The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The price of laughter in Paris

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The price of laughter in Paris

Post by Joss on 11.01.15 2:14

@aquila wrote:
@Grim wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Any serious comment from any Muslim Leaders anywhere?

No.

APOSTATE!!   Death to you!!

And there lies the problem...
And here are the texts the jihadists have committed to memory - from the most evil book ever published on this planet:

This vile offering is freely available , yet  " The Truth In The Lie " by Dr Amaral is banned .....funny olde world ey ?
How much of this hatred is being peddled in UK mosques and secret prayer houses?
That is why i believe all Abrahamic religions are inherently evil. Their gods are gods of hatred and vengence and committ people to eternal hell if they don't obey and worship such an evil deity. That ain't love in my book.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Texan logic aka Rattlesnake Logic....

Post by lj on 11.01.15 14:35

I was reminded of an old facebook post:

Rattlesnake Logic....

After the Boston bombing the news media spent days and weeks trying to determine why these men did what they did. They want to know what America did(!) to make these brothers so angry with us. They want to know why these men were not arrested before they did something so terrible.
The media is in a tizzy about this new era of homegrown radicals and about why and how they can live among us and still hate us.

A friend of mine from Texas explained it all to me: “Here in west Texas, I have rattlesnakes on my place, living among us. I have killed a rattlesnake on the front porch. I have killed a rattlesnake on the back porch. I have killed rattlesnakes in the barn, in the shop and on the driveway. In fact, I kill every rattlesnake I encounter.

I kill rattlesnakes because I know a rattlesnake will bite me and inject me with poison. I don’t stop to wonder WHY a rattlesnake will bite me; I know it WILL bite me because it's a rattlesnake and that's what rattlesnakes do. 
I don’t try to reason with a rattlesnake or have a "meaningful dialogue" with it… I just kill it. 
I don’t try to get to know the rattlesnake better so I can find a way to live with the rattlesnakes and convince them not to bite me. I just kill them. 
I don’t quiz a rattlesnake to see if I can find out where the other snakes are, because (a) it won’t tell me and (b) I already know they live on my place. So, I
just kill the rattlesnake and move on to the next one.

I don’t look for ways I might be able to change the rattlesnake to a non-poisonous rat snake...I just kill it. Oh, and on occasion, I accidentally kill a
rat snake because I thought it was a rattlesnake at the time. Also, I know for every rattlesnake I kill, two more are lurking out there in the brush. In my
lifetime I will never be able to rid my place of rattlesnakes.

Do I fear them? Not really. Do I respect what they can do to me and my family? Yes!! And because of that respect, I give them the fair justice they deserve....I kill them...
As a country, we should start giving more thought to the fact that these jihadists' are telling the world their goal is to kill Americans and destroy our way of life. They have just posted two graphic videos on the internet showing them beheading Americans. They are serious. They are exactly like rattlesnakes. It is high time for us to start acting accordingly!

I love this country.
It's the damn government I'm afraid of!

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 11.01.15 19:00

More than 2 millions turn out for the Unity March in Paris.
Unprecedented
Biggest March in France's history.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 11.01.15 19:20

@Tony Bennett wrote:Charlie Hebdo: Rupert Murdoch speaks out:

Hmmmmm - Rupert Murdoch - 'maybe most Muslims are peaceful'.

Maybe most non-Muslims are peaceful. 

But some are not.

He really should keep his mouth shut.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 11.01.15 19:23

That is why i believe all Abrahamic religions are inherently evil. Their gods are gods of hatred and vengence and committ people to eternal hell if they don't obey and worship such an evil deity. 

----

Christianity does not exactly have an unblemished record.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.01.15 21:14

@j.rob wrote:That is why I believe all Abrahamic religions are inherently evil. Their gods are gods of hatred and vengeance and commit people to eternal hell if they don't obey and worship such an evil deity. 

----

We read in the gospels that Jesus Christ was betrayed by Judas for 30 pieces of silver and then endured six trials, all of them procedurally unfair, during a very long night.

The trials were before: Annas - The Sanhedrin - Caiaphas the High Priest - Pilate - Herod - then back to Pontius Pilate for final judgment.

Both Pliate and Herod found him innocent of all the bogus charges against Him.

He had performed miracles, raised the dead, healed the sick, cast out evil spirits - and had done many other things to prove that He was exactly who He said He was - the Eternal Son of God.

On his way to be crucified, he was mocked, spat at, had a crown of thorns placed on his head, and scourged with a spiked rod.

On the cross, as he was dying, He prayed: 'Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do'.

One of the criminals being crucified alongside him repented of his sins whilst hanging on the cross, and recognised Christ as from God.

Christ answered him: 'Today thou shalt be with me in Paradise'.

This doesn't sound to me like a 'god of hatred' or 'god of vengenace'.

It sounds to me much more like a God of great love - and forgiveness.

We all have a choice - to believe in Christ...

...or not to believe in Him.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.01.15 21:41

Tony,

Whilst I understand your love of Christ, I can't help but think you are using the forum to Bible bash.

This topic is about what happened in France. It's about extremist religious zealots that the muslim 'community' (whatever that is) chooses to sweep under the carpet, ignore, attack, deny etc.

Everyone has the right to a belief/non-belief.

Quoting from the Quran about hatred in Islamic teachings is very poignant given what has just happened.

I note that a poster called sofa has failed to answer questions that I asked about a post you placed up on the forum re the Quran.

It doesn't really help to have a Christian who wants to argue the issue Bible v Quran.

The fact is that Islamists have created death on the streets of a European city and not for the first time.

Sofa seems to believe that 'other people' are responsible for this and doesn't wish to give information about what is taught in mosques. Hatred, racism and whatever are reasons given to anyone who has an opinion.

My country is a country built on Christian values and principles, it's a tolerant country and it allows for people to believe in something other than Christianity, or believe in nothing if that's what they choose.

I'm not fond of Bible bashers. I shrink away from them.

What I really don't want is a religion such as Islam that is a threat to how I live in my own country.

Islam is a definite threat to how we live imo. You only need to see the impact that Islam has had on this country within the last 30 years.

Bashing the Bible makes it worse. Exposing Islam for what it is in the Western world is of far more use.

just my opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofa on 11.01.15 21:48

WTF Aquila, you really are an deleted excuse my french. I think your anger issue is causing a lot of problem, maybe you need to think about medication and maybe getting a life, I mean a proper one. Please moderator ban me, please!

Personal attacks of this nature are unnecessary - please can we keep discussion sensible 

sofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.01.15 21:51

@aquila wrote:Tony,

Whilst I understand your love of Christ, I can't help but think you are using the forum to Bible bash.
Not at all.

A number of members here from time to time bash the Christian faith in one way or another, as j.rob did above.

I hope it's not a problem for anyone if I provide a brief response and quote just a couple of short verses in doing so?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.01.15 21:54

@sofa wrote:WTF Aquila, you really are an deleted excuse my french. I think your anger issue is causing a lot of problem, maybe you need to think about medication and maybe getting a life, I mean a proper one. Please moderator ban me, please!
What medication do you suggest?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi1967 on 11.01.15 22:50

Surely anyone of rational mind does not actually believe there is a God these days! Each to there own but come on.....I grew up under Irish Catholic influence and I'm in no doubt that my family were and are all bonkers . They had the fear of God struck into them from the day they were born and now my mother at nearly 90 still see's me as the devils daughter as I don't believe, such was the power and influence on simple people in those days. but now ...please no excuse for believing in all that bull**** surely.

sammi1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.01.15 22:54

@sammi1967 wrote:Surely anyone of rational mind does not actually believe there is a God these days!
I contend that it is far more rational to believe in Christ and the Bible than not.

If you want to debate that, let's go down to the Member's Lounge...

...but preferably let's get talking again about what really happened to Madeleine McCann

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi1967 on 11.01.15 23:11

Sorry Tony it wan't intended to upset.  I just have my views and have seen first hand how it can influence people in the wrong way As a general rule I keep well out of religion and go my own sweet way...but I just can't see how anyone can be taken seriously if they believe there is this spiritual being looking down on us all. As for what happened to Maddie McCann well wouldn't we all like to know. Did she ever exist ? Was she murdered? Media hoax? Government cover up? That's what keeps us all reading and intrigued. Until the powers that be decide what they want us to know we shall just have to speculate and debate . I don't get myself riled up about it though I just read and listen. 

One thing that has always got me was the lack of 'Maddie DNA' in the apartment...something I would have expected the PJ to have pushed more on....however in the Soham case there was apparently no DNA from Holly or Jessica either due to cleaning perhaps...an interesting parallel maybe

sammi1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 12.01.15 5:23

@sammi1967 wrote:Surely anyone of rational mind does not actually believe there is a God these days! Each to there own but come on.....I grew up under Irish Catholic influence and I'm in no doubt that my family were and are all bonkers . They had the fear of God struck into them from the day they were born and now my mother at nearly 90 still see's me as the devils daughter as I don't believe, such was the power and influence on simple people in those days. but now ...please no excuse for believing in all that bull**** surely.

I am an atheist. IMO evangelism-Christianity is pretty darn bad as radical-Islam, though the act of one thing cannot be campared in the same like as the other one.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.01.15 7:10

@sammi1967 wrote:Sorry Tony it wan't intended to upset.  I just have my views

Not a problem, it's just that when anyone attacks Christ and the millions who believe in Him, I will often make a brief response

One thing that has always got me was the lack of 'Maddie DNA' in the apartment...something I would have expected the PJ to have pushed more on....however in the Soham case there was apparently no DNA from Holly or Jessica either due to cleaning perhaps...an interesting parallel maybe

Actually, Madeleine is off-topic on this thread as well, but, yes, the complete absence of DNA of Madeleine is one of the most striking features in the whole case. Another extraordinary fact is that the McCanns could not produce even ONE item belonging to Madeleine for the Portuguese sniffer dogs to follow on Day One - the McCanns handed the police a towel that had been used by others in the family. Gerry had to go back to Leicester (20 to 22 April) to get some of Madeleine's DNA - apparently from a pillow.

If you then add to that the evidence we have from the 'Last Photo' thread that the Last Photo was taken on Sunday, it begins to look as though Madeleine was not in Apartment G5A after that.

There are threads on here where the absence of DNA is discussedi in detail

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 12.01.15 7:55

@j.rob wrote:That is why i believe all Abrahamic religions are inherently evil. Their gods are gods of hatred and vengence and committ people to eternal hell if they don't obey and worship such an evil deity. 

----

Exactly, it is also an Abrahamic religion, as is Judaism & Islam.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 12.01.15 8:35

I've always considered the term 'Religious Literalist' to be far more apt than 'Religious Extremist'.

To my mind this recognises the unarguable facts that:
(i) Some followers (of any religion) can, and do, find inspiration in the teachings of their faith, and in the texts of their holy books, to do appalling things
(ii) That most religions (especially the Abrahamic ones) contain, as well as positive, Humanitarian ideals, a fair dose of barbarism

Thankfully many religious people do not take every aspect of their Holy Books literally, and instead are able to "do the right thing because it is the right thing to do".

However, the problem for me is that Islam (maybe through it's more repetitious reading of its Holy Book?) seems to have a more inflexible interpretation than Christianity or Judaism. As a result, those whose faith outweighs their innate Human ethics, are presumably more likely to take all aspects (including the negative ones) of their faith's holy texts "literally".

This is a worry because religious belief has almost nothing whatsoever to do with which religion is 'better' than another. The two biggest determinants (by a long chalk) as to which religion someone has belief in are: (i) The religion of their parents, & (ii) Geography.  Bearing that fact in mind, with Science making great strides in healthcare, food production and sanitation, it just so happens that the areas of the world seeing some of the greatest benefit, (& thus the areas with the greatest improvement in child survival rates) are regions of the world where Islam is the predominant religion.  This means that the world will see Islam, along with it's more literal interpretation of its holy book (written, like most, in far less enlightened times) continuing to grow in the number of its adherents over the next generation or two.  What this will mean for a more inclusive Global Humanity remains to be seen.

Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.01.15 11:36

@Knitted wrote:...the world will see Islam, along with its more literal interpretation of its holy book (written, like most, in far less enlightened times) continuing to grow in the number of its adherents over the next generation or two.  What this will mean for a more inclusive Global Humanity remains to be seen.
Well, lest we forget how Islam is extending its territory once again by the most barbaric slaughter, here is today's news from Nigeria - being suppressed because of the blanket coverage of the Paris massacre.

We simply cannot get away from the fact that the Islamist murderers in Nigeria derive their inspiration and bloodlust from the writings of Mohammed - which contrasts so completely with Christ's way: 'turn the other cheek' >>> 'love they neighbour as thyself' >>> 'if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also':    

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Bomb strapped to a 10-year-old girl explodes in busy market in Nigeria killing 20 and injuring 18

Bomb worn by female suicide bomber, aged 10, exploded in busy market

Explosion killed at least 20 people and left 18 with serious injuries

Blast split the young girl in two and flung one part across the road

Boko Haram militants have increasingly used young girls as human bombs

By Jenny Awford for MailOnline
Published: 17:38, 10 January 2015 | Updated: 08:51, 12 January 2015

A bomb strapped to a girl aged 'no older than 10' exploded in a busy market place in Nigeria, killing at least 20 people and injuring 18, security sources said.

The powerful explosion rocked the market in Maiduguri, which lies in the heartland of an insurgency by Sunni Muslim militant group Boko Haram, and was hit twice by female suicide bombers last year.

A Red Cross official said the blast split the young suicide bomber in two and flung one part across the road.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility but Boko Haram militants have increasingly used women and young girls as human bombs in their six-year quest for a hardline Islamic state.

A bomb strapped to a girl aged 'no older than 10' exploded in a busy market place in Maiduguri, Nigeria, pictured is an explosion at the same market in July

Civilian vigilante Ashiru Mustapha said the explosives detonated as the girl was being searched at the entrance to the market.

'The girl was about 10 years old and I doubt much if she actually knew what was strapped to her body,' he told AFP.

'In fact, she was searched at the entrance of the market and the metal detector indicated that she was carrying something.

'But sadly, the explosion went off before she was isolated, killing at least 10 people and injuring many others.'

The bomb went off at 12.15pm (11.15am GMT) today when the market was packed with traders.

The bodies of at least 16 bomb victims were counted in one hospital by mid-afternoon, civilian joint task force member Zakariya Mohammed told Reuters.

Child suicide bomber kills at least sixteen in Nigeria

Boko Haram militants have increasingly used women and young girls as human bombs in their six-year quest for a hardline Islamic state, pictured is burnt Bama market destroyed by gunmen in April 2013

'Right now, there are 27 injured people in Borno Medical Hospital, while more were taken to other hospitals,' he said.

The market in the Borno state capital was cordoned off as health officials began the grim task of sifting through the wreckage and collecting body parts.

The northeast states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa are bearing the brunt of a five-year-old insurgency by the Boko Haram, which wants to revive a medieval caliphate in Nigeria.

Last year more than 10,000 people died in the bloodshed.

Hours later, a suspicious vehicle that had been stopped at a checkpoint outside the city of Potiskum, in neighbouring Yobe, exploded at a police station as its driver was being taken in for questioning.

A police officer accompanying the car and the driver were killed, an officer said. Potiskum has been a repeated target for militant violence.

Both blasts came a week after a major Boko Haram attack on the fishing town of Baga in northern Borno State, which is believed to be the worst in the bloody six-year insurgency.

Zahra'u Babangida, 13, was arrested in December with explosives strapped to her body and told journalists that her parents volunteered her to take part in a suicide attack in Kano.

Boko Haram launched its first female suicide attack in June last year in the northern state of Gombe and there have been a spate of bombings since, including four in a week in the city of Kano in July.

The same month a 10-year-old girl was found in Katsina state wearing a suicide vest, prompting fears that young girls were being forced into becoming human bombs rather than through ideological motivation.

Forced conscription of young men and boys by Boko Haram has been well-documented. Last July, three women said to be 'female recruiters' for Boko Haram were arrested.

An alleged trainer of women bombers was also detained in Kano in August with up to 16 'trainees'.

On Friday, militants fought running battles with troops in the Yobe state capital, Damaturu, leading to the destruction of a mosque, shops and a market.

The attack was said to be a reprisal for an offensive by civilian vigilantes and local hunters against a Boko Haram enclave in southern Yobe on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2904497/19-dead-18-injured-Nigeria-market-blast-police.html#ixzz3ObbHv6uz

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 12.01.15 14:11

@Knitted wrote:

Thankfully many religious people do not take every aspect of their Holy Books literally, and instead are able to "do the right thing because it is the right thing to do".

You do not need religion to know what is right and what is wrong, or to know to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

You can take act of terror out of a religion, but you cannot take religion out of a man.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 12.01.15 14:40

@aiyoyo wrote:

Snipped: You do not need religion to know what is right and what is wrong, or to know to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
Since I regard being moral as including treating everyone fairly, regardless of ethnicity, skin tone, sexuality, etc. I'd go so far as to say religious belief tends towards making the vast swathes of the planet act and think in a quite appallingly immoral way.

Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.01.15 15:08

A few days ago, a citizen of Saudi Arabia, Raif Badawi, received a sentence of 1,000 lashes, to be administered in public, at the rate of 50 lashes per day.

His crime?

Setting up a discussion website - a forum - titled 'Free Saudi Liberals'.

Yesterday he received 50 lashes, his first day's punishment - 19 more days to go.

Here is an eyewitness account of what happened:

Raif Badawi had been brought to the square in front of al-Jafali mosque in Jeddah just after midday. There was a huge security presence – not just accompanying Raif but also in the streets and around the mosque. Some roads had also been closed.

Raif was escorted from a bus and placed in the middle of the crowd, guarded by eight or nine officers. He was handcuffed and shackled but his face was not covered – everyone could see his face.

Still shackled, Raif stood up in the middle of the crowd. He was dressed in a pair of trousers and a shirt.

A security officer approached him from behind with a huge cane and started beating him.

Raif raised his head towards the sky, closing his eyes and arching his back. He was silent, but you could tell from his face and his body that he was in real pain.

The officer beat Raif on his back and legs, counting the lashes until they reached 50.

The punishment took about 5 minutes. It was very quick, with no break in between lashes.

When it was over, the crowd shouted, “Allah-hu Akbar! Allah-hu Akbar!” – as if Raif had been purified.

In Saudi Arabia, all other religions apart from Islam are banned.

In Saudi Arabia, women are second class citizens and are not allowed to drive cars or ride bicycles.

Saudi Arabia directly funds up to 50% of Britain's mosques, maybe more.

All cultures are not equal.

Some are better than others

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 12.01.15 15:29

Forty nine more days of that will surely kill him, won't it? What an utterly barbaric, slow death.  sad

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 12.01.15 15:39

@Tony Bennett wrote:Snipped
All cultures are not equal.

Some are better than others
Hi Tony,

I'd agree.  

However, the statement "Religion X is currently demonstrably worse than Religion Y" is neither evidence of a deity, nor evidence that the latter is wholly benign and beyond reproach. The Christianity we are (luckily) used to in the UK and parts of Western Europe is relatively harmless on the spectrum of religious atrocities committed. As evidence for this statement: in a YouGov poll in 2011 half of those polled who declared themselves to belong to the Christian religion went on to state that they did not believe in a historical Jesus nor that he was the son of any god.  In other parts of the world the Christian faith and holy texts are used to oppress others, just as Islam does.  Yes... I agree Islam is excessive when it come to both labelling 'crime' and in punishing it... but that doesn't mean the other religions of the world are faultless. Indeed, I spend several hours a day on forums discussing belief with Christians and Muslims, mainly from the USA, and most are far from benign champions of freedom of thought and equality. I honestly wonder what crimes Christians from some of the Southern US States will be committing on the world stage in 50yrs time. I seriously, seriously, do.

Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 12.01.15 15:45

Just as brutal as this:

Palestinian prisoners face slow death from freezing temperatures in Israeli jails
Head of the Palestinian Prisoners' Committee, Issa Qaraqe, has confirmed that Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails are facing "very difficult" conditions because they are denied proper clothes and cover for the extreme winter weather, Qudsnet reported.
"The Israeli occupation is using the extremely cold weather to kill the Palestinian prisoners as its interrogators expose them to the cold weather in order to extract confessions," he said.
Qaraqe said that the Israeli Prisons' Services categorically refused to allow clothes and covers for the prisoners; they have instead obliged them to buy only light covers from prisons' canteens for high prices.
On the measures to sort out the problem, Qaraqe said that his committee met the International Red Cross, who attempted to send the needed clothes and covers for the prisoners, but the Israeli authorities refused.
He said that his committee had also raised the issue with the Israeli Supreme Court, which overturned their complaint claiming the Israeli Prisons' Services had provided all the needs.
According to Qaraqe the number of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails has increased from 4,000 to 7,000 due to the extensive campaigns of arrest conducted in the last six months.
Qaraqe said that the Israeli prisons, where the Palestinians are held, are not equipped with central heating system and this has caused many health problems for the prisoners.
He called for the international bodies concerned with this issue to urgently intervene in order to save the lives of the prisoners by putting pressure on the Israeli authorities to deal with the Palestinian prisoners with respect and apply international standards of detention standards toward them.
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/16262-palestinian-prisoners-face-slow-death-from-freezing-temperatures-in-israeli-jails

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 12.01.15 15:48

Anyone that murders and committs horrendous acts against other human beings in the name of some god does not serve god, but serves the devil according to their religious books.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum