The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN) - Page 2 Mm11

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN) - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN) - Page 2 Mm11

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN) - Page 2 Regist10

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: "Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN)

Post by Brian Griffin 10.11.14 15:43

I have a theory that SY are just maintaining a police presence in the Algarve until this trial business is over, in case the PJ decide to get the handcuffs out while our two Great British Heroes are back there trying to collect the dosh they think they are entitled to.

Either that, or this search for suspects is never going to end, and it's all at the cost of the British tax-payer. Enough already!

In my opinion.

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: "Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN)

Post by Doug D 10.11.14 16:00

ITV's take on the story:

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-11-10/two-brits-among-seven-new-suspects-in-madeleine-mccann-investigation/

10 November 2014 at 3:23pm

Two Brits among seven new suspects in Madeleine McCann investigation
Emma Murphy

A British man and woman are among seven people to be questioned as suspects in the Madeleine McCann investigation.
The seven will be spoken to by officers between November 24 and November 28 in Faro.
Two women will be questioned - the British one and another of Eastern or Central European origin.
Five men, two British and three Portuguese will also be asked for their whereabouts on the night Madeleine vanished. A further four people will be spoken to as witnesses.
It’s thought three of those being questioned will be declared “arguidos” - or given formal suspect status under Portuguese law.
Some of those being questioned have been spoken to by police before - none were known to the McCanns.
It’s thought some amongst the group may have worked at the Ocean Club around the time the three year old disappeared.
This is the latest stage of the British investigation into what may have happened and follows extensive reviews of mobile phone footage.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 10.11.14 17:02

Doug D wrote:ITV's take on the story:

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-11-10/two-brits-among-seven-new-suspects-in-madeleine-mccann-investigation/

10 November 2014 at 3:23pm

Two Brits among seven new suspects in Madeleine McCann investigation
Emma Murphy

A British man and woman are among seven people to be questioned as suspects in the Madeleine McCann investigation.
The seven will be spoken to by officers between November 24 and November 28 in Faro.
Two women will be questioned - the British one and another of Eastern or Central European origin.
Five men, two British and three Portuguese will also be asked for their whereabouts on the night Madeleine vanished. A further four people will be spoken to as witnesses.
It’s thought three of those being questioned will be declared “arguidos” - or given formal suspect status under Portuguese law.
Some of those being questioned have been spoken to by police before - none were known to the McCanns.
It’s thought some amongst the group may have worked at the Ocean Club around the time the three year old disappeared.
This is the latest stage of the British investigation into what may have happened and follows extensive reviews of mobile phone footage.
Murats girlfriend?

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 10.11.14 17:12

-------

How could the press know this? How can this be stated as fact? More lies I suppose.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 10.11.14 17:26

j.rob wrote:It’s thought three of those being questioned will be declared “arguidos” - or given formal suspect status under Portuguese law.

-------

How could the press know this? How can this be stated as fact? More lies I suppose.
I Agree.
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn´t DP have friends or relatives who lived down there and helped DP and the McCann´s with pre-paid mobile phones?

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 10.11.14 17:35

The seven suspects know the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine, then aged three, vanished from on May 3 2007, know each other and made phone calls the night she disappeared, Jornal de Noticias said.

------------

This could be quite good news. Or is it maybe an attempt to stitch up some of the supporting cast, while the big fishes swim free? But surely someone will crack?

The 'burglary gone wrong' part is nonsense. But of course it could be deliberate misinformation. 

But these are locals and even include (former?) staff at OC. Locals and staff at OC would have been vital eye-witnesses. Someone/several people would have seen or heard things that week that would incriminate TM in the 'disappearance' of Madeleine. Not just Mrs Fenn but other people too, imo. 

This is much more promising, imo, than ugly, pimple, tractor, bogey-man sightings in Outer Mongolia.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

"Seven more Portuguese and British Arguidos in the Maddie case" - TOTAL SUSPECTS NOW 11 (ELEVEN) - Page 2 Empty Hello & thoughts on new development

Post by violet6000 10.11.14 17:41

Hello, all--

This is my first time posting, but I have been a longtime reader of this site and follower of this story. Over the years my thoughts on theories have changed a bit, but I've always felt that the parents' behavior was off (for me it was all the blogging about jogging after their daughter's disappearance.)

I just wanted to add my voice to comments on this new development in the case. My current thought (hope?) is that SY is onto the truth here...Could this be a possible scenario?: M died at beginning of trip; Murat was called in to help (by G?). I am wondering if he--Murat--was the orchestrator behind all of the arrangements, paying folks in the area--the folks who are now being pinpointed by SY. My thought is that perhaps all the unusual protection has been afforded b/c of M's connections rather than the Mccanns'...Also, I am wondering if perhaps the death was an accident, which led more people to abet (with the additional incentive of $$$$ from the Fund).

Swinging, pedophilia, sedation, the occult--all of these things are also of interest to me in that they could be true...but even if one or more person is/was involved with any or all of the above, it doesn't mean that that was behind the cause of M's disappearance. It is odd to me, though, that it may have happened on May 1, Beltane...so odd when considered with another tragic child's story--Jon Benet-R, who died on another pagan feast day. So an alternative is that the event was preplanned. Also, I wonder if perhaps the Murat/Gerry connection was based on unsavory interests (Gaspar etc.).

I do think that the research on the creche records and the possible substitute Maddie is very compelling.

Anyway, this is what I hope is happening now...the unraveling of the plot & hopefully justice will prevail.

Thank you for providing such an interesting & informative site!!

(All in my opinion only & no offense intended to any party)
violet6000

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 10.11.14 17:45

Anyone seen any recent photos of the Mcs? I wonder what the mood is like over coffee and croissants at breakfast time in Rothley Towers?

I have to say that at both the six and seven year 'low key' anniversaries marking Madeleine's disappearance, the gruesome twosome are looking decidedly somber. 

Hmmmm. More cat and mouse games, methinks.

Not quite sure about the mobile phones but I  think I read on here that someone delivered new phones to some of them?

The FACT that Kate deleted past calls (and texts?) from her mobile - apart from one wrong number -  is highly suspicious, imo.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 10.11.14 17:51

j.rob wrote:It’s thought three of those being questioned will be declared “arguidos” - or given formal suspect status under Portuguese law.

-------

Why does the article not say that none are known to the McCanns?  

Sloppy writing or an indication that although none were known to the McCanns at a certain point in time, presumably before the fateful holiday, they may have subsequently became known to them, jrob?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 10.11.14 18:27

violet6000 wrote:Hello, all--

This is my first time posting, but I have been a longtime reader of this site and follower of this story. Over the years my thoughts on theories have changed a bit, but I've always felt that the parents' behavior was off (for me it was all the blogging about jogging after their daughter's disappearance.)

I just wanted to add my voice to comments on this new development in the case. My current thought (hope?) is that SY is onto the truth here...Could this be a possible scenario?: M died at beginning of trip; Murat was called in to help (by G?). I am wondering if he--Murat--was the orchestrator behind all of the arrangements, paying folks in the area--the folks who are now being pinpointed by SY. My thought is that perhaps all the unusual protection has been afforded b/c of M's connections rather than the Mccanns'...Also, I am wondering if perhaps the death was an accident, which led more people to abet (with the additional incentive of $$$$ from the Fund).

Swinging, pedophilia, sedation, the occult--all of these things are also of interest to me in that they could be true...but even if one or more person is/was involved with any or all of the above, it doesn't mean that that was behind the cause of M's disappearance. It is odd to me, though, that it may have happened on May 1, Beltane...so odd when considered with another tragic child's story--Jon Benet-R, who died on another pagan feast day. So an alternative is that the event was preplanned. Also, I wonder if perhaps the Murat/Gerry connection was based on unsavory interests (Gaspar etc.).

I do think that the research on the creche records and the possible substitute Maddie is very compelling.

Anyway, this is what I hope is happening now...the unraveling of the plot & hopefully justice will prevail.

Thank you for providing such an interesting & informative site!!

(All in my opinion only & no offense intended to any party)

Welcome to the forum violet thumbsup I also like kikorattons ideas.

As for today's news at the moment you won't convince me that this is a whitewash. SY used sniffer dogs again in their search this year so it follows they must agree with their alerts in 2007. SY have hardly helped the Mccanns in this investigation, it appears to me they are slowly making the general public realise exactly who is to blame.

Who did the forensics point to last time? We've heard about phone calls on the night Maddie disappeared who was deleting their call records that night? Fwiw I'm not sure the interviews will take place in Portugal, I believe they've already been done over here and the tapas group are the arguidos. There was a reason we never found out who they were last time, to keep things from leaking so SY knew they could pile on the pressure on the tapas group by making them arguidos this time but without a media storm.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 10.11.14 18:56

Aye, the interviews can wait until the end of November, it's not like it's a matter of life or death.

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 10.11.14 19:01

Tony Bennett wrote:
NickE wrote:The Scotland Yard thesis remains unchanged. On May 3, 2007, there was a failed robbery at the apartment 5A where the McCanns left their three children alone to go to dinner. Madeleine, then aged three years old, woke up and was abducted so she wouldn't recognize and accuse the intruders - a crime that may have been committed by one of the arguidos or by several, in association.
I think this means that we have two possibilities:

EITHER

The United Kingdom is blessed, in the person of Detective Chief Insepctor Andy Redwood, with one of the most brilliant detectives the world has ever seen, combing hundreds of thousands of pages of documents, tens of thosuands of mobile 'phone records, and records relating to hundreds of registered sex offenders, to have finally trapped the ELEVEN persons responsible for Madeleine's abduction

OR

It is one of the most devious and elaborate of whitewashes, charades and cover-ups in world history.

I can't see much scope for anything in between those two possibilities

The Ocean Club management said that there was no sign of a forced entry
The official investigation found no sign of an intruder
The abduction theory was proven to be impossible by Moita Flores
Gerry McCann said that nothing of value was taken
Burglars do not take children
4 year olds are not really able to give a detailed description of anyone, even a burglar would now that.
Madeleine would not have got a good look at the burglar in the dark
Even a burglar has some idea of right and wrong, how far a burglar would go depends on the person, but I doubt that there are many out there who would harm a child in any way. Are we expected to believe that 11 people knew what happened Madeleine and not one of them came forward before now, or tried to stop this happening?

Nothing was touched in the McCanns' apartment, so if Madeleine had woken up and saw this burglar, all he had to do was walk away. With no evidence of anyone being there who would act upon the word of a 4 year old?

No, Sorry Mr Redwood - I'm just not buying this, its nonsense.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11175

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 10.11.14 19:02

ultimaThule wrote:

-------

Why does the article not say that none are known to the McCanns?  

Sloppy writing or an indication that although none were known to the McCanns at a certain point in time, presumably before the fateful holiday, they may have subsequently became known to them, jrob?

I would ask why is the statement made at all ?  Why the need to state they were / are not known.  A question answered before it was asked, yet again.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.11.14 19:11

Are people falling into the trap of believing the sycophantic papers ?
Unless we are told this latest development is sourced from the investigators, otherwise who is to say what degree of accuracy (if at all) these stories hold.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 10.11.14 19:17

So does Gerard Couzens actually get paid for just re-vamping the story from Jornal de Noticias?

He does attribute both his (?) story in the Mail and also this one in the Mirror to the JdN but doesn’t appear to have done a lot of ‘journalistic work’ in order to come up with them, yet puts his name to both of them.

He seems to tout himself around- Mail, Star, Sun, Mirror, Irish Ind. etc

This is his Mirror story:

Madeleine McCann missing: Brits among 7 new suspects to be quizzed by cops hunting missing school girl

By Gerard Couzens 10th November 2014 13.50

The seven suspects know the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine vanished from on May 3 2007

Brits will be quizzed as new suspects over missing Madeleine McCann's disappearance, it was claimed today.
The British nationals are among a group of seven people due to be questioned as arguidos - or 'formal suspects' - leading Portuguese daily Jornal de Noticias reported.
Four more will be interviewed as witnesses towards the end of the month at a police station in Faro.
The seven suspects know the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine vanished from on May 3 2007, know each other and made phone calls the night she disappeared, Jornal de Noticias said.

Some are also said to have criminal records and others are ex-workers of the Ocean Club holiday resort where Madeleine, three at the time, was staying with her parents.
It is not known how many of the group of seven, which also includes Portuguese nationals, are British.
Neither was it clear last night if they continue to live in Praia da Luz or have now moved away from the town.
Continues……………

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-brits-among-4603875

…………………………………….

At least the ‘new’ picture of ‘Pumpkin Maddie’ doesn’t get into this one.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 10.11.14 19:28

Interesting if this is the eastern European woman to be questioned.

Svetlana Starikova Vitorino

Place of work: Tapas Restaurant

SVETLANA STARIKOVA VITORINO (Russian citizen, with the telephone No "96635 ####) - kitchen assistant:
- Said that, yesterday, one individual, purportedly the father of the missing, left the dinner table where a group of friends (in number 8 or 9), for about 30 minutes. After having returned, a woman whom she believed to be his wife, also left the table, there having passed a few moments, all the guests left the table in question, except one elderly lady, who told her [Svetlana's] colleagues that that child had disappeared.
- During the time that she was working yesterday (between 14:30 and 23:00) she did not see any individual with blonde "rastas".

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 10.11.14 20:13

Is it possible SY is re-interviewing the OC employees who were on duty that night, not to establish whether they had a motive to kidnap Madeleine, but to try and narrow down the times they stated in their first interviews, and to ask them more detailed questions, or perhaps the same questions, but in a different way? ie, how many men and how many women were seated at the table at 9.30pm?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.14 20:23

[quote="sharonl"][quote="Tony Bennett"][quote="NickE"]The Scotland Yard thesis remains unchanged. [b]On May 3, 2007, there was a failed robbery at the apartment 5A where the McCanns left their three children alone to go to dinner. Madeleine, then aged three years old, woke up and was abducted so she wouldn't recognize and accuse the intruders - a crime that may have been committed by one of the arguidos or by several, in association[/b].[/quote]

EITHER

The United Kingdom is blessed, in the person of Detective Chief Insepctor Andy Redwood, with one of the most brilliant detectives the world has ever seen, combing hundreds of thousands of pages of documents, tens of thosuands of mobile 'phone records, and records relating to hundreds of registered sex offenders, to have finally trapped the ELEVEN persons responsible for Madeleine's abduction

OR

It is one of the most devious and elaborate of whitewashes, charades and cover-ups in world history.

I can't see much scope for anything in between those two possibilities[/quote]

4 year olds are not really able to give a detailed description of anyone, even a burglar would now that.
Even a burglar has some idea of right and wrong, how far a burglar would go depends on the person, but I doubt that there are many out there who would harm a child in any way.  Are we expected to believe that 11 people knew what happened Madeleine and not one of them came forward before now, or tried to stop this happening?

Nothing was touched in the McCanns' apartment, so if Madeleine had woken up and saw this burglar, all he had to do was walk away.  With no evidence of anyone being there who would act upon the word of a 4 year old?

No, Sorry Mr Redwood - I'm just not buying this, its nonsense.[/quote]

And The Burglar managed to leve his sperm high up on the wall?
Curiouser &curiouser?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bodiddly 10.11.14 20:31

Dare there be hope, that this is now the inner circle being worked on. Dare we hope that the investigation started from the outside aiming to work it's way in. If it's Murat and his GF I shall see this as positive.

Activity : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 10.11.14 20:52

Portia said "with sperm high up the wall"

Where has this come from? Is this fact? I've never heard this before
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 10.11.14 21:00

sonic72 wrote:Aye, the interviews can wait until the end of November, it's not like it's a matter of life or death.
goodpost
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.11.14 21:10

bodiddly wrote:Dare there be hope, that this is now the inner circle being worked on. Dare we hope that the investigation started from the outside aiming to work it's way in. If it's Murat and his GF I shall see this as positive.
Has it been established on this Forum, or any other forum, why Robert Murat states:

Quote from RM's PJ statement he arrived in Portugal on 1st May 2007

Relating to the events under investigation, he said he arrived on May 01 at 09:30 at the airport in Faro, coming from the city of Exeter, which has an airport. His address, that is the home of his grandmother that he is restoring, is at Sidmouth in Devon. His sister lives in two different locations, both in Exeter.
--- At the airport he was met by his mother, in the VW that the respondent drove. He went to a petrol station at the airport exit, that had closed the toilets. He didn't eat anything or fill up the car. He then drove to the A22, where he stopped at the first service station on the way........

End quote.

But according to SERGEY MALINKA, Malinka met R Murat on the 30th April 2007, a day BEFORE Murat arrived in Portugal

Quote taken from S Malinka's PJ Statement:

The last time they met was at the request of ROBERT, who called the witness to perform other work and improve the page. The day after the telephone contact he met with him together with MICHAELA. This meeting took place on 30 April 2007, so the contact call occurred on 29th. It was held in the "Baptista" supermarket, about 10H00.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.11.14 21:14

Hurry! hurry! hurry! (maddie can wait a few more weeks in her 'lair' in the lawless village less than 10kms from PDL, can't she?)

Give the 'suspects' 2 weeks 'notice'

Hope they don't all get 'together' in Chaplins bar.............to get their 'stories' straight!

Ala........ T9 at Rothley Hotel!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 10.11.14 21:16

sharonl wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
NickE wrote:The Scotland Yard thesis remains unchanged. On May 3, 2007, there was a failed robbery at the apartment 5A where the McCanns left their three children alone to go to dinner. Madeleine, then aged three years old, woke up and was abducted so she wouldn't recognize and accuse the intruders - a crime that may have been committed by one of the arguidos or by several, in association.

EITHER

OR

I can't see much scope for anything in between those two possibilities

Even a burglar has some idea of right and wrong, how far a burglar would go depends on the person, but I doubt that there are many out there who would harm a child in any way.  Are we expected to believe that 11 people knew what happened Madeleine and not one of them came forward before now, or tried to stop this happening?

Nothing was touched in the McCanns' apartment, so if Madeleine had woken up and saw this burglar, all he had to do was walk away.  With no evidence of anyone being there who would act upon the word of a 4 year old?

No, Sorry Mr Redwood - I'm just not buying this, its nonsense.

ALSO REMEMBER THE MASSIVE REWARD MONEY UP FOR GRABS . Conveniently forgotten in the midsts of time . NEVER forget the Reward Money .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 10.11.14 21:17

As other have said, I think we need to treat this "news" with a pinch of salt. Unless it comes out of the mouth of Redwood, or an official SY mouthpiece, then it's probably being placed in the MSM by team mccann.
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top