The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?  - Page 1 Mm11

Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?  - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?  - Page 1 Mm11

Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?  - Page 1 Regist10

Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?  - Page 1 Empty Re: Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?

Post by jeanmonroe 24.11.14 14:36

Jenny, RM's mum, is 'quiet' isn't she?

She went 'mental' when the three 'doctors', FP, RO and R O'B, went back to Portugal, especially, for a 'confrontation' in the police station, with RM, and said 'things' about her  Robert, didn't she?

Now, a week after her Robert is 'named' to be 'interviewed', ....................NOTHING!

thinking

Just an aside: DID FO, RO and R O'B ever 'sue' J Murat for saying/alledging all three of them were 'liars'?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?  - Page 1 Empty Re: Is Robert Murat About To Close This Case?

Post by Daryl Dixon 24.11.14 15:55

cockerspaniel wrote: TAKEN FROM ABOVE.....He's an odd fish, but it seems just too significant that 4 of the Tapas 7 identified him as someone they saw 'hanging around 5A' on the night - only to withdraw the statements some time later.

What if (and its just a thought) the tapas 4 DID see him on the night as he was helping the MCc`s in some way, and told the police that they had seen him in all honesty only to be told by K and G to withdraw that statement???
I have had the same thought...
Daryl Dixon

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 24.11.14 16:36

If  the Tapas 4 did see someone hanging around 5a where 3 young children were left alone insecurely then surely they would have told K & G. K & G would then have confirmed this notification to the police in their statements.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 24.11.14 16:40

If they did see someone hanging around why did they keep going out and leaving their children?
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.11.14 17:23

mysterion wrote:If  the Tapas 4 did see someone hanging around 5a where 3 young children were left alone insecurely then surely they would have told K & G. K & G would then have confirmed this notification to the police in their statements.

K&G could not even agree on which door they used, or whether the curtains were wide open, or tight closed and whooshing.
A stray Paed*** watching every night and taking notes (KM's TV performance !) is hardly likely to bother them.
And incidentally Kate has NEVER gone back to the police to alter her statement and put the tight closed curtains and slamming windows and whooshing doors on the record !

Why not ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 24.11.14 17:34

Because if she goes back telling that story again off to the funny farm she.goes. I think she wouldnt be able to think that fast on her toes and without Gerry there to lend a hand...without those squeezes and grips hars enough to leave bruises...she wouldnt know when to shut up and they cant have loose cannon kate on the tv and news LOL my opinion only

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 24.11.14 18:04

This is only an educated guess, but I have always thought it more likely that Robert Murat was contacted by the Ocean Club rather than by any of the tapas group or McCs.  He was obviously well known in the Algarve property world, and having empty properties plus having English and Portuguese as native languages would have been seen as being very useful following whatever events had taken place in Praia da Luz that week.  I feel sure his hastily arranged flight back to Portugal was in response to a call from a resident of Praia da Luz rather than one from a tourist.  We know that the McCs are not renowned for their gratitude to anyone who helps them, so I would not be surprised if he was later discarded having served his initial useful purpose.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 24.11.14 19:58

Daryl Dixon wrote:
cockerspaniel wrote: TAKEN FROM ABOVE.....He's an odd fish, but it seems just too significant that 4 of the Tapas 7 identified him as someone they saw 'hanging around 5A' on the night - only to withdraw the statements some time later.

What if (and its just a thought) the tapas 4 DID see him on the night as he was helping the MCc`s in some way, and told the police that they had seen him in all honesty only to be told by K and G to withdraw that statement???
@ Daryl Dixon

@ Bishop Brennan

@ jeanmonroe

@ cockerspaniel

@ Ashwarya

There is much, much more than meets the eye about the three Tapas 7 members who claimed that they saw Robert Murat hanging around near the Ocean Club late evening on 3 May.

I posted much more detail about this on the 'Scotland Yard to interview Robert Murat again' thread - here it is again so that we can gain a much fuller insight into how Robert Murat fits into this gigantic mystery. There were AT LEAST FOURTEEN different people who at different times pointed the finger at Murat.

And in looking at the bigger picture, we must also note that:

a) he was summoned back to Praia da Luz on 30th April (Monday),

b) he rushed back as soon as he was called,

c) the stories about why he rushed back are not consistent with each other,

d) when asked a simple question about whether he already knew Murat, Dr Gerald McCann answered in such a way as to suggest that he did, and

e) when asked by police on 14 May to give an account of his movements from 1st to 4th May, Murat deliberately misled the police in at least 17 material respects (see other threds on this forum), claiming when he was re-interviewed two months later that he had been 'too tired' to tell the truth.

These are all matters that IMO cry out for the truth to be told: 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[FROM THE OTHER ROBERT MURAT THREAD]

The facts are these.

Robert Murat was indeed 'stitched up' by:

1. Jane Tanner on 13 May (she ID'd Murat who walked by a police van she was sitting in)

2. Rachael Oldfield
3. Fiona Payne
4. Russell O'Brien - all on (if memory serves) 15 & 16 May

Arguably he was also 'stitched up' by:

5. MI5/British police profilers, who told Goncalo Amaral that Murat 'fitted the profile of the abductor 90%' (all set out in Amaral's book, 'The Truth About A Lie')

6. Control Risks Group and
7. Detective Superintendent Bob Small - both of whom advised and spoke to Jane Tanner in the hours before she ID'd Murat (who looked nothing like her initial description of the abductor on 4 May and nothing like Melissa Little's later drawing of 'Tannerman')

8. Lori Campbell of the Mirror and the Independent and
9. Clarence Mitchell, then the Head of the government's Media Monitoring Unit - both of whom pointed the finger at Murat in the early days

10.)
11.)
12.) At least five other people who in the months to come were to claim that they had also seen Murat 'hanging around the Ocean Club' late on
13.) 3 May
14.)

That's one heck of a lot of people who 'stitched up' Murat.

Now look back for a moment at Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 above - NINE people.

All of these, one way or another, sooner or later, retracted their identifications of Murat.

These retractions cam over a period of months after the 'high summit' meeting between the Murat Team and the McCann Team at Salsalitas, the Burgau villa of Ralph & Sally Eveleigh, Murat's uncle and aunt, when Robert Murat and his mother squared up to Brian Kennedy, each flanked by their respective lawyers, Francisco Pagarete and high-ranking Freemason Edward Smethurst.

That was on 13 November 2007.

Look at the press reports from 1 January 2008 onwards, and you'll see how Nos. 1 to 4 and Nos. 10 to 14 all came out, sometimes via sources or spokesmen, to say things like 'I think I mistook Angus Symington/David Payne (take your pick) for Robert Murat'. The British press were helpfully provided by sources with photos of Symington and Payne looking as alike as possible to Robert Murat.

Who were those sources?

Within the story of the 'stitching-up' of Murat, and then the sudden change of tack after the 'high noon' summit in the Eveleighs' villa, lies one of the keys to this mystery.

@ BlueBag You asked: "Why did Jane Tanner and others (Rachael?) try and stitch him up if he was in on it?@

REPLY: I don't yet know.

But I believe what I described above suggests a deliberate plan to get him named as a suspect, orchestrated by the British security services

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 24.11.14 20:00

Isn't there something in that 'Buried In Mainstream Media' documentary about Murat and Gerry both having their mobile phones switched off and on at the same times that aroused suspicion? I seem to remember something about that and the narrator saying it was worth an investigation in its own right, but I can't be sure where I saw it, or even whether I saw it now. Kate also makes reference to Murat in her book, doesn't she? Off the top of my head it's something about feeling like killing him. Here it is: "I'm sure that he is involved and I feel like killing him, but I can't." Charming! Better watch out, our Kate. People can get attacked on their doorstep by Sky News and blasted all over the newspapers for saying less. But then, Brenda wasn't a McCann, was she? The double standards in this whole affair are nothing short of disgusting!

If I were in Murat's shoes I'd have got as far away from PDL and the McCanns as possible, and refused to have anything to do with them. Wherever they go they bring trouble. They are the harbingers of misery.

In my opinion.

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 24.11.14 22:32

Holy Moses Brian Griffin - that is a cracking observation.  One of the biggest mysteries of all this total sham is how Murat still feels confident to live and work in PdL regardless of what the entire village, natives and ex-pats, think of him. He is either innocent or compliant in some way with the disappearance, sorry abduction, of Madeleine.  Don't get me wrong - I would rather leave than be constantly looked at with doubt yet my spouse would say 'I am staying, I haven't been convicted of anything so let the people gossip and surmise'.  Where do other members stand on this point?
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 24.11.14 22:40

Daryl Dixon wrote:

having just read his chat with Martin Brunt it seems he was hoping that Brunt via ( Sarah a third person who may be able to get hold of British phone records ) could assist him in proving telephone calls he made on the night of the 3rd of May 07.

Bit of a strange on to me, as his home phone would be Portuguese and be a Portuguese supplier. Where would a British assistant be of any use unless it was to access a British mobile phone provider as a proof of wherehe was that night?

He said to Brunt that he made two calls from the home phone - one at 8.15pm and one at 11.53pm.

Also if my memory is correct he rang a policeman in the UK and they discussed tracing of mobile phones and calls.

Could it be that SY's analysis of mobile phone movements has flagged up a mobile number ( or numbers ?) of interest to the
investigation. I am bearing in mind that just because it's your mobile it doesn't mean it is you carrying it around PdL or yourself
using it. You might have lent it out to someone and not got it back? Or maybe your chip has ended up in someone elses phone?

Hopefully the interviews will be before Christmas. Could be interesting despite still being a skeptic.

Opinion though.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 24.11.14 22:56

sammyc wrote:Holy Moses Brian Griffin - that is a cracking observation.  One of the biggest mysteries of all this total sham is how Murat still feels confident to live and work in PdL regardless of what the entire village, natives and ex-pats, think of him. He is either innocent or compliant in some way with the disappearance, sorry abduction, of Madeleine.  Don't get me wrong - I would rather leave than be constantly looked at with doubt yet my spouse would say 'I am staying, I haven't been convicted of anything so let the people gossip and surmise'.  Where do other members stand on this point?
I don't stand anywhere in particular on this point other than to say being awarded in excess of £600,000 for damages might have helped to stay in PDL (after a jolly good cruise for a bit of rest and recuperation). £600k isn't easily earned by the average person running a small business either but it does help to show the neighbours you've been damaged and you're an innocent party.

A couple of things that strike me is that there has never been anything taken up by either the McCanns, Murat or the media on the mad ramblings of Stephen Birch - who to my mind was the most helpful person to both the McCanns and Murat in terms of internet trolling (although it was Brenda Leyland who was singled out in a media extravaganza the likes of which I've never witnessed before).

Murat's mother took her car and 'set up shop' with posters if I recall, asking for people to come forward anonymously to her and she'd pass it onto the police - someone please help me out with a link. Jenny Murat was concerned that people who had rented out their holiday homes (something to this effect) without the relevant tax declaration/public permission etc could be reluctant to give information for fear of prosecution. It was to my mind quite weird that she would think to offer some sort of indemnity/anonymity during an investigation.

Just off the top of my head and all my opinion.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 24.11.14 23:46

aquila wrote:I don't stand anywhere in particular on this point other than to say being awarded in excess of £600,000 for damages might have helped to stay in PDL (after a jolly good cruise for a bit of rest and recuperation). £600k isn't easily earned by the average person running a small business either but it does help to show the neighbours you've been damaged and you're an innocent party.

Understandable and  you have made me think by that simple explanation and  I reckon you have summed up perfectly why Murat is staying put but £600,000 damages and yet still talked about in connection with Madeleine? If he was totally innocent in this mystery surely his legal team could/would/should have gone the extra mile to rid him of this millstone round his neck.    Yes, some would be happy to have people gossip about them for that return but the fact remains that Murat is still connected with the case of Madeleine's disappearance and will be forever until the truth comes out - and £600,000 to Murat, the long time property developer in the Algarve, is about £600 to me. Money - easy come, easy go. IMO
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by woodforthetrees 25.11.14 8:49

sammyc wrote:Holy Moses Brian Griffin - that is a cracking observation.  One of the biggest mysteries of all this total sham is how Murat still feels confident to live and work in PdL regardless of what the entire village, natives and ex-pats, think of him. He is either innocent or compliant in some way with the disappearance, sorry abduction, of Madeleine.  Don't get me wrong - I would rather leave than be constantly looked at with doubt yet my spouse would say 'I am staying, I haven't been convicted of anything so let the people gossip and surmise'.  Where do other members stand on this point?

You'll probably find that he remained there as no-one would buy his business or properties off him, through fear of being associated with the case or of OG forensic teams knocking on the door on a whim.

He may also like the limelight and notoriety as well, he seems that type IMO
woodforthetrees

Activity : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 25.11.14 11:55

I think that we cant jump to any conclusion ,as so many lies are scattered amongst this case ,it seems by what we have all been looking at over last few years ,to make ones lies or may we call it mistakes ?  more important that the rest ,would nit be playing fair. joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.11.14 12:22

What disturbs me about Murat's place in all of this is the fact he only has his mother as an alibi, neither of them apparently heard a thing (in a quiet street) that urged them get out onto the street immediately. Murat himself says it's normal for his mother to be awake and busy at 1am feeding the pets.

The Murats have dogs and yet the dogs didn't bark at the disturbance of many people running up and down the road to find Madeleine? Their dogs didn't bark at the GNR dogs that passed by their house?

Murat's mother went out onto the streets in her car (was that the day Murat needed to hire a car urgently? I don't know - I'm hoping someone will provide that info) to offer some sort of mediation between residents who may have leased out their holiday homes without the relevant legal permissions. Jeepers, that's either daft or something else.

I've considered this quite a lot. I've looked at it from the 'being helpful' to the 'English doyenne of the village does her good deed', 'Jam and Jerusalem' aspect and I still come up with nothing credible.

Just my opinion of course.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 25.11.14 15:24

Jenny Murat 13.05.07 - sets up improvised information centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSkJOgvJyL4

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.11.14 22:07

sonic72 wrote:Jenny Murat 13.05.07 - sets up improvised information centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSkJOgvJyL4
Thanks sonic, I'm still trying to dig up some more info on this. I think there's an old topic somewhere.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 25.11.14 22:39

aquila wrote:What disturbs me about Murat's place in all of this is the fact he only has his mother as an alibi, neither of them apparently heard a thing (in a quiet street) that urged them get out onto the street immediately. Murat himself says it's normal for his mother to be awake and busy at 1am feeding the pets.

The Murats have dogs and yet the dogs didn't bark at the disturbance of many people running up and down the road to find Madeleine? Their dogs didn't bark at the GNR dogs that passed by their house?

Murat's mother went out onto the streets in her car (was that the day Murat needed to hire a car urgently? I don't know - I'm hoping someone will provide that info) to offer some sort of mediation between residents who may have leased out their holiday homes without the relevant legal permissions. Jeepers, that's either daft or something else.

I've considered this quite a lot. I've looked at it from the 'being helpful' to the 'English doyenne of the village does her good deed', 'Jam and Jerusalem' aspect and I still come up with nothing credible.

Just my opinion of course.
thank you for reminding me about that, Aquila .

I wonder if this is one of the questions he will be asked. I don't remember if an explanation was ever made for the urgency of the hire car request,does any one else remember why it was needed?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 25.11.14 23:38

This is taken from Jenny Murat's PJ statement, on how she first learnt about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

She says further that it was her daughter, Samantha, residing in England in the city of Exeter, who telephoned her to give her the news because by the morning our news was already running in the press of that country.

This is taken from Robert Murat's PJ statement, and how he first knew about Madeleine McCann's disappearance:

On Friday, 04/05, woke around 09:00, took a bath, went to the kitchen to his mother, the latter told him that something terrible had happened, because a child had disappeared in Praia da Luz, according to 'Sky News' that she had been watching

I don't know if something has been lost in translation in these statements, but there is a contradiction here of how they first heard about MM's disappearance. By their own admission, they heard sirens the night before, so, if Jenny Murat had had a phone call from her daughter in England, why did Robert Murat say that his mother told him that she's seen it on Sky News?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by __marla__ 25.11.14 23:49

sallypelt wrote:This is taken from Jenny Murat's PJ statement, on how she first learnt about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

She says further that it was her daughter, Samantha, residing in England in the city of Exeter, who telephoned her to give her the news because by the morning our news was already running in the press of that country.

This is taken from Robert Murat's PJ statement, and how he first knew about Madeleine McCann's disappearance:

On Friday, 04/05, woke around 09:00, took a bath, went to the kitchen to his mother, the latter told him that something terrible had happened, because a child had disappeared in Praia da Luz, according to 'Sky News' that she had been watching

I don't know if something has been lost in translation in these statements, but there is a contradiction here of how they first heard about MM's disappearance. By their own admission, they heard sirens the night before, so, if Jenny Murat had had a phone call from her daughter in England, why did Robert Murat say that his mother told him that she's seen it on Sky News?

Jenny says "Our" news, i took that to mean regional news  and that she put sky news on when her daughter phoned.

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 26.11.14 13:42

Its strange..this statement : She says further that it was her daughter, Samantha, residing in England in the city of Exeter, who telephoned her to give her the news because by the morning our news was already running in the press of that country.
Would the daughter call to give the news to mom who was living in PDL..or would it be more reasonable to think Jenny M. ALREADY knew with it being her town it happened in. Wouldnt the daughter call to ask what happened? I believe Jenny and Robert M knew already, the poliece were goung door to door searching and how close was theirproperty again? I dont believe The Murats were that blinded to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 26.11.14 13:49

kimHager wrote:Its strange..this statement : She says further that it was her daughter, Samantha, residing in England in the city of Exeter, who telephoned her to give her the news because by the morning our news was already running in the press of that country.
Would the daughter call to give the news to mom who was living in PDL..or would it be more reasonable to think Jenny M. ALREADY knew with it being her town it happened in. Wouldnt the daughter call to ask what happened? I believe Jenny and Robert M knew already, the poliece were goung door to door searching and how close was theirproperty again? I dont believe The Murats were that blinded to this.
KinHager, it's very ambiguous, I must admit. That's why I said that some things may have been lost in translation.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 26.11.14 13:52

And here we thought Robert M was a perfect translator ROFL...hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.11.14 15:12

__marla__ wrote:
sallypelt wrote:This is taken from Jenny Murat's PJ statement, on how she first learnt about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

@ __marla__

@ kimHager

@ sallypelt   

Robert Murat's claim that he 'woke around 9am and took a bath' on the morning of 4 May was exposed as untrue when he was subjected to rigorous questioning by the PJ over a two-day period, 10th & 11th July.

As I've said in my articles on Robert Murat's 17 lies (when first questioned on 14 May):

He previously said he had woken at 9.00am on Friday 4 May. He now admitted he had telephoned Michaela at 8.27am and must have got up earlier.

I rather suspect that during this 8.27am 'phone call from Murat to his beloved, the subject of Madeleine's reported disappearance was discussed. 

Murat says he 'can't remember' what was discussed.

If I'm right and they did talk about Madeleine's disappearance, that rather casts doubt on Jenny Murat's claim that they only heard about Madeleine's  disappearance in a 'phone call from England.

Praia da Luz was swarming with police and villagers out looking for Madeleine Friday morning.

And the Murats were unaware?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top