The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SOLVED

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The man who got a story on to the front page of the Sunday Express

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.12.14 11:58

@aquila wrote:
I wish Tony had told him to bugger off and not given him his phone number.
Just for the record, here is the original message sent by ******* *****. I think aquila we must give him due credit for - so it seems - having pushed this story onto the front page of a Sunday tabloid:

+++++++++++++++++++

FROM ******* *****

After 7 years on the case I finally gave up on both Grange and PJ.

This is my line of inquiry supplied to Jim murray at the Sunday Express.

Having been into Grange three times over the years and supplied all information tottally frustrated they have not moved on this.

I met with Ana Rito three weeks ago and gave her all information as to where to find these people including cell numbers etc.

I am not a crank. Investigating never has been my business.

I was approached to help October 2007.

I found these people by accident following my initial line of inquiry.

Their eldest child is a girl aged appx 11 years,tall,very pretty,blonde brown hair and skin tone lighter than her parents-quote from local respected businessman.

She has only been seen rarely by him. Three times in three years.

However they are in a unique country perfect to have a child such as this with no questions asked.

Repeat Grange and PJ have everything but I believe not acted as Country far away and judicially very challenging.

Best,

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLVED

Post by rustyjames on 17.12.14 12:06

And credit to Tony for being willing to give out his phone number - one day a "crank" may just have something significant.

rustyjames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.12.14 12:11

"Where's me £2.5 MILLION 'reward' for 'finding' Madeleine"?

"you know who's she's with then?"

"Yeah, she's wiv me mate's bruvver, innit"

"really?"

"Ok, forget the reward bit"

"where is she?"

"I dunno, oh just forget it, I'm off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz'

for 'info' only: UK has no 'extradition treaty' with Oz. winkwink

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.12.14 12:12

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:
Just for the record, here is the original message sent by ******* *****. I think aquila we must give him due credit for - so it seems - having pushed this story onto the front page of a Sunday tabloid:

+++++++++++++++++++

FROM ******* *****

Having been into Grange three times over the years and supplied all information tottally frustrated they have not moved on this.

I met with Ana Rito three weeks ago and gave her all information as to where to find these people including cell numbers etc.

Their eldest child is a girl aged appx 11 years,tall,very pretty,blonde brown hair and skin tone lighter than her parents-quote from local respected businessman.

However they are in a unique country perfect to have a child such as this with no questions asked.

Repeat Grange and PJ have everything but I believe not acted as Country far away and judicially very challenging.

Best,

Why would someone seek you out to tell you this Tony?

Why would someone who has something of real substance use this forum to give out information that ought to go to the police?

I'm at a loss here and I'm not happy about it either.

Madeleine McCann not even four years old goes missing and weird contact with Tony Bennett from someone called 'mapleleaf' who claims to have met James Murray and shown him a photograph from three feet away.

Maplefleaf calls Madeleine 'the child' and fails to mention her name.

Selling a motorbike to gather funds to visit where this person thinks Madeleine is?

I despair.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 17.12.14 12:16

I am puzzled why MP would come onto the forum with this info. after having been in contact with the investigating authorities and the media? And also wanting telephone contact with one of the members here? What is MP hoping to gain by doing this? I just think its odd is all.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 17.12.14 12:18

@aquila wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++

FROM ******* *****

Best,

Why would someone who has something of real substance use this forum to give out information that ought to go to the police?

Madeleine McCann not even four years old goes missing and weird contact with Tony Bennett from someone called 'mapleleaf' who claims to have met James Murray and shown him a photograph from three feet away.

Selling a motorbike to gather funds to visit where this person thinks Madeleine is?

I despair.
Just posted the same time as you with similar queries, LOL. It all a bit weird IMO.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.12.14 12:25

@Joss wrote:I am puzzled why MP would come onto the forum with this info. after having been in contact with the investigating authorities and the media? And also wanting telephone contact with one of the members here? What is MP hoping to gain by doing this? I just think its odd is all.

" I just think its odd is all"
--------------------------------

Like an 'abduction', of a dead child, by a scaredy cat, burglator?

Like an 'abduction' ONLY the two parents, who were not actually 'there' to 'witness', of the 'missing' child,  have said er, DID 'happened'?

That sort of 'odd'?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 17.12.14 12:28

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Joss wrote:I am puzzled why MP would come onto the forum with this info. after having been in contact with the investigating authorities and the media? And also wanting telephone contact with one of the members here? What is MP hoping to gain by doing this? I just think its odd is all.

" I just think its odd is all"
--------------------------------

Like an 'abduction', of a dead child, by a scaredy cat, burglator?

Like an 'abduction' ONLY the two parents, of the 'missing' child,  have said er, 'happened'?

That sort of 'odd'?
Yeah, i guess so, pushing an agenda maybe? But perhaps MP can explain it in his own words in what he is wanting to achieve with it here on this forum.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrants on 17.12.14 12:36

@aquila wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++

FROM ******* *****

Best,

I despair.

I find this very strange.  It isn't another Stephen Birch is it?

He says he has been into Op Grange 3 times.  Voluntarily or was he invited?

The local businessman.  How does Mapleleaf know this? 

He he says eldest child.  Do they have others?

Why doesn't he say at least which continent it is?

Has he approached the McCanns on this? Surely they would be telling the world about it.

scrants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.12.14 12:42

@aquila wrote:

REPLY: Answering your questions as best as I can:

Point 1. The e-mail was received by the forum-owner, who decides what to do with any e-mail received. It was not sent to me but forwarded to me by the forum-owner.

Point 2. Before answering your remaining questions, let us remember that very valuable information indeed that's come in to the forum-owner has been sent e.g. to PeterMac for the specific things he's engaged on, and we have also benefitted from the revelation by a good and productive source that Edward Smethurst has been holidaying with one or other of his three families in Praia da Luz since 1999. More recently - this year in fact - by the same route, i.e. via the forum-owner, we learnt of the court case where Smethurst's evidence in a court case was robustly condemned by a High Court judge asw 'unreliable' - or worse, and which is now - exclusively - on this forum. More complaints about Smethurst's conduct in his business dealings are being received as I write. These come about because, for example, people google 'Edward Smethurst' - and Google sends them here. (Well, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't). Let us not forget what good work this forum does behind the scenes. 

Point 3. In this case, 'Mapleleaf' had already joined the forum. He was also IMO a relevant subject because it would appear that he was the source for the Express's absurd story about the Brazilian couple. Rightly or wrongly I considered that more information about this unlikely source would be of interest to us here.

REPLY: He says he's been to the police. He wrote to the forum IMO either (a) to try and gain credibility for his tale or (b) to seek attention. Or both.

REPLY: If his claim that the Express printed this story following his visit on Friday is true, then I suggest he is of interest for that very reason alone. It enables us to expose the deceit the mainstream media perpetrate almost daily on the material facts of this case.

I despair.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.12.14 12:51

I'm non-plussed.

What's wrong with Mapleleaf in his anonymity just posting for himself?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.12.14 12:52

@scrants wrote:
The local businessman.  How does Mapleleaf know this?  He he says eldest child.  Do they have others? Why doesn't he say at least which continent it is? Has he approached the McCanns on this? Surely they would be telling the world about it.
I think my main questions would be:

1. Has he really been interviewed three times by Grange?  If so, what possible interest would they have in talking to him?*

2. Has he really made (as he claims) two trips to Portugal to meet detectives, including Ano Rito three weeks ago? and

3. For what motive did the Express recycle his rubbish?

* Answering my own question, their official remit is 'to investigate the abduction'. Their unofficial remit is IMO to influence public perception. The powers-that-be have IMO learnt that any old theory about Madeleine will be swallowed hook, line and sinker by the majority of the populace, and keeps the abduction tale firmly in the public mind. Endless stories about suspects keeps the abduction story going and keeps newspaper sales up - to the delight of their owners

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrants on 17.12.14 12:52

Who approached him?

scrants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.12.14 12:59

"I was approached to help October 2007"
-----------------------------

'approached' and asked to 'help' BY 'whom'?

McCanns, their 'friends' and ALL UK police, that were in PDL until McCann's 'did a runner' hours after being made arguido/arguida, back, safely, ON UK 'soil' in October 2007.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.12.14 13:12

TB wrote:

3. For what motive did the Express recycle his rubbish?
-------------------------------------

Because there's BL's 'inquest' shortly?

"Look HERE, NOT 'there'?"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.12.14 13:14

Simon Russell's statement, on which the entire story is based - pretty well copy and paste -
was taken on 9th May 2007. Day 6 of the enquiry.
In it he identifies by name the two people concerned in his story, who were allegedly looking after, cleaning and living in a catamaran in Lagos Marina.

The wording of the Express article and of the statement are so similar that it is almost inconceivable that they did not read it,
and merely repeated the story they were being told, third hand, at the distance of 7 years.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.12.14 13:19

@PeterMac wrote:Simon Russell's statement, on which the entire story is based - pretty well copy and paste -
was taken on 9th May 2007. Day 6 of the enquiry.
In it he identifies by name the two people concerned in his story, who were allegedly looking after, cleaning and living in a catamaran in Lagos Marina.

The wording of the Express article and of the statement are so similar that it is almost inconceivable that they did not read it,
and merely repeated the story they were being told, third hand, at the distance of 7 years.

"GOTCHA, PM"  winkwink oh well, back to 'sleuthing' then.

Might just put this, out 'there' Is JM getting 'double bubble'? McC's AND Express?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Perhaps he is right

Post by PeterMac on 17.12.14 13:24

I have just checked, and this came up

" />

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.12.14 13:30

@PeterMac wrote:I have just checked, and this came up

" />

Genuine - and free - pre-Christmas entertainment, PeterMac!  yes

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by woodforthetrees on 17.12.14 13:34

@PeterMac wrote:I have just checked, and this came up

" />

Ha ha! Like it.

Maybe his reason for coming to the forum is to gain some financial support from any willing coffers, to help fund his jolly to Rio?!?

Personally i believe he's just a pro McCann repeating an old story to try and keep the 'she was abducted' tosh going for as long as possible, to keep the cash rolling in for all involved.

You don't 'abduct' a deceased body, you 'dispose of' it. PJ know that, the Met know that, SY know that, the McCanns and the Tapas know that and Eddie and Keela certainly know that.

woodforthetrees

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 17.12.14 13:37

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++

FROM ******* *****

Best,

Odd. Not an investigator but approached to help, not an investigator but following lines of enquiry? Not an investigator but '7 years on the case'.

Do you know the McCann's or their associates Mapleleaf? who asked you to help?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming on 17.12.14 13:42

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++

FROM ******* *****

Best,

Tony,

Just out of curiosity, did this (not a) crank withhold their phone number when they rang you ?

Jamming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletLaw on 17.12.14 13:59

@ChippyM wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++

FROM ******* *****

Best,

Odd. Not an investigator but approached to help, not an investigator but following lines of enquiry? Not an investigator but '7 years on the case'.

Do you know the McCann's or their associates Mapleleaf? who asked you to help?

These weeks leading up to the libel case conclusion are the most critical for the McCanns. If it does go in favour of the Inspector then the papers, now shackled by the threat of Carter Ruck, are going to have a field day by printing excerpts of the book and things he's said in interviews. The papers comment boxes (hopefully) will be flooded with you guys interpretations of the misleading facts in this case. So it makes sense that Clarence is going to have people spreading around other stories that puts doubts in everyone minds that they could be wrong about the familys' involvement. These planted stories about abductions are going to be heated up for sure between now and Feb-March. Throughout this case there's been one remit alone, muddy the waters as much as possible. This is the reason the case (at this time) is so confusing in getting a safe prosecution. From Janes' crazy abductor story, and the consequential different media leaks about it afterwards with the constant updated changes in physical descriptions, through to the mass of different sightings that pop up all over the place. It's all designed to make it such a spaghetti mess that no one can see the woods for the trees.

ScarletLaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 17.12.14 14:09

For the last 24 hours I was awaiting joyfully for more story on this saga and this Yuletide clown is still singing the same song to keep us entertained.

It's one of those "Oh Lordy" moments !

So.......the abductor's brother went to see the Leicestershire Police back in 2007, yet the abductor is still at large nearly 8 years later ?  Did the LP Police not think to ask "the brother": "well....where is your brother"? 

Don't be gullible .....it's just a load of bullocks!
 ML probably got paid christmas bonus by TM to play a practical joke on this forum. Like a naughty child who comes, presses the doorbell, then run away to hide around the corner waiting to see how the occupier will react...open the door or not open the door...poke head out or not poke head out ....and also to see which stupid idiot lives behind the door. 

It's a prank and the prankster rejoices he isn't spotted in his hiding corner yet.

I await the next episode....... big grin   

"BEWARE OF DOGS" on the window might be handy !  
 They don't like dogs, especially notoriously unreliable ones that can out them in a sniffy.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat on 17.12.14 14:19

agree

deafoldbat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: