The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

ANOTHER TV programme about Madeleine - Tuesday 18 November, 7pm, Channel 5 - 'Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession'

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ANOTHER TV programme about Madeleine - Tuesday 18 November, 7pm, Channel 5 - 'Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession'

Post by woodforthetrees on 18.11.14 8:57

Finally - is he dressed up just a little bit like a certain Mr Smithman?

Well he has the long hair, so this is clearly Tannerman

Wonder if he will admit to carrying his child home from the crèche at 9.15? big grin

woodforthetrees

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANOTHER TV programme about Madeleine - Tuesday 18 November, 7pm, Channel 5 - 'Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession'

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.11.14 17:34

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/madeleine-mccann-a-global-obsession-madeleine-campaign-gets-favouritism-claims-father-of-missing-norfolk-boy-9868280.html

Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession: Madeleine campaign gets 'favouritism', claims father of missing Norfolk boy

The father of a seven year-old boy who has been missing for 11 years has claimed that the parents of Madeleine McCann have received “favouritism” over the campaign to find their daughter.

Norfolk Police launched an extensive hunt for Daniel Entwistle, of Great Yarmouth, who failed to return to his home on May 4 2003, four years to the day before the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal.

Daniel was captured on a local shop’s CCTV and his bike was found near a local quay, leading to a river bed search. But he remains missing 11 years on and the case faded from the headlines.

David Entwistle, Daniel’s father, questioned the resources and media attention which the McCann case still receives, seven years after her unresolved disappearance.

“I’ve got 110% respect for Madeleine. I hope she does get found but I can’t understand why they’re in the paper every couple of days,” Mr Entwistle told Channel 5 documentary, Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession, which airs Tuesday night.

He added: “Feels like to me it’s favouritism because they’re up there and they’re always…they’re campaigning, they’re getting money here, there and left right and centre.”

Contributors to the programme claimed that the disparity was because the McCanns were a “middle-class family” who were able to successfully “market” their family tragedy.

Judy Bachrach, Contributing Editor at Vanity Fair who covered the case and interviewed the McCanns, said: “Gerry McCann (father) made it his business to, as he put it me in an interview with me, ‘Market his child.’ He called it the ‘Marketing of Madeleine McCann’ and this, of course, was the act of a very desperate father. I cannot tell you that it worked perfectly, it worked very imperfectly but it worked.”

Ms Bachrach added: “They were told by child abduction experts ‘If you cry on television…the kidnapper might get off on that.’ Horrible though that sounds, so she (Kate, mother) had to keep a stoic face on television. She couldn’t weep, she couldn’t look distraught and so she looked kind of like a robot.”

Matthew Parris, the Times columnist, told the programme: “Middle class people are better at arousing interest and at keeping attention focused. Sometimes they have the levers at their disposal that working class people don’t.”

Journalist Martin Bright said: “If you’re a missing person, you shouldn’t be a boy, black or working class. I find it very worrying that journalists and editors go down the route of being particularly selective about the missing children that they focus on.”

Martin Frizell, GMTV editor at the time of the Entwistle and McCann cases, who narrated the documentary, admitted: “ The police investigation continued (into Daniel Entwistle) but after a few days and with no donations and no PR campaign, there was nothing new to report so we, and the rest of the media, quietly stopped covering it. It’s the nature of news that other stories were developing at the time. Eleven years on, Daniel’s still missing.”

Michael Cole, PR advisor to Mohamed Al Fayed, said of the negative media coverage that McCanns subsequently received: “The monstering of the McCanns by the British media is one of the most shameful episodes of the British free press. It should not have happened. Perhaps it was the heat of the Algarve sun or the fact that they were a long way from Fleet Street, though a collective madness seemed to afflict the whole of the British Press corp.”

In 2008, the McCanns accepted £550,000 libel damages and front-page apologies from Express Newspapers over false allegations that they were responsible for Madeleine’s death.
===============================================

In 2008, the McCanns accepted £550,000 libel damages and front-page apologies from Express Newspapers over false allegations that they were responsible for Madeleine’s death.
-------------------------------------------------------

Can't seem to remember, exactly, when it was that the McCann's PROVED in a court room, they were NOT 'responsible' for Madeleine's 'fate'!

Must have 'missed' that!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.11.14 17:45

@woodforthetrees wrote:

Well he has the long hair, so this is clearly Tannerman

Wonder if he will admit to carrying his child home from the crèche at 9.15? big grin

All 'De rigueur' in high class PDL, in May 2007, doncha ya know?

"Crecheman, Tannerman, Smithman' wouldn't be seen 'dead' leaving their holiday apartments/chalets (BH) 'carrying their kids'  er, 'undressed', without the obligatory, 'co-ordinating' .............NON British, (JT) 'dark jacket, light coloured trouser 'look'!

Other fashionable 'casual looks' are available at other good fashion outlets.

Rothley? Leicester?

All, imo, as USUAL!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 18.11.14 19:01

@missbeetle wrote:Does anyone know which vantage point this picture was taken from?

(snipped from tvrage.com)

Martin Frizell's a new one on me. First off - he has untrustworthy hair.

Secondly - why so defensively posed, Mr F...?

That stance gives your poor navy jacket an unfortunate leg o'mutton shoulderline.

My opinion only.
Vantage point is at or near the trig point above the Rocha Negra.  He somehow manages to look like a cardboard cut out rather than actually there, on the spot so to speak.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 18.11.14 19:24

Watching programme now . it is a load of bollocks .

I turned over when i saw the image of the messy bed with cuddle cat on it . and that is why they will never be charged . too many people in high places have invested too much into them and as i said people would rather accept a lie than acknowledge an unpalatable truth .

Shocking programme . it did state though that , as i have always said the press did not follow them ever .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 18.11.14 19:48

"the smell of death on cuddle cat on Kate's clothes and in the car boot led to the parents being monstered by the press"

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 18.11.14 19:57

There was definitely a lot of WTF moments in there that I won't waste my keyboard on, but (always a but) Mary Nightingale especially was saying such ridiculous things at times I wonder if it was all a big act.

Oh well, wait for the next doc, I guess.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evening_All on 18.11.14 20:02

Kate Garraway saying how lovely people the McCanns are nearly made me vomit. This is the British media at its worst. Toe the party line or else is the message that went out tonight. wtf2 wtf2

Evening_All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 18.11.14 20:12

Toe the party line or else is the message that went out tonight. angry

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brixham on 18.11.14 20:32

I was surprised that there was mention of 'apparent' cadaver odour in the bedroom and behind the sofa and also mention of the unlocked patio door.

brixham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 18.11.14 20:41

I wonder who produced it SY !!! If it was meant to co incide with the latest rounds of questioning , well that has been scuppered now .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 18.11.14 20:59

I thought the Swedish media was the worst,
I was wrong!
no

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic on 18.11.14 21:09

@brixham wrote:I was surprised that there was mention of 'apparent' cadaver odour in the bedroom and behind the sofa and also mention of the unlocked patio door.
And they showed goncalo truth of the lie and stated his thesis

Also very careful editing for the trailers this week regarding the press sinking below their normal standards in the full programme tonight the last sentance was in the treatment of Robert murat - no mention of the mccanns

So there were some unbiased statements/viewpoints

At this moment in time no network/press proprietor will allow anyone to openly dispute or express their doubts regarding the mccann version of events - we just have to accept that it won't change

Sceptic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brixham on 18.11.14 21:26

'And they showed goncalo truth of the lie and stated his thesis'
Yes Sceptic and they translated the title to English for ease of Googling.

brixham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 18.11.14 21:44

To be fair, you cannot blame the media for their stance on this. They are a commercial business. The last thing anyone wants is to find themselves being sued by the McCanns. I always stay very guarded about this case as I believe one day the McCanns will come after joe public and I do not want to find myself in court.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 18.11.14 21:58

@Benion wrote:To be fair, you cannot blame the media for their stance on this. They are a commercial business. The last thing anyone wants is to find themselves being sued by the McCanns. I always stay very guarded about this case as I believe one day the McCanns will come after joe public and I do not want to find myself in court.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, they can't take everyone to court, it would run into the hundreds of thousands laughat

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banshee on 18.11.14 22:16

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@Benion wrote:To be fair, you cannot blame the media for their stance on this. They are a commercial business. The last thing anyone wants is to find themselves being sued by the McCanns. I always stay very guarded about this case as I believe one day the McCanns will come after joe public and I do not want to find myself in court.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, they can't take everyone to court, it would run into the hundreds of thousands laughat
Imo, if they do continue to come after the public, with Brenda Leyland being their first victim, it will be people who, at least, own a home worth threatening to sue for .. I doubt they'd waste their resources on poor people .. good job I rent and don't have 2 bob then, eh !

Wanted to add it's obvious it would be bye-bye career if any journalist un-toed the TM line.

banshee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 18.11.14 22:22

I think if they go for joe public, they will start on Twitter. There was a guy who was rumoured to be a paedophile, think he was a lord, anyway it turned out he was an innocent man and he tried to sue every Twitter user who defamed him. In the end I think he just settled on Sally Bercow, but at one stage he was after everyone.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.11.14 23:37

Dosen't matter IF the patio doors were 'locked' or 'unlocked' does it?

(so no NEED to make a 'thing' about sliding, unlocked, patio doors, in this latest 'version' of events)

Because;

"In this way, at about 21.05 the witness, (GM) came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine."

"At about 22.00 it was his wife Kate who went to check on the children. She entered the apartment by the door using the key..."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

So BOTH 'used' 'a' KEY to enter G5A on their 'checks'

I wonder in WHICH door they BOTH 'used' their key to 'enter' the apartment for their 'checks'.

And HOW did MO 'get in' their apartment unless HE too was also was GIVEN a 'key'?

Unless.......... of course, i've 'missed' something.

Those damn Portuguese are totally 'off message' with regards the TV 'programmes' timings and the co-ordination of libel case and OG 'investigation/ suspect interviews' aren't they?

Oh well, gives ANOTHER TV 'producer' ANOTHER chance to make a 'eulogy' dosen't it, when the 'dates' are more 'defined'?

CAN'T WAIT!

Jez Wilkins, anyone?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 19.11.14 0:11

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Well said smoke. There are indeed hundreds of thousands of us who, with good reason, disbelieve the McCann version of Madeleine's disappearance. The hundreds of thousands of us who have been trying to be Madeleine's voice for over seven years have yet to get past the MSM. Sad Shame on them for letting this little girl down.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.11.14 0:24

I KNOW i shouldn't but...........IF anyone wants to 'see' the 'discrepancies' in this latest 'offering'

(the kiddie's 'bedroom' door HANGING on the LEFT, (to 'pretend' MO couldn't 'see' Madeleine's bed, because it was 'hidden' BEHIND the door opening to the LEFT, get it?) when in reality it WAS 'hung' on the RIGHT, opening onto a wall)

Where GA's book is 'banned', forgetting to 'mention' that it is NOT actually 'banned' after 2 'failed' attempts by the McCanns, to do so, with them AND their children having appeal court costs awarded, AGAINST them ALL.

With Cuddle Cat 'lying' on the bed, even though CC was 'supposed' to be on 'a high ledge', out of Madeleine's reach' because that's how KM 'knows', just knows, Madeleine has 'been abducted'

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/madeleines-favourite-cuddle-cat-toy-was-placed-out-of-her-reach-7280875.html
Madeleine's favourite 'Cuddle Cat' toy was 'placed out of her reach'

Published: 12 August 2007
Kate McCann clutches Madeleine's 'Cuddle Cat' toy

Madeleine's favourite toy, her pink 'Cuddle Cat, was taken from her arms and placed beyond her reach by her kidnapper, according to new reports.
This important evidence could point to the fact that Madeleine was actually taken alive.
According to a report in the Sunday Mirror, Kate McCann knew instantly that Madeleine had been abducted when she saw that the toy had been moved from her sleeping daughter's arms and placed on a ledge way beyond the four-year-old's reach.
The paper quotes a police source as saying: "When Kate tucked Madeleine up in bed earlier in the evening she had the toy tightly in her arms as she did every night.
"So Kate was terrified when she spotted it had been left in a place too high for her to reach.
"Kate also noticed the window was wide open and the shutters jammed up.
"It was because of these things that she had no doubt Madeleine had been kidnapped and she ran out to scream for help."

THIS LATEST TV PROG, MAGICALLY, 'RETURNS' CC BACK ONTO THE BED!

Oh well, as Dave 'Grabbit' Edgar lately of 'Grabbit&Leggit' P.I. for the McCann's. always says 'It dosen't matter where key witnesses are 'placed'

Presumeably, that includes CC as well!

Here it is:

http://www.channel5.com/shows/madeleine-mccann-a-global-obsession/episodes/madelaine-mccann-a-global-obsession

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.11.14 1:12

Garraway and Nightingale: (if McS are 'arrested')

"Huh, they never fooled us, not for a single second, we knew all along they were 'involved' in Madeleine's 'disappearance', just rewind our interviews, tv programmes and statements, to prove we've always said they were 'dodgy'"

"Fooled us?"

"You havin' a laff?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.11.14 1:38

@maebee wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Well said smoke. There are indeed hundreds of thousands of us who, with good reason, disbelieve the McCann version of Madeleine's disappearance. The hundreds of thousands of us who have been trying to be Madeleine's voice for over seven years have yet to get past the MSM. Sad Shame on them for letting this little girl down.

For me this is the fundamental issue. If the media can close down debate on the biggest ever crime in the history of the UK, what can't they close down debate on?

This is fundamentally an issue about free speech.

I know for many people it is an issue about Madeleine, and I respect that. But for me and many others the key issue is that we have to resist a media manipulation campaign of such vast proportions.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.11.14 1:45

Speak for yourself Benion. A lot of people here, who have no capital, would be only too happy to be sued by the McCanns as they would be able then address some of the issues in court in the UK at no cost to themselves as "you can't get blood out of a stone", as the saying goes.

The mega rich and the poor are alike in being able to say what they like about the McCanns. You won't find them suing Bill Gates any time soon.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evening_All on 19.11.14 2:44

I've always believed that Kate McC ran back to the Tapas wine drinkers screaming "we let her down". Whatever that's supposed to mean? Lowered her into the waiting paedophiles gang's trafiking truck perhaps?
Gosh and golly.

Evening_All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum