The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects - Page 1 Mm11

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects - Page 1 Mm11

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects - Page 1 Regist10

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects - Page 1 Empty Re: SY delay interviews of 11 suspects

Post by Tony Bennett 18.11.14 23:32

It is believed Operation Grange detectives cancelled their five-day trip to Faro over confusion about whether some of the people set to be interviewed would be questioned as arguidos - formal suspects in Portugal - or witnesses. Prosecutor Ines Sequeira is off sick and was unable to clarify the situation, sparking the suspension of the trip by DCI Andy Redwood and his colleagues. A new date for the interviews has not been set - and they are now unlikely to happen this year. A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We have never officially confirmed when we are going out and we're not going to give a running commentary on this case

PJO = Portuguese Justice Ministry
AR = DCI And Redwood

Tel call yesterday

PJO: Hallo?

AR: Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, Operation Grange, Metropolitan Police speaking 

PJO: And?

AR: I asked to be put through to Senora Ines Sequeira

PJO: You can't speak to her

AR: Why not?

PJO to colleague (puts hand over receiver): What shall I tell him about why he can't speak to Senora Sequeira?

Colleague (whispers): Tell him she's off sick

PJO: She's off sick

AR: For how long?

PJO: Search me

AR: But I need to speak to her about the 11 people we're interviewing next week

PJO: Well, Senora Sequeira says you can't 

AR: Whyever not? The British press have said the interviews are next week, we've all booked our flights, and we've paid for another week's accommodation at the villa

PJO: You should have cleared that with Senora Sequeira, I know nothing about this

AR: Look, OK, if we can't come next week, what about the week after? We've got to get on with interviewing these suspects

PJO: Yes, but which ones are suspects and which ones are witnesses? We haven't made a ruling on that yet

AR: But we told you which were which three weeks ago

PJO: Signor Redwood, I think you need to remember that's for us to decide - and for us to tell you about when we've decided

AR: At this rate, we won't be able to get these interviews done until next year

PJO: You're not wrong there

AR: I just don't understand why there's another hold-up

PJO: Signor Redwood, we told you last time that the Portuguese judicial system is in crisis. There are huge delays. We still haven't got our new computer system running yet. We've closed down 20 courts. The economy's flat-lining and we'll probably need another EU bail-out next year. Now let me get on with sorting that little lot out, will you please. Don't call us again. We'll let you know when we're ready to see you

AR: Yes, but just one more thing...

[sound of 'phone being disconnected]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects - Page 1 Empty Re: SY delay interviews of 11 suspects

Post by sonic72 19.11.14 0:40

The whole saga has been riddled with delays and set-backs right from the start, and not forgetting all the ducking and diving by the Mccanns and the tapas clan (reconstruction etc).

There has been no urgency throughout this case, strange when there's supposed to be a girl's life at stake...

Does the prosecutor not have someone who can continue the role when they're sick? Seems a weak excuse to me. It does also seem like the papers are back-tracking, making claims that have not been publicly announced by the police, because as they say, they 'do not give a running commentary'.

'Do not give a running commentary', a well favoured tag line from team Mccann, didn't Redwood also say they will be 'leaving no stone unturned'?!

You've got to laugh at this continual soap opera. If they somehow do get brought down and go to prison, it would make film of the century!

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 19.11.14 1:49

sonic72 wrote:The whole saga has been riddled with delays and set-backs right from the start, and not forgetting all the ducking and diving by the Mccanns and the tapas clan (reconstruction etc).

There has been no urgency throughout this case, strange when there's supposed to be a girl's life at stake...

Does the prosecutor not have someone who can continue the role when they're sick? Seems a weak excuse to me. It does also seem like the papers are back-tracking, making claims that have not been publicly announced by the police, because as they say, they 'do not give a running commentary'.

'Do not give a running commentary', a well favoured tag line from team Mccann, didn't Redwood also say they will be 'leaving no stone unturned'?!

You've got to laugh at this continual soap opera. If they somehow do get brought down and go to prison, it would make film of the century!

Oh yes - let's not forget that they were all desperate to help in the PJ reconstruction, until push came to shove and then they suddenly discovered reasons why they would not/could not/should not/f***ing hell you must be joking, never ever will take part in such a reconstruction.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

SY delay interviews of 11 suspects - Page 1 Empty Express "Version of the Truth"

Post by PeterMac 19.11.14 8:26

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/536989/Madeleine-McCann-hunt-latest-Met-Police-delay-suspects-quiz-Portugal

Blow for Maddie McCann cops as Scotland Yard forced to postpone plans to quiz new suspects
SCOTLAND Yard’s hopes of a breakthrough in the Madeleine McCann probe were dealt a blow tonight after they were forced to postpone plans to quiz new suspects.

But then further down
Scotland Yard detectives suspect Madeleine, three when she vanished, was killed during a bungled break-in.
They dug up waste ground and inspected sewers in Praia da Luz in June in a grim search for her body

Which means that SY believe the FUND has been a total Fraud for the past 7 years.
It also confirms that they know perfectly well, along with all but 2 of the entire population of the earth, that it is highly probable that Madeleine is dead,
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by woodforthetrees 19.11.14 9:16

"Cops hoping for a breakthrough in the case of missing Madeleine McCann were dealt a blow after they were forced to postpone plans to quiz new suspects."

Most likely because they have been confirmed as OLD witnesses, not new ones, hence confusion on the arguido status by the new prosecutor.
woodforthetrees

Activity : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 19.11.14 9:31

PeterMac wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/536989/Madeleine-McCann-hunt-latest-Met-Police-delay-suspects-quiz-Portugal

Blow for Maddie McCann cops as Scotland Yard forced to postpone plans to quiz new suspects
SCOTLAND Yard’s hopes of a breakthrough in the Madeleine McCann probe were dealt a blow tonight after they were forced to postpone plans to quiz new suspects.

But then further down
Scotland Yard detectives suspect Madeleine, three when she vanished, was killed during a bungled break-in.
They dug up waste ground and inspected sewers in Praia da Luz in June in a grim search for her body

Which means that SY believe the FUND has been a total Fraud for the past 7 years.
It also confirms that they know perfectly well, along with all but 2 of the entire population of the earth, that it is highly probable that Madeleine is dead,

Agree with you, PM, but they'd still have to prove that Kate and Gerry knew it was a fraud. Very tricky, since they've been very careful to always state that they believe Madeleine could still be alive. That's their fallback defense. The only way they can prove Kate and Gerry knew it was a fraud, IMO, is if they can also prove that Kate and Gerry knew Madeleine was dead from the start. Which is possibly what SY is working towards.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.11.14 9:43

PeterMac wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/536989/Madeleine-McCann-hunt-latest-Met-Police-delay-suspects-quiz-Portugal

But then further down

That's a pretty big leap to take PeterMac. It's possible that SY are looking into this - and you would know being a senior police officer yourself because it's likely you would have been looking at that- but it's not a statement I'd make given the appalling record of the Met and the weird early intervention of the UK government.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 19.11.14 9:53

But the limited company is still operating.  Why ?  It still seeks financial donations.  It still says there is nothing to suggest Madeleine has been harmed.  Digging, cadaver dogs and "not alive when she left the apartment" suggest otherwise to me.

They are not paying Scotland Yard, they are not paying Portugal.  They cannot legally employ their own investigator in Portugal.  So why are they asking for money ?

What other limited company would be allowed to take money from the public for no apparent reason.  Why has the online store section of the website not been suspended pending the outcome of the investigation ?

I cannot see any reason why it should still be trading.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Evening_All 19.11.14 10:19

It's a bit tiresome hearing about this "bungled break in". The doors were open according to witnesses present. The open window was initiated from the inside according to forensic evidence. Nothing of value was taken.
Burglar waits outside the apartment he has been watching for a week enters through the front door or patio door in the the 5 minute clunk timespace after Gerry leaves , Madeleine wakes up he punches and kills her deciding there and then where to dispose of her body but for good measure he puts on his gloves and opens the bedroom window and shutters just to fool the police taking from his personal drug supply enough to sedate the other 2 children and dosing them up before calmly walking up the road with a bundle resembling a dead child (a common occurance in PDL I am told) . What would an insurance company have to say about this if a claim was made?
Evening_All
Evening_All

Activity : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.11.14 11:53

Evening_All wrote:It's a bit tiresome hearing about this "bungled break in". The doors were open according to witnesses present.  What would an insurance company have to say about this if a claim was made?

"How did the burglators enter the property, Mr and Mrs?"

"Er, um, actually, to be honest, we, umm, diliberately and consciously, left the patio door unlocked, whilst we went out with our mates, out of sight, for dinner"

"And i should pay out on the insurance claim, you've made, because?"

"Well you know why. Erm, Kate Carriedaway says we're all nice and lovely and, and, should you, of course, say otherwise, we'll sue you?"

"NEXT!"
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.11.14 12:04

sami wrote:But the limited company is still operating.  Why ?  It still seeks financial donations.  It still says there is nothing to suggest Madeleine has been harmed.  Digging, cadaver dogs and "not alive when she left the apartment" suggest otherwise to me.

They are not paying Scotland Yard, they are not paying Portugal.  They cannot legally employ their own investigator in Portugal.  So why are they asking for money ?

What other limited company would be allowed to take money from the public for no apparent reason.  Why has the online store section of the website not been suspended pending the outcome of the investigation ?

There's a pretty simple but imo ugly answer for this.

It's within the bounds of legitimate trading.

Where there is 'hope' will always see the Fund capable of trading legitimately.

I don't like it, you don't like it either. It's just the way it is. It's legal.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 19.11.14 13:47

Lazz again. It’s only short so I’ll post it in full.

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Cancelled.html

Cancelled

Ah so it is being reported that the interviews the Metropolitan Police had hoped to sit in on, in Portugal when the Portuguese Police authorities interview a number of individuals at the request of the Met, are cancelled/postponed?

DCI Redwood and those who would have accompanied him I am sure will be able to find some other way of using this unexpected (?) free time they now have on their hands, put it to good use I am sure.  They may even find that they are able to interview some others in the UK?  

His review turned investigation/review has been ongoing for more than three and a half years - what's another day, week, month, year - there really has been no urgency on the part of the Met thus far.  Which kinda let's us know they are not looking for an alive Madeleine or as Gerry McCann referred to his daughter in a blog entry back in 2009  a real and findable little girl!

McCann:

"We urge you to remember Madeleine as a real, living and findable little girl."

(Findable Little Girl, blog above)

Has Gerry McCann made this clear to DCI Andy Redwood and his huge team of detectives, as they don't appear to be approaching this investigation from the angle of a 'real, living and findable little girl?'

Just a thought - why is it that when persons are interviewed in this case, that their names are splattered across the press.

I don't recall this happening when Kate McCann, Gerry McCann, David Payne, Fiona Payne, Matthew Oldfield, Rachael Oldfield, Russell O'Brien, Jane Tanner or Dianne Webster were interviewed by the Metropolitan Police...

They were interviewed by the Met..?

l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun
19th November 2014
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.14 13:47

[quote="Tony Bennett"]It is believed Operation Grange detectives cancelled their five-day trip to Faro over confusion about whether some of the people set to be interviewed would be questioned as arguidos - formal suspects in Portugal - or witnesses. Prosecutor Ines Sequeira is off sick and was unable to clarify the situation, sparking the suspension of the trip by DCI Andy Redwood and his colleagues. A new date for the interviews has not been set - and they are now unlikely to happen this year. A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We have never officially confirmed when we are going out and we're not going to give a running commentary on this case

PJO = Portuguese Justice Ministry
AR = DCI And Redwood

Tel call yesterday

[b][color=#000066]PJO: Hallo?[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, Operation Grange, Metropolitan Police speaking [/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: And?[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: I asked to be put through to Senora Ines Sequeira[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: You can't speak to her[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: Why not?[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO to colleague (puts hand over receiver): What shall I tell him about why he can't speak to Senora Sequeira?[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]Colleague (whispers): Tell him she's off sick[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: She's off sick[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: For how long?[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: Search me[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: But I need to speak to her about the 11 people we're interviewing next week[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: Well, Senora Sequeira says you can't [/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: Whyever not? The British press have said the interviews are next week, we've all booked our flights, and we've paid for another week's accommodation at the villa[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: You should have cleared that with Senora Sequeira, I know nothing about this[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: Look, OK, if we can't come next week, what about the week after? We've got to get on with interviewing these suspects[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: Yes, but which ones are suspects and which ones are witnesses? We haven't made a ruling on that yet[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: But we told you which were which three weeks ago[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: Signor Redwood, I think you need to remember that's for us to decide - and for us to tell you about when we've decided[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: At this rate, we won't be able to get these interviews done until next year[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: You're not wrong there[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: I just don't understand why there's another hold-up[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]PJO: Signor Redwood, we told you last time that the Portuguese judicial system is in crisis. There are huge delays. We still haven't got our new computer system running yet. We've closed down 20 courts. The economy's flat-lining and we'll probably need another EU bail-out next year. Now let me get on with sorting that little lot out, will you please. Don't call us again. We'll let you know when we're ready to see you[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066]AR: Yes, but just one more thing...[/color][/b]

[b][color=#000066][sound of 'phone being disconnected][/color][/b][/quote]
goodpost
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.14 13:49

[quote="Evening_All"]It's a bit tiresome hearing about this "bungled break in". The doors were open according to witnesses present. The open window was initiated from the inside according to forensic evidence. Nothing of value was taken.
Burglar waits outside the apartment he has been watching for a week enters through the front door or patio door in the the 5 minute clunk timespace after Gerry leaves , Madeleine wakes up he punches and kills her deciding there and then where to dispose of her body but for good measure he puts on his gloves and opens the bedroom window and shutters just to fool the police taking from his personal drug supply enough to sedate the other 2 children and dosing them up before calmly walking up the road with a bundle resembling a dead child (a common occurance in PDL I am told) . What would an insurance company have to say about this if a claim was made?[/quote]

what

glee
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.11.14 14:15

Evening_All wrote:It's a bit tiresome hearing about this "bungled break in". The doors were open according to witnesses present. The open window was initiated from the inside according to forensic evidence. Nothing of value was taken.
Burglar waits outside the apartment he has been watching for a week enters through the front door or patio door in the the 5 minute clunk timespace after Gerry leaves , Madeleine wakes up he punches and kills her deciding there and then where to dispose of her body but for good measure he puts on his gloves and opens the bedroom window and shutters just to fool the police taking from his personal drug supply enough to sedate the other 2 children and dosing them up before calmly walking up the road with a bundle resembling a dead child (a common occurance in PDL I am told) . What would an insurance company have to say about this if a claim was made?

It seems to me your theory is as good any other, Evening_All and goes some way to explain why, having first hidden the body in the second bedroom, the burglar placed it behind the sofa before deciding that it stood less chance of discovery if he carried it away to a place that only s/he would know where to find it.  

Given uncle Phil's assurance that 'nothing of value' was taken from the apartment, we'll have to wait for a similar case to occur in which items of value are taken in order to discover what an insurance company would say about a claim in these cirucmstances.  .
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Evening_All 21.11.14 8:18

I suppose SY could always assist the PJ in uncovering the "hellish lair" theory of PI David Edgar fame. Still wouldn't explain the (ssshhh don't mention) CADAVER DOGS. They were referred to on the programme the other night but for some reason were not allowed to be shown. Stark contrast to a couple of years back when panorama showed the footage but described them as DNA dogs. Just a musing thought sequence gone wrong.

spin spin
Evening_All
Evening_All

Activity : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 21.11.14 8:43

sami wrote:But the limited company is still operating.  Why ?  It still seeks financial donations.  It still says there is nothing to suggest Madeleine has been harmed.  Digging, cadaver dogs and "not alive when she left the apartment" suggest otherwise to me.

Even those members of the public who (still) believe that Kate and Gerry are innocent and that Maddie was abducted must have felt very uneasy by the way the McCanns used money people were kind enough to donate. The mortgage thing, for one, must have made a few people sit up and say, 'Hang on a sec...' but still the Fund makes money. There is something I find very unsavoury about the Mcs attitude towards money. I know it's a fake, but that picture of them beaming and counting that pile of money gets me every time. It wouldn't work so well, if there were not some truth in it!

In my opinion.

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 21.11.14 8:47

Portia wrote:
Evening_All wrote:It's a bit tiresome hearing about this "bungled break in". The doors were open according to witnesses present. The open window was initiated from the inside according to forensic evidence. Nothing of value was taken.

what

glee
You forgot the bit about putting Cuddlecat out of reach.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 21.11.14 9:58

Snipped from The Portugal News.

The postponement is not expected to be too lengthy, with sources saying that once clarity had been received from Portimão Public Prosecutor Inês Sequeira regarding the legalities flagged by Portuguese police, interviews would be re-scheduled “within ten to 15 days”.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 21.11.14 12:02

NickE wrote:Snipped from The Portugal News.

The postponement is not expected to be too lengthy, with sources saying that once clarity had been received from Portimão Public Prosecutor Inês Sequeira regarding the legalities flagged by Portuguese police, interviews would be re-scheduled “within ten to 15 days”.

That sounds a lot better . because get to Dec then it will be xmas holidays . and more delays .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 21.11.14 14:21

stillsloppingout wrote:
NickE wrote:Snipped from The Portugal News.

That sounds a lot better . because get to Dec then it will be xmas holidays . and more delays .

Ah but my money's on January anyway when we hear the court ruling for Snr.Amaral. I wonder if the met-PJ will pounce on K&G then, no need for fancy EAW's.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 21.11.14 20:10

I have a feeling one of the reasons SY are keeping a police presence close to the Portuguese is because they fear the Portuguese might try and arrest the McCanns on their soil. Just a theory.

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 21.11.14 20:19

I don`t think so. SY has no jurisdiction in Portugal.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.11.14 20:19

Why would SY fear the Portuguese police arresting the McCanns?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 22.11.14 2:04

mysterion wrote:I don`t think so. SY has no jurisdiction in Portugal.
No, but they can get in the way, and react immediately by calling the UK government to intervene, scupper and dictate...it's not like that hasn't worked before, is it?

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top