The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by NickE on 12.12.14 13:00

@plebgate wrote:What I can't understand is how all these people are being questioned going on the timelines given by the Tapas 9.    How do SY know that these are correct?   I know I have said it before, but the Daily Express in summer 2013 reported that Murat had said along the lines of Bring them all back to Portugal.   Start at the beginning and ask about the timelines.  That makes sense to me, but what do I know?

The focus from the beginning has been on the evening of May 3.
I think this is a major reason why the case is not resolved.
IMO

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by NickE on 12.12.14 21:55

Madeleine McCann: Police question British ex-pat witness Robert Murat for four hours

The IT consultant, 41, who is not suspected in any involvement in the youngster's disappearance, was quizzed after police finished interviewing his wife



Police spent four hours questioning Robert Murat as a witness over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

British ex-pat Robert Murat was questioned as a witness for more than four hours today at an Algarve police station about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The IT consultant, 41, was driven away from Faro Police Station late lunchtime along with his lawyer Francisco Pagarete after answering questions.
It was the second time in three days he had attended the station.
Police were due to question Mr Murat on Wednesday but ran out of time after interviewing his German-born wife Michaela Walczuch, 38, as a witness.
He was the last of ten men and women - four Brits, a German and five Portuguese nationals - quizzed this week on the Algarve at Scotland Yard’s request.
A British woman described as the wife of one of the Portuguese witnesses is also understood to have been questioned in the UK.


Pablo Blazquez Dominguez/Getty Images
Mr Murat left Faro's police station at late lunchtime with his lawyer

There was no immediate word on what Mr Murat had been asked or replied.
The interviews were conducted behind closed doors and Mr Pagarete declined to comment.
Michaela did not return to the police station with her husband today.
There was no sign either of Operation Grange boss Andy Redwood or DCI Nicola Wall, who is due to take charge of the British police probe into Madeleine’s disappearance when he retires later this month.
Mr Murat was questioned days after Madeleine went missing on May 3 2007 before being cleared a year later.
He is not suspected of any involvement in the youngster's disappearance, and said last month when it emerged he was facing questioning that he was happy to cooperate.
Speaking before he received his official notification, he said: "My conscience is clear and I have no problem speaking to police again."


Getty
Mr Murat (R) and his wife Michaela Walczuch were also present at police station as witnesses

Michaela, Mr Murat's girlfriend when Madeleine vanished, was questioned three times as a witness after the youngster's disappearance.
A Portuguese lorry driver later came forward to say he had seen a blonde woman he said resembled the estate agent passing a blanket containing a child to a man on an Algarve farm the day after Madeleine vanished.
A Spanish woman also claimed she had spotted her in a town in northern Morocco in June 2007, moments after she had seen a girl who looked just like Madeleine.
Michaela's home was searched by Portuguese police after Madeleine disappeared.
Protesting her innocence in a December 2007 interview with a UK newspaper, she said: "I lost my faith not just in justice but in the whole system and everyone that supports it.
"The worst part is people putting me in this, knowing I have nothing to do with it.
"They have no feelings, no heart.
"They are completely empty.
"When Robert called me to tell me that there was a story about these sightings I went into town and I just saw my face on the front of all the papers.
"I felt sick."


 

This week's police quizzes were the first since four men were questioned as arguidos at the start of July.
All four - who included Russian businessman Sergey Malinka and a schizophrenic heroin addict - insisted they had nothing to do with Madeleine McCann's disappearance.
British police believe Madeleine was killed during a bungled burglary, a theory their Portuguese counterparts who are conducting their own parallel investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance have privately rubbished.
Parts of the Praia da Luz resort where the youngster vanished were dug up in June at Scotland Yard's request in a grim search for her body - but failed to yield any clues.
British police are now expected to seek permission to carry out new tests on DNA material taken from Madeleine’s apartment and held at a lab in Coimbra, northern Portugal.
Operation Grange officers visited the lab during a previous trip to the country in mid-October.

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by plebgate on 12.12.14 23:14

@NickE wrote:Madeleine McCann: Police question British ex-pat witness Robert Murat for four hours

The IT consultant, 41, who is not suspected in any involvement in the youngster's disappearance, was quizzed after police finished interviewing his wife





Police spent four hours questioning Robert Murat as a witness over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

British ex-pat Robert Murat was questioned as a witness for more than four hours today at an Algarve police station about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The IT consultant, 41, was driven away from Faro Police Station late lunchtime along with his lawyer Francisco Pagarete after answering questions.
It was the second time in three days he had attended the station.
Police were due to question Mr Murat on Wednesday but ran out of time after interviewing his German-born wife Michaela Walczuch, 38, as a witness.
He was the last of ten men and women - four Brits, a German and five Portuguese nationals - quizzed this week on the Algarve at Scotland Yard’s request.
A British woman described as the wife of one of the Portuguese witnesses is also understood to have been questioned in the UK.



Pablo Blazquez Dominguez/Getty Images
Mr Murat left Faro's police station at late lunchtime with his lawyer

There was no immediate word on what Mr Murat had been asked or replied.
The interviews were conducted behind closed doors and Mr Pagarete declined to comment.
Michaela did not return to the police station with her husband today.
There was no sign either of Operation Grange boss Andy Redwood or DCI Nicola Wall, who is due to take charge of the British police probe into Madeleine’s disappearance when he retires later this month.
Mr Murat was questioned days after Madeleine went missing on May 3 2007 before being cleared a year later.
He is not suspected of any involvement in the youngster's disappearance, and said last month when it emerged he was facing questioning that he was happy to cooperate.
Speaking before he received his official notification, he said: "My conscience is clear and I have no problem speaking to police again."


Getty
Mr Murat (R) and his wife Michaela Walczuch were also present at police station as witnesses

Michaela, Mr Murat's girlfriend when Madeleine vanished, was questioned three times as a witness after the youngster's disappearance.
A Portuguese lorry driver later came forward to say he had seen a blonde woman he said resembled the estate agent passing a blanket containing a child to a man on an Algarve farm the day after Madeleine vanished.
A Spanish woman also claimed she had spotted her in a town in northern Morocco in June 2007, moments after she had seen a girl who looked just like Madeleine.
Michaela's home was searched by Portuguese police after Madeleine disappeared.
Protesting her innocence in a December 2007 interview with a UK newspaper, she said: "I lost my faith not just in justice but in the whole system and everyone that supports it.
"The worst part is people putting me in this, knowing I have nothing to do with it.
"They have no feelings, no heart.
"They are completely empty.
"When Robert called me to tell me that there was a story about these sightings I went into town and I just saw my face on the front of all the papers.
"I felt sick."


 

This week's police quizzes were the first since four men were questioned as arguidos at the start of July.
All four - who included Russian businessman Sergey Malinka and a schizophrenic heroin addict - insisted they had nothing to do with Madeleine McCann's disappearance.
British police believe Madeleine was killed during a bungled burglary, a theory their Portuguese counterparts who are conducting their own parallel investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance have privately rubbished.
Parts of the Praia da Luz resort where the youngster vanished were dug up in June at Scotland Yard's request in a grim search for her body - but failed to yield any clues.
British police are now expected to seek permission to carry out new tests on DNA material taken from Madeleine’s apartment and held at a lab in Coimbra, northern Portugal.
Operation Grange officers visited the lab during a previous trip to the country in mid-October.
Sorry to post the whole thing again, but re. the red highlighting about the Portugese Nationals being interviewed -   I was wondering if Gaspar is a Portugese name?

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by Mo on 12.12.14 23:25

Portugese, Spanish or Italian 

Mo

Mo

Posts : 76
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-07-25
Age : 61
Location : Nottinghamshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by plebgate on 12.12.14 23:38

Thank you Mo.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by columbostogeys on 13.12.14 6:41

so murat was questioned for four hours........everyone has been spoken to and not one came out an Aquido as i believe IT WAS intimated at the beginning that some may be made aquidos if found necessary.

Jeez i just feel this is a load of Who Shot John. If Scotland Yard really believe this is a bungled burglary gone wrong its no wonder we have so many unsolved crimes in this country......

No burglar is going to take a dead body out of an apartment and do what with it? If a 3 year old wakes up you just get out of ther fast. Its dark she wouldnt recognise anyone.

I really think they need to bring the Tapas group back in and question their timeline for 4 hours, and then do a reconstruction involving THEM.

The key is with them.............to unlock this mystery. I am sure of it, not saying parents had involvement but the timeline needs to be reviewed with the right players, and the Smith family need to be involved too......

____________________
The Dogs Dont Lie
http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.co.uk/

columbostogeys

Posts : 174
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by Khaleesi on 13.12.14 13:14

@columbostogeys wrote:so murat was questioned for four hours........everyone has been spoken to and not one came out an Aquido as i believe IT WAS intimated at the beginning that some may be made aquidos if found necessary.

Jeez i just feel this is a load of Who Shot John. If Scotland Yard really believe this is a bungled burglary gone wrong its no wonder we have so many unsolved crimes in this country......

No burglar is going to take a dead body out of an apartment and do what with it? If a 3 year old wakes up you just get out of ther fast. Its dark she wouldnt recognise anyone.

If SY believed it was just a bungled burglary, they would not be grilling Murat, or his wife.

Khaleesi

Posts : 74
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.12.14 13:52

@Khaleesi wrote:
@columbostogeys wrote:so murat was questioned for four hours........everyone has been spoken to and not one came out an Aquido as i believe IT WAS intimated at the beginning that some may be made aquidos if found necessary.

Jeez i just feel this is a load of Who Shot John. If Scotland Yard really believe this is a bungled burglary gone wrong its no wonder we have so many unsolved crimes in this country......

No burglar is going to take a dead body out of an apartment and do what with it? If a 3 year old wakes up you just get out of ther fast. Its dark she wouldnt recognise anyone.

If SY believed it was just a bungled burglary, they would not be grilling Murat, or his wife.

If SY believed it was an 'abduction' they WOULD be grilling the last person/s to have 'seen' her alive, and then all the people around the 'abduction' scene, (T7) and JW to confirm their 'movements and 'actions'' on the evening/night of 3rd May 2007 from 5:30pm till 4am, 4th May 2007. the 'time' only GM&DP 'went out again'

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by ChippyM on 13.12.14 14:52

@Khaleesi wrote:
If SY believed it was just a bungled burglary, they would not be grilling Murat, or his wife.

My thoughts exactly. As stated in the article Murat is an 'IT consultant' , we also know he owns various bits of property and is probably quite well off, so how would he link to the 'opportunist' burgalator gang who were looking for money and tourist stuff to pilfer?


      Malinka is also  a computer 'expert' and we have all the yes I did speak to him, no I didn't stuff from Murat, personally I think the IT and website knowledge could fit into what happened to MM...and maybe having access to lots of empty apartments.

ChippyM

Posts : 909
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by columbostogeys on 13.12.14 15:35

@Khaleesi wrote:
@columbostogeys wrote:so murat was questioned for four hours........everyone has been spoken to and not one came out an Aquido as i believe IT WAS intimated at the beginning that some may be made aquidos if found necessary.

Jeez i just feel this is a load of Who Shot John. If Scotland Yard really believe this is a bungled burglary gone wrong its no wonder we have so many unsolved crimes in this country......

No burglar is going to take a dead body out of an apartment and do what with it? If a 3 year old wakes up you just get out of ther fast. Its dark she wouldnt recognise anyone.

If SY believed it was just a bungled burglary, they would not be grilling Murat, or his wife.
Grilling? I hardly think so they were just going over AGAIN what he already told the PJ in 2007 and perhaps his observations and what he was privvy too when he was helping the tapas 7 with translations etc......I think if he was there as a witness i would think that is what they were asking him...whats the point of going through all the same stuff he told the PJ they could simply have just read all that in his statement. No i think there is more to all this then meets the eye, if not then SY are wasting our tax money....as Murat was cleared of any involvement way back when.....

____________________
The Dogs Dont Lie
http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.co.uk/

columbostogeys

Posts : 174
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.12.14 15:52

http://www.algarvenewswatch.blogspot.pt/2014/12/a-new-shake-up-in-madeleine-case.html


Portugal Newswatch


Reflections on current affairs in Portugal by journalist and author Len Port.

Friday, December 12, 2014

A new shake-up in the Madeleine case?

The Operation Grange investigation by the Metropolitan Police into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is said to be “upbeat” and set to continue despite mounting costs, a top resignation and apparently still no breakthrough in sight.

The latest episode in this extraordinary case, with Scotland Yard detectives questioning ten people in Faro, does not seem to have resulted in any meaningful progress.

The previous high point in the investigation featured British police searching across three sites next to Praia da Luz in the summer. Scorned by sceptics as a ‘whitewash’ and a ‘circus,’ the searches produced no new evidence and gave rise not only to exasperation among local citizens, but also speculation that the investigation was nearing its endgame.

The speculation heightened with news that the cost of the inquiry was approaching £10 million at a time of stringent budget cuts that could have disastrous consequences for police forces across the UK.

The announcement that Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood was retiring from the Met as the head of Operation Grange further invigorated the notion that the case was going nowhere.

“After careful consideration and a full and rewarding career in the Met, the time is right for me to move on,” Redwood said.

A headline in the Mirror declared: “Madeleine McCann top cop quits: This does send a certain kind of message.”

The paper reported that with Redwood’s resignation, “the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann suffered a blow.” It went on to quote a source close to the inquiry: “The investigation has gone on for three and a half years now. However a lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline.”

If this did indeed send “a certain kind of message,” it was somewhat confused by the simultaneous announcement that DCI Nicola Wall was to replace Redwood as leader of the Operation Grange team.

This left some observers wondering if the latest questioning in Faro was a last ditch effort that might soon lead to a formal wrapping up of the investigation.

Not so, apparently.

Anthony Summers, co-author with his wife Robbyn Swan of the book Looking for Madeleine, told the BBC Breakfast programme that, according to his sources, the Operation Grange team is “upbeat and believes the case is solvable.”

There is said to be no political pressure, no hidden agenda and no pressure or problem about expenditure.

The team still comprises about 30 officers and support staff, essentially the same number as earlier in the investigation. The expectation is that they will continue ploughing methodically though a vast amount of information.

So, the indications are that although the investigation is taking a very long time with apparently little success, this should not be interpreted as meaning that detectives are pessimistic about the case or about to give up.

It has been known by insiders for some months that Redwood was going to retire. But immediately after the announcement, the Mirror quoted a senior Labour MP as saying: “There are times when public duty must override personal circumstances, and this is one of them. If senior officers were aware of the DCI’s retirement plans, why was he put on to this case in the first place?”

Interesting question, but this is a side issue.

The main thrust is that Nicola Wall has now met the senior Portuguese officials she will be collaborating with after formally taking command of Operation Grange on 22 December.

When Inês Sequeira was appointed Portimão’s new public prosecutor in October she was quoted in the press as being “utterly determined” to crack the case.

She has the backing of Portugal’s first woman attorney general, Joana Marques Vidal, Portimão’s PJ chief, Ana Paula Rito, and the Oporto-based PJ detective in charge of the Portuguese investigation, Helena Monteiro.

Nicola Wall has served at the Met for 26 years, most recently as head of the Murder Investigation Team in West London. Hitherto she has not had much media coverage, but that’s about to change.

Vogue magazine last year reported that she prided herself on her investigative speed; that she was only partially joking when she attributed her low media profile to the fact “we solve cases so quickly nobody gets involved.”

An omen perhaps?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by Khaleesi on 13.12.14 16:02

@columbostogeys wrote:
Grilling? I hardly think so they were just going over AGAIN what he already told the PJ in 2007 and perhaps his observations and what he was privvy too when he was helping the tapas 7 with translations etc......I think if he was there as a witness i would think that is what they were asking him...

You don't know what questions they asked Murat. You don't know what kind of useful knowledge Murat might have.

whats the point of going through all the same stuff he told the PJ they could simply have just read all that in his statement. No i think there is more to all this then meets the eye, if not then SY are wasting our tax money....as Murat was cleared of any involvement way back when.....

Involvement in Maddie's demise, whatever it was. But I think SY might be highly interested in hs knowledge about the McCans and the merry Tapas bunch.

Khaleesi

Posts : 74
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by noddy100 on 13.12.14 16:44

Maybe they wanted to ask him why he thought they needed to all come back and do a reconstruction

noddy100

Posts : 696
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.12.14 16:59

@noddy100 wrote:Maybe they wanted to ask him why he thought they needed to all come back and do a reconstruction

Maybe they wanted to ask him what he 'thought' about the McCann's (KM: I want to 'kill' him) and their 'friends' (RO, R O'B, FP, JT) trying to 'fit' him up. (THAT'S Grange's 'job'!  laughat )

If, IF, RM had, erm, 'helped' 'them' on the night, not a good move for them to try to 'stitch' him up, is it?

Especially if, IF, 'he knows where the bodyies' are 'buried', in a manner of speaking!

If, IF, indeed there is a 'bod' and Madeleine's not erm, 'hidden/spirited away' somewhere, 'waiting' to be found, totally 'unharmed' as G&K keep saying, all the time!

The big 'REVEAL' and all that! winkwink

DCI Mahogany and the 'gang' totally 'mugged off' by non-descript 'doctors'!

Still, i'm sure no one will take the 'p*ss' out of Hoggy, at future Maddie Cops Xmas reunion 'do's'.

"MUGGO, you LOS*R! Mugged off by those two scammers! Brilliant"

"Oi Muggo, get a round in, and if you ain't back in 5 minutes, we'll set up a 38 strong police staff Op to find ya! We'll call it Operation URAMUG!"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by aquila on 13.12.14 20:24

Does anyone seriously think that Kate McCann will ever be charged of anything?

Kate McCann is the dahling of Missing People, she's the face that launched their digital media billboards. Kate McCann has spoken on UK radio for Missing People - a charity endorsed by ACPO and its Scottish counterpart. Missing People invites Chief Constables to give talks in conferences.

I'm not saying Kate McCann is guilty of anything but if she were, what do you think would be the chances of her being charged when a charity so tight with the establishment has adopted her as their maidenhead?

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by aiyoyo on 13.12.14 21:26

@noddy100 wrote:Maybe they wanted to ask him why he thought they needed to all come back and do a reconstruction

More likely they wanted to ask him -


"Did you know Kate and Gerry, or any of their holiday friends prior to the incident"?"

"Did you hear or see them saying or acting out of the oridinary when you were acting as their translator"?

"Did they behave peculiarly that you feel the Police need to know"

Questions in that vein more or less.  
Unless the Police wanted to ask  about his movements as revealed by the phone analysis - as in what was he doing at X place at X time ?

"Why did you call X at this X time"

"Why were you in the vicinity of X place when you said in your earlier statement you were somewhere else?"

Or this type of questions or combination of both.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by aiyoyo on 13.12.14 21:37

@aquila wrote:Does anyone seriously think that Kate McCann will ever be charged of anything?

Kate McCann is the dahling of Missing People, she's the face that launched their digital media billboards. Kate McCann has spoken on UK radio for Missing People - a charity endorsed by ACPO and its Scottish counterpart. Missing People invites Chief Constables to give talks in conferences.

I'm not saying Kate McCann is guilty of anything but if she were, what do you think would be the chances of her being charged when a charity so tight with the establishment has adopted her as their maidenhead?

I seriously hope so.

Saville represented every charity under the sun when the good going lasted for him despite his crimes against children being suspected and/or known and reported to Police.
He was friend of Royalty, Politician and celebrites, and look what happened to his name in the end?

Unless there's a conspiracy involvement (which I don't think there is in this case), I believe OG is a bona fide one.  Whether they will find enough to charge is a different matter.

There, that's my view on it.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by Joss on 14.12.14 3:29

There are those who hold to the view that Scotland Yard are playing the ‘long game’ and that they must eventually examine the behaviour of the McCanns and their friends that Thursday night, May 3, 2007. Even after three years it is difficult to be certain, but if a criminal investigation is genuine in its purpose, there can be no reason why its leadership should not play with a straight bat toward a public encouraged to assist them.

 With the impending retirement of DCI Redwood, the optimists among us will no doubt view his passing the baton onto an accomplished homicide detective as a positive sign, Redwood having literally done the spade work. His is not an ignominious withdrawal but a smart move. He has not ‘failed’ to solve the case. He never expected to do so in the first place. The intention was merely to find an acceptable ‘resolution’ if at all possible. Should that accomplishment fall to his successor, Redwood will be seen to have been thwarted by time alone. On the other hand, should the long-term outcome of Operation Grange remain indeterminate, DCI Redwood will have been long out of the cross-hairs.

 Even if DCI Wall should surprise everyone on both sides of the McCann fence, with a valid conclusion, built towards via the seemingly unending dismissal of ‘likely ones’, the question will remain as to why, given the Yard’s emphasis on expediency, the truth was not arrived at until several years had elapsed and more millions been spent.

 In any event the Metropolitan Police will be happy to pursue their inquiry all the while the special grants keep rolling in. In reality, cessation is no more than the closure of a cheque book away. It would only take one swingeing budget cut on behalf of this or the next government to see to that.
http://onlyinamericablogging.blogspot.com/

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by j.rob on 15.12.14 15:53



Duper's delight. 

As explained in the Only in America blog where the photo is copied from. Some great analysis of the McCann's behaviour and body language there.

I wonder if Gerry is still smirking now?

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 224
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by woodforthetrees on 15.12.14 16:43

@Khaleesi wrote:
@columbostogeys wrote:If Scotland Yard really believe this is a bungled burglary gone wrong its no wonder we have so many unsolved crimes in this country......

No burglar is going to take a dead body out of an apartment and do what with it? If a 3 year old wakes up you just get out of ther fast. Its dark she wouldnt recognise anyone.

If SY believed it was just a bungled burglary, they would not be grilling Murat, or his wife.


IMO.............
 
SY don't believe it's a bungled burglary (as nothing of value was taken, no getaway car spotted parked up etc etc), they suspect that it is one of a handful of known paedophiles in the area at the time who entered the apartment, did whatever unspeakable act he wanted to do with Madeleine, either killed her in the process (to keep her quiet) or by accident and removed her body (probably as it would contain important/definitive DNA).
They are not interested in the McCanns or the Tapas 7 and are just fishing for info to back up the paedo theory.
 
This brings up a major red flag….
 
If it is proven that Madeleine was dead before being removed from the apartment, it begs the question.............
 
“How long must the kids have been left alone to allow for a potential s3xual offense to take place, then a murder, then a clean-up, then a wait of a minimum of 2-3hrs for the cadaver scent to start spreading??” 
 
This would highlight that the whole ‘child checks every 30 mins’ was a complete fabrication, not only for them, but for the entire Tapas group, thus them all being charged with perverting the course of justice, not to mention receiving 4yrs each for child neglect and having their kids removed from them. This cannot happen at any cost, hence their pact of silence and sticking to the ‘checking kids’ story line.
 
In reality, if the abductor theory is to fit SYs approach in line with the forensic/abduction timeline, one of them would have to crack to say “ok, we weren't actually checking the kids at all from about 3pm as they were sedated anyway”, but this will never happen. 
 
So, all they can do in the meantime is clear up the mess and carry on looking for the mystery abductor. However…….
 
The problem SY have is all the inconsistencies in all the stories and all the 'sub-stories'/strange coincidences or occurrences that were going on at the same time and ever since, have caused too much of a stir and muddied the water. These need to be cleared up and answered to box them off and eliminate the finger pointing, speculation and therefore reasonable doubt. This is what I believe is going on at the moment.
 
I also believe this is just an exercise to go over statements to see if anyone trips up or remembers anything new over the time passing or to do just that....answer any on-going queries to eliminate peoples involvement/suspicion (e.g Murat).
 
IMO there is no whitewash, no ‘secret investigation in the background’
 

Regardless of the truth about whether a) a paedo killed her and removed her or b) Gerry removed her after an accident, the fact remains, she died in that apartment and the forensics point to her being un-checked on for at least 3hrs, which puts everybody in a whole world of trouble. BUT, without a body, she is still classed as missing and nobody can be charged with neglect, so the show goes on and everybody cashes in in the process.

woodforthetrees

Posts : 270
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by Khaleesi on 15.12.14 17:02

@woodforthetrees wrote:
IMO.............
 
SY don't believe it's a bungled burglary (as nothing of value was taken, no getaway car spotted parked up etc etc), they suspect that it is one of a handful of known paedophiles in the area at the time who entered the apartment, did whatever unspeakable act he wanted to do with Madeleine, either killed her in the process (to keep her quiet) or by accident and removed her body (probably as it would contain important/definitive DNA).
They are not interested in the McCanns or the Tapas 7 and are just fishing for info to back up the paedo theory.

Do you really think SY employs only halfwits and idiots? First, it's against any rules of a good investigating job to focus on one, and only one hypothesis. Second, only an idiot would believe that a paedophile would kidnap a kid from the flat to which whole pilgrimages were walking that evening (add to it also Jez Wilkins, circling the block), and left no traces of his presence whatsoever. Either they are doing the biggest whitewash in the history (and I don't believe that, why spending millions of pounds insteat of letting the case get dry and cold?), or they are investigating it properly, with the McCanns in their focus.

Khaleesi

Posts : 74
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by woodforthetrees on 15.12.14 17:08

@Khaleesi wrote:[quote="woodforthetrees"
IMO.............
 
SY don't believe it's a bungled burglary (as nothing of value was taken, no getaway car spotted parked up etc etc), they suspect that it is one of a handful of known paedophiles in the area at the time who entered the apartment, did whatever unspeakable act he wanted to do with Madeleine, either killed her in the process (to keep her quiet) or by accident and removed her body (probably as it would contain important/definitive DNA).
They are not interested in the McCanns or the Tapas 7 and are just fishing for info to back up the paedo theory.

Do you really think SY employs only halfwits and idiots? First, it's against any rules of a good investigating job to focus on one, and only one hypothesis. Second, only an idiot would believe that a paedophile would kidnap a kid from the flat to which whole pilgrimages were walking that evening (add to it also Jez Wilkins, circling the block), and left no traces of his presence whatsoever. Either they are doing the biggest whitewash in the history (and I don't believe that, why spending millions of pounds insteat of letting the case get dry and cold?), or they are investigating it properly, with the McCanns in their focus.[/quote]


No i don't believe they employ halfwits and idiots, i simply believe they are looking for a known sex offender who for some reason or another killed her in the apartment. IMO i do not think she was taken out alive (they have hinted at this recently). They have focused on more than one hypothesis... gypsies, drug addicts, burglary etc etc etc, but all come to nothing.

I would love for them to have multiple angles on this and be questioning the McCanns and the Tapas 7 but after 3 years, they simply aren't doing that. Again, this is just my opinion, but it looks like they are gathering up the loose ends/sub-stories whilst focusing on their remit, which doesn't involve targeting the McCanns.

woodforthetrees

Posts : 270
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by cockerspaniel on 15.12.14 20:05

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.algarvenewswatch.blogspot.pt/2014/12/a-new-shake-up-in-madeleine-case.html


Portugal Newswatch


Reflections on current affairs in Portugal by journalist and author Len Port.

Friday, December 12, 2014

A new shake-up in the Madeleine case?

The Operation Grange investigation by the Metropolitan Police into the disappearance of  Madeleine McCann is said to be “upbeat” and set to continue despite mounting costs, a top resignation and apparently still no breakthrough in sight.

The latest episode in this extraordinary case, with Scotland Yard detectives questioning ten people in Faro, does not seem to have resulted in any meaningful progress.

The previous high point in the investigation featured British police searching across three sites next to Praia da Luz in the summer. Scorned by sceptics as a ‘whitewash’ and a ‘circus,’ the searches produced no new evidence and gave rise not only to exasperation among local citizens, but also speculation that the investigation was nearing its endgame.

The speculation heightened with news that the cost of the inquiry was approaching £10 million at a time of stringent budget cuts that could have disastrous consequences for police forces across the UK.  

The announcement that Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood was retiring from the Met as the head of Operation Grange further invigorated the notion that the case was going nowhere.

“After careful consideration and a full and rewarding career in the Met, the time is right for me to move on,” Redwood said.

A headline in the Mirror declared: “Madeleine McCann top cop quits: This does send a certain kind of message.”

The paper reported that with Redwood’s resignation, “the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann suffered a blow.” It went on to quote a source close to the inquiry: “The investigation has gone on for three and a half years now. However a lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline.”

If this did indeed send “a certain kind of message,” it was somewhat confused by the simultaneous announcement that DCI Nicola Wall was to replace Redwood as leader of the Operation Grange team.

This left some observers wondering if the latest questioning in Faro was a last ditch effort that might soon lead to a formal wrapping up of the investigation.

Not so, apparently.

Anthony Summers, co-author with his wife Robbyn Swan of the book Looking for Madeleine, told the BBC Breakfast programme that, according to his sources, the Operation Grange team is “upbeat and believes the case is solvable.”

There is said to be no political pressure, no hidden agenda and no pressure or problem about expenditure.

The team still comprises about 30 officers and support staff, essentially the same number as earlier in the investigation. The expectation is that they will continue ploughing methodically though a vast amount of information.

So, the indications are that although the investigation is taking a very long time with apparently little success, this should not be interpreted as meaning that detectives are pessimistic about the case or about to give up.

It has been known by insiders for some months that Redwood was going to retire. But immediately after the announcement, the Mirror quoted a senior Labour MP as saying: “There are times when public duty must override personal circumstances, and this is one of them. If senior officers were aware of the DCI’s retirement plans, why was he put on to this case in the first place?”

Interesting question, but this is a side issue.

The main thrust is that Nicola Wall has now met the senior Portuguese officials she will be collaborating with after formally taking command of Operation Grange on 22 December.

When Inês Sequeira was appointed Portimão’s new public prosecutor in October she was quoted in the press as being “utterly determined” to crack the case.

She has the backing of Portugal’s first woman attorney general, Joana Marques Vidal, Portimão’s PJ chief, Ana Paula Rito, and the Oporto-based PJ detective in charge of the Portuguese investigation, Helena Monteiro.

Nicola Wall has served at the Met for 26 years, most recently as head of the Murder Investigation Team in West London. Hitherto she has not had much media coverage, but that’s about to change.

Vogue magazine last year reported that she prided herself on her investigative speed; that she was only partially joking when she attributed her low media profile to the fact “we solve cases so quickly nobody gets involved.”

An omen perhaps?

snipped from above.

The team still comprises about 30 officers and support staff, essentially the same number as earlier in the investigation. The expectation is that they will continue ploughing methodically though a vast amount of information
.

SERIOUSLY!!!! Are we really meant to believe that if you rule out the Tapas 9 (as DCI redwood has done) it would take a team of 36 policemen/women 3.5 years AND COUNTING working night and day (excuse the sarcasm) to "plough" through the relevant information of a child going missing from a sleepy almost deserted little fishing village out of season with hardly a soul/witness around. Pull the other, it plays jingle bells!!! Methinks someone cant see the woods for the trees..lol



____________________
Heracltus  say  You could not step twice into the same river.

cockerspaniel

Posts : 176
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by aquila on 15.12.14 20:59

@cockerspaniel wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.algarvenewswatch.blogspot.pt/2014/12/a-new-shake-up-in-madeleine-case.html


Portugal Newswatch


Reflections on current affairs in Portugal by journalist and author Len Port.

Friday, December 12, 2014

A new shake-up in the Madeleine case?

The Operation Grange investigation by the Metropolitan Police into the disappearance of  Madeleine McCann is said to be “upbeat” and set to continue despite mounting costs, a top resignation and apparently still no breakthrough in sight.

The latest episode in this extraordinary case, with Scotland Yard detectives questioning ten people in Faro, does not seem to have resulted in any meaningful progress.

The previous high point in the investigation featured British police searching across three sites next to Praia da Luz in the summer. Scorned by sceptics as a ‘whitewash’ and a ‘circus,’ the searches produced no new evidence and gave rise not only to exasperation among local citizens, but also speculation that the investigation was nearing its endgame.

The speculation heightened with news that the cost of the inquiry was approaching £10 million at a time of stringent budget cuts that could have disastrous consequences for police forces across the UK.  

The announcement that Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood was retiring from the Met as the head of Operation Grange further invigorated the notion that the case was going nowhere.

“After careful consideration and a full and rewarding career in the Met, the time is right for me to move on,” Redwood said.

A headline in the Mirror declared: “Madeleine McCann top cop quits: This does send a certain kind of message.”

The paper reported that with Redwood’s resignation, “the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann suffered a blow.” It went on to quote a source close to the inquiry: “The investigation has gone on for three and a half years now. However a lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline.”

If this did indeed send “a certain kind of message,” it was somewhat confused by the simultaneous announcement that DCI Nicola Wall was to replace Redwood as leader of the Operation Grange team.

This left some observers wondering if the latest questioning in Faro was a last ditch effort that might soon lead to a formal wrapping up of the investigation.

Not so, apparently.

Anthony Summers, co-author with his wife Robbyn Swan of the book Looking for Madeleine, told the BBC Breakfast programme that, according to his sources, the Operation Grange team is “upbeat and believes the case is solvable.”

There is said to be no political pressure, no hidden agenda and no pressure or problem about expenditure.

The team still comprises about 30 officers and support staff, essentially the same number as earlier in the investigation. The expectation is that they will continue ploughing methodically though a vast amount of information.

So, the indications are that although the investigation is taking a very long time with apparently little success, this should not be interpreted as meaning that detectives are pessimistic about the case or about to give up.

It has been known by insiders for some months that Redwood was going to retire. But immediately after the announcement, the Mirror quoted a senior Labour MP as saying: “There are times when public duty must override personal circumstances, and this is one of them. If senior officers were aware of the DCI’s retirement plans, why was he put on to this case in the first place?”

Interesting question, but this is a side issue.

The main thrust is that Nicola Wall has now met the senior Portuguese officials she will be collaborating with after formally taking command of Operation Grange on 22 December.

When Inês Sequeira was appointed Portimão’s new public prosecutor in October she was quoted in the press as being “utterly determined” to crack the case.

She has the backing of Portugal’s first woman attorney general, Joana Marques Vidal, Portimão’s PJ chief, Ana Paula Rito, and the Oporto-based PJ detective in charge of the Portuguese investigation, Helena Monteiro.

Nicola Wall has served at the Met for 26 years, most recently as head of the Murder Investigation Team in West London. Hitherto she has not had much media coverage, but that’s about to change.

Vogue magazine last year reported that she prided herself on her investigative speed; that she was only partially joking when she attributed her low media profile to the fact “we solve cases so quickly nobody gets involved.”

An omen perhaps?

snipped from above.

The team still comprises about 30 officers and support staff, essentially the same number as earlier in the investigation. The expectation is that they will continue ploughing methodically though a vast amount of information
.

SERIOUSLY!!!! Are we really meant to believe that if you rule out the Tapas 9 (as DCI redwood has done) it would take a team of 36 policemen/women 3.5 years AND COUNTING working night and day (excuse the sarcasm) to "plough" through the relevant information of a child going missing from a sleepy almost deserted little fishing village out of season with hardly a soul/witness around. Pull the other, it plays jingle bells!!! Methinks someone cant see the woods for the trees..lol


PDL isn't a little sleepy fishing village. It's an expat enclave full of apartments up for rent/occupied/unoccupied.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OFFICERS will fly to Portugal next week to interview the suspects over the disappearance of Maddie in 2007.

Post by cockerspaniel on 15.12.14 21:45

@aquila wrote:
@cockerspaniel wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.algarvenewswatch.blogspot.pt/2014/12/a-new-shake-up-in-madeleine-case.html


Portugal Newswatch


Reflections on current affairs in Portugal by journalist and author Len Port.

Friday, December 12, 2014

A new shake-up in the Madeleine case?

The Operation Grange investigation by the Metropolitan Police into the disappearance of  Madeleine McCann is said to be “upbeat” and set to continue despite mounting costs, a top resignation and apparently still no breakthrough in sight.

The latest episode in this extraordinary case, with Scotland Yard detectives questioning ten people in Faro, does not seem to have resulted in any meaningful progress.

The previous high point in the investigation featured British police searching across three sites next to Praia da Luz in the summer. Scorned by sceptics as a ‘whitewash’ and a ‘circus,’ the searches produced no new evidence and gave rise not only to exasperation among local citizens, but also speculation that the investigation was nearing its endgame.

The speculation heightened with news that the cost of the inquiry was approaching £10 million at a time of stringent budget cuts that could have disastrous consequences for police forces across the UK.  

The announcement that Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood was retiring from the Met as the head of Operation Grange further invigorated the notion that the case was going nowhere.

“After careful consideration and a full and rewarding career in the Met, the time is right for me to move on,” Redwood said.

A headline in the Mirror declared: “Madeleine McCann top cop quits: This does send a certain kind of message.”

The paper reported that with Redwood’s resignation, “the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann suffered a blow.” It went on to quote a source close to the inquiry: “The investigation has gone on for three and a half years now. However a lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline.”

If this did indeed send “a certain kind of message,” it was somewhat confused by the simultaneous announcement that DCI Nicola Wall was to replace Redwood as leader of the Operation Grange team.

This left some observers wondering if the latest questioning in Faro was a last ditch effort that might soon lead to a formal wrapping up of the investigation.

Not so, apparently.

Anthony Summers, co-author with his wife Robbyn Swan of the book Looking for Madeleine, told the BBC Breakfast programme that, according to his sources, the Operation Grange team is “upbeat and believes the case is solvable.”

There is said to be no political pressure, no hidden agenda and no pressure or problem about expenditure.

The team still comprises about 30 officers and support staff, essentially the same number as earlier in the investigation. The expectation is that they will continue ploughing methodically though a vast amount of information.

So, the indications are that although the investigation is taking a very long time with apparently little success, this should not be interpreted as meaning that detectives are pessimistic about the case or about to give up.

It has been known by insiders for some months that Redwood was going to retire. But immediately after the announcement, the Mirror quoted a senior Labour MP as saying: “There are times when public duty must override personal circumstances, and this is one of them. If senior officers were aware of the DCI’s retirement plans, why was he put on to this case in the first place?”

Interesting question, but this is a side issue.

The main thrust is that Nicola Wall has now met the senior Portuguese officials she will be collaborating with after formally taking command of Operation Grange on 22 December.

When Inês Sequeira was appointed Portimão’s new public prosecutor in October she was quoted in the press as being “utterly determined” to crack the case.

She has the backing of Portugal’s first woman attorney general, Joana Marques Vidal, Portimão’s PJ chief, Ana Paula Rito, and the Oporto-based PJ detective in charge of the Portuguese investigation, Helena Monteiro.

Nicola Wall has served at the Met for 26 years, most recently as head of the Murder Investigation Team in West London. Hitherto she has not had much media coverage, but that’s about to change.

Vogue magazine last year reported that she prided herself on her investigative speed; that she was only partially joking when she attributed her low media profile to the fact “we solve cases so quickly nobody gets involved.”

An omen perhaps?

snipped from above.

The team still comprises about 30 officers and support staff, essentially the same number as earlier in the investigation. The expectation is that they will continue ploughing methodically though a vast amount of information
.

SERIOUSLY!!!! Are we really meant to believe that if you rule out the Tapas 9 (as DCI redwood has done) it would take a team of 36 policemen/women 3.5 years AND COUNTING working night and day (excuse the sarcasm) to "plough" through the relevant information of a child going missing from a sleepy almost deserted little fishing village out of season with hardly a soul/witness around. Pull the other, it plays jingle bells!!! Methinks someone cant see the woods for the trees..lol


PDL isn't a little sleepy fishing village. It's an expat enclave full of apartments up for rent/occupied/unoccupied.
eurghh how I dislike the word Expat, As I am one myself I prefer the term European citizen.

____________________
Heracltus  say  You could not step twice into the same river.

cockerspaniel

Posts : 176
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum