The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel trial summing up - daily mail

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel trial summing up - daily mail

Post by Realist on 23.12.14 17:56

@PeterMac wrote:
TB is the most courageous .  Whether you agree, disagree, whether you think X, or Y, or Z,  the fact remains that almost alone in this case . . .
He does not hid behind pseudonyms, his personal details, including his home address, telephone and everything else are on display

That is precisely why the McCanns decided to pick on him, along with his proven track record of nuisance value in the Barrymore case. I'm guessing that Tony had an unencumbered property registered in his name, had he not done so, the McCann's lawyers wouldn't have given him a second thought.

Unfortunately for Tony, even if the McCanns are ever convicted for fraud, he won't see a brass cent of the money that's been confiscated from him, because all of the McCann's remaining assets would be swallowed up by the state and lawyers under the 2002 POCA(Proceeds of Crime Act.)

Realist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.12.14 18:17

Well today has been the Christmas Message from on high...and on 31st of this month will be the Limited Company accounts (which haven't always been filed on time).

The accounts will be very interesting this year.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 23.12.14 21:56

Wasn't Dr Amaral's dog also viciously beaten to death too?

"He deserves to be miserable and feel fear"
Kate McCann

So, Kate, at what point will you feel that you have fulfilled that desire, Oh Paragon of Catholic virtue? Just wondered

It isn't even a 'libel' trial. Where is the libel in restating the findings of the police investigation? But I have an awful feeling it has been rigged in favour of the usual non-suspects.

In my opinion.

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 24.12.14 4:08

@Brian Griffin wrote:Wasn't Dr Amaral's dog also viciously beaten to death too?

Kate McCann

So, Kate, at what point will you feel that you have fulfilled that desire, Oh Paragon of Catholic virtue? Just wondered

It isn't even a 'libel' trial. Where is the libel in restating the findings of the police investigation? But I have an awful feeling it has been rigged in favour of the usual non-suspects.

In my opinion.
Yes the dog was killed. Maybe some kind of warning or a payback?  Was a nephew or someone in their family shot or something, because i remember reading about it but couldn't find where i had read about it?
I really hope the Portugese aren't playing by the McCann playbook in the damages Trial.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.12.14 11:16

@Joss wrote:
@Brian Griffin wrote:Wasn't Dr Amaral's dog also viciously beaten to death too?

Kate McCann

In my opinion.
Yes the dog was killed. Maybe some kind of warning or a payback?  Was a nephew or someone in their family shot or something, because i remember reading about it but couldn't find where i had read about it?
I really hope the Portugese aren't playing by the McCann playbook in the damages Trial.
I am sharing your hope.
parapono

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.12.14 12:33

Just 'thinking' (outside the 'box')

Where does it leave, and what 'happens' if either of the 'protaganists', contesting the libel case, and God forbid, none will, 'die' BEFORE a formal 'verdict' is 'pronounced' by the Judge, in February, 2015?

Anyone know what 'happens', then?

'dead' people can't 'appeal', obviously.

Just 'asking' that's all.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 24.12.14 13:21

@Realist wrote:
@Joss wrote:
I agree, and i don't think someone would be able to plead poverty in such a case because that can easily be checked out. I would imagine all income & assets would have to be declared before the Court can establish what type of penalty to inflict upon a person. From what i read about Mr. Amaral's predicament he had to survive on half of his pension. All his assets were frozen and remain so to date, i think until this whole fiasco is sorted out by the Judge.

How many people who file for bankrupcy are genuinely skint, as opposed to those who file to avoid paying their debts? Have you ever heard of 'Pheonix' companies.
That could well be for people that aren't going through the courts accused and charged with libel and can't pay their debts. But wherever there is an ongoing court case for someone being sued for libel, i think all that kind of stuff might be investigated before any action against the person is taken, and if Mr. Amaral declared bankruptcy or went through a phoenix co., whatever that is, and is there such a company in Portugal?, and if he was successful with that, then he surely wouldn't be being sued by the McCScam's if there was nothing in it for them. I also don't think he would of been able to hide any income from the sales of his book because it was all out there in the public domain. And with the family property/home, they would know that too.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.12.14 14:36

I also don't think he would of been able to hide any income from the sales of his book because it was all out there in the public domain. And with the family property/home, they would know that too.
-----------------------------------

AS he and the OTHER 'defendants' would 'know' theirs! winkwink

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 24.12.14 15:18

@jeanmonroe wrote:I also don't think he would of been able to hide any income from the sales of his book because it was all out there in the public domain. And with the family property/home, they would know that too.
-----------------------------------

AS he and the OTHER 'defendants' would 'know' theirs! winkwink
smilie

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 24.12.14 18:21

@Joss wrote:
 I also don't think he would of been able to hide any income from the sales of his book because it was all out there in the public domain. And with the family property/home, they would know that too.

That's correct, he wouldn't have been able to hide the income from his book, but it wasn't fortunes and would have accumulated over a period of time. He could easily have accounted for most of it being spent on day to day living expenses, whilst placing the proceeds somewhere that doesn't show up on gov. agency computer screens.

I'm not suggesting this is what occurred, but its certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. When I was made bankrupt in 1993, I presented to the receivers a Building Society book which contained £19, but I had at the time, two properties that weren't in my name and a substantial sized deposit box at Selfridges which of course , also wasn't in my name. I appreciate that with the Big Brother surveillance society of today, backed up with the POCA, its difficult to even buy a second hand car without providing identification and proof of where the money  came from, but there are still ways to conceal assets, the crudest perhaps being, getting yourself a shovel. big grin

Realist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum