The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

New DCI

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by Bishop Brennan on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:54 am

@PeterMac wrote:
...

But I fully agree about the poisoned Chalice aspect of the case.

Smash it, or don't touch it !

On the other hand, if she (or anyone) were to solve it - not just with a dead patsy or vague unfindable sex-offender - the kudos would be unparalleled. From Poisoned Chalice to Holy Grail perhaps?

On the other hand, it might be a Hot Potato and her task is simply to consign it to the bin once and for all.

Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by PeterMac on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:59 am

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
On the other hand, if she (or anyone) were to solve it - not just with a dead patsy or vague unfindable sex-offender - the kudos would be unparalleled.  From Poisoned Chalice to Holy Grail perhaps?  
On the other hand, it might be a Hot Potato and her task is simply to consign it to the bin once and for all.    

It could indeed be the Promotion case for her. Her name would be known across the world but for reasons other than why Redwood's is going to be remembered.
She surely can't keep it going for another 5 years, and if she can't crack it, we are left with the question
How is she going to close it down ?
What is the exit strategy ?
Although there is no official "Archiving Report" in English law, there is certainly a full roll up of "where we are up to" just in case someone wants to do a Cold Case review at a later date.

And there would also be a Review of the case within a year or so, by a totally independent team, ensring nothing had been missed , , ,
and so it goes on.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by jeanmonroe on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 pm

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:


Oh, yes, and everyone hates you, because you are blocking the promotion ladder.

Brilliant PeterMac :)

EX (sadly) DCI DRISCOLL: " what is corruption?, i mean is corruption going behind a pub somewhere and getting an envelope full of 50 quid notes and thats corruption, or is corruption that you don't go down a certain path, you don't follow a certain inquiry, and therefore YOU MAKE SOMEONE VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THAT INQUIRY and THEREFORE, YOUR NEXT PROMOTION IS EASIER FOR YOU? Your CV looks a bit more glamourous by the time you finish your career and at the end of your pension you could have earnt considerably more than what you'd ever stuff in an envelope so what is corruption...."

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by aquila on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:46 pm

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:


Oh, yes, and everyone hates you, because you are blocking the promotion ladder.

Brilliant PeterMac :)

EX (sadly) DCI DRISCOLL: " what is corruption?, i mean is corruption going behind a pub somewhere and getting an envelope full of 50 quid notes and thats corruption, or is corruption that you don't go down a certain path, you don't follow a certain inquiry, and therefore YOU MAKE SOMEONE VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THAT INQUIRY and THEREFORE, YOUR NEXT PROMOTION IS EASIER FOR YOU?  Your CV looks a bit more glamourous by the time you finish your career and at the end of your pension you could have earnt considerably more than what you'd ever stuff in an envelope so what is corruption...."
Just remind me why Leicestershire Police introduced the extraordinary measures of having their officers sign special confidentiality agreements.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Notice there's no welcoming message from the pair to this new girl, DCI Nick Wall.
Dare we think they're not buoyed by her coming on board ?


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by jeanmonroe on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Lest we 'forget'

DCI 'nick, nick' Wall's ulitimate, BIG 'BOSS' is BHH.

The same BHH who associated himself, when Chief Constable of Merseyside, with a 'fund raising' balloon 'launch' at Moseley Hill, Liverpool, with all 'proceeds' raised going directly to Madeleine's Fund: A registered PRIVATE company, on whose board of directors, sit K&G McCann.

A Chief Constable, now Metropolitan Police Commissioner, DCI 'nick, nick's' BOSS, that 'raised' funds for two people that were later arguidoed under Portuguese Law.

Guess, we'll soon 'know' which way 'the wind blows' on DCI 'nick nick's' erm, 'watch', won't we?

Makes you 'WONDER', dosen't it?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by DaSteelMan on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Wow, so much negatice pessimism - although I can kind of understand this.

We have known from at least June that DCI Redwood was retiring at the end of this year and that is what he is doing. Reasons could be and probably is entirely personal and family related (like lots of people when they retire)

I don't see the problem of handing the baton on to DCI Wall - there is nothing in her history to suggest otherwise.

I don't see how Sir BHH's brief association with a balloon launch from years ago is a cause for concern ... just my 2 cents

DaSteelMan

Posts : 49
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by PeterMac on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:30 pm

@DaSteelMan wrote:Wow, so much negative pessimism - Does that make it Optimism    Mr

. . .
I don't see how Sir BHH's brief association with a balloon launch from years ago is a cause for concern ... just my 2 cents
BHH association with the balloons was always extremely suspect.   Doing things for Charity, or to support things happening in the local community is one thing - I did several focused usually on Nottingham Forest or County football grounds, out of season, - but putting your name and rank to an event which ultimately was all about private fund raising, and involved an allegedly missing child should have caused him, or his advisors, to stand back.
It is a question of the most senior person in the organisation getting involved.   If a junior one does so, there can always subsequently  discipline, advice, training needs identified, apology on behalf of .. .  and so on
Once the Chief has put himself in that position the people concerned may feel they now have GOT him.

The whole story in Notts involving Operation Diamondback and DStA Francis, has to be done because the Chief and the Chief Exec of the City Council were hand in glove with F, who was dealing huge amounts of drugs through the very Youth Clubs that they kept saying were such a vital part of community life.  And visiting, and being photographed with.  We knew.  We advised.  They didn't listen.
Eventually the MP admitted publicly "The Police were right, and I was wrong."

So for that reason alone I think it was inappropriate for a Chief to get involved.  Just as it was always inappropriate for Prior to be on such intimate terms.
The McCanns own him.  They may even believe they own Redwood.
Nick-Nick may be different.  With luck

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:06 pm

@PeterMac wrote:
Nick-Nick may be different.  With luck


With luck, we may soon have breaking news -

Kate and Gerry McCann were nicked by DCI Nick .......

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by popsy on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:09 pm

@PeterMac
IIRC there was just one newspaper article to announce  BHH and his launch of "1,000 balloons". Never to be heard about again. Correct me, if I'm wrong smilie

popsy

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:15 pm

There isn't any confirmed indication he did in fact attend or not the launch of the Balloons although his name was linked to it. Even if he did not attend, it was bad enough for his name to be linked to it, unless the Press made it up without basis from any source.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by popsy on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Again, IIRC, it was in the end someone from his office who attended, with Pa & Ma Healy present, and not nearly 100 balloons ...
After dinner, I'll see if I can find that again.
It's a minor detail, but then the devil is in the detail and I don't like seeing people painted by a brush, which doesn't  have the right colour winkwink

popsy

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by Bishop Brennan on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:53 am

Pat Brown has just posted her views on the recent DCI Wall appointment. She's doesn't seem to rate her chances of doing anything other than continuing where Redwood left off. Here's her blog entry:

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-not-to-commit-career-suicide.html

She's about as far from TextUSA's theory of 'ever decreasing circles' as it's possible to get.


Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by DaSteelMan on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:07 am

I disagree with Pat Brown, her views are always based on unfounded oppinion

DaSteelMan

Posts : 49
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by whatsupdoc on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:23 am

I agree with Pat Brown. Thank goodness for clear thinkers and people who are not controlled like puppets which is what we have in the UK.

I can't see the new DCI having a free rein to crack the case. All the lies will continue to be forced down upon us.

I don't know what was agreed at the Lisbon Treaty with Gordon Brown but only Portugal can make a difference to the McCann case.

whatsupdoc

Posts : 527
Reputation : 264
Join date : 2011-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by Bishop Brennan on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 am

And I fear she may be correct in her analysis. She's been pretty accurate so far.


Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by deafoldbat on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:06 am

Pat Brown has a strong link with Snr. Amaral, has been with him in Portugal and to the 'scene of the crime'; although I don't agree with all her theories, she is certainly better qualifies in many ways than I am to speculate on the case. (Which is all anyone can do except those who were there on the night!)

IMHO

deafoldbat

Posts : 85
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-05-19
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by DaSteelMan on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:58 am

I believe Pat Brown has been far from correct in her blogs. Just unfounded moans & groans.

I also think there is an unwarrented agenda against DCI Redwood and SY by herself and a few others.

I believe because Pat has an allegience to Amaral, she believes that it should be him cracking the case. I don't blame her for that opinion, however I do think she shouldn't take it out on DCI Redwood.

It is not DCI Redwood's fault what happened to Sr. Amaral. It was the spineless 2007 Portugal Government's fault. They threw him in the gutter and left him there.

My 2 cents.

DaSteelMan

Posts : 49
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 am

@DaSteelMan wrote:I believe Pat Brown has been far from correct in her blogs.

I also think there is an unwarrented agenda against DCI Redwood and SY by herself and a few others.

Sort of agree with the first statement, Pat Brown jumps to a few odd conclusion with variable sound reasoning or evidence IMO.

However I have great difficulty with the second statement highlighted. The case cannot avoid the statistic that 96% of all child disappearances arise as a consequence of family or person known to the child. Redwood & SY have stated from their premonition that Mcs & T7 are not involved, no evidence to back this up has ever been put forward. The 96% stat shows unequivocally that neither Mcs or T7 can be excluded until they are ruled out. Do-ray-me - let's start at the very beginning.

Rogue-a-Tory

Posts : 401
Reputation : 245
Join date : 2014-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by aquila on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:30 pm

What Pat Brown thinks is of no consequence to me. Pat Brown wouldn't have been remotely interested in this case had she not wanted to further her own career/profile....in the USA.

PB went to Portugal via UK for a week. Well that's about a couple of thousand dollars invested in getting onto US mainstream (gossip) television which is peanuts.

I have no problem with Pat Brown's opinions but that's all they are. A week or so on a 'mission' in Portugal to look at shutters and the surrounding area proves nothing other than to say 'I was there, I had a look and this is my opinion'.

This is one of those posts that makes me think I'd better fetch me coat. titter

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by deafoldbat on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Lol Aquila! We are all entitled to our opinions and I like to look at all possibilities and theories.  At the end of the day what matters is evidence although what police and politicians do with it is anyone's guess!

thinking

deafoldbat

Posts : 85
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-05-19
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by aquila on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:48 pm

@deafoldbat wrote:Lol Aquila! We are all entitled to our opinions and I like to look at all possibilities and theories.  At the end of the day what matters is evidence although what police and politicians do with it is anyone's guess!

thinking
Don't get me wrong here...I have a very big problem with the Winters & Goose 'definitive book' and their appearance on UK television.

Their 'production' to my mind is the most vile PR campaign yet seen in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann aged 3.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by kinell on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:51 pm

@aquila wrote:What Pat Brown thinks is of no consequence to me. Pat Brown wouldn't have been remotely interested in this case had she not wanted to further her own career/profile....in the USA.

PB went to Portugal via UK for a week. Well that's about a couple of thousand dollars invested in getting onto US mainstream (gossip) television which is peanuts.

I have no problem with Pat Brown's opinions but that's all they are. A week or so on a 'mission' in Portugal to look at shutters and the surrounding area proves nothing other than to say 'I was there, I had a look and this is my opinion'.

This is one of those posts that makes me think I'd better fetch me coat. titter
Pat Brown also met up with PeterMac to look at the shutters and surrounding area.

Are you saying PeterMac only went to PDL on a 'mission' and to further his own profile?

____________________


kinell

Posts : 88
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2012-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by aquila on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:52 pm

@kinell wrote:
@aquila wrote:What Pat Brown thinks is of no consequence to me. Pat Brown wouldn't have been remotely interested in this case had she not wanted to further her own career/profile....in the USA.

PB went to Portugal via UK for a week. Well that's about a couple of thousand dollars invested in getting onto US mainstream (gossip) television which is peanuts.

I have no problem with Pat Brown's opinions but that's all they are. A week or so on a 'mission' in Portugal to look at shutters and the surrounding area proves nothing other than to say 'I was there, I had a look and this is my opinion'.

This is one of those posts that makes me think I'd better fetch me coat. titter
Pat Brown also met up with PeterMac to look at the shutters and surrounding area.

Are you saying PeterMac only went to PDL on a 'mission' and to further his own profile?
Don't be daft.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New DCI

Post by j.rob on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:00 pm

@aquila wrote:What Pat Brown thinks is of no consequence to me. Pat Brown wouldn't have been remotely interested in this case had she not wanted to further her own career/profile....in the USA.

PB went to Portugal via UK for a week. Well that's about a couple of thousand dollars invested in getting onto US mainstream (gossip) television which is peanuts.

I have no problem with Pat Brown's opinions but that's all they are. A week or so on a 'mission' in Portugal to look at shutters and the surrounding area proves nothing other than to say 'I was there, I had a look and this is my opinion'.

This is one of those posts that makes me think I'd better fetch me coat. titter

Not necessarily. She would quite naturally have become intrigued by the case. After all, she does this sort of thing for a living! I find her opinions very interesting. Given her background, I would say that her opinions are of more value than the opinions of someone without any kind of background in the sort of work she does. Presumably you get to see patterns of behaviours. 

But I do agree that if the new DCI cracks it all in days then it will make Redwood look like a complete idiot. How will they deal with this dilemma, I wonder? They can't keep chasing bogey-men for ever. I do think it is a good sign that they are interviewing people much closer to the scene of the crime rather than random pimple-men in goodness knows where.

Just an opinion of course!  big grin

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 224
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum