The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Blacksmith

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blacksmith

Post by PeterMac on 06.12.14 10:45

@ultimaThule wrote:
I venture to suggest that if Brenda had been been in possession of a pack of feral dogs and a shotgun it's highly unlikely Brunt would have turned up on her doorstep and, furthermore, if Brenda had been a Brendan he wouldn't have ventured anywhere near Burton Overy, with or without a cameraman, PeterM..
Quite so. Someone had done the research. Someone knew there was not a mentally unstable husband in possession of a shotgun on the premises . . .
It would be lovely to see the tables turned.
Perhaps someone at the inquest will do whatever is necessary outside !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 06.12.14 12:19

@scrants wrote:I know Blacksmith is persona non grata but this is interesting.
Anyone know who Christine Callan is?

I've got a very distant memory, right back from the very beginning of this saga...

I seem to recall that Mrs McCann asked if a 'very nice lady' she had met at the pool, after Madeleine had been 'taken', would come forward as she would like to be in contact with her.

Wonder if that lady ever did come forward. Could she be Christine Callan?

I haven't had time to read this thread properly and don't know if the question regarding this lady has been answered or not. Anyway, can anyone else remember Mrs McCann asking for a woman to come forward? Perhaps I just imagined it.

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.12.14 13:23

@Woofer wrote:Wonder if Christine Callan is the tourist who saw a man carrying a child while talking on his phone in English?

"The description given by a British holidaymaker coincides with one of the suspects who lives nearby.  The woman saw him speaking in English on the phone, as he passed, carrying the child in his arms."

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/06/phone-calls-frame-maddie-kidnappers.html

Whatever, Christine Callan must be living in Portugal now otherwise SY wouldn`t be interviewing her there.

There is a Paul Callan, who writes for the Mirror. There is also another member of the family with the name Christine Callan. I'll leave the rest to you budding sleuths thumbsup

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 06.12.14 15:19

As none of us were aware of Christine Callan that leaves only so many options:-

Her original statement was held back on the release of the PJ files, something new has come to light connected to her or ?

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.14 15:25

@sallypelt wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Wonder if Christine Callan is the tourist who saw a man carrying a child while talking on his phone in English?

"The description given by a British holidaymaker coincides with one of the suspects who lives nearby.  The woman saw him speaking in English on the phone, as he passed, carrying the child in his arms."

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/06/phone-calls-frame-maddie-kidnappers.html

Whatever, Christine Callan must be living in Portugal now otherwise SY wouldn`t be interviewing her there.

There is a Paul Callan, who writes for the Mirror. There is also another member of the family with the name Christine Callan. I'll leave the rest to you budding sleuths thumbsup

sallypelt, any more clues?  Been searching and finding nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 06.12.14 15:39

@j.rob wrote:Still, this is what the Portuguese police think:

Mrs Cooper, 50, of Newark, Nottinghamshire, said she saw the man three times, once when he was hanging around a children's beach outing.
Portuguese police have dismissed her sightings and the e-fit as having "no credibility" and say the McCanns are using them as a "diversion tactic".
They remain convinced Madeleine died last May 3 and that her parents were involved in her disappearance. Mr and Mrs McCann, of Rothley, are still official suspects in the case.

--------

I wonder why they think she died on 3rd May specifically? What sort of evidence would have lead them to the conclusion that it was the 3rd of May rather than earlier than that, say? 

Because Amaral was convinced that the last sightings of Madeleine (by people other than the Tapas group) were on 3 rd May

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.12.14 15:46

@PeterMac wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
I venture to suggest that if Brenda had been been in possession of a pack of feral dogs and a shotgun it's highly unlikely Brunt would have turned up on her doorstep and, furthermore, if Brenda had been a Brendan he wouldn't have ventured anywhere near Burton Overy, with or without a cameraman, PeterM..
Quite so. Someone had done the research. Someone knew there was not a mentally unstable husband in possession of a shotgun on the premises . . .
It would be lovely to see the tables turned.
Perhaps someone at the inquest will do whatever is necessary outside !

As the McCanns' have had considerably more sympathy than they rightfully deserve, hopefully not with a pack of feral dogs and a shotgun, PeterM, but perhaps an intrepid hack who toils for a rival press baron will take it into their head to doorstep Brunt, the McCanns, Ms Fat Ankles, or the 'source' of all lies, when the inquest verdict is announced or shortly thereafter? .

By way of a diversionary tactic, the McCanns' 'dossier of death' initially appeared to have met with some success but, as with any plan conceived by a flawed mind, all they've achieved is to score another spectacular own goal while those who did their dirty work have ensured they now have blood on their hands.  

Nice one, Gezza - got any more like that in the pipeline?

PS for TM monitors only: if your paymasters are giving consideration to parking their bums on more celebrity sofas in order to spout platitudes to the effect that Margaret Madeleine can't be held responsible for the uncertain mental health of some poor folk, I suggest you advise them that any such ploy will be akin to their telling it to the Marines.

And, fwiw, you should also be aware that the thoroughness of Op Grange has ensured that every single one of you has been identified and, regardless of whether or not you see the inside of a dock, the time will come when your name will be made public in much the same manner as Ms Leyland had to endure.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.14 15:50

Ladyinred wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

sallypelt, any more clues?  Been searching and finding nothing!

There's a Christine Harrison-Callan being mentioned on the twitter feed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.14 15:51

Just Google 'Christine Callan'

Around fifth down the FB list you'll find a Christine Callan, from Hamilton, Scotland, who has a yellow retriever called Maddie

Coincidence.

Maybe AR/SY as a parting shot googled the name Maddie intending to hear as suspects all & everyone connected to that very name?
Surely, the NSA computer network could easily do the trick?

But to extend the search to DOGS?

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 06.12.14 16:05

The latest from Blacksmith:

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.pt/

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by String on 06.12.14 16:21

@Portia wrote:Just Google 'Christine Callan'

Around fifth down the FB list you'll find a Christine Callan, from Hamilton, Scotland, who has a yellow retriever called Maddie

Coincidence.

Maybe AR/SY as a parting shot googled the name Maddie intending to hear as suspects all & everyone connected to that very name?

But to extend the search to DOGS?
She lives in Lagos.

String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 06.12.14 16:30

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@j.rob wrote:Still, this is what the Portuguese police think:

Mrs Cooper, 50, of Newark, Nottinghamshire, said she saw the man three times, once when he was hanging around a children's beach outing.
Portuguese police have dismissed her sightings and the e-fit as having "no credibility" and say the McCanns are using them as a "diversion tactic".
They remain convinced Madeleine died last May 3 and that her parents were involved in her disappearance. Mr and Mrs McCann, of Rothley, are still official suspects in the case.

--------

I wonder why they think she died on 3rd May specifically? What sort of evidence would have lead them to the conclusion that it was the 3rd of May rather than earlier than that, say? 

Because Amaral was convinced that the last sightings of Madeleine (by people other than the Tapas group) were on 3 rd May

I think there is a possibility that the girl everyone saw that week was a substitute and they assumed it was Madeleine.

Surely some parents would have pictures of the group "Madeleine" was in that week and the PJ could determine whether it was really Madeleine. There were short trips out so no prob with taking pictures. I always had lots of pics of my children on holiday. Coupled with this line of enquiry and the creche register scribbling, theories could be ruled in or out...not starting on the Thursday when the horse may well have bolted. The wrong zero point imo.

Just think if Madeleine was put to bed and the parents went out, how did cadaver odour get on Kate's clothes and the rental car if there was an abductor???
Madeleine must have died before 8.30pm on the Thursday and I think it was either the Saturday night or Sunday. We can't assume Madeleine was alive on the Monday without proof.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.14 16:48

[quote="String"][quote="Portia"]Just Google 'Christine Callan'

Coincidence.

But to extend the search to DOGS?[/quote]
She lives in Lagos.[/quote]

??
Her FB is almost empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 06.12.14 17:30

I can only find a Laura Harrison-Callan living in Lagos - probably her daughter.
Thanks Blacksmith - and yes, I will try and pull myself together.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.12.14 17:32

sally66 wrote:As none of us were aware of Christine Callan that leaves only so many options:-

Her original statement was held back on the release of the PJ files, something new has come to light connected to her or ?

Can't be.
No indication any statement was held back.  She'd escaped their radar and they'd missed her in the prelim rounds.  Guessing she was outed from phone forensics connected to one of the six on the 7-people list.  
Also purely guessing here, she's probably property agent known to RM and/or the other Brit-man on the list.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted on 06.12.14 19:11

Anyone seen a photo of Mr Green?

twisted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen Mr Green...?

Post by missbeetle on 06.12.14 19:20

@twisted wrote:Anyone seen a photo of Mr Green?

I've come across a Michael Green in the Algarve who seems to be around the right age - early 50s?

He plays the harmonica and is originally from Leicester.

Could this be the fellow about to be questioned?

I'm still none the wiser regarding Christine Callan, though.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.12.14 19:26

There's information on a Michael ANTHONY Green here:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id239.html

It also states that some information on Michael A Green has been withheld

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The mysterious Mr M.A. Green...

Post by missbeetle on 06.12.14 19:48

Snips taken from Detective Google yesterday :

and :

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.14 20:02

@missbeetle wrote:Snips taken from Detective Google yesterday :

and :

The passing reference to Barrington Norton is noted - I always thought he was a very interesting individual with regard to this case. Possibly a significant witness, if nothing else.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 06.12.14 20:54

Found this.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaSteelMan on 06.12.14 21:05

@NickE wrote:Found this.

Yes this is by @synonymph :) 

DaSteelMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.14 21:22

Thanks, NickE.  So Christine is possibly known as Laura?  Laura has her own sewing/craft business in Portugal. She has a child.

Hi to DaSteelMan.  I read your tweets on the feed here - would be good if you posted on the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.12.14 21:26

Ladyinred wrote:Thanks, NickE.  So Christine is possibly known as Laura?  Laura has her own sewing/craft business in Portugal. She has a child.

Hi to DaSteelMan.  I read your tweets on the feed here - would be good if you posted on the forum.
Laura Harrison Callan was educated in Scotland, at a place called Kinloch Rannoch. She now lives in Lagos, and works as a chef there. I don't know if this is the same Laura that others are referring to.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL on 06.12.14 22:50

@Montclair wrote:The latest from Blacksmith:

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.p

Despite everything I must say I do love Blacksmith's blogs, but sometimes he is SUCH a pompous arse.
never mind

JackieL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum