The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns 'no show

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns 'no show

Post by woodforthetrees on 10.12.14 10:51

According to twitter, the McCanns haven't turned up at court today.

IMO a clear sign that they know they will lose the case now, but also ensures they are not on Portuguese soil whilst SY are there questioning 'witnesses'!!


This is good news in my book!

woodforthetrees

Posts : 270
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 10.12.14 10:57

As per usual, everyone else can put in the time and the expense……. but I think the judge during the last rounds couldn't much be bothered with the McCanns or their witnesses if the transcripts were anything to go by

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by ultimaThule on 10.12.14 11:28

I wish I could share your optimism, wftt, but today's proceedings are for the hearing of closing arguments and there is no legal requirement for the McCanns to be present. Fwiw, when the judge's decision is handed down I would expect the loser(s) to announce that they will appeal the verdict.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by woodforthetrees on 10.12.14 11:52

@ultimaThule wrote:I wish I could share your optimism, wftt, but today's proceedings are for the hearing of closing arguments and there is no legal requirement for the McCanns to be present.   Fwiw, when the judge's decision is handed down I would expect the loser(s) to announce that they will appeal the verdict.  


Yes, i too fully expect an appeal, to keep Amarals assets frozen, sell more papers and put more spin out there and ultimately keep the charade going! £££££££

woodforthetrees

Posts : 270
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by jeanmonroe on 10.12.14 12:27

Is it the same Judge, Maria Emília de Melo e Castro. 'hearing' the final legal arguments?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by Doug D on 10.12.14 12:33

Anne Guedes posted 'same judge'.

Doug D

Posts : 2147
Reputation : 639
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by JackieL on 10.12.14 12:45

@Doug D wrote:Anne Guedes posted 'same judge'.

Hi Doug - please could you tell us where Anne Guedes is posting?  Many thx. J.

JackieL

Posts : 221
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by aquila on 10.12.14 12:49

Is Dr Amaral present in court?

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by NickE on 10.12.14 13:41


  • message from Astro:
    "Ended. Jan 21st for reading of proven facts. Not verdict yet. Will update later" 
       


____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by Doug D on 10.12.14 13:50

Anne & Astro reports/comments can be found on:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/AnneGuedes.htm

Doug D

Posts : 2147
Reputation : 639
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by ultimaThule on 10.12.14 18:51

@woodforthetrees wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:I wish I could share your optimism, wftt, but today's proceedings are for the hearing of closing arguments and there is no legal requirement for the McCanns to be present.   Fwiw, when the judge's decision is handed down I would expect the loser(s) to announce that they will appeal the verdict.  

Yes, i too fully expect an appeal, to keep Amarals assets frozen, sell more papers and put more spin out there and ultimately keep the charade going! £££££££

Having found no reference elsewhere on this site relating to an appeal of the eventual verdict, it appears our 'predictions', which should more properly be termed 'expectations', have been mentioned in despatches on the twitter feed of she who chooses to believe that the behaviour of others is ordered in conformity with her distinctly suburban mindset, wftt big grin

Cristobell Author @RosalindaHu · 4h 4 hours ago

Jill Haverns predict #mccanns will appeal - I don't, they wanted to withdraw from this trial. #noevidenceandwitnesses
0 replies . 0 retweets 0 favourites

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by NickE on 10.12.14 19:09

All in all it went very well, in my opinion. Some excellent points were made by the defence lawyers after Dr Ricardo spoke for almost two hours.
But first, a little detail that escaped me until today: Isabel Duarte is the lawyer for the McCann couple while Dr Ricardo is the lawyer for the children. 

What does this mean? It means that we were going to be subject to allegations by Isabel for 1.5 hours and allegations by Ricardo for another 1.5 hours. 

Isabel wasn't able to attend today's session, which means we only had to go through one half speeches. Still, Ricardo had to cut his allegations short by what I estimate was one-third as he ran out of time and the judge had to cut him short.
We got a different court room today, not the usual one. This one was less freezing... And on the wall, just above the judge, this quote: "A injustiça feita a um é ameaça para todos". Injustice done to one [person] is a threat to everyone.

 
The next session takes place on the 21st of January 2015.....................................
..............................................
Read more
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/92dec14/Astro_10_12_2014.htm

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by aiyoyo on 10.12.14 19:19


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by aiyoyo on 10.12.14 19:19

@aquila wrote:Is Dr Amaral present in court?

With thanks to Joana Morais for this posting on her blog

"Same judge"

All in all it went very well, in my opinion. Some excellent points were made by the defence lawyers after Dr Ricardo spoke for almost two hours.

But first, a little detail that escaped me until today: Isabel Duarte is the lawyer for the McCann couple while Dr Ricardo is the lawyer for the children. 

What does this mean? It means that we were going to be subject to allegations by Isabel for 1.5 hours and allegations by Ricardo for another 1.5 hours. 

Isabel wasn't able to attend today's session, which means we only had to go through one half speeches. Still, Ricardo had to cut his allegations short by what I estimate was one-third as he ran out of time and the judge had to cut him short.

We got a different court room today, not the usual one. This one was less freezing... And on the wall, just above the judge, this quote: "A injustiça feita a um é ameaça para todos". Injustice done to one [person] is a threat to everyone.[/size]
 
The next session takes place on the 21st of January 2015.
 
It will serve the purpose of the judge reading out what has been established as "matéria de facto" by the court. So potentially we may sense from what she will see as proved, or not, where the verdict may be going. But it will be only speculation... although I foresee an interesting discussion afterwards.
 
Then we start counting 30 days that the McCanns have to produce the document from the High Court judge in London that will certify that they are allowed to represent Madeleine. We think that although they may have the document already, they will let this period run to the end to gain time. But of course they could produce the document before the 30 days run out.
 
Then all lawyers have 10 days to hand in their "alegações de direito" which are written allegations about specific aspects of the law, as for example if the book's existence is illegal or not. And this potentially brings us to early March. So potentially we may have a verdict in March... or later. 

If they don't produce the document that enables them to represent Madeleine, only the part of the case that relates to her is thrown out. Everything else goes on.

Strange ID didn't show up.  Maybe run out of strategy to deflect the other side.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by JackieL on 10.12.14 19:20

@Doug D wrote:Anne & Astro reports/comments can be found on:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/AnneGuedes.htm

Many thanks Doug and Aiyoyo!!   clapping

Ahh, beautiful photo of Brenda on there.  RIP

JackieL

Posts : 221
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by notlongnow on 10.12.14 19:22

Is this the slowest trial ever? Rolling Eyes

notlongnow

Posts : 481
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by aiyoyo on 10.12.14 20:08

@notlongnow wrote:Is this the slowest trial ever? Rolling Eyes

Evidently so, even by Portugal snailpace standard.
The Plaintiff side is dragging it out, trying to postpone today's session with ID not showing up today and the Mcs complaint about the final allegations.  All signs they're anticipating a crashing defeat and trying to buy time to plan rescue strategy.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by Okeydokey on 10.12.14 20:19

@aiyoyo wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:Is this the slowest trial ever? Rolling Eyes

Evidently so, even by Portugal snailpace standard.
The Plaintiff side is dragging it out, trying to postpone today's session with ID not showing up today and the Mcs complaint about the final allegations.  All signs they're anticipating a crashing defeat and trying to buy time to plan rescue strategy.

I thought British justice was unbearably slow - until we see the Portugese system in play. Absolutely scandalous!


Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by plebgate on 10.12.14 20:29

Was the court told why their solicitor did not turn up.   Was she ill?   A very important thing IMO for your solicitor to turn up and present legal argument on your behalf?

Just read on a different thread that she was attending another court case apparently but is able to give written argument.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by tiny on 11.12.14 8:06

From the MCF.


He added that the investigation deviated from any objectivity and that the British police, Martin Grime and Mark Harrison realised this and feared that the McCanns were going to be subject to an impulsive, unfounded making of arguidos.

He also recalled that Stuart Prior was "very worried" when he met with the PJ on the fourth of september, just days before the McCanns were made arguidos. And that he was worried because he knew it was wrong to accuse them of anything because there was no evidence and the DNA reports were being misread, for the PJ's convenience.


Whats all this about,i know the mccanns and call me stu were very friendly,but Martin Grime and Mark Harrison had concerns too?

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by woodforthetrees on 11.12.14 14:21

Or (IMO) the McCanns have run out of cash to pay her to attend!! thumbsup

woodforthetrees

Posts : 270
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by By Numbers on 11.12.14 18:31

@tiny wrote:From the MCF.


He added that the investigation deviated from any objectivity and that the British police, Martin Grime and Mark Harrison realised this and feared that the McCanns were going to be subject to an impulsive, unfounded making of arguidos.

He also recalled that Stuart Prior was "very worried" when he met with the PJ on the fourth of september, just days before the McCanns were made arguidos. And that he was worried because he knew it was wrong to accuse them of anything because there was no evidence and the DNA reports were being misread, for the PJ's convenience.


Whats all this about,i know the mccanns and call me stu were very friendly,but Martin Grime and Mark Harrison had concerns too?

I suspect this is a lie. A factor that appears to have worked well is the suggestion that the Portuguese are persecuting the McCanns, and it seems to stop people in the UK asking as many questions. Mark Harrison and Martin Grime create doubts over whether this is a miscarriage of justice based on nationality, and both of their findings give credibility to the McCanns' involvement in their daughter's disappearance and likely death. 

Perhaps Gerry McCann can clear up what he discussed with Martin Grime's boss, when he went to visit him, as he appears to have forgotten to mention this meeting to anyone at all. It was probably just a chat about how worried Martin was that his unbelievably reliable dogs might play a part in the PJ's nefarious scheme to frame the fragrant parents.

By Numbers

Posts : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by Gaggzy on 12.12.14 9:41

@By Numbers wrote:
@tiny wrote:From the MCF.


He added that the investigation deviated from any objectivity and that the British police, Martin Grime and Mark Harrison realised this and feared that the McCanns were going to be subject to an impulsive, unfounded making of arguidos.

He also recalled that Stuart Prior was "very worried" when he met with the PJ on the fourth of september, just days before the McCanns were made arguidos. And that he was worried because he knew it was wrong to accuse them of anything because there was no evidence and the DNA reports were being misread, for the PJ's convenience.


Whats all this about,i know the mccanns and call me stu were very friendly,but Martin Grime and Mark Harrison had concerns too?

I suspect this is a lie. A factor that appears to have worked well is the suggestion that the Portuguese are persecuting the McCanns, and it seems to stop people in the UK asking as many questions. Mark Harrison and Martin Grime create doubts over whether this is a miscarriage of justice based on nationality, and both of their findings give credibility to the McCanns' involvement in their daughter's disappearance and likely death. 

Perhaps Gerry McCann can clear up what he discussed with Martin Grime's boss, when he went to visit him, as he appears to have forgotten to mention this meeting to anyone at all. It was probably just a chat about how worried Martin was that his unbelievably reliable dogs might play a part in the PJ's nefarious scheme to frame the fragrant parents.

When was this 'meeting?'

Can you provide a link for this?

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by By Numbers on 12.12.14 13:15

@Gaggzy wrote:


When was this 'meeting?'

Can you provide a link for this?
I inferred from Martin's Statement that it was a face-to-face meeting, but, rereading it, it could equally have been something such as a telephone conversation. Either way, no mention ever seems to have been made of this by Gerry McCann (nor Clarence Mitchell):

"'At any time, did Gerald McCann address, either in Portugal or the United Kingdom, the performance of the dogs in this case'

I never met nor spoken to Gerald McCann. However, I do know that he addressed my head supervisor at the time, the South Yorkshire Head of Police, or Mr. Meredith Hughes."








In light of what the McCanns' lawyer said, it might also be worth drawing attention to this further comment, with the same statement:


"In this case, for example, not all the alert signals have been investigated by the appropriate agencies in order to provide forensic comparations, in spite of indications to the contrary. It also should be taken into account that the procedures for forensic testing are still less discriminating than the system of dogs' smell." 

By Numbers

Posts : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns 'no show

Post by Gaggzy on 12.12.14 15:56

@By Numbers wrote:
@Gaggzy wrote:


When was this 'meeting?'

Can you provide a link for this?
I inferred from Martin's Statement that it was a face-to-face meeting, but, rereading it, it could equally have been something such as a telephone conversation. Either way, no mention ever seems to have been made of this by Gerry McCann (nor Clarence Mitchell):

"'At any time, did Gerald McCann address, either in Portugal or the United Kingdom, the performance of the dogs in this case'

I never met nor spoken to Gerald McCann. However, I do know that he addressed my head supervisor at the time, the South Yorkshire Head of Police, or Mr. Meredith Hughes."








In light of what the McCanns' lawyer said, it might also be worth drawing attention to this further comment, with the same statement:


"In this case, for example, not all the alert signals have been investigated by the appropriate agencies in order to provide forensic comparations, in spite of indications to the contrary. It also should be taken into account that the procedures for forensic testing are still less discriminating than the system of dogs' smell." 

Thanks for that.

It doesn't surprise me that Jelly McCann would keep a conversation such as that one a secret.

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum