price of Laughter in Paris

Post by G-Unit on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 am

[size=31]Huge crowd of Muslim protesters picket Downing Street to protest at Charlie Hebdo cartoons[/size]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11398967/Huge-crowd-of-Muslim-protesters-picket-Downing-Street-to-protest-at-Charlie-Hebdo-cartoons.html

Interesting read;

European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction? Part 2: Britain
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5177/no-go-zones-britain

G-Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noseyparker on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:00 pm

@PeterMac wrote:
I understand "Burden of proof" and "standard of proof" and "Due process", and in a perfect world we would all want to adhere to those laudable, educated, enlightened, and indeed possibly Christian values, but there surely comes a point at which a Nation, a People, has the right to protect itself
And if during that process of self-protection it becomes necessary, or advisable, to adopt techniques, which under normal circumstances with "normal" people  might produce normal results,
but in the present climate clearly will NOT and remember that.. .These are NOT Normal People, living by Normal standards, in Normal Circumstances.  . . .    

Whose NORMAL ,You or them.Are these part of your normal people with normal standards bombing civilians

noseyparker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:14 pm

[quote="ultimaThule"]It's come to something when another Charlie is moved to speak out in support of British values and hopefully he will now renounce his earlier intention to be crowned as 'defender of faith[i]s[/i]' when Her Maj joins the choir invisible:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2944283/Charles-tells-UK-Muslims-abide-values-Prince-says-come-live-Britain-respect-us.html

In the meantime, what is the RSPCA doing about the inhumane practice that constitutes the ritual slaughter of animals?[/quote]

Richard III for President!

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:44 pm

@G-Unit wrote:[size=31]Huge crowd of Muslim protesters picket Downing Street to protest at Charlie Hebdo cartoons[/size]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11398967/Huge-crowd-of-Muslim-protesters-picket-Downing-Street-to-protest-at-Charlie-Hebdo-cartoons.html

Interesting read;

European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction? Part 2: Britain
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5177/no-go-zones-britain
Where is the huge protest on the streets of UK from muslims who openly condemn the barbaric extremists who want to live by sharia law?

Sharia law....coming to a neighbourhood near you?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:24 pm

I have just seen a post whooshed from the poster.

I shall answer it nevertheless.

The UK is a Christian country built upon Christian principles.

The UK is a tolerant country.

To ignore that Islam is a threat to the UK is mindless.

Islam is never defined. Is it a race? Is it a culture? Is it a religion? No matter what you say about this religion you will be labelled for being anti.

I'm disgusted that my family fought in two world wars and other battles only to accommodate a minority religion/culture into this country to have no allegiance whatsoever to anything but their belief in Allah and to build mosques.

I don't apologise for my opinion. I expect to be called anti-islamic.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noseyparker on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm

AQUILA .my  links didn,t work properly but i will put it back in and no i do not  think you are  anti islam everyone is entitled to their opinion.

noseyparker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:42 pm

@noseyparker wrote:AQUILA .my  links didn,t work properly but i will put it back in and no i do not  think you are  anti islam everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I'd already read the article you posted from the Daily Hate.

This article was purposefully written to show Jews v Muslims in Paris.

Another shit story from the Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail would do far better to show the muslim ghettoes in our cities (and I'm not speaking about London) where there are no-go areas.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noseyparker on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:59 pm

@aquila wrote:
@noseyparker wrote:AQUILA .my  links didn,t work properly but i will put it back in and no i do not  think you are  anti islam everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I'd already read the article you posted from the Daily Hate.

This article was purposefully written to show Jews v Muslims in Paris.

Another shit story from the Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail would do far better to show the muslim ghettoes in our cities (and I'm not speaking about London) where there are no-go areas.
This is the other article which seems not to be reported in MSM http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=32717 and i am neither anti islam or anti semetic

noseyparker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 pm

I was shipping stuff back to South Africa a couple of weeks ago. The guys who turned up were from Eritrea. The boss of the two was a most courteous and polite man. He was obviously interested in the stuff that he was wrapping up for shipment and spoke to me about Africa.

This man had left Eritrea at the age of 19. He was expected to join the army like his father had done. His mother encouraged him to get out. He lives in Maida Vale in London. He's been in this country for many years. He's worked for the same company for fourteen years. The company that employed him not long after he arrived here.

He told me so much about Eritrea and how hard it is there. He told me that when he rings home his phone calls are monitored - not for the things he says but the things his mother might say. He told me all about how Islam is evil in his country of birth. I liked this young man - he's about 33 (that's young in my terms) and we talked openly. He became very animated when he told me in his own words that there are mosques being opened in London - I'll omit his animated language when he was discussing this.

I learned so much from this Christian man who has done nothing but make a good and honest life here and is disgusted by the state of UK.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The price of laughter in Paris

Post by G-Unit on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:39 pm

I was listening to a radio programme the other night and a Muslim guy was saying that multi-culturalism has been a bad idea. He thought that immigrants should accept and integrate into the existing culture. Multi-culturalism has prevented this from happening. He also said there is a crisis whereby younger Muslims are being ruled by the older men who have the power, so they are getting frustrated because they can't express their ideas or make changes, which sometimes leads to radicalisation. 

A Muslim 'feminist' said that there is 'Islam' and there are 'Muslims'. She seemed to be making a distinction between the 'pure' message of Islam and the rules and structure created by men. This happens in Christian religions also, of course. Jesus was all about 'love thy neighbour', but organised religions are sometimes about hate thy neighbour.

The programme spoke to an Iman also who explained that a Muslim is not allowed to doubt the existence of God or Mohammed. They cannot question what is written in the Quoran either. Consequently, Muslim scholars spend their time arguing about the fine detail of the text and what it means. It seems to me that they are where Catholicism was in the 16th Century when it insisted that the sun orbited the earth and not the other way round; desparately clinging to their beliefs and customs in an ever-changing world.

Just as in the 16th Century, if the people start thinking for themselves then those with the power are in danger of losing it.

G-Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Muslims are a growing and un-integrated population in UK. Whether you like it or not it's a fact. Ignore it at your peril. Governments ignore it, social services ignore the "cultural foibles", everyone ignores it. When is it going to be recognised that Islam needs to earn its place in UK?

I must sound like an English Defence League supporter. On the contrary, I'm most certainly not of that ilk and find them abhorrent.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noseyparker on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:32 pm

I agree Aquila but the Western powers should stop prosecuting wars in muslim countries.We don,t tolerate terrorist attacks in the west  nether should these Islamic countries be terrorised by foreign powers

noseyparker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 pm

@noseyparker wrote:I agree Aquila but the Western powers should stop prosecuting wars in muslim countries.We don,t tolerate terrorist attacks in the west  nether should these Islamic countries be terrorised by foreign powers
You'll have to get that bastard Blair into a court room for war crimes first.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noseyparker on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Along with Straw, D.Milliband,Bush,Cheney,Obama Clinton,Powell is there a dock big eough for all of them

noseyparker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 pm

@noseyparker wrote:Along with Straw, D.Milliband,Bush,Cheney,Obama Clinton,Powell is there a dock big eough for all of them
Well they're all multi millionaires offering soundbites, some of them after having dropped bombs on civilians in many countries having said 'weapons of mass destruction' which were never found.

American and UK armed forces deployed in a spurious war whilst at home Blair (the bastard) was engineering a social experiment in multi-culturalism by opening the borders of UK and bedding the EU.

Get that man into a court room. He's a criminal. He's sentenced to death our troops and civilians in other countries.

Just my opinion of course.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum