The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The death of Lee Balkwell. ROMFORD RECORDER: Proof that my son was tortured

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The death of Lee Balkwell. ROMFORD RECORDER: Proof that my son was tortured

Post by Guest on 18.12.09 22:59

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@lorraine wrote:oh please when is this going to stop. i dont understand why you have put linda mitchinson on here ive wrote it its nothing to do with my mum and i actually did attend most days of the inquest and the days i didnt it was because i am a mother incase you forgot and i have to put my son first but i know exactly what went on the days i missed and unlike you i actually did sit and listen to everything i didnt walk out on the bits i didnt want to hear!. i have seen all the police eveidence and never declined to see anything. i dont know why you are doing what you are doing you are not telling the truth and you are making lee out to be something you know full well hes not i will never forgive you not that that would bother you but perhaps you should start thinking of what lee would be thinking and perhaps you should stop letting this tony bennett man use lees name for forums to talk about him self. im glad that someone is reviewing the case perhaps it will finally make you stop but i doubt it after this one you will probley get another review because you wont like the answers you get.i went round to les wed to ask if he could make you see sense and stop blackening lees name but this obviously did no good. i will not be answering any more of your silly posts i have got far too much respect for lee and my son to help you carry on this crap over the internet
Lorraine, I've read out your message, twice, to Les Balkwell tonight.

He's asked me to reply to you briefly as follows:

"All your comments are carefully noted.

"I note there are some inaccuracies.

"Without Tony Bennett I would never have got this far and I fully approve of all efforts he makes to spread knowlegde of the true circumstances surrounding Lee's death, my 7-year-long fight for justice for him, the progress being made first by the Independent Police Complaints Commission and now the West Midlands Police in uncovering the truth about how he died and the continuing cover-up by Essex Police, and in recent days the exposure this has had in the 'Evening Standard' and national newspapers such as 'The Observer' and the 'Daily Mail'.

"I do not want to carry on the converation you started on this thread either and I suggest we both help the I.P.C.C. and West Midlands Police to fulfil their tasks of completing their respective investigations into all that has gone on".

I take it Bennett you have never lost someone you dearly love have you. Syop jumping on bloody bandwagons will you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally on 18.12.09 23:22

Hi Mr Bennett
Just curious but would you mind elaborating a little on Res ispa loquitur please.

Take care

Finally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

4 replies

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.12.09 23:53

@Bea_Reasonable wrote:Mr Bennett, perhaps you would be able, as a human being, to reply to Lorraine? Compassion?
I've replied to Lorraine.

Your username is 'Bea_Reasonable'. You speak, quite rightly. about compassion in this situation.

We must all of course have compassion for someone who has lost a partner they loved and for a son who will never know his father.

But by the same token we must equally have compassion for his brother Les, who has lost a dear brother, compassion for his sister Tanya, compassion for his bereaved nephews, compassion for his bereaved mother and compassion for Les Balkwell, the bereaved father.

One of the saddest aspects of situations like this, where a loved one is lost in particularly tragic circumstances and where, as we shall surely find out sooner or later, that there has been foul play, is that all too often families are divided, even husband from wife or parent from child, about how to come to terms with the loss of a loved one. People have all kinds of different mechanisms for coping with such a loss.

Les Balkwell has chosen a courageous and often very lonely road by seeking to unravel what really happened to his son, how he was killed, and why the true circumstances of his death have been covered up. It has been extremely costly in both emotional and financial terms for him and his family, and he's had to overcome bitter and entrenched opposition by vested interests in his attempts to get justice for his son. Let us have especial compassion for him.

@littlepixie wrote:In all fairness, we don't know if this is really Lorraine.
It is Lorraine.

@Bea_Reasonable wrote:True and we don't know it's not, so erring on the side of kindness is best all round, isn't it?
As I've said above, let us be kind and compassionate to both Lorraine and Les and indeed to every other single family member who has had to come to terms with the loss of this popular and much loved family man, taken in the prime of life.

quote="badmanners"]Lorraine didnt want to post any information on an open forum because one of the things that bothers her about this entire campaign is the thought of a good deal of lurid speculation about Lee being on forums for their son to see when he is older.

But it was Lorraine herself who entered this thread and indeed you 'badmanners' who also intervened here claiming you had been in touch with Lorraine; you yourself were posting what you sad were her views. All that Les Balkwell has done is to respond in a dignified and polite manner to the contributions from Lorraine and yourself. Of course Les Balkwell already has his website, Justice4LeeBalkwell, and as the case gets nearer and nearer to the truth and more and more independent bodies get involved in investigating what has really gone on in this case, the more coverage there is likely to be of it in the press and on radio and TV, as there has been in the past 6 months.

Yes, Les's grandchild and Lorraine's son will get to know more about the circumstances of his father's death. At least Les Balkwell will have the personal satisfaction of knowing that he has moved heaven and earth to get to the truth of what really happened to his son.

Which convinced me that she is who she says she is.

I agree.

Personally I think this is all very sad, and a timely reminder that there are real people and real families involved in all these 'campaigns', and that sometimes they can be dividied over the best course of action to take.

Exactly as I said above and on that specific point I am in full agreement with you.

I regard Mr Bennett's decision to inform Lee's father that Lorraine had been here as most unfortunate. It may cause more upset and division when leaving it alone would have done no harm at all.

But it was Lorraine herself with her two posts and you, 'badmanners', who began this discussion here. Les Balkwell with his two messages has merely responded and has signed off quietly tonight agreeing that further discussion by Lorraine and him on this thread would not be appropriate. If Lorraine however continues to make contentious points, she must not be surprised if I report her comments to Les and he elects to reply.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.12.09 0:09

muratfan01 wrote:I take it Bennett you have never lost someone you dearly love have you. Stop jumping on bloody bandwagons will you.
It's very sad indeed that you have chosen to attack me on this particular thread, just like you do on all the others.

It's a common accusation that I 'jump on bandwagons'.

As you will find out from Les Balkwell if you talked to him, it was he who approached me for help and emphatically not the other way round.

After investigating the case for a few months and deciding for myself that this was not the 'tragic accident' Essex Police claimed it was, I agreed to help Les and his lawyers prepare for the Inquest which was delayed for an extraordinary and agonising five-and-half-years and eventually heard in February 2008.

I didn't do this to make a name for myself not to 'jump on any bandwagon' as before I got involved in the case no-one outside a small circle within Essex knew about the case. Only now has it, at last, reached coverage by way of major articles in top mainstream newspapers and on regional radio and TV.

Your claim that I only agreed to help Les Balkwell to 'jump on a bandwagon' is false and speaks more accurately of you than of me. For it's well known in psychology that those who constantly throw out accusations and abuse and point the finger at others are in reality only holding up a mirror to themselves.

Don't bring personal attacks and abuse onto this particularly sensitive threats. Reserve your firepower against those who killed Lee Balkwell and are continuing to cover this up. My mission here is to uncover the truth. And, alongside the heroic efforts of Les Balkwell, and with the help of the I.P.C.C. and West Midlands Police, together we are making progress.

@Finally wrote:Hi Mr Bennett -- Just curious but would you mind elaborating a little on Res ispa loquitur please. Take care.
It simply means: "The thing speaks for itself", or, more long-winded: "The circumstances speak for themselves".

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally on 19.12.09 9:11

Hi Mr Bennett
I know what Res ipsa loquitar means but I just wondered how it applies in this case and was hoping you might not mind explaining that please.

Take care

Finally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Things that speak for themselves

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.12.09 9:40

@Finally wrote:Hi Mr Bennett
I know what Res ipsa loquitar means but I just wondered how it applies in this case and was hoping you might not mind explaining that please.

Take care
Yes, not a problem, and by the way just as a note to other posters here you're much more likley to get a response from me if a question is put as politely as you have done.

Now, at 1.03am on the morning of 18 July 2002, Mr David Bromley of Baldwin's Farm near South Ockendon telephoned the ambulance service and told them 'there's a man hanging out of a concrete mixer.

Some of the ambulance and fire services personnel and police who visited the scene in those early dark hours made both mental and physical notes that this death looked suspicious and was probably foul play. This conclusion was based on observable facts but also on the general principle of 'res ipsa loquitur'.

The question they perhaps would have asked themselves would have been roughly along these lines:

Is it remotely credible that a man could be working using a 40-lb. Kango hammer-drill on a lorry at 1.00am, with absolutely no lighting available to him, and have ended up in the position he was actually found in, namely his head and shoulders trapped between the drum and the chassis bars and with his legs placed arond the chassis bars (you'd simply have to view the scene photographs for yourself to see the impossibility of this happening by accident).

Then on top of that you have all the inconsistencies about the scene, some of which I have dealt with above and which tend to show that a certain false scenario was created in order to mislead the authorities.

As for the police actions, I think the principle of 'res ipsa loquitur' could well apply also to their actions.

The fact that the Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Superintendent Graeme Bull, burnt Lee's clothing at the mortuary [FACT] when there could well have been crucial forensic evidence on them, coupled with the fact that many days after that he asked the family for 'permission' to destroy them, could be said to be a 'thing which speaks for itself'.

The white T-shirt and trainers that Lee was wearing when he returned to Baldwins Farm one hour before David Bromley's telephone call at 1.03am were also never recovered by the police. Or if they were, they were 'lost'.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.09 10:47

Thank you for your reply Bennett.

So answer me this then please. Did Stuart Lubbocks father ask for your help, and did the McCanns ask for your help.
Have you done any other high profile cases or indeed anything that was low key?
I mean how about tackling the problem of Honour Killings in Britain, carried out by Muslim faiths. Or maybe how about the latest person who was jailed for protecting his family.
Oh no not enough exposure for you.

And as for speacing to Les Balkwell, strange that as i have done. He finds it particulary strange how you managed to speak to himlast night. Would you like to tell me where he is at this precise moment.

Once again your lies are coming back to haunt you.

Back to top Go down

One more aggressive post from muratfan01, but his/her questions answered nevertheless

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.12.09 11:11

muratfan01 wrote:Thank you for your reply Bennett.

So answer me this then please.

Did Stuart Lubbocks father ask for your help...

Yes. I received a telephone call from him in January 2006. I live in the same town as him, hence my interest in that case.

...and did the McCanns ask for your help.

My first intervention in the Madeleine McCann case was to try and get a summons against them under the Children and Young Persons Act 1933 alleging that leaving three children under 4 on their own for 6 nights in a row (whether with or without their claimed 'half-hour checking'), as they admitted, amounted to child neglect. The N.S.P.C.C. say on their website that 'you should never leave young children on their own' and all other child welfare organisations agree. I acted once it became absolutely clear to me that the relevant authorities (Leicestershire Social Services and Leicestershire Police) were going to do nothing.

Have you done any other high profile cases or indeed anything that was low key?

You do not know what other people I am helping or representing and I am not going to tell you. I have a very clear, explicit mandate from Les Balkwell to assist him in exposing what has gone on in his son's case. Remember that three years ago when I began assisting him it was a low key case.

I mean how about tackling the problem of Honour Killings in Britain, carried out by Muslim faiths.

I have spoken out publicly about Islamist extremism and been criticised for it, I also had death threats from Islamists into my e-mail box as a result. 'Honour killings' would be best renamed 'revenge killings'.

Or maybe how about the latest person who was jailed for protecting his family.

Don't know about it, is that individual or his family running a campaign, do they want help? - is there a link?

Oh no not enough exposure for you.

Unworthy of comment.

And as for speacing to Les Balkwell, strange that as i have done. He finds it particulary strange how you managed to speak to himlast night. Would you like to tell me where he is at this precise moment.

Hmmm, I'll believe that when I next speak to Les Balkwell. I speak to him often on his mobile and I don't know where his is at this precise moment. But if I ring his mobile he usually answers it straightaway.

Unworthy of comment.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Les Balkwell to muratfan01: YOU ARE A BLATANT LIAR

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.12.09 11:53

muratfan01 wrote:And as for speacing to Les Balkwell, strange that as i have done. He finds it particulary strange how you managed to speak to himlast night. Would you like to tell me where he is at this precise moment.

Les Balkwell 'phoned me from his home at 11.22am this morning, he often rings me Saturday morning. I read out to him your message above.

This is from Les Balkwell to you, muratfan01:

"It needs to be said to him that you and I did speak about Lorraine last night and I did dictate a couple of messages to you over the 'phone. Neither 'muratfan' nor anyone else has spoken to me recently. Tell muratfan this from Les Balkwell: "muratfan, you are a blatant liar"."

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty O'Daws on 19.12.09 13:24

@Tony Bennett wrote: "muratfan, you are a blatant liar"."

Fancy that.

ppcorn

Patty O'Daws

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 19.12.09 13:41

laugh

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 19.12.09 13:48

Unless he just spoke the to the wrong Les Balkwell onphone

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.09 14:52

@vaguely wrote:Unless he just spoke the to the wrong Les Balkwell onphone

You just wanted an excuse to use that emoticon! big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe on 19.12.09 21:03

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Lorraine, I've read out your message, twice, to Les Balkwell tonight.

He's asked me to reply to you briefly as follows:

"All your comments are carefully noted.

"I note there are some inaccuracies.

"Without Tony Bennett I would never have got this far and I fully approve of all efforts he makes to spread knowlegde of the true circumstances surrounding Lee's death, my 7-year-long fight for justice for him, the progress being made first by the Independent Police Complaints Commission and now the West Midlands Police in uncovering the truth about how he died and the continuing cover-up by Essex Police, and in recent days the exposure this has had in the 'Evening Standard' and national newspapers such as 'The Observer' and the 'Daily Mail'.

"I do not want to carry on the converation you started on this thread either and I suggest we both help the I.P.C.C. and West Midlands Police to fulfil their tasks of completing their respective investigations into all that has gone on".

One of the things I find most distasteful about you is your transparent habit of putting your words into other people's mouths.

The above passage is pure Bennett-speak, and every single person reading it knows that.

It's quite possibly this habit of turning others into mere marionettes that eventually leads you to fall out with many of them.

preciousramotswe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What and how West Midlands Police is going to investigate about the conduct of Essex Police

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.12.09 20:28

In the light of continuing interest on this forum on the subject of the independent, West Midlands Police enquiry into the way Essex Police carried out their various investigations into the death of Lee Balkwell, I post here the agreed 'Terms of Reference'.

When I say 'agreed', it would be rather more correct to say 'the ones dictated to West Midlands Police by Essex Police', but, never mind, here they are:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TERMS OF REFERENCE

Review of the Investigation into the Death of Lee Balkwell

This Review will be undertaken by West Midlands Police. The fundamental objective is constructively to evaluate the strategic conduct of all phases of the investigation to ensure that:

a) It conformed to nationally approved standards.
b) It has been thorough.
c) It has been conducted with integrity and objectivity.
d) That no investigative opportunities have been overlooked
e) It identifies good or bad practice.

It will seek to achieve these objectives by reviewing:

i) All lines of enquiry pursued in any part of the investigation since 18TH July 2002 and the identification of any further investigative leads and/or intelligence development opportunities. It should be noted that the overall investigation can be considered in four separate phases: initial investigation, review of initial investigation, Operation Guthrie and the most recent investigation. There have been three different SIOs, all with access to varying degrees of information.

ii) The extent to which the investigation has utilised an intelligence-led approach, including covert policing tactics and the assistance of specialist analysts to maximise intelligence development opportunities.

iii) To identify and review the important strategic and tactical decisions in relation to the following : Initial response (including scene preservation and post mortem); Forensic; Family Liaison; Intelligence; Search; Arrest; Witness Identification; Interview strategy; Communication including media.

iv) The findings of the Inquest.

In order to achieve this, the following documents will be considered:

· Witness Statements
· Forensic Reports
· Inquest Transcript
· IPCC update report
· Actions
· Officers’ Reports
· Telephone Messages
· Policy File
· Briefing Book(s)
· Any relevant CCTV, video, DVDs etc
· Complaints made by Mr Les Balkwell
· Communication between Essex Police and Mr Bennett, acting on behalf of Mr Balkwell.

The Review Officer is to have facilitated access to interested parties identified including the family of the deceased, the IPCC and the CPS.

At the conclusion of the review the Review Officer will produce a written report. An advance copy of the report will be supplied to the SIOs and Force Solicitor to ensure factual accuracy and verification of draft, prior to submission to the Commissioning Officer DCC Andy Bliss.

Submission of the report will be followed by a presentation to the Commissioning Officer, Force Solicitor, Head of PSD and SIO Mr Garnish.

The report prepared by the Review Officer remains at all times the property of the Commissioning Service.

The Commissioning Service, Essex Police, will be responsible for all Freedom of Information applications in accordance with governing legislation.

The Commissioning Service will also be responsible for all aspects of disclosure and the requirements of the Criminal procedures and Investigations Act 1996.

Media liaison will be the responsibility of IPCC and Essex Police.

If during the review;

1) Key omissions or oversights are identified they will be notified to Essex Police in the first instance.

2) The review identifies any criminal or misconduct issues by Police Officers then these matters should be referred to the Essex DCC or Head of PSD in the first instance.

In both 2) and 3) above any matters relevant or appropriate for the IPCC investigation will be forwarded for their attention.

If Mr Bennett or Mr Balkwell provide fresh evidence or new lines of enquiry to the review team, this information is to be passed to the current SIO Chief Supt Keith Garnish.

The Review will commence on 9th December 2009 with a briefing from Chief Supt Garnish and will aim to conclude by 31st March 2010.The report will include a conclusion on the current status of the investigation and make recommendations as appropriate.

Signed:

Commissioning Officer: DCC Andy Bliss
Date:

Review Officer: Det Chief Supt Dave Mirfield Date:

SIO: Chief Supt Keith Garnish Date:

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: